PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
alexthelion32

alexthelion32's Gamercard
Enjoyed Arkam Asylum - worth getting?

Hi was just wondering if arkham city is like the original and worth buying
alexthelion32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's pretty much the same. Just a few different gadgets and stuff. It's great, more freedom, and awesome stuff to do.

Don't pass on it.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yes, get it.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Batman games have the most detailed, best looking graphics of any game out...in my opinion. Both are worth the money.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
severed360

severed360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsGoMOO View Post
It's pretty much the same.
the combat is a lot smoother in AC with quite a few more moves to pull off, theres less repetition in the boss battles, and the story is pretty damn amazing.

that said i wouldnt pass up on this game if you already enjoyed AA
severed360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
No brainer...get it.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If you loved asylum then get this game! A lot of people said City wasn't as good, but I definitely disagree. I loved the free roam a lot in this game and the sidequests were definitely enjoyable. Get this game.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
Jaxl187

Jaxl187's Gamercard
definetely the game I enjoyed most this year. better then AC, stunning graphics and encountered no glitches whatsoever
Jaxl187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
Riddler01

HaywireRiddler's Gamercard
Get GOTYE. It's great.
Riddler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
One Winged Joker

DarkSephiroth93's Gamercard
Hell yes. Nuff said.

One Winged Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Yup. An amazing and somehow even better sequel to an amazing game.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
Danyaelus

danyaelus's Gamercard
The characters, story, gadgets, etc. are all fantastic (and a great improvement on an already great first game). Support for 3d TVs was awesome, too.

Just like the first one, the thing that I enjoyed most is feeling like a badass (Batman) when you get the hang of the combos, and in one fluid motion, you chew through big groups of thugs.
Danyaelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Definetly worth getting it, i;m just waiting for it to become cheaper because i like saving money
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
SALT1R3

SALT1r3's Gamercard
Superb game, if you enjoyed the first, you'll enjoy this even more.

SALT1R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #15
roflwaffle86

roflwaffle86's Gamercard
Get the goty edition, you get to play as robin
roflwaffle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #16
ken0261

THE Sk1N WaLKER's Gamercard
Cant wait for the next one!
ken0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #17
iamtim

Epic Lama 020's Gamercard
Thumbs up Awesome.

I haven't played the original, but Arkham City is one hell of a good game.
Its free roam and has loads of side missions and collectables.
One of my favourite games of all time.
iamtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #18
EverStoned77

everstoned77's Gamercard
Definitely,I love both of them & IMO it's hard to pick a favorite of these 2 simply because they have each own awesome stuff but twist my arm & I think it's a small win for Arkham City but if you are going for achievements then don't rush it cause some of the side missions can be missed by rushing & once you've miss them you can't go back & get them unless they are on the map,have heard others who have had this problem & I to had a little problem with getting one of the side missions to start & then I had to start the game all over to get but must admit I didn't really mind since it's such an awesome game,besides 1 ordinary & 8 of the DLC achievements for arkham city I have them all also in arkham asylum I'm only missing one,would have gotten them long time ago if haven't borrowed them both to my brother LOL
EverStoned77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
Dae1373

Dae1373's Gamercard
Everyone I know says that Arkham City is 10 times better than Asylum, and I have to agree. They improved on everything in this game to make it so much better. I completed Arkham Asylum 3 times, so I didn't know at first whether this game was going to feel the same and whether I would get bored, but oh no. Everything in this game was improved upon perfectly. This was an absolute perfect sequel. Completed it twice and enjoyed it even more on my second play through. If they bring out Arkham 3, whatever it may be called, it will be a MUST buy before anything else. This is one of the best games I've ever played.
Dae1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
freaks

K6feetdeephole's Gamercard
i hope you got it by then

LET'S PARTY
freaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #21
Kyoujin

kyoujiin's Gamercard
( Only posting this because it does not break my NDA contract. Haha. Just please do not message me asking for "omgz secretz game infos", lol. ;] )

Lemme put it this way.

I worked on Arkham City for just over a year back in development. I played and worked on the game 5-6 days out of the week. Half of the time I was contracted on the project, I was doing 50-70 hour weeks non-stop. I cannot tell you how many times I've beaten the game. Hell, I still remember every line of dialogue, and I haven't played the game in a year, LOL.

But you know, despite the countless hours and working on it for so long.. I never got frustrated with the game, and I never got incredibly bored of it. I've worked on various other little games and projects, and they tend to get boring within months, yet I never went insane even after a year of playing nothing but this game (I will admit that this is the biggest title I've worked on though, the rest of my credits are just kinda "eh whatever", lol.)

Also, ironically enough, I had never played Arkham Asylum, not until after working on AC for probably 3 months or so. That, and I've never even been a big fan of superheros and etc, and although I always thought Batman and some other heroes were cool, it just.. was never my thing. Yet I felt both games were incredible, and I'd say both fall into my top 10-20 games that've been released over the past 3-4 years.

Both RS and WB put so much care and love into this game. Hell, I put my own love into the game, I wanted it to be game of the decade! Haha. We worked around the clock, and I'm not joking when I say we often were doing 50-70 hour weeks. You'd be surprised at how much we went out of the way to polish even the tiniest of details. And we were all incredibly happy with how it came out and the reception it got (like seriously, wow).

Rambling aside, there you have it. It has an great story, addictive gameplay (I've always loved the combat in the game and have never gotten tired of it, and I especially love that aspect more than the first Arkham), plenty of side quests and fun achievements. Not only that, you have a guy who worked on the game personally endorsing it to you! LOL. xD And no, I do not get any money from sales (plus I work at a different company at the moment), rofl. XD So I'm not just saying this so I can get muu-lah. Haha.

In all seriousness, I highly doubt you will be disappointed. I'm not just posting this for you, but for anyone who hasn't played it yet. Even if you aren't a fan of heroes and all that type of stuff like me, I seriously think everyone who likes action and good gameplay should give it a chance regardless.

(Just make sure to come back and say what you thought of it!)

(Haven't updated my completion list in awhile, will do so soon!)

100% Retail: Alone in the Dark, Avatar, Call of Duty 4, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fallout 3 (1200), Halo 3 (1475), Left 4 Dead, Lost: Via Domus, NFS: Most Wanted, Quantum of Solace, Resident Evil 5, Sonic's UGC, Test Drive: Unlimited

100% Arcade: Duke Nukem 3D, Penny Arcade Episode 1, Penny Arcade Episode 2, Shadow Assault/Tenchu, The Maw

Kyoujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contract…

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Sí, you should definitely buy this game.

"My Sun...is setting... It's dark.....so dark."

Cpt Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #23
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthelion32 View Post
Hi was just wondering if arkham city is like the original and worth buying
You can tell its a screaming good game when everybody agrees to get it. everything you liked about AA you will enjoy AC so much more.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
Elite Orion

Elite Orion's Gamercard
get it. One of the best games i played in a long time
Elite Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #25
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
City is INFINITELY superior to Asylum. I found Asylum to be insanely overrated. City is one of the best video games I've ever played in my life.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #26
Maximum Sawfish

maximum sawfish's Gamercard
I'm defo buying this soon not heard many bad things said about it really
I heard killer crocs apperance is disapponting i love reptilians
Maximum Sawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #27
MisterEZE

MisterEZE's Gamercard
dont not buy this game xD
MisterEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #28
Allonsy

minidashpebbles's Gamercard
Most definitely. I found myself more into City than Asylum. Better side missions, I think.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #29
Bonkekook

Bonkekook's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Apparently, I'm the only one who thinks City was a step back. I jumped straight from Asylum into City and am severely disappointed. After Asylum, I was looking forward to the new one that's releasing this Fall but now...I just felt like this game was more of a chore instead of a game. The city feels like an obstacle to get somewhere rather than a necessary set. It was initially fun to grapple and glide across places, but eventually I was dreading the "quest icon" popping up across the map. The core of the good game is still there but I just felt like it was needlessly complicated this game. There are too many little things in combat(camera), exploration(grapple latching to the wrong ledge, Batman jumping and hitting something that shouldn't have a hitbox there) and with the riddler trophies(I found a trophy that you must dive bomb to get and I always end up one arrow short of opening it, but I looked online and I'm doing it exactly the same way others are) that kept popping me out of immersion.

EDIT: Per recommendation, I exited the game and popped back in and was able to get the trophy. But still...I shouldn't have to exit the game in order for things to work right. :/

The combat is still fun when it works, the stealthing is still a good time and its still fun seeing the Batman characters created in today's graphics. If you liked Asylum, sure, give it a try, but don't be surprised if you end up like me and wondering what happened. Its still a decent enough game, just not up to the level of hype I was hearing.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #30
Falore

Salty Grave's Gamercard
While it's not as open as Arkham City, it's not a big deal. Just exploring the prison and it's unique settings is engrossing enough to deeply enjoy.
Falore is offline   Reply With Quote