PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two: The 40th Day
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #31
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Unbreakable 25
You must survive an entire level in one session without being downed on normal difficulty or above

This is easiest on chapter 1 on normal difficulty. This isn't very hard if you go slow, stay behind cover until all of the enemies are dead and use your agro along with good communication with your partner.
You might want to also mention that using 'restart checkpoint' will not work for this achievement. I went through the first mission twice using restart checkpoint to work on a few achievement and didn't get it at the end. Then I did a run through with no checkpoints and it unlocked.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #32
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Could someone make a guide (video preferably) of weapon parts found in the world or given to you by certain ways? The homebrew parts? I still have some parts and weapons I didn't unlock.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #33
ODST Kayne

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It isn't too great, but in the mall chapter, where you are rescued by the russian, that is probably the best place to get the pistolier achievement. Lot's of enemies and you use a pistol the majority of the time on the way to your gear. Maybe that would help?

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:58 AM   #34
rza_2002

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
just a quick note that if your going for kills good/bad endings and playing on casual you'll complete it in less than 4 hours if you are semi-decent, longest chapter took me 40mins without buying/upgrading any weapons, depening on how long contractor takes you, you can probably get all the offline achievements in less than 20 hours

rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 AM   #35
h311i0n

h311i0n's Gamercard
Question about the purist and heartless achievements. If I am going for the heartless achievements does saving the hostages work against the achievement.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #36
llll epic llll

llll epic llll's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by h311i0n View Post
Question about the purist and heartless achievements. If I am going for the heartless achievements does saving the hostages work against the achievement.
I just finished the game and got Heartless but I didnt get humanist. I am pretty sure we rescued all the hostages. At the beginning of the final Chapter 7 I got a message that said something like "you didnt rescue enough hostages, you will have to do this alone"

I read that if you rescued the hostages and made pos morality choices armored civilians come out to help you. I think I rescued hostages but made neg morality choices, but now im second guessing missing a hostage somewhere.

Is this when humanist pops?

If anyone has any insight on this, that would be great.
llll epic llll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #37
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Quote:
Quick Draw 15
You need to kill 25 enemies with a quick draw from mock surrender

Sometimes when you come up on a group of enemies it will give you an option to hit A to enter "mock surrender". Once in mock surrender mode you can either tap A again to buy more time and drop to your knees or hit RT to do a quick draw. You can still do a quick draw if you drop to your knees. You can keep reloading check points near one of these places and check your progress by going into the start menu and going to statistics.
Actually this isn't in the statistics menu. There is "Time your partner sniped while in mock surrender" and "co-op snipes" but none for kills from a mock position (not that I can see anyway).

Also, you may want to add in that you can still aim with the LT to make sure you have a head shot when you hit RT for the quick draw, otherwise you may just get a couple of hits in the body and I don't think they count.

Last edited by Filter x360a; 01-14-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #38
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by llll epic llll View Post
I just finished the game and got Heartless but I didnt get humanist. I am pretty sure we rescued all the hostages. At the beginning of the final Chapter 7 I got a message that said something like "you didnt rescue enough hostages, you will have to do this alone"

I read that if you rescued the hostages and made pos morality choices armored civilians come out to help you. I think I rescued hostages but made neg morality choices, but now im second guessing missing a hostage somewhere.

Is this when humanist pops?

If anyone has any insight on this, that would be great.
humanist unlock in chapter 5
Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #39
Piccolo549

Send a message via AIM to Piccolo549

PiccoloxxReborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:

Total FistBump Destruction 10
You need to finish the game as best friends

To get this you must finish the game with a partnership camaraderie level of "Ambiguous ...". You can check this by hitting the START button and looking under "Partnership" in the bottom left corner. As long as at the end of chapter 7, right before you plant the C4 and enter the room, your partnership status reads "Ambiguous ..." then you will get the achievement. There will be some random word after ambiguous but that doesn't matter.

When not in combat, go up to your partner and hit A to give him props, this will increase your camaraderie. Stand outside the final C4 door in chapter 7 and hit A over and over again until your status is correct.

This achievement pops after the end of the last cut scene, so you can't restart from your last check point and get Total Fistbump Deflation.

Yeah you can restart from checkpoint, just wait till after the cut scene with the decision and after the mission review comes up there is another cut scene. That's when you can reload the checkpoint.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #40
SoBeRxFTW

Pulveratez's Gamercard
Waiting to see when the guide is fully complete so it can help me when I get this game.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #41
roloboloco

roloboloco's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Loot and Pillage 20
You need to collect $1,000,000

Assuming you have found most of the money stashes, saved the hostages, etc... you may or may not get this on your first playthrough. I was about mid way through chapter 7 when it poped.

Feel free to spend your money, the achievement will pop when you have earned $1 million across all playthroughs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have another suggestion for this achievement. when I was going through some of my achievements for this game I came to a checkpoint during chapter 5(I think) where I had to mock surrender to 2 guys with a lockbox behind them and a radio to the left. As I was surrendering and shooting them I kept on reloading and collected the money from the lockbox which was $40,000 and since I was collecting that all the time my achievement popped up saying I collected the million. So you don't actually have to have all the million dollars just keep reloading a checkpoint like this and voila.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #42
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Hey Epic. Just a thought, you might want to suggest doing the "Heartless" achievement with the first playthrough in order to earn some more money/weapons/parts.

Also, just for clarification, does anyone know if selecting the negative action in the hospital unlock the Fifty cal? I didn't know if that's why it was unlocked or if it was just a coincedence, can't see that though seeing as I've played through this game 3 times already and the guy I was playing with unlocked it there as well on his first playthrough.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #43
llll epic llll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo549 View Post
Yeah you can restart from checkpoint, just wait till after the cut scene with the decision and after the mission review comes up there is another cut scene. That's when you can reload the checkpoint.
So you can get Total Fistbump destruction, reload and get your camaraderie down and get Total Fistbump deflation? Also could u do this for Future Visions by just quitting out and reloading the checkpoint, because you can reselect your character after u quit out.

Are you talking about the credits? You can reload a checkpoint from there?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #44
Andy Kline

Is the king of the hill achievement glitched? I made a checklist of everything so i wouldn't forget one but i still didn't get it... I probably made a stupid mistake or something ? :s
Andy Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #45
Piccolo549

Quote:
So you can get Total Fistbump destruction, reload and get your camaraderie down and get Total Fistbump deflation? Also could u do this for Future Visions by just quitting out and reloading the checkpoint, because you can reselect your character after u quit out.

Are you talking about the credits? You can reload a checkpoint from there?
After you make a choice watch the cut scene then after that the mission review appears, then after you hit A on the mission review to continue that's when you pause the game and reload checkpoint. You have to do the fight on the stairs again but it's better than redoing the whole game. So yes once reloaded just make your camaraderie go up or down far enough to meet the achievement requirements.

Also for future visions I did one of the options and watched all the cut scenes and the credits. Once back at the main menu jut start up a game and CONTINUE from the save you were just playing. Do the stair fight again, pick a different option, then rinse repeat.

***Also I'm defiantly willing to help with contributions to the guide if needed as I've gotten all the campaign achievements expect for collecting all the weapons, I'm thinking for that you may have to buy everything?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #46
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
For Scavanger, the Rusty Stock, Metal Plate, Screwdriver and Soda Can Silencer all count for this. You can put either the screwdriver or soda can, but not both. And I am almost 100% sure this can only be done with assult rifles, as only they allow front mount (metal Plate), Stock (Rusty stock) and suppressor (soda can or Screwdriver). no other guns allow for these upgrades... if thats what you call them. I still have a few upgrades to unlock, but these are confirmed to work.
Just going out on a limb here but can't confirm...I'm going to guess that the "Kitchen Knife" is considered a Homebrew part. Can anyone confirm whether this counts or not?

Edit: Also I haven't seen it asked anywhere, but does anybody know if "Softcore" and "Hardcore" can be earned with one player on Casual/Normal difficulty? I don't think this guide would be complete without the answer to that question included.

Last edited by Stewie Griffin2; 01-14-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #47
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

For King of The Hill, you have to win a match on every map on every gametype. The maps are: Aftermath, Vertigo, Crossroads, Zoo, Temple, and Consulate. Im not finished with them all yet, so i'll post if I get the achievement or not.

For the Humanist, the last civilian hostage is on the 5th Chapter next to a bulldozer. After you rescue him, the achievement pops.

For the achievement for getting a kill with all weapons including special weapons, the only special weapins I have seen are the RPG and Grenade Launcher. Anyone seen anymore?
Old 01-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #48
slackydave

slackydave's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
does anyone have a method for the 'grenadier' achievement? while the method posted is good in theory, it doesn't work because there's no where to pick up grenades before the hostage situation.
I got this by having a lil bit of fun the with grenade launcher XD but there is an easier way its on the guide now.

slackydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #49
llll epic llll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin2 View Post
Just going out on a limb here but can't confirm...I'm going to guess that the "Kitchen Knife" is considered a Homebrew part. Can anyone confirm whether this counts or not?

Edit: Also I haven't seen it asked anywhere, but does anybody know if "Softcore" and "Hardcore" can be earned with one player on Casual/Normal difficulty? I don't think this guide would be complete without the answer to that question included.
I can confirm that the kitchen knife counts as a homebrew weapon, it will be added into the guide.

I think I have a save right at the end, I will try to reload from it and switch difficulties, when I get off work tonight.

Last edited by llll epic llll; 01-14-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #50
llll epic llll

Since the community is pulling together to try to get this guide done quickly, instead of writing *added by so and so beside every achievement someone helped on, I was thinking about just adding a credits section at the bottom that will have everyone's name that has helped in any way.

This will keep the guide from being cluttered. Does this sound like a good idea to everyone?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #51
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Since the community is pulling together to try to get this guide done quickly, instead of writing *added by so and so beside every achievement someone helped on, I was thinking about just adding a credits section at the bottom that will have everyone's name that has helped in any way.

This will keep the guide from being cluttered. Does this sound like a good idea to everyone?
That's what I was going to recommend. It just looks cluttered and very "ugly" (for lack of better words) to have a name beside everything that was added. Just do a thanks to at the bottom. That's what I usually do.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #52
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Quote:

Sounds good to me.

For the All Guns Blazing achievement, the two special weapons are the RPG and MGL(Grenade launcher). They are found around the maps as weapon pick-up's.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #53
Xxtrue2dagamexX

XxTrue2dagamexX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
For the 10 Headshot achievement in multiplayer, you need to actually take their head off. Headshots with Assualt Rifles don't take the enemies head off, I would suggest using the Pump Action Shotgun.

the Desert Eagle is also real good for exploding heads
Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #54
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo549 View Post
After you make a choice watch the cut scene then after that the mission review appears, then after you hit A on the mission review to continue that's when you pause the game and reload checkpoint. You have to do the fight on the stairs again but it's better than redoing the whole game. So yes once reloaded just make your camaraderie go up or down far enough to meet the achievement requirements.

Also for future visions I did one of the options and watched all the cut scenes and the credits. Once back at the main menu jut start up a game and CONTINUE from the save you were just playing. Do the stair fight again, pick a different option, then rinse repeat.
I can confirm this works. Just did it myself and got both achievements.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #55
Piccolo549

For the full arsenal achievement you have to buy all weapons and atachments but I can confirm you do not have to buy any skins for them. I know there was some confusion over that.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #56
llll epic llll

Very good stuff, I am home from work and will start adding some of this in now.

Also the rest of the videos for the collectibles are being uploaded to youtube.

I think I should be able to get the rest of this guide filled out and cleaned up by tomorrow night, possibly saturday.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #57
Laronvas

Laronvas's Gamercard
Quote:
Secret & Versus Achievements

Rock, Paper, Scissors 5
Beat your partner at rock, paper, scissors three times in a row

This can be done playing with a real co-op partner. When not in combat, run up beside him and press Y. Then use the D-pad to make a selection. When 3 times in a row and it will unlock.

Purist 20
Make only positive choices

Throughout the game you will come to a point where your asked to make a decision. Pick A to do this or pick B to do that. One will boost your morality and one will decrease it. You can only get 1 of these 2 achievements in a playthrough. So pick which one you want and stick with it for the rest of the game.

*Tip from Dark Knight1990*
"For the positive and negative moral playthru achievements it is important to know that you can load your last checkpoint if you make the wrong choice so long as you don't let the video finish."
Rock, Paper, Scissors:
I did this solo as Rios.....if you haven't played RPS in a few seconds he'll start a predictable pattern over. Going clockwise from Left-Dpad. You should just be able to counter that pattern for a quick 3 wins in a row. (If you tie the first time because he throws same as you...just counter the above pattern cycle again)

Purist:
I thought I was picking the good choice on final decision (no spoilers) but I didn't....so I finished the game...and reloaded the final chapter and redid the final decision and picked the proper one and it still granted me purist even though I technically picked the bad choice first. Just a tip if you oppsy during a decision you should be able to change it atleast the final choice...maybe the others as well.
Laronvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:03 AM   #58
BarbaricGoose

Richard Bastion's Gamercard

Quote:
Scavenger 15
Build a gun using 3 homebrew parts

*Tip from Midnight Malice*
"the Rusty Stock, Metal Plate, Screwdriver, Soda Can Silencer, and Kitchen Knife all count for this. You can put either the screwdriver or soda can, but not both. And I am almost 100% sure this can only be done with assult rifles, as only they allow front mount (metal Plate), Stock (Rusty stock) and suppressor (soda can or Screwdriver). no other guns allow for these upgrades... if thats what you call them. I still have a few upgrades to unlock, but these are confirmed to work."
The Pipe Launcher 40MM front mount also counts towards the Scavenger achievement.

I confirmed this myself myself a moment ago by using it in conjunction with the Screwdriver and the Rusty Stock.

Great guide, by the way! It's coming along very nicely.

BarbaricGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #59
llll epic llll

All 7 chapters now have videos for the collectibles (cats, radios, and the weapon parts u need to find).
Old 01-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #60
VisitorQ

MechaHertz's Gamercard

Guide looks excellent! Picking this up today and is deffo gonna use it for the collectables.
Thanks for making it.
VisitorQ is offline   Reply With Quote