PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Viva Pinata: Party Animals
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Panda

Send a message via Skype™ to Panda

Arctica Flames's Gamercard
A quick tip for those who are trying to get Megaton.

When I was going for this achievement - I used 4 controllers in a game but I only actually have 2 pads but like 4 guitars, drums etc.

Some of the items appear more frequently the lower your positions is in the race so, I went into local game - signed everyone in, chose characters and just left it till they went idle and the computer took over. Let all 3 computer characters go ahead about 1/4 to half way then press pause on all of them so that they're back in the game now, you will be in last place with all the time you need to get the items!

Just make sure to keep them from going idle again.

This tip is really just to help people who were in my situation with only 1-2 controllers but with lots of guitars etc.

Panda360x - Retired Gamertag at 133761G.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:09 AM   #2
Dr Smart Ace

Dr Smart Ace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
When I was going for this achievement - I used 4 controllers in a game but I only actually have 2 pads but like 4 guitars, drums etc.

Some of the items appear more frequently the lower your positions is in the race so, I went into local game - signed everyone in, chose characters and just left it till they went idle and the computer took over. Let all 3 computer characters go ahead about 1/4 to half way then press pause on all of them so that they're back in the game now, you will be in last place with all the time you need to get the items!

Just make sure to keep them from going idle again.

This tip is really just to help people who were in my situation with only 1-2 controllers but with lots of guitars etc.
Great idea! I've been trying to get the Popularity Contest achievement online, but I can never get 3 other people to choose "Elmer's Glue" with me. I guess I forgot that those can be used as controllers too in a situation like this. Thanks a "Megaton"!

Last edited by Dr Smart Ace; 08-20-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Dr Smart Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You could sign in all your controllers in an online game, alone. Move only one character ahead of you each time, otherwise the rocket randomly picks a target. After you're done with one, run ahead of him/her, and move the next one ahead of you. Rinse and repeat.

Saves the trouble of resetting idling controllers.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote