Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
FoxGuy3001

FoxGuy3001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Who would have thought that 100 miles was so long?

I can say that I am very surprised how high they set the mark to travel on a horse you barely even use! I just set the controller down and it took over an hour before I finally heard that little "blip".

In fact this feels a little more self indulgent that Superman's travel goal simply because at least in that game you fly everywhere....I mean its no where near enough, but at least you don't go through 70% of the game without flight.

You just know someone was like "Oh shit, we put the horse in all the marketing and then forgot to make him important in the game....quick, add him to the last 2 boss fights and than make some kind of achievement for riding him a lot. Something like 100 miles but more achievable."

Oh well, whats done is done. Fun little game regardless.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Runic Aries

Runic Aries's Gamercard
I think the boss fights I can use Ruin in (Stygian and Final Boss) are my favorites, but yeah, 100 miles is a bit ridiculous.

100% Arcade
● 1 vs. 100 ● Dash of Destruction ● Portal: Still Alive ● UnoVirtual On: OT ●

Help support my sig here
Runic Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
monox1de

TheCl0wnPrince's Gamercard
Question, you say you set your controller down for over an hour with it running. I was running into a wall holding the controller for about 30 seconds and checked my distance traveled and it didnt move from where I was before I was running. I was just going to do that but it didn't seem to be working? Where did you have Ruin running for this to work right?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monox1de View Post
Question, you say you set your controller down for over an hour with it running. I was running into a wall holding the controller for about 30 seconds and checked my distance traveled and it didnt move from where I was before I was running. I was just going to do that but it didn't seem to be working? Where did you have Ruin running for this to work right?
do it in ashland, a lot of space. use tape to hold the LS in the right place.

i did it as soon (as soon) as i got the horse, so i needed all 100. i was able to watch stargate continuim in that time, and a bit of another movie.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #5
FoxGuy3001

FoxGuy3001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
do it in ashland, a lot of space. use tape to hold the LS in the right place.

i did it as soon (as soon) as i got the horse, so i needed all 100. i was able to watch stargate continuim in that time, and a bit of another movie.
Yeah, I did it in the boss area where there were no obstructions. I would wait untill you finish the game though. By the end of it I think I had about 19-20miles done, so if you got to run them anyways you might as well save yourself some grinding time. (do you call taping a controller "grinding"? maybe just "time".....hmmm...)
Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #6
End all Be all

End all Be all's Gamercard
Dont use tape.. wrap a rubber band around both sticks so they lean towards each other, youll run around in small circles
Old 01-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Shawn Lesane

Shawn Lesane's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by End all Be all View Post
Dont use tape.. wrap a rubber band around both sticks so they lean towards each other, youll run around in small circles

worked like a charm and it doesnt take too long either ! If you finished the game already.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
Killen Villian

Killen Villain's Gamercard
Tape?

Tape is a bad idea, and rubber bands aren't that common now a days, how about you just use your headset cord, wrap it around the joystick and away you go, running in circles.

100 miles is ridiculous and takes about an hour of boosting like that, try to make the circle as wide as possible. And if your using a wireless controller(hell who isn't) remember to flick the other joystick every 15 minutes or the controller turns off.

Last edited by Killen Villian; 01-12-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Killen Villian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Wow. That horse moves fast. If it takes an hour to go a hundred miles that means the horse runs at a speed of around 100 mph. Where can I get me a horse like that?

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
FoxGuy3001

FoxGuy3001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by End all Be all View Post

I actually use a key chain that I out on the left stick and hang off the edge of a table. Fun fact, a key chain heavy enough to make your character run for a 100 miles can be rather cumbersome to carry around every day.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
Smooth Dan

Mr Danalysis's Gamercard
I did this last night. Was at the end of the game when I did mine and I just leaned on it so I was running in circles in Leviathon's Drift and watched Numb3rs and CSI was done when I got back. Prolly the most annoying achievment in the game
Smooth Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
Spawnus

Master Spawnus's Gamercard
Actually I would say the most annoying achievements are the Collect the Wrathshards/Lifeshards and artifacts without a guide, this one you can just set the controller how you need it to be then go do something else in the time being.
AvP,Batman AA, Bad Company 2, Bayonetta, CoD4, Dante's Inferno, Darksiders, Dead Space, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, L4D2, Sonic and SEGA All Star Racing, Star Wars TFU. Transformers The Game, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Xmen Origins: Wolverine

100% Arcade
Battlefield 1943, Castlevania: SOTN,
Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 4: Episode 1, Streets of Rage 2
Spawnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

wow ppl are so anti tape. i use masking tape for this and the lf2 dead kill X number of zombies with no ill effect.

ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:23 AM   #14
Orgymang

Send a message via ICQ to Orgymang Send a message via AIM to Orgymang

Zero3ffect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killen Villian View Post
how about you just use your headset cord, wrap it around the joystick and away you go, running in circles.
Nice idea... I'm currently using my headset cord to do this achievement as we speak. The last time I had to boost a distance-type achievement was in Dead Rising and I used a rubber band and it didn't work anywhere near as well as the headset cord is now.
Orgymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #15
Suki

this one lets the achs down its so bad, i mean how many times would u need to play this game through to get to 100 miles on ruin, i have been running round on the desert for 90 mins and it still has not popped its plain crazy the 150 kills on ruin is fine and doable but 20 miles on ruin would of been acceptable and about right, surely they knew the only ppl to ever get this one would be taping the controller and to rub salt into the wound its a secret ach OMG!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 AM   #16
FingeredPope

FingeredPope's Gamercard
Yeah this achievement is a pain in the butt, but good thing I have me plenty of rubber bands and tv shows to catch up on. Personally i'm doing it in the arena that you get Ruin at. Its taking a while, but so are the many episodes that I need to catch up on.

So, I heard you liek mudkipz.
FingeredPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
monox1de

I'm doing the headphone cord idea now as we speak. Great idea haha, never would have thought of using it.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #18
CPT_Pequet

sh0tty sh0t's Gamercard
ahhh good old rubber bands! this was by far the one of the most annoying achievements to get, after the damn aerial predator one.....
CPT_Pequet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #19
Jim Auh Thee

Jimmmy x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
wow ppl are so anti tape. i use masking tape for this and the lf2 dead kill X number of zombies with no ill effect.

I also Use tape
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #20
iNf3Rn0 Lan

iNf3Rn0 Lan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
In Tales of Vesperia there's a similar achievement for going 100,000 KILOMETERS.

Wasted 7 hours one Sunday waiting for it to come up. I expected it to only take like an hour, and geez I sat there so much longer than I needed to.

iNf3Rn0 Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #21
Ramiel

Rainnin Death's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killen Villian View Post
Tape is a bad idea, and rubber bands aren't that common now a days, how about you just use your headset cord, wrap it around the joystick and away you go, running in circles.

Funny thing I don't use anything like that my girlfriend has tons of hair elastics around I just use one of those.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #22
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
doing mine now using a hairband in the ashlands before i restart the whole thing again just to get the last wraith and lifestone shards i was glitched out of
been running round in circles for a while now, and iv been using ruin as much as possible since i got him
Old 01-16-2010, 03:36 AM   #23
monox1de

The thing that shocked me about this achievement is that you get Ruin about maybe half way through the game I'll say? At that point I looked at how much distance I traveled myself through the entire game so far. I was just barely over 100 miles itself. I just don't understand what they were thinking making the Ruin achievement 100 miles when you barely use him. Thankfully I have recieved the achievement.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:09 AM   #24
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
I always see someone mentioned the book method (put a heavy book on your controller to keep your controller moving), but for some reason the book falls off for me. I just held to held the left stick to the corner making the ruin do circles and use the boost to know i was still doing it and watch tv.

Unbrokensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #25
richs180

Thrash Forever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just use the rubberband method, using a rubberband to tie the 2 sticks together and you'll run in a small left-hand circle. Remember to plug your controller in though or it will turn off after 15 minutes.
300,000G - 28th June 2011
400,000G - 31st December 2012
500,000G - 23rd June 2014
richs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #26
Puselmuckel

Puselmuckel's Gamercard
Maybe I am stupid, but how can I check the distance that I have traveled already? Cannot find it.

EDIT:
Found traveled distance, but there is nothing about miles on horse, right?

Last edited by Puselmuckel; 01-21-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Puselmuckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #27
lordrex217

lordrex172's Gamercard
no there is nothing to say how far you have traveled on a horse. just look at the distance traveled, add 100, and hope that you have already traveled awhile with the horse.

lordrex217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #28
Trdis Trvler

Trdis Trvler's Gamercard
Personally, using a shoelace right now.

GS=70K on 3/7/2013 @ 0202!!!! Now my goal is 85K by 12/31/2013!!!
Trdis Trvler is offline   Reply With Quote