Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
MTMag06

MTMag06's Gamercard
Boosting Tips for Multiplayer

This method helps to simplify boosting small/large team wins with one other player when going for "All Purpose Warrior". This method will not work for "Gamesman". This method was only tested with one other person on player matches, however you can boost this and most of the online with one other person. This was not tested on ranked as ranked matches do not assign teams until the match is about to start.

To boost team wins, one player can quit out to give the win to the other person, however the person who quits cannot be the host. The easy way around this is the person who will be getting the win (the host) needs to be the one who searches for a match first. Then the person who will be quitting (the person losing) needs to wait a second or two before searching. The host will always be on the Wolf Pack (blue) team. Repeat nine more times and swap.

This method is untested for groups larger than 2.

EDIT: Ranked Matches give host to the player who searches first however the team assignment is random, so in ranked matches ignore the team you are assigned.

As for the "Gamesman" achievement, you must finish the game by either running the clock out or one team/person winning. You do not need to win any of these just play it to completion and they can all be done in private matches with one other person. Simply start a private match, set the time limit to 5 mins and score to win to the minimum and cycle through the 5 game types (I did not include Co-op as there are plenty of other times you will be playing Co-op.), and either have one team run through winning as fast as possible or letting the clock run down. A side note, you must play all rounds of the game type i.e. Assault Capture the flag, if someone quits early it will not count.

Hope this helps, and good luck avoiding randoms, there are still about 10-20 people playing this game online at the time of this post.

Thanks to DudeWithTheFace for helping me figure this out and testing our theories.

Those who live in Hell, burn in Heaven.

Last edited by MTMag06; 01-19-2010 at 06:02 AM.
MTMag06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
the_wizard_666

Tervaskanto's Gamercard
Ah, but you can always go on ranked matches and kill the other person 100 times (10 per match) in small, then 100 in large, and then you're 200 kills closer to the 500 ranked kills. But a good strategy if this is the last achievement you need online. Wouldn't work for co-op though, which is probably the worst of the 3 requirements.

the_wizard_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 AM   #3
MTMag06

MTMag06's Gamercard
The Co-op is very easy with 3 people who know what they are doing. Just takes a little practice is all. The 500 kills are easy to boost on CTF maps, can get about 100 per 20 min. match.

Those who live in Hell, burn in Heaven.
MTMag06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
the_wizard_666

Tervaskanto's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTMag06 View Post
The Co-op is very easy with 3 people who know what they are doing. Just takes a little practice is all. The 500 kills are easy to boost on CTF maps, can get about 100 per 20 min. match.
I wouldn't say the co-op is EASY, although when you've played each of them a few times, it does get infinitely easier. #2 is pretty easy, and can be done with 2 players if they're both good. #1 and #3 both need a full party, as they can get pretty hectic, but they're easier when you know what to expect. Still, there're still times when a team of 4 will fail out after doing the map dozens of times, as a bit of chance is there too.

the_wizard_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
JonnyFiveOnLive

JonnyFiveOnLive's Gamercard
All three Co-op maps are very easily beaten with just two people. If you are trying to get these dont let the 'wizard' discourage you and have you waste time trying to find 4 people to boost these with which is almost impossible to do at this point.... Map 1/3 are also very possible with just 1 person. Sorry i just went off on a rant after reading the last post but i have done most of them by myself and i'm terrible at Turok.
JonnyFiveOnLive is offline   Reply With Quote