PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
TOO Taco Bob

Taco Bob's Gamercard
"Serious Co-op" Tip

Just a heads up, when going for this achievement you need to make sure to leave 'Extra Multiplayer Enemies' on. Unfortunately there is a glitch on Karnak where the final door will not open, unless this option is on. It took me 4 times to figure this out, and at an a minimum of 2 hours a piece you can imagine how pissed I was each time the door didn't open.

Couple other suggestions.
- Turn on infinite ammo
- Make sure to get the rocket on the first level
- Get the cannon on Metropolis
- Don't bother killing enemies, unless you absolutely have to
- Use the rocket jump to get out of levels and bypass other annoying situations.

Completed XBLA: 154 out of 184
Completed Retail: 140 out of 157
Gamerscore Completion: 98.18%
TOO Taco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Yeah, me and Taco Bob were both doing co-op together and we wasted countless hours on it before we found out that this was a known bug from the PC version of Serious Sam that found its way into this version of the game as well. Glad to finally be done with this! Use those tips and you should get the achievement in roughly 2 hrs.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO Taco Bob View Post
Just a heads up, when going for this achievement you need to make sure to leave 'Extra Multiplayer Enemies' on. Unfortunately there is a glitch on Karnak where the final door will not open, unless this option is on. It took me 4 times to figure this out, and at an a minimum of 2 hours a piece you can imagine how pissed I was each time the door didn't open.

Couple other suggestions.
- Turn on infinite ammo
- Make sure to get the rocket on the first level
- Get the cannon on Metropolis
- Don't bother killing enemies, unless you absolutely have to
- Use the rocket jump to get out of levels and bypass other annoying situations.
lol this same thing just happened to me we just rocket jumped out of the final area and killed the glitched guy
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
TOO Taco Bob

Taco Bob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GILLHUHN View Post
lol this same thing just happened to me we just rocket jumped out of the final area and killed the glitched guy
Then I don't believe it was the same situation. The glitch doesn't have to do with someone stuck outside of the arena. It just doesn't open period. We rocket jumped out of the final area and looked for at least an hour and didn't find a single person. If you don't have 'extra multiplayer enemies' on, that door will not open. Period.

Completed XBLA: 154 out of 184
Completed Retail: 140 out of 157
Gamerscore Completion: 98.18%
TOO Taco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
ha taco bob you right in front of me in single player leaderboards ! anyways lol i have another glitch to report:

On Dunes, you MUST kill all the enemies in the last place where you get the laser gun. if you go into the door with a couple enemies alive, you risk freezing.

This happened to me twice, could be coincidence, but just a heads up.

Do you have to beat it all in one sitting or can it be done in parts,? I think i asked this b4 but i didn't see an answer...

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:41 AM   #6
Wolfgg

Wolfgame's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
ha taco bob you right in front of me in single player leaderboards ! anyways lol i have another glitch to report:

On Dunes, you MUST kill all the enemies in the last place where you get the laser gun. if you go into the door with a couple enemies alive, you risk freezing.

This happened to me twice, could be coincidence, but just a heads up.

Do you have to beat it all in one sitting or can it be done in parts,? I think i asked this b4 but i didn't see an answer...
has to be in one sitting, if it freezes you have to start over from the beginning.
Wolfgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #7
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgg View Post
has to be in one sitting, if it freezes you have to start over from the beginning.
sounds like it is going to be a great time :/

Old 01-17-2010, 04:27 AM   #8
C dot Wizzle

Send a message via AIM to C dot Wizzle

C dot Wizzle's Gamercard
Quote:
sounds like it is going to be a great time :/
I just helped somebody run through it in just under two hours. Doesn't take quite as long if you know how to get out of the maps. Add me if you need help.

C dot Wizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:07 AM   #9
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO Taco Bob View Post
Then I don't believe it was the same situation. The glitch doesn't have to do with someone stuck outside of the arena. It just doesn't open period. We rocket jumped out of the final area and looked for at least an hour and didn't find a single person. If you don't have 'extra multiplayer enemies' on, that door will not open. Period.
Oh you were talking about karnak i was talking about metropolis so i guess chalk up yet another coop glitch then
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by C dot Wizzle View Post
I just helped somebody run through it in just under two hours. Doesn't take quite as long if you know how to get out of the maps. Add me if you need help.
Yeah I ran through it last night and got to Karnak, and realized that for some reason, extra enemies were not on, even though i could have swore they were...So no achievement.

If you have the time to run through it again add me, x1001x Puppys. I will just follow you out of the maps lol

Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Well C Wizzle and I have something new to report...Don't try to get out of the Great Pyramid opening battle. We got out of the map and landed in the area where the boss spawned, but he never gained a health bar. The ship also never spawned, so we ended up in the final arena with an invincible boss and no ship to kill him with! We are going to have to start from the beginning.

just a heads up.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:17 AM   #12
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
Well C Wizzle and I have something new to report...Don't try to get out of the Great Pyramid opening battle. We got out of the map and landed in the area where the boss spawned, but he never gained a health bar. The ship also never spawned, so we ended up in the final arena with an invincible boss and no ship to kill him with! We are going to have to start from the beginning.

just a heads up.
Haha too late for me, when I got there on my single player Serious run I tried that, spent quite a while getting to the pyramid itself only to find an invincible boss waiting for me inside.
Bad times were had by all.

Thankfull my 10th quick save was at the beginning of the level, since the game seems to let you keep 10 quicksaves at a time.
BanditBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:09 AM   #13
folnevar

folnevar's Gamercard
1001puppys / C dot - Do you have a list of which areas in the game you can skip via rocket jump, and not get glitched (like the invincible final boss.)

I've only played this once all the way through. Getting ready to start a Serious run (or the coop 400% cheevo) and was trying to save myself a little grief (and cursing!)

folnevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
Mercenary47

Send a message via AIM to Mercenary47

Ceaseless Mania's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by folnevar View Post
1001puppys / C dot - Do you have a list of which areas in the game you can skip via rocket jump, and not get glitched (like the invincible final boss.)

I've only played this once all the way through. Getting ready to start a Serious run (or the coop 400% cheevo) and was trying to save myself a little grief (and cursing!)

This game really isn't that bad since you can enable unlimited spawning and infinite ammo. It takes a bit long though since the enemies' health are quadrupled, and you will get stuck in certain areas since there's no possible way to get past them without sticking it out in an arena or two. Just keep using rockets and try to bulldoze through the levels as quickly as possible.

If you want to know shortcuts and tips through each level, I found these speed runs of people going through the game in less than an hour. They don't really use rocket jumping shortcuts, but really more advanced techniques of passing levels, such as enemy hopping and cannon boosting.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamFE.html
Mercenary47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
CutmanMike

Send a message via AIM to CutmanMike

cutmanmike's Gamercard
Do you have to do this in a single run or can you take breaks? (i.e start the task up to a certain level, then start a server from that level with the same settings) I'm up for doing this legit with my pal, but not if you have to do it in a single day (unless I can find 2 other people)
Old 01-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #16
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Has to be done in one playthrough, but it really won't take that long, because as it has been stated, you can skip most of every level with the exception of Dunes and Great Pyramid.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #17
CalenderDude

CalenderCat's Gamercard
I have a question.

Do I have to have the same person with me for the whole game or can people leave and join throughout?

So if I start a game with a person and he/she leaves on lets say level 5 can someone else join and I keep going? Like when the person leaves can I just kind of sit there and wait for someone else before I finish the level and go on to level 6?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #18
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalenderDude View Post
I have a question.

Do I have to have the same person with me for the whole game or can people leave and join throughout?

So if I start a game with a person and he/she leaves on lets say level 5 can someone else join and I keep going? Like when the person leaves can I just kind of sit there and wait for someone else before I finish the level and go on to level 6?
People have said that this works, as long as you finish the entire last level with someone, now I do not believe that someone has to finish each level with you, but I can't confirm it and would hate if you tried it and it didn't work...

Old 01-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #19
Dr0kz

dr0kz's Gamercard
Apparantly you can even totally do it alone, as long as you select Co-Op in the menu and beat that

Dr0kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:49 AM   #20
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

no you cannot do it alone, A friend of mine set the server to private and beat the entire game himself and didn't get it...

Old 03-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #21
pinata242

pinata242's Gamercard
This game supports 4-player co-op, right? Is there any reason why I couldn't get a larger group together to run through this? Do the number of enemies scale to the number of players?
pinata242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:31 AM   #22
Rebmob

Send a message via AIM to Rebmob Send a message via MSN to Rebmob Send a message via Skype™ to Rebmob

Rebmob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
One word, cannon. When you get it, don't stop spamming it. It wasn't too hard, but once everyone picked up a cannon half-way through the game it was a cake walk.

Oh, also this might help some of you:
Also, YOU MUST TURN ON 'EXTRA MULTIPLAYER ENEMIES'. Unfortunately there is a glitch on one of the later levels, Karnak, in which the final door will not open unless you have this option turned on (ie. you can't finish the game unless this is turned on).

Source:
http://www.trueachievements.com/a414...m?showguides=1

I just got mine this morning, GL everyone!

Want a signature? Click my signature below to visit my gallery and post what you would like me to create.

100% Completions:
(Retail:26) > (Arcade:15)
Rebmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #23
CrazyStu4

CrazyStu4's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalenderDude View Post
I have a question.

You MUST complete the final level, The Great Pyramid, with another player. If you complete the final level on your own, you won't get the achievement. I found that out the hard way.

You can complete the other levels by yourself if you wish, but the final one MUST be done with another player. I also believe that you still won't get the achievement if another player joins DURING the final level, so make sure you START AND FINISH the Great Pyramid with another player.
CrazyStu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #24
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Quote:

just a heads up.
On my Serious run I had the same issue, but I found a solution: you can double rocket jump up to the walls in the first zone, where the skeletons would spawn. Then fall off on the other side and make sure you go first to the door which you would exit from. This will trigger the boss, the UFO and the lots of monsters between you and the pyramid. The boss will also get a health bar, too.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote