Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Party > 1 vs 100
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
Lucan B

Lucan B's Gamercard
Why wasn't I the one?

So I've been playing this quite a lot (on live nights) and I've won an arcade game for being top 3 in the crowd, although I'm still waiting for MS to e-mail me my code for it.

I got into the mob once and got the last question wrong that the one got wrong.

So from what I've read I can't win a game as a crowd member til next season and I can't be in the mob again cos I got a question wrong.

So anyway, I was playing tonight and I was the top player, number one by 20 points. So the next round comes up and the guy who was third best player prvious round (2 behind me) gets to be the one.

I know that they pick the one and the mob based on previous round, previous week or season score. I can't be in the mob again but seeing as I was the best player in the previous round and the one in the following round was the number three from the previous round why wasn'it me? The one and the mob were obviously chosen from the previous rounds play and as the top scorer out of 8000 people it should have been me.

Can anyone shed any light on this. Is it worth me still playing this season and trying for the one?

Incidentally I've been top 100 24 times and top ten 7 times and the number 1 player once. I got into the mob the first time I got top ten.

If anyone can shed light, share experiences I'd be much obliged.

Thanks in advance mis amigos
Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
First of all you can be in the mob more then once a season. You can only be in the mob once a night and getting a question wrong in the mob has nothing to do with anything.

If you are only playing on Live nights, you will never be the one. The one is based off the weeks scores. Thats for ever round played including Extended play sessions. Also it only improves your odds. I don't know what the exact percentage or numbers are, but will use this as an example. If 1000 people played ever round during a week, they may take the top 10% and pick from them. That would be 100 people. 1 in a 100 chance you would be pick to be the One or 1%. The odds are not good by any means to ever be the one.

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
OneSweetShannon

OneSweetShannon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The one is chosen by rotating criteria - previous round score, previous week score, season score. The person who was 3rd in your round may have had one of the highest weekly or season scores. Even though it looks likely the person was chosen based on previous round, that was not necessarily the case.

Retail 100% - 29 * Arcade 100% - 12

Goals for 2011
55K by Christmas
80% Completion
Finish original 1000 in GTA IV
Finish Luxor 2
Finish Gears of War 2
OneSweetShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
XDR4GON HE4RTX

it may be random..saying out of the top 3 or the top ten it picks the 1 randomly
XDR4GON HE4RTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
Griever

Justin and Jade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertDog View Post
If you are only playing on Live nights, you will never be the one. The one is based off the weeks scores.
Actually, I only ever play on the live nights, and I became the one after getting first in the crowd. It rotates through seasonal, weekly, and previous round scores. I happened to be on the lucky part of the rotation.
Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
I wanted to be the one so much.

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote