Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2010, 02:52 AM   #31
RenovatioCogito

RenovatioCogito's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I upgraded all my weapons using in-level ammo crates and the achievement unlocked for me no problem. Definitely stay away from using the loading screen upgrade option as it seems even if you upgrade one of your guns this way the achievement might glitch.

I think this might have been mentioned already but the developer has confirmed they are working on a fix for the glitch so if yours glitched your best bet is to wait for the title update. Hopefully this comes with the DLC they just announced.

100% (inc. DLC) 38
Alone in the Dark, Assassins Creed, Avatar, Big Game Hunter, Bourne Conspiracy, Bully,
COD 2/3/4, Dante's Inferno, Dark Void, Dash of Destruction, DiRT, Eat Lead, Frontlines, Halo 3,
Jericho, Jumper, King Kong, Kingdom for Keflings, LOST, LOTR: Conquest, Mini Ninjas,
Mercenaries 2, MLB 2K6, Monkey Island 1/2, NFS: Most Wanted/Undercover, Oblivion, SAW,
Star Wars: TFU, Timeshift, Terminator, UNO, WANTED
RenovatioCogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #32
demon legato

demon legato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
gay most of mine was upgraded from loading screens lol, at least they are going to patch it though. I want my 1000 lol
demon legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #33
Deadly

Yup, confirming that mines unlocked perfect, i upgraded all Weapons in IN GAME lockers, and every time i had money for an upgrade i bought it, NOT all at one time.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #34
The Ultrafiend

Send a message via MSN to The Ultrafiend

The Ultrafiend's Gamercard
This seems to be another entirely random glitch. I bought at least 70% of my upgrades through the loading screen lockers and still got the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokely View Post
Stop whining about a little boy dying and just play the game. If you were actually good at it you would not die.
The Ultrafiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #35
ThreeFlushDump

ThreeFlushDump's Gamercard
Damn it. Same here. SOOOOOO frustrating.

Cleared the cache. Re-beat the game. Nothing. Damn it.

Any solutions yet?

Last edited by ThreeFlushDump; 02-14-2010 at 04:24 AM.
ThreeFlushDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #36
ianke_2002

PhonySpoon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
just so you know renovatiocogito (sp?) i am starting up this game for the first time following your way of getting grease monkey......i will update when i finish if it unlocks.

Last edited by ianke_2002; 02-14-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: missplled name
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:43 AM   #37
TonySki

Send a message via AIM to TonySki

TonySki's Gamercard
I got the achievement no problem but hearing all the horror stories i decided to use my 2 weapons till I had enough points to upgrade the rest. I needed lv 2 and 3 for the tesla gun, and lv 3 for all the alien weapons. it came to 58500 and so i saved up that much. Once i got that amount I beat the level where the Ark starts to move and on the invintory screen I upgraded all the rest of the weapons. after the last one was done the achievement popped.

another game 1Kd'

EDIT: I just remembered this part, I upgraded the jetpack in the box thing but all the rest were done between levels.

Last edited by TonySki; 02-15-2010 at 10:18 AM.
TonySki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #38
retroboy

SuperDuperLiam's Gamercard
I am about to start the game tonight and I have a golden jetpack code. Could this affect anything?

Also what do people recommend I do? Get to the farming level early in the game, rinse and repeat that until I had the credits and than unlock everything in the next in game locker?

Can I do that or do certain weapons only unlock later in the game?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #39
The Horror

Ok, so theres been an update and i played and completed another level, and the achievement didnt pop up so they obviously havent patched it correctly. Capcom are fucking shite and im never buying any of their sub standard crappy games again. Tantrum over

Last edited by The Horror; 02-15-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: mispelling
The Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #40
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
simple dont buy any dlc till they fix whats broke.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #41
Val

Protocol 16's Gamercard
Well, after reading about this achievement, seems some folks have lucked out and got this achievement through the pre-level upgrade screen, and some through the in-game weapons locker. I managed to get it by doing my last upgrade with the locker. I also did upgrades through both the upgrade screen and locker,so i don't know if that affects the achievement in the long run. Best thing to do is get the last one with the box. Let's hope Capcom fixes this. As for Fireworks, just keep working on it, i got it about after 20 or so enemies in The revolt right at the start.
Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #42
The Ultrafiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horror View Post
Ok, so theres been an update and i played and completed another level, and the achievement didnt pop up so they obviously havent patched it correctly. Capcom are fucking shite and im never buying any of their sub standard crappy games again. Tantrum over
Don't hold your breath waiting for Capcom to do anything about it, they only PUBLISHED the game.

Airtight Games developed Dark Void as their very first project. They're a quarter made up from FASA who did pretty much all of the Mechwarrior titles, that wicked Crimson Skies game for Xbox and that piece of shit Shadowrun. FASA closed shop halfway through 2007 and I guess all their good programmers ran off to Japan.

Basically, you're waiting on a bunch of schoolkids to fix their science fair exhibit. DV is selling like a shit sandwich so good luck getting Capcom to pressure them into it.

Quote:
Stop whining about a little boy dying and just play the game. If you were actually good at it you would not die.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #43
Com_Raven

Com Raven's Gamercard

If you have no clue...

The people at Airtight had nothing to do with that fantastic FPS Shadowrun, as they left much earlier.

They used to be ironworks, then MS bought them and integrated them into FASA. After Crimson Skies 2 did not get greenlighted by MS, they decided to split and form Airtight- long before SR was released, or even decided upon in its final incarnation as a Live Anywhere MP-only game.

And of course it is up to Capcom, as they are the publisher- and it is the publisher who decides about patches, as they pay Airtight for them (or not).
Com_Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #44
The Ultrafiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com_Raven View Post
If you have no clue...

The people at Airtight had nothing to do with that fantastic FPS Shadowrun, as they left much earlier.

They used to be ironworks, then MS bought them and integrated them into FASA. After Crimson Skies 2 did not get greenlighted by MS, they decided to split and form Airtight- long before SR was released, or even decided upon in its final incarnation as a Live Anywhere MP-only game.

And of course it is up to Capcom, as they are the publisher- and it is the publisher who decides about patches, as they pay Airtight for them (or not).
I was being facetious.

Ironworks who? Slipgate Ironworks, John Romero's company? Where do you get this stuff from? MS bought out VWEG in '98/99 to get their hands on the developers at FASA who VWEG had already merged with. MS then got rid of every other department at VWEG except their game development team so they could make games exclusively for Windows and the original Xbox.

Although I didn't want to insinuate Airtight had anything to do with Shadowrun, that was bad phrasing on my part. They're still a shitty company though. Worth noting their Technical Director got shipped in off the back of a few shitty Midway sports titles and had nothing to do with CS.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #45
Com_Raven

Com Raven's Gamercard

The team that was doing CS was originally called (I think, not 100% sure on the name) Ironworks, and was not originally part of FASA. They became part of FASA, finsihed CS, then most of them left when MS did not want to do CS2, although some stayed, like CS designer David Abzug, who became community manager for Shadowrun.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #46
The Ultrafiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com_Raven View Post
The team that was doing CS was originally called (I think, not 100% sure on the name) Ironworks, and was not originally part of FASA. They became part of FASA, finsihed CS, then most of them left when MS did not want to do CS2, although some stayed, like CS designer David Abzug, who became community manager for Shadowrun.
Nah, like I said, you're thinking of Virtual World or VWEG.

When Jordan Weisman founded them, VWEG started out making those BattleTech arcade gaming cockpits and opened around 25 centres full of them worldwide. There's still a hardcore following in Japan that have kept hold of four semi-working Tesla-II units.
Anyway, Weisman, who also owned FASA, opened up FASA interactive, initially to handle production of the Mechwarrior games. VWEG also had Crimson Skies out as a boardgame back then, after their original plan for the first Crimson Skies PC game got nixed.

When Microsoft jumped in and bought out FASA, Weisman also became their entertainment division's Creative Director. MS gave him the chance to start work on a new project and he chose to resurrect the Crimson Skies PC game. FASA were only involved in this creatively though, as development got outsourced to Zipper Interactive who worked in more or less the same offices. Off the back of that success, CS: High Road To Revenge was developed for the Xbox, this time by FASA.

God, I hurt my head trying to remember all that.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #47
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
Just glitched on me ffs! I reckon i mite have accidentally unlocked 2 upgrades between levels, the last 4-5 where def by using the box. Has anyone tried deleting all the saves/files if the hd and redoing it??? I was considering maybe redoing it on a different xbox, but modavation is low!
Molloy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #48
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molloy2006 View Post
Just glitched on me ffs! I reckon i mite have accidentally unlocked 2 upgrades between levels, the last 4-5 where def by using the box. Has anyone tried deleting all the saves/files if the hd and redoing it??? I was considering maybe redoing it on a different xbox, but modavation is low!
there save is linked to your gamertag. i wiped everything dark void related from my hdd and cleared my cache and tried to replay and still had everything. i dont know how to get past it. i made a thread about it also and no one else seems to know either.
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #49
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
can u actually buy a shit sandwich ?
Old 02-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #50
The Ultrafiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
can u actually buy a shit sandwich ?
I'll sell you one.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #51
ThreeFlushDump

ThreeFlushDump's Gamercard
Hmmmm.......SHIT SANDWICH.......AAAAHHHH.....

-ThreeFlushDump.
ThreeFlushDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #52
Com_Raven

Com Raven's Gamercard

Again Ultrafiend, I am not talking about PC Crimson Skies, which was done by Zipper of SOCOm and MAG fame; the guys that did Crimson Skies on the Xbox were not originally part of FASA, but were integrated later. After Crimson Skies on Xbox did not sell as MS had hoped, they never greenlighted Crimson 2 (or 3, counting the PC), at which point most of the team left and formed Airtight.

More importantly, has anybody heard any news regarding the DLC Cheevos or the patch?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #53
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
upgraded all my weapons at the start screen except 1 which i upgraded during the breaking camp level in a weapons locker, no achievement.

getting sick of these developers not patching games, they should be forced to do it or not allow them to make any more games for the 360 until they have done so imo.
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #54
Nightjar

Nightjar's Gamercard
The glitch also now has me too and I only upgraded at the in game boxes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:37 AM   #55
demi

+1 Glitch

Grinded in Breaking Camp, bought my last upgrade in a weapon box... and nothing
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #56
Nightjar

Nightjar's Gamercard
Did you upgrade your rocket pack?
Still not sure if its required but I have not done that yet, I dont know if its worth wasting my time trying
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #57
demi

Everything was Level 3
Old 03-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #58
Nightjar

Nightjar's Gamercard
Did you use all lockers or a mixture, Im just trying to assatain if its worth me wasting my time tonight upgrading the rocket pack in the hope of it working
Old 03-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #59
demi

Everything was done before the level I was grinding (Breaking Camp), and then when I hit 20k I upgraded the Magnitar in the weapon box nearby. Nothing.

Capcom is still promoting this game through their unity site, so there might be hope for some fixes...

If all you need is one more upgrade, there's not much you can do. Get the upgrade and hope it pops.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #60
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightjar View Post
Did you upgrade your rocket pack?
Still not sure if its required but I have not done that yet, I dont know if its worth wasting my time trying
yes, done all of them to level 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightjar View Post
Did you use all lockers or a mixture, Im just trying to assatain if its worth me wasting my time tonight upgrading the rocket pack in the hope of it working
i upgraded before each level except for the last weapon which i upgraded in a weapons locker on the breaking camp level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi View Post
Everything was done before the level I was grinding (Breaking Camp), and then when I hit 20k I upgraded the Magnitar in the weapon box nearby. Nothing.
exactly the way i did it.
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote