PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which did you like better? Batman Arkham Asylum or Batman Arkham City?
Arkham Asylum 66 38.82%
Arkham City 104 61.18%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Arkham City or Arkham Asylum

Which did you guys like better? I just got finished beating both within the past 2 months.

Honestly I have to say I liked Arkham Asylum better. I felt that the music was a lot better and it was better developed. The Asylum was creepy and I just enjoyed seeing the sights of a creepy old abandoned asylum.

I felt that Arkham City tried to do too much. I hated having to always cross the whole map to do one small achievement only to be sent back to the other side. I am also not wasting my time looking for 40000 riddler trohpies!!

I am not hating on AC (I really did enjoy it though). I thought that the challenge maps were crazy easy compared to AA but that the Predator challenges were 10x harder on AC that AA.

I wish Arkham City was a longer game though. Def liked how Joker was in both.

I had such high expectations for Arkham City because Asylum was just crazy awesome. I think they tried to do too much and just lost focus....but thats just me.

How do you guys think?
JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I Liked Arkham Asylum better than Arkham City. Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Ivy were some of the best Batman moments for me. I agree with your point about AC trying to do too much to make a great game. I just felt like AC was to repetitive.

The thing I like about AC better is the combat challenges. I found them much more fun in AC than AA

Both were great games, but I'm gonna side with Arkham Asylum with this.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
catbhoy

catbhoy's Gamercard
AA for me buy a big margin, the scarecrow was fantastic, I found AC repetitive at times.
catbhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
I mean villain wise, both games were really good at having different villains (big roles and small roles)

I did enjoy seeing Two Face and Penguin in AC. Two Face had a really small part compared to what I would think he should have. Loved that Freeze was in it.

Scarecrow was cool in AA....beating him wasn't too hard but I hated the video sequence once he did see you. Man that got annoying!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

I think they could have capitalized more on the Mr.Freeze battle. It was a little weak for a great villain.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMP View Post
I think they could have capitalized more on the Mr.Freeze battle. It was a little weak for a great villain.
I agree with you completely. It should have been harder and longer. I mean I did enjoy the fact that you had to use all your weapons to beat him and that he got smarter as you hit him more, but I was expecting something harder from him.

Especially since you knew that eventually you would fight him from the beginning you would have thought this would have been a huuuge fight.

Could have been cool if he had his own goons that threw ice grenades and shot you. Maybe paralyzed your arm for a second or something
Old 02-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I really liked AA...great graphics and storyline. But even though I've had AC since it came out, I have yet to play it. I'm hoping it'll be just as good as AA.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
SpyTip

Smooth Wrecker's Gamercard
Arkham Asylum by a mile. Arkham city way to repetitive. All the combat challenges in AA was much harder because you were timed. Predators on both were about the same for me. AA had the better villains as well as a better story line although AC did start off great having to free yourself from captive. ***Just to add one thing Mr Freeze isn't a villain he is just doing what he does out of love to save his wife. His intentions is good but wrong approach about doing it. Misguided IMO
Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

If you were smart, you would switch between the story, the side missions, the riddles and trophies, and the challenges.

Variety = more love. Beating one thing at a time then moving onto the next thing? Means you like it less.

Your fault, basically.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsGoMOO View Post
If you were smart, you would switch between the story, the side missions, the riddles and trophies, and the challenges.

Variety = more love. Beating one thing at a time then moving onto the next thing? Means you like it less.

Your fault, basically.

I dont see anywhere in the posts where anyone said they played each thing exclusively before moving on...

Your fault, basically for assuming

I did switch between playing the game/ challenges. Whenever I would unlock a Predator or Challenge map I would stop the game and then play it. That would be variety to me...

I guess I wasn't smart enough to explain myself
Old 02-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #11
stevebaker28

stevebaker28's Gamercard
Got to be honest. Arkham Asylum was awesome and for me Arkham City just isn't. I couldn't stop playing AA but I really can't be bothered to carry on with this one. I wanted it to blow my mind but it just doesn't. I'm going to continue after I've taken a break to play something else and maybe I'll like it more when I return but at the moment it just doesn't come close to AA.
stevebaker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #12
LoIQ

LoIQ's Gamercard
Didn't wanna start a new thread, but wanted to ask everyone's opinion on AA vs AC as far as combat challenges go. I haven't played AA for 2 years & only thing I didn't do were the combat challenges. I had a lot of fun doing them in AC so I was thinking of going back & mopping up the few achievements I have left for AA. AC challenges became very simple using the evade technique. Are they that much harder in AA? I'd just pop the game in to find out myself, but I've switched xboxes since then so I don't have my save game anymore.... so I'd have to play through the whole game to unlock everything again. I don't necessarily want to go thru that level of commitment if the challenges are frustratingly harder.
LoIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #13
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
AA was way better imo
Old 02-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #14
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoIQ View Post
Didn't wanna start a new thread, but wanted to ask everyone's opinion on AA vs AC as far as combat challenges go. I haven't played AA for 2 years & only thing I didn't do were the combat challenges. I had a lot of fun doing them in AC so I was thinking of going back & mopping up the few achievements I have left for AA. AC challenges became very simple using the evade technique. Are they that much harder in AA? I'd just pop the game in to find out myself, but I've switched xboxes since then so I don't have my save game anymore.... so I'd have to play through the whole game to unlock everything again. I don't necessarily want to go thru that level of commitment if the challenges are frustratingly harder.
I'd say the Combat challenges were twice as easy compared to Batman: Arkham Asylum. However, as someone previously stated, the Predator challenges are a bit tougher.
Latest arcade completion: Dust: An Elysian Tail
Currently Ranked #1 on Achievement Completion Percentage Leaderboard on TA

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
Rambo Forever

RAMB0 F0REVER's Gamercard
They are both great games and have great stories,but I think Arkham City was shorter than Arkham Asylum

I just felt like I had gone through Arkham City a little faster than I remember going through Arkham Asylum for some reason

I was also hoping that Arkham City's DLC would be better,maybe some story add-ons or some side stories for Batman and/or Robin,but I don't think that's gonna happen
Rambo Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo Forever View Post
They are both great games and have great stories,but I think Arkham City was shorter than Arkham Asylum

I just felt like I had gone through Arkham City a little faster than I remember going through Arkham Asylum for some reason

I was also hoping that Arkham City's DLC would be better,maybe some story add-ons or some side stories for Batman and/or Robin,but I don't think that's gonna happen
Yea I was too. I got the Catwoman DLC but I am not going to get Nightwing or Robin. It would be cool to play as Robin in the Challenge and Predator but that fact alone doesnt make me want to pay the extra money to just do the same maps I had already done with Catwoman and Batman.

Would have been cool if they could have made some small side missions like they did for Catwoman for Robin and Nightwing. They could have expanded Robin's DLC to coincide when he actually 'shows' up in the game. (I quoted the shows part because Robin is barely...BARELY even in the damn game)
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #17
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
Arkham Asylum by a mile. I'm still playing City, despite having since launch. I just don't ever enjoy it when I put it on. I find travelling around the open world just such a chore, and I struggle to want to play the game (The Calendar Man achievement assures that I at least put it on once a month!!). Asylum was just sublime from start to finish. City sadly isn't, but I will get to the end eventually.

wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
Aerobillybob

Adam130298's Gamercard
I like them both but it's Arkham Asylum for me. I would put a poll in this thread.
Aerobillybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobillybob View Post
I would put a poll in this thread.
Done! Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #20
Oceans4Ransom

Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
While I do not have Arkham City yet, Batman Arkham Asylum was amazing. I couldn't imagine what more they would do with Arkham City, but they did so many great things in that game. My friend played and beat both recently and he has no words for them other than just breathtakingly amazing. He did prefer Arkham City just because of the newness factor... which is kinda pointless as both are just superduper fantastic.
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
KickedSpoon

KickedSpoon's Gamercard
Glad im not the only one who liked AA more. With AC I just felt like I was going through the motions. The Asylum looked so cool but Arkham City? It was just a bland city with no great environments. And so much was going on. I mean I loved AC but AA had that "ive never experienced this before" feel to it.
KickedSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #22
Takamura Bear

Arkham City by a large margin. It was a bigger and better game than AA IMO.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #23
harmony

x Harmy's Gamercard
I liked Arkham Asylum much better
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #24
D.A.N.

pZ Uncanny Doom's Gamercard
Arkham City is better in every way. The only thing I really even miss from Arkham Asylum is the Scarecrow and Poison Ivy stuff.

D.A.N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
gundamcreed7

Assassiness7's Gamercard
just finished AA and by looking at this thread it looks like AA is better then AC is it worth getting?
gundamcreed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcreed7 View Post
just finished AA and by looking at this thread it looks like AA is better then AC is it worth getting?
Yea I would recommend AC. I liked Asylum better but I mean AC was still one of the best and most fun games I have played
Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #27
Kryxx

Kryxx 07's Gamercard
They're both great, but they really refined my favorite part, the combat, in Arkham City. AC all the way!
Kryxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #28
bigdave10000

bigdave10000's Gamercard
I enjoyed AC more. It might have to do with me playing AC before AA. The combat is much smoother.
bigdave10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #29
ArkamInmate0801

ArkamInmate0801's Gamercard
AC had the best boss fight out of both (Mr Freeze) even though the boss fights on average were weaker in AC than AA. I still gotta say tho i liked AC better cause i liked grappling and gliding around the city. I never get tired of jumping off buildings and gliding into a group of thugs on the street corner
ArkamInmate0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #30
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
They are both really good games but I think I like AC better. Both games have a great story but I think AC has a little more variety. Not to mention AC is a lot bigger and cruising around the city is really fun, whether you are a predator or a combat killer. I just wish the challenges wernt so repititive in both games.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote