PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Jumper: Griffin's Story
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
FFSwhaley

FFSwhaley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quick Tutorial for Success

Alright the controls are pretty much horribly decent, if that makes any sense. The only problem I had was the camera positioning and the targeting system, but other than that once I learned when to hit certain buttons it was a piece of cake.

Here's a diagram:

Here's the advice:

In simple words, you just need to ignore everything except the circle. No matter what position or camera angle just watch the circle and compare the circle to the controller. X would be the left part of the circle, Y the upper part, B the right part, and A the bottom part.

When you fight the bosses you should use LB at the end of your combo. Make sure you end the combo with a X, Y, or B. I like the B+LB, but it's up to you. Also as soon as you finish the combo make sure you roll away, left or right, by holding RT and moving the direction you want. Just repeat during the boss battles and the boss will die eventually. On the final boss where he sends minions, as I like to call them, at you, just press LT to target the minions and kill them before killing the boss. Watch out while you fight the minions because he likes to shoot that rope at you. (Press A,B,X, or Y to escape the rope)
Working on: Black Ops and Fallout 3, slowly
CH 2k6 Guide

FFSwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
dave252

Now I understand it better.

This game really really blows.
dave252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
thehellbeast

deth incensed's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSwhaley View Post
In simple words, you just need to ignore everything except the circle. No matter what position or camera angle just watch the circle and compare the circle to the controller. X would be the left part of the circle, Y the upper part, B the right part, and A the bottom part.

When you fight the bosses you should use LB at the end of your combo. Make sure you end the combo with a X, Y, or B. I like the B+LB, but it's up to you. Also as soon as you finish the combo make sure you roll away, left or right, by holding RT and moving the direction you want. Just repeat during the boss battles and the boss will die eventually. On the final boss where he sends minions, as I like to call them, at you, just press LT to target the minions and kill them before killing the boss. Watch out while you fight the minions because he likes to shoot that rope at you. (Press A,B,X, or Y to escape the rope)
perfect explanation! this game is very easy once you understand this.
thehellbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
RK1 R33D

Send a message via AIM to RK1 R33D Send a message via MSN to RK1 R33D

rk1 r33d's Gamercard
The way I have figured out to make it easier on the bosses is this:

Position myself to where I am open for a double x or y when doing that it will give you a green area to hit. Double tap that button then do the same for the third green area. After this point roll away and restart.

I don't know how to explain it any easier than that, because the combat system is screwed up as it depends on the camera, where you're at and the enemy.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
x CHANDMAN x

x CHANDMAN x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK1 R33D View Post
The way I have figured out to make it easier on the bosses is this:

Position myself to where I am open for a double x or y when doing that it will give you a green area to hit. Double tap that button then do the same for the third green area. After this point roll away and restart.

I first picked this game up over a year ago, and struggled with the mechanics. I was able to get about 600gs then turned it off because of frustration. I decided to try again after seeing the diagram in this thread. I still struggled until I saw your post about the "DOUBLE TAP".

It finally clicked, I was single tapping. Using the double tap, and the combos and the game was a piece of cake. I flew through the rest of my achievements. THANK YOU for the advice!

x CHANDMAN x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
bloodstainedwings

BSW1984's Gamercard
THANK YOU so much for this guide, You have helped me understand how to play this game properly. Like most people I got about 500g or so and then got pissed off at the game not knowing how to play it. Again THANK YOU very much I cant stress it enough!!!!!!!!!!!
bloodstainedwings is offline   Reply With Quote