MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramiel View Post

Battle Hardened 20
Max out all weapons and unlock all combat moves

This will take time I would recommend doing this on the APOCALYPTIC difficulty as the enemies give more experience, get enhancements that gather more souls and gain more weapon exp, the chaoseater that you start with will later be replaced with a level 4 sword so you only need to worry about the Scythe and Tremor Gauntlet, when you get all the upgrades from Vulgrim and level up your weapons this should pop.

Thanks to CRA for this, "The best way to grind exp quite fast is equipping war's glory (which can be found in the spider dungeon). Then go from the iron canopy to the big "web door". from there go left through 2 rooms and jump down, exit on ground level and down the alley, down the stairs. enter the room, jump down, climb back up and return to the big door. rinse and repeat until all weapons are lvl 4."

War's Glory can be found just after the giant spider is killed a little further and you come to a area where you have to use your flight on the blue orbs and then grapple, if you boost off the first blue orb do a 180 and glide back the way you came, the chest will be right there.

Thanks to LasherM, "The achievement only pops "after" you get the Armageddon Blade. Even if you do level up the Chaoseater to level 4 that won't trgger it.
"
wars glory is a legendary enhancement and its the first on eive got. do u need to collect all of them for the achievement or do u only need to collect the regular enhancements? thanks.

edit... do i need to fully upgrade my 4 wrath powers to get the battle hardened achievement or do i just need to full upgrade my weapon attacks? please respond soon!

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.

Last edited by MASS DOMINATION; 01-23-2010 at 12:21 AM.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:33 AM   #32
nel e nel

nel e nel's Gamercard
Quote:
High Flier 20
Kill 5 duskbats without touching the ground

I also go this one in “The Choking Grounds” the one where you have to kill 30 enemies with finishing moves, the first 4 are the duskbats, it took me about 4 tries the 4th one would always fly to far to get the 5th, anyway jump and do the B move to do an instant kill as you are doing the move swing your camera to the next and push on the LS to jump towards it then hit B again close to it keep doing that and more should spawn before your done with the first 4 with some luck they will have moved close to you.
I found an alternate location for those that missed the opportunity at the above spot: Scalding Gallow/Dry Road en route to the sandworm dungeon. Right after you shatter the blue crystals at the entrance, and make a left turn into the freeway tunnel (before you open the gate using the chronosphere). There are two zombies on the ground and 5 duskbats hanging from the ceiling. Kill the zombies so they won't pester you, then get the duskbats to surround you. If you are having trouble getting them to unperch, use the boomerang to get them to fall down. Once you have them all around you, go to town using the same technique above - circling the camera during one kill to line up the next. Took me about 4-5 tries, but got it.

Last edited by nel e nel; 01-28-2010 at 07:30 PM.
nel e nel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #33
evilman1000

EviIR's Gamercard
This guide is helping me quite a bit thankyou very much!!! hopefully have 1k off before mass effect 6 days to go...

evilman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #34
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
Great guide.

Enjoying the achievements in this game, its an ok list bar 2.

The horse riding one is an arse, you get the horse far too late in the game, to ride 100 miles naturally and there's actually hardly any places you can ride as well.

Also the final one for unlocking everything, tf is the point just add the score to other achievements, this is not PS3 we do not have platinum achievements.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #35
Scarey Turtle

Scarey Turtle's Gamercard
Nice guide.
Scarey Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #36
Fligger

HellishSeraphim's Gamercard
Excellent guide. I'm currently workin' through it, and everything is very helpful. Just like to point out, and I don't know if anyone else has notice this or even cares, but it's goin' to bother me, that the Achievement for spilling 3000 gallons of demon blood is called "River of Blood", not "Rivers of Blood". Sorry, just kinda a personal thing I saw, not here to judge the guide, I think it's excellent.
Fligger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #37
Mosizzle313

Send a message via AIM to Mosizzle313

THlCK NECK's Gamercard
thanks man
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #38
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Excellent guide. Very nicely done and very detailed. This game did take longer then expected, especially that damn black thorne level. Thanks again for this.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #39
Cambo1979

Does anyone know if the stats travel across playthroughs?

For example, if I have finished the game on Apocalyptic but have not maxed out all weapons can I start again and my weapons will still powerful but not maxed out?

I haven't actually finished it yet but I don't want to get to the end only to find that I've missed some cheevies that can only be found late in the game.

Cambo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #40
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
As far as i know, you only have your abyssal armor trough plays.

If you finished the game you have to do all the stuff on that file.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!

Last edited by CoregBlue1; 02-15-2010 at 11:22 PM.
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #41
ManekiNeko

Plum Noodles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got my 666th kill in Drowned Pass and I didn't get the achievement, though is it possible they don't count because I'm in that other realm going through those portals?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #42
Phil the Bear

Phil the Bear's Gamercard
I think this was a brilliant game - especially so early in the year.

The Roadmap and Guide are very good here.

My advice - playthrough once on Apocalyptic. It took me precisely 20hr 30mins and I died 50 times - the majority of those in the first 8 hours or so when I was learning fighting techniques and the best use of targeting and dodging.

You should probably ignore the guide for everything but the 4 missable achievements unless you do not mind the story being ruined a little.

It is also worth noting that if you start on easy mode you can get what I would consider to be the 2 harder missable cheevs inside 1 hour - open air parking (in the first 10 mins or so) and get 160 kills on the angelic beast - so much easier this way.

Everything is gettable once you have completed the game - do not worry about missing anything.

All weapon experience is grindable in the iron canopy with spider kills - search the forum for an excellent guide that speeds this up so much.

The only thing that crosses over into different playthroughs is abysmal armour - so do not think you can grind weapons across playthroughs.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this forum - especially the guide/roadmap makers.

Roll on the sequels.

Phil the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #43
EternalPredator

EternalPredator's Gamercard
nice guide helped me alot cheers

I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle.
- PS3 (250GB Slim) -
- Xbox 360 S (Reach Edition) -
- Custom built Gaming Computer -

EternalPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 AM   #44
chanman

oCH40T1C CH4No's Gamercard
I just rented this game. I look forward to using this guide.

chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #45
gollumsteed

Nice guide
gollumsteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #46
Salle

Agonys's Gamercard
Nice guide, pretty pro for a first try if you ask me! It sure made the 1k come quick. A rly awesome game aswell ^^
Salle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #47
Bango Stank

BangoStank's Gamercard
If that was your first try it is great. I look forward to more from you. keep up the good work we all appreciate it.
Bango Stank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 AM   #48
Hammerdrake

Outstanding Guide - I cannot imagine the time this has saved me. Very clear and spoiler-free as possible missables detailed. Great work - thanks!
Hammerdrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #49
droelghynn

droelghynn's Gamercard
Improvised Kills tip

Improvised Kills 10
Kill 150 enemies with items from the environment

For this an easy way to get started is on the first level there will be lots of people running around in the chaos they count for kills so just pick up something and try to kill them before the other enemies. Later try and kill the zombies as they are weak, if you have a hard time finding them later in the game just attack some of the demons around until they have that finish move above their head then kill them, or just go back to "The Crossroads" lots of zombies still there.
Also when you get it throw on the “Ravager” Enhancement it improves damage with environmental weapons.

just wanted to say that multiple playthrough count, so if you're still not at your 150 kills by the end of the game, just start a new one on easy and finish the work

cheers to all and thanx for the time you spend writing all the guides

d.
droelghynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:52 AM   #50
Talus

Talus360's Gamercard
Love the guide! Just got 1000/1000 tonight
Talus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #51
J B3 Dat Nikka

Send a message via Yahoo to J B3 Dat Nikka

xX J Frost Xx's Gamercard
Good Job On Diz First Guild Will Come In Handy When I Get Da Game From Gamefly Keep Up Da Good Work

J B3 Dat Nikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #52
RevilingDante

Send a message via MSN to RevilingDante

RevilingDante's Gamercard
only got 750 thank
RevilingDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #53
ryuofstrata

Quote:
Collectables

High Flier 20
Kill 5 duskbats without touching the ground

I also go this one in “The Choking Grounds” the one where you have to kill 30 enemies with finishing moves, the first 4 are the duskbats, it took me about 4 tries the 4th one would always fly to far to get the 5th, anyway jump and do the B move to do an instant kill as you are doing the move swing your camera to the next and push on the LS to jump towards it then hit B again close to it keep doing that and more should spawn before your done with the first 4 with some luck they will have moved close to you.
Hullo, very helpful guide, thank you.

I wanted to mention a useful tool for this one. After each instant kill, you can use the glide ability to reach the next one. It gives you a little more time to reach your next target. I was able to kill 8 in a row at the choking grounds using this method, during the 30 finishing moves event.
ryuofstrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #54
xLoCk 0nx

xLoCk 0nx's Gamercard
Great guide, helped a lot

Regarding Battle Hardened Achievement:

-You need to buy all levels of each combat move (levels 1,2 and 3) that have levels to unlock the achievement. Simply buying the first level of each combat move will not unlock the achievement (this will make it clearer for players trying to work out many many souls to save up via grinding)
-You don't need to buy any of the wrath abilities or upgrade them
-Don't waste souls upgrading wrath abilities as they are expensive, spend them on combat moves. You can also save souls by not buying the extra wrath abilities (although you need to buy all 4 wrath abilities for an achievement, see below).

Regarding Wrath Machine:

-You need to have all 4 wrath abilities, you start with blade geyser and you will eventually be able to buy the other 3.
-To save souls, make a save of your game before buying the remaining 3 for the achievement, and then revert to the game save where you have still got those souls. I didn't find the wrath abilities all that useful (except blade geyser for big enemies), so not having them won't really make the game much harder.

Regarding Devastator:

-As you mentioned in your guide, a good place is, coincedently, the spider room - you can easily kill 10 spiders with the Blade Geyser attack, but I am not sure what level of Blade Geyser you would need, maybe level 3.

Last edited by xLoCk 0nx; 04-09-2010 at 11:26 AM.
xLoCk 0nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #55
Sephiroth740

Sephiroth740's Gamercard
Awesome guide.
Sephiroth740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #56
cosmonova

CosmoNitro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesher Lavan View Post
Dark Rider 10
Ride for 100 miles

If you want an easy way to do this when you kill the Stygian go out to the open put a elastic on the L stick and just run in circles walk away come back you should have it, will take a while to get but hey beats sitting there.

Anybody know HOW LONG?

I've been running for 15mins, still cannot get it... anyone can share/help?
cosmonova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #57
tafflock

tafflock's Gamercard
Dark Rider achievement is a pain. I had an elastic band on it for about 40 mins and only did about 40miles. Still, gotta be done.
tafflock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #58
tugjob85

Braden TUG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJul View Post
This last statement is incorrect. I had the Chaos Eater, the Gauntlet and the Scythe at level 4. I then forged Armageddon and... no achievement. I had one move for the gauntlet not maxed out. The achievement popped right after I bought the move's last level and exited the shop menu.

Does anyone have an idea of approximately how many souls it takes to max out all the combat moves? Also do I have to buy all the wrath abilities as well?
tugjob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #59
S33k666D3STR0Y

S33k666D3STR0Y's Gamercard
i found this game to be pretty good and the puzzle sections were good but the boss fights are a bit repeatitive
S33k666D3STR0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #60
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
NIce guide, thanks!

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote