Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2010, 04:21 AM   #31
Tailz
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks for the input guys. I got Fireworks by replaying a battle with a Knight Soldier. They are floating so i guess they count.

Guide is complete!
Tailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #32
scorpy78

k1ll1ng slayer's Gamercard
Tailz your way to get Fireworks does not work, I've tried it about 15 times on this knight, nothing

ok seems it glitched to me, screw it

Last edited by scorpy78; 01-24-2010 at 08:58 AM.
scorpy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #33
Tailz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy78 View Post
Tailz your way to get Fireworks does not work, I've tried it about 15 times on this knight, nothing

ok seems it glitched to me, screw it
I tried my method on 2 different gamertags and they both worked for me. I think it is kind of glitched i dont really know if there is a definitive answer to get it then. Unless someone can confirm anoher way because i really am clueless.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #34
B3CKER

xB3CKER's Gamercard
Tuddlefingers and LM

I can't seem to find Tuddlefingers 7 and L.M. on chapter 3: Defending the Ark...I've followed the guide but they are not showing up(not even on my radar), and no I have not already collected them. Anyone else having this problem?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited by B3CKER; 01-24-2010 at 10:38 PM.
B3CKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #35
KillboxAlpha

Alastair Black's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailz View Post
I tried my method on 2 different gamertags and they both worked for me. I think it is kind of glitched i dont really know if there is a definitive answer to get it then. Unless someone can confirm anoher way because i really am clueless.
let me just start by saying Great Guide Tailz, it has been helping a lot

the method you said didn't work for me either, but i think this achievement is somewhat glitched, as I killed the very first Knight you fight on Village Attack about 20 times in a row (and they're never on the ground) and the achievement didn't pop, so I just continued on and got the achievement during the "Prophesied One" mission, right at the beginning there's a lot of flying guys that just fly up from the ruins and you're on a higher ground (when you first split from Atem right at the start) so just lob some nades in there and after 2 or 3 tries you'll get the achievement.

I would just like to add the following description for the Blind Luck achievement:

the eight types of enemies and their general locations are:

1) Blue Pawn - Crash Site
2) Red Pawn - Spare Parts
3) White Pawn - The Survivors
4) Silver Pawn - Propheseid One
5) Blue Sergeant - Crash Site
6) White Sergeant - Propheseid One
7) Red Sergeant - The Survivors
8) Gold Sergeant - The Revolt

this information is not mine, I give full credit for this description to Guttsu-87, and it is still uncertain if there are any more enemy types, so the best thing to do is try to just blind fire at least one of each enemy you come across during all the levels (that's what I have been doing, and haven't gotten the achievement so far, but I have not gotten to The Revolt yet, so that might just be the very last enemy type I'm missing, and I will confirm this once I actually finish that level) I hope this helps in any way.

Amazing Signature Created By: Rajeanero

Retail games completed: 84
Most Recent: Spec Ops: The Line (1000)

Live arcade games completed: 24
Most Recent: Deadlight (200)
KillboxAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #36
Tailz
Banned User

Notes taken and updated. Thanks for the notes on the Foot Soldiers that was very helpful i was unaware there were 8 i thought there was only 6.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #37
Tailz
Banned User

Guide is Complete and submitted. I am returning Dark Void tomorrow so i no longer will have access to it. But i'll be happy to answer any and all questions!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:24 AM   #38
JEDI JAWA

JEDl JAWA's Gamercard
15 Bird Of Prey - Kill 25 Foot Soldiers with your Rocket Guns

You must kill 25 foot soldiers while using your Jet Pack. Press and Hold to shoot while flying.

anyone know if your rocket pack missiles count towards this?

JEDI JAWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #39
JEDI JAWA

JEDl JAWA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboxAlpha View Post
let me just start by saying Great Guide Tailz, it has been helping a lot

the method you said didn't work for me either, but i think this achievement is somewhat glitched, as I killed the very first Knight you fight on Village Attack about 20 times in a row (and they're never on the ground) and the achievement didn't pop, so I just continued on and got the achievement during the "Prophesied One" mission, right at the beginning there's a lot of flying guys that just fly up from the ruins and you're on a higher ground (when you first split from Atem right at the start) so just lob some nades in there and after 2 or 3 tries you'll get the achievement.

neither way worked for me. definitely a glitched achievement. I tried your way on the prophesied one, counted 15 kills while the bots were flying, no achievement. i tried Tailz' way on the village level, killed the knight 12 times, no achievement. then i tried another way 13 times. i tried killing the knight on the village level, and then progressing forward till i got a checkpoint, still no achievement. G L I T C H E D ! ! ! ! !

UPDATE: I got it on Chapter 3-3, right at the beginning, 3 flying bots fly through a hole in the screen. Kill them all or as many as you can with nades while they are in the air. After that, mop up the rest of the bots in the room and then proceed up the hall to a checkpoint, then restart the level. Achievement pooped on the 10th flying bot i killed. hope this helps.

Last edited by JEDI JAWA; 01-28-2010 at 01:25 PM.
JEDI JAWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #40
Tailz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDI JAWA View Post
15 Bird Of Prey - Kill 25 Foot Soldiers with your Rocket Guns

You must kill 25 foot soldiers while using your Jet Pack. Press and Hold to shoot while flying.

anyone know if your rocket pack missiles count towards this?
Nope. Just the Rocket Guns. I forgot to update that. Just play 2-4 Breaking Camp. Kill the UFO's then after the cut-scene with the soldiers arriving you'll be in Rocket Pack mode heading straight for soldiers. Hold X and RT down and shoot the soldiers you are heading at. There are 3 separate groups that are dropped there so you should get 8-10 rocket kills at least

Quote:

neither way worked for me. definitely a glitched achievement. I tried you way on the prophesied one, counted 15 kills while the bots were flying, no achievement. i tried Tailz' way on the village level, killed the knight 12 times, no achievement. then i tried another way 13 times. i tried killing the knight on the village level, and then progressing forward till i got a checkpoint, still no achievement. G L I T C H E D ! ! ! ! ! !
Yeah it seems to be glitched and random for everyone. I'm not sure what else to tell you to get it sadly Try clearing your cache and trying it

Last edited by Tailz; 01-25-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #41
B3CKER

xB3CKER's Gamercard
Problems with Journals

Hey guys...if any of you, such as myself, were having problems with obtaining the Journals from "Defending the Ark" I found them and may be able to help.
(Let me just say this: Most people I talked to about the Journal locations said that they found their Journals in the exact location the guide shows)

Tuddlefingers #7- It is on the plateau where the AA guns sit across from, but I did not find it on the ledge you walk over to the left and look down on(the area the guide showed). I found it further back. Once you see the plateau(this is the large one that sits level with the AA guns) land on the left side and head around the left wall working your way towards the AA gun placement...it's just around the first crevice bend.

L.M. - I found this one close to the center piece on the plateau which the Archon sits upon. It's very close to the three spires, almost just outside of its diameter.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again to Tailz for the help.

B3CKER
Old 01-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #42
BimmyandJimmy
Banned User

Theres no way in hell you beat hardcore with only 2 deaths. That means you would of had to beat the game already and knew where everything was and took it very very slowly. I wish people would stop lying in the road maps just to make them look like a l33t gamer.
BimmyandJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #43
Tailz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmyandJimmy View Post
Theres no way in hell you beat hardcore with only 2 deaths. That means you would of had to beat the game already and knew where everything was and took it very very slowly. I wish people would stop lying in the road maps just to make them look like a l33t gamer.
I'm not lying? The game is EASY on hardcore! If you use Cover and go slow you never die. The only area where you may die would be in the battle with 3 Archons. Which i did die once or twice
Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #44
B3CKER

xB3CKER's Gamercard
It was extremely easy on Hardcore I have to agree.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #45
fludstud09

o Ethics's Gamercard
For me, I got Fireworks on Section 2-4. Just after you defeat the UFOs and have to fight the ground forces is when I got it. I kept playing that section and throwing grenades as the reinforcements were going down to the ground. It was completely random, as I wasn't playing the section for the achievement, rather I kept dying. :/.
fludstud09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:03 AM   #46
BimmyandJimmy
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not lying? The game is EASY on hardcore! If you use Cover and go slow you never die. The only area where you may die would be in the battle with 3 Archons. Which i did die once or twice
Alright thank you. I know the game is easy on hardcore but 2 deaths was out of the question :P
Old 01-26-2010, 04:42 AM   #47
scorpy78

k1ll1ng slayer's Gamercard
Quote:
neither way worked for me. definitely a glitched achievement. I tried you way on the prophesied one, counted 15 kills while the bots were flying, no achievement. i tried Tailz' way on the village level, killed the knight 12 times, no achievement. then i tried another way 13 times. i tried killing the knight on the village level, and then progressing forward till i got a checkpoint, still no achievement. G L I T C H E D ! ! ! ! ! !
yes same here, the problem actually is it saves to the profile and not in the save file you could delete
scorpy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:54 AM   #48
Tailz
Banned User

Don't upgrade in the pre-level upgrade screen. If you do it will lock the achievement and you will never be able to get it! Do it in the game at a weapons locker
Old 01-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #49
BimmyandJimmy
Banned User

Not all of the weapons are unmissable. You can still beat the game and miss the disentegrator.

Last edited by BimmyandJimmy; 01-26-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #50
Tailz
Banned User

I don't think so because you pick that up in a cutscene
Old 01-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #51
BimmyandJimmy
Banned User

thats the oppressor
Old 01-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #52
ErinEsurance

The Machine BoP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I don't think so because you pick that up in a cutscene
Its not in a cutscene, but you have to pick it up in order to proceed during one part of 2-4 (where you shoot the Ark's pod things with it in order to power them up). Those don't count as kills and I had to go back and kill a guy after I finished the game to get that achievement.

Also thanks for the people who gave us a headsup on the Grease Monkey glitch. Yall saved me from jumping off a tall building.

ErinEsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #53
planBscratchit

planBscratchit's Gamercard
Quote:
Don't upgrade in the pre-level upgrade screen. If you do it will lock the achievement and you will never be able to get it! Do it in the game at a weapons locker
not true, i unlocked the achievement in the pre-level screen just fine. it says you MUST upgrade in the weapon locker in the guide, very wrong
planBscratchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #54
Tailz
Banned User

Not very wrong actually. Everyone that is saying their game glitched is when they upgraded their weapons in the pre-level screen. Doesn't mean it happen EVERY time, but if you do it the other way you can prevent it from glitching. This has been confirmed from the developer.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #55
House of El

Super Slayin 4's Gamercard

awesome guide Tailz. i just got the game today from gamefly . and i bought one of the golden jet packs off ebay for 3.00 pretty cheap i think . i just love it when games have golden items, its my fav

if anyone wants a golden jet pack go to Ebay and type" Darkvoid code" and look through the list one guy sells em for 3-4 $

House of El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 AM   #56
gt realist

Addi Realist's Gamercard
Conclusion:

Enjoy Dark Void! It's a really good game with a ton of surprises in store. If you are stuck or need any assistance feel free to PM me and i will do my very best to help you. -Tailz

OK DUDE, SEEN DAT U ONLY DIE 2 TWICE IN THIS GAME ON HARDCORE LOL.
HOW DA HELL DID U PASS E2 C4. KILLING THE 3 ARCHON'S B4 THEY DESTROY THE ARK? FIRST OFF....I HAD TO GO TO THE FOOT LOCKER TO CHANGE MY GUN CAUSE THE ONES I STARTED THIS PART WITH WAS TRASH, THEN I WOULD DESTROY THE FIRST ARCHON AND DIES EVERYTIME ON THE SECOND ONE. FOR SUM REASON REASON THE DAME UFO'S FLYING AROUND ALWAYS SHOOT AT ME. AND IF I TAKE THE TIME TO KILL THE UFO'S, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SAVE THE ARK. WTF.....PLZ ADVICE TAILZ. I'M STUCK BRO:rant :

GEORGETOWN, GUYANA. BORN AND RAISE. GUYANA MI SEH

E.P.C.S. WE ARE THE ONE'S
gt realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #57
Tailz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt realist View Post
Conclusion:

Enjoy Dark Void! It's a really good game with a ton of surprises in store. If you are stuck or need any assistance feel free to PM me and i will do my very best to help you. -Tailz

HOW DA HELL DID U PASS E2 C4. KILLING THE 3 ARCHON'S B4 THEY DESTROY THE ARK? FIRST OFF....I HAD TO GO TO THE FOOT LOCKER TO CHANGE MY GUN CAUSE THE ONES I STARTED THIS PART WITH WAS TRASH, THEN I WOULD DESTROY THE FIRST ARCHON AND DIES EVERYTIME ON THE SECOND ONE. FOR SUM REASON REASON THE DAME UFO'S FLYING AROUND ALWAYS SHOOT AT ME. AND IF I TAKE THE TIME TO KILL THE UFO'S, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SAVE THE ARK. WTF.....PLZ ADVICE TAILZ. I'M STUCK BRO:rant :
Don't bother with the UFOs. Go straight for the Archon's. If you use the boosting method and get the 7500 every 5 minutes do that a few times to upgrade the energy weapon to the MAX. You can just fly to each Archon and use that and kill them pretty quickly. Just hold RT down until they die if you cant beat it with your Plasma and Assault Rifles.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 AM   #58
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt realist View Post
Conclusion:

Just did this last night. I used the level 2 sniper rifle. You can put one down with full ammo in the rifle. What I did was head down to were the gun locker is at. From there you can hit one. Put that one down, but before heading up to finish it off, go to the locker again (it should be right behind you) to reload the rifle. Go up and finish that one off, then head to the one up on cliff in front of you. Go right by it and up on the cliff behind it. Put that one down and finish it off. Quickly head to that locker, reload and the last one should be to your left. There is a ledge to the side off it for you to land on. Put it down and finish it off. You have to be quick and a little lucky not to get torn apart by the UFO's, but it is doable.

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #59
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Tailz, I found out why people aren't unlocking Grease Monkey. In your guide it says you have to upgrade all 6 weapons, this is true, but it doesn't say anything about the rocket pack. This is why it won't unlock for people. You have to upgrade a total of 7 items, not 6 as stated in your guide. I went along and upgraded everything but the rocket pack last night and got nothing so I kept farming tech points on 2-4 and sure enough, once I upgraded the rocket pack to level 3, presto, achievement unlocked and a 1000/1000 on Dark Void. Hope it helps.
ErmacVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #60
koIIImap

SonicWolfAlone's Gamercard
About "grease monkey"
I maxed out all weapons and backpack, i bought last upgrade in weapon locker of Breaking point level. And i still don't have this achievement. i just wonder why.
koIIImap is offline   Reply With Quote