Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #61
aussiestatic
Banned User

Quote:
I died MAYBE twice the entire time.
Wow I take my hat off to you man. 2 times on hardcore?
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #62
Tailz
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErmacVersion1 View Post
Tailz, I found out why people aren't unlocking Grease Monkey. In your guide it says you have to upgrade all 6 weapons, this is true, but it doesn't say anything about the rocket pack. This is why it won't unlock for people. You have to upgrade a total of 7 items, not 6 as stated in your guide. I went along and upgraded everything but the rocket pack last night and got nothing so I kept farming tech points on 2-4 and sure enough, once I upgraded the rocket pack to level 3, presto, achievement unlocked and a 1000/1000 on Dark Void. Hope it helps.
Yeah you are right and i forgot about the Rocket Pack...Oopsies

Quote:
Originally Posted by koIIImap View Post
About "grease monkey"
I maxed out all weapons and backpack, i bought last upgrade in weapon locker of Breaking point level. And i still don't have this achievement. i just wonder why.
Its been known to glitch, make sure you do the rocket pack too. If it glitches there is not much i can do or say to help you but to contact someone at Dark Void and complain and see if they patch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiestatic View Post

Wow I take my hat off to you man. 2 times on hardcore?
I took it slow and i also had all my weapons upgraded. Always look for Turrets instead of fighting UFO's.
Tailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #63
LegendIsReal

LegendIsReal's Gamercard
Hey all, I havent tried this yet but I just got a thought, for the whole Fireworks achievement, perhaps if you use the gun to put enemies in the gravity bubble and then chuck a nade at them, that would work? I mean, it should in theory.. in THEORY, because they are technically airborn then. Anyways, like I said I havent tested it, just thought Id throw that out there to see if itd help anyone =D
LegendIsReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #64
ItBeNickYo

Teriques's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErmacVersion1 View Post
Tailz, I found out why people aren't unlocking Grease Monkey. In your guide it says you have to upgrade all 6 weapons, this is true, but it doesn't say anything about the rocket pack. This is why it won't unlock for people. You have to upgrade a total of 7 items, not 6 as stated in your guide. I went along and upgraded everything but the rocket pack last night and got nothing so I kept farming tech points on 2-4 and sure enough, once I upgraded the rocket pack to level 3, presto, achievement unlocked and a 1000/1000 on Dark Void. Hope it helps.
This is exactly what I had to do for it to unlock.
ItBeNickYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #65
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just to let everyone know, according to Dark Voids Facebook page (apparently you have go to Facebook and not their official website to get info) they are aware of the Grease Monkey glitch and are working to fix the problem. http://www.facebook.com/DarkVoidGame

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:38 AM   #66
WEEJOK

WEEJOK's Gamercard
No grease Monkey achievement for me either, upgraded all weapons and jetpack using the supply boxes and got nothing! Really hope they patch this :-(
Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #67
Tailz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEJOK View Post
No grease Monkey achievement for me either, upgraded all weapons and jetpack using the supply boxes and got nothing! Really hope they patch this :-(
It will be patched, Dark Void developers on their Facebook site have said they are working on it.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #68
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Well, I guess if Grease Monkey is glitched I'll still do everything required for it and when I hear it's been patched I'll rent this game again to get the cheevo.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #69
MelangeAddict

Huh. I hadn't looked at the points each cheevo gives but I would have expected finishing the game on Hardcore (which I did) to be the 100 points and not just 60.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #70
WarGod3

nice guide will use this wen my game turns up
WarGod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #71
Tailz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarGod3 View Post
nice guide will use this wen my game turns up
Thanks alot, its pretty well done if i do say so myself!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #72
MelangeAddict

By the way, I didn't say it before but thanks for the guide Taliz. I just wish I had been smart and used the Where are the Journals guide while I was playing cause now I'm playing through again just to get the journals. well, to try and get the 10 enemies that fly and upgrade all weapons too, but that's beside the point. Hardcore for me was still pretty difficult but not frustratingly impossible.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #73
The1One

xX THE10NE Xx's Gamercard
I just got the Fireworks achievement last night and thought I'd chime in. Great guide by the way!

I know its glitched, but I'm wondering if the developers just worded it wrong or something. I know it say "airbourn" enemies, but what if it meant while they were in the process of boosting of the ground or flying, and not necessarily hovering. . .just a thought.

Anyways, I previously tried the Knight and Prophesied One strategies, but no luck. I wasn't trying to get it, but i was playing "The Revolt" and naded the few flying Seargants that come out of the hole. I quit to the main menu, and then accidentally resumed the campaign. I did the same thing basically and on the second seargant I got Fireworks. The only reason I said the above paragraph, was that it appeared I naded him as he was flying upwards. . .hes wasnt just floating, thats when I got it.
The1One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #74
MelangeAddict

Okay, stupid Grease Monkey is the only thing keeping me from having the full 1000. I'll have to re rent the game if a patch comes out I suppose. As far as Fireworks to anyone having problems just grenade everything that flies. I started tossing grenades at Knights and anything that hovered up into the air.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:01 AM   #75
Tailz
Banned User

There is a patch coming, Its jsut a matter of when it gets here.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #76
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
First impression of guide/road map is OK. I'm expecting this game to be delivered this week, and hope the guide will come in handy.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #77
Tailz
Banned User

Ok

lol...It lays everything out for you
Old 02-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #78
aginore

winginor's Gamercard
Thumbs up

For me the Guide was very helpful, thanks a lot.

Was good to know that you can simply replay the levels and get every achievment so I just played through without worrying about achievments and then got what was left. Luckily nothing glitched.

The only things that could be better wouuld be to divide the achievments in the ones that come naturally and the ones that you should keep in mind while playing through. For example "Blind Eye" would be something for me that would be mentionable in the Roadmap part above, as I never Blind Fired while playing through and then had to find one of every enemy.

But in any case thanks for the great guide was helping me a lot to get my 1000 in this game.
aginore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #79
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Not So Glitched - Just Specific

I'll vouch for not needing the Reclaimer for the 100 headshots. I was switching weapons back and forth and there was no way I got 100 with both together when my achievement popped.

Also, I mentioned in another thread but a great place to boost for Fireworks is The Revolt. After the cutscene in the round room, flying enemies will come out of the hole on the screen. Just cook and toss grenades. You have to be on the ground though hence why Revolt is the best. You have no Jetpack til later.
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #80
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailz View Post
15 Fireworks- Kill 10 Flying Enemies with Grenades

This Achievement seems to be Glitched and very random. I personally achieved this by killing 10 Knight Soldiers in Chapter 1-3 The Village. Several of other people have not been able to get it this way. My best advice would be to get this would be to continually spam grenades near flying enemies such as Chapter 3-3 The Revolt. Play through it and throw grenades at any flying enemies you see. Outside of that, nobody seems to have a definitive way to attain this achievement.
<deleted post content by myself as for not being accurate>

EDIT: So far I've tried
- killing more than 10 times the 2 Knight Soldiers at the end of 1.5.
- killing 15 floating Watchers in the beginning of chapter 2.1
- I've got the achievement on Chapter 1.2 "Crash Site". When you come to the weapons locker for the first time (after crossing a bridge), you'll find some grenades in front of them. Pick those up, cook a grenade and throw it at the door to break it open, then cook another grenade and throw it at the 4 enemies that came through the door. When they're all dead, jump into the void and you will respawn again at the weapons locker. Rinse and repeat until you've got the achievement.

I don't understand this achievement, because in later levels I threw grenades at flying watchers and killed way more than 10. But I'm glad I've got the achievement.

So, if you're struggling with this, try to do like I said (Crash Site)

Good luck!

Last edited by Trikke; 03-01-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #81
Rob2682

Rob2682's Gamercard
I'm havin serious problems gettin mid air collisions for demolition derby, anyone got any tips.

Rob2682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #82
afexracerx

aFeXrAcErX's Gamercard
Great guide. Appreciate you pointing out where the glitches are and how to avoid them =)
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #83
erichsouza76

erichsouza76's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by afexracerx View Post
Great guide. Appreciate you pointing out where the glitches are and how to avoid them =)
The glitch is very well pointed out on the first post if you took the time to read it.
I went through it and got the Grease Monkey achievement easily.
But the other one, the Fireworks one, this one as said, there is no right way to do it so far. Who got it, always got it on different ways from each other.
erichsouza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #84
Com_Raven

Com Raven's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Uh, what? He actually congratulated the OP on the way he points out the glitches, so where did you read any criticism?
Com_Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #85
b3nnyth3gr33k

b3nnyth3gr33k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
good guide i just got the game and this is very helpful

b3nnyth3gr33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #86
T FUNK 1984

T FUNK 1984's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Tailz - thanks for the guide really helped me a lot. Here's hoping for a patch soon to fix the glitched achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertDog View Post
Just did this last night. I used the level 2 sniper rifle. You can put one down with full ammo in the rifle. What I did was head down to were the gun locker is at. From there you can hit one. Put that one down, but before heading up to finish it off, go to the locker again (it should be right behind you) to reload the rifle. Go up and finish that one off, then head to the one up on cliff in front of you. Go right by it and up on the cliff behind it. Put that one down and finish it off. Quickly head to that locker, reload and the last one should be to your left. There is a ledge to the side off it for you to land on. Put it down and finish it off. You have to be quick and a little lucky not to get torn apart by the UFO's, but it is doable.
You sir are a legend! I was ready to pull my hair out, tried your method and did it on my second try.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #87
b3nnyth3gr33k

b3nnyth3gr33k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Once i complete the game is there a mission select option so i can get some of the achievments ive missed

b3nnyth3gr33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #88
ScH33r

On the float like a butterfly achievement. Just play episode 2 chapter 3 and get close to the knights. They grab you and you escape. simple as that.
ScH33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #89
Xylon Uxkid

Xylon Uxkid's Gamercard
3 questions...Is this game really THAT bad? Because it is at 800 pts for GFWL. And Im thinking about get it. Second, are the PC version achievements also glitched?
And finally, I want to hear more opinions about how hard is the hard mode. (That wasnt a question.)
Old 06-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #90
The Filthy Goat

The Filthy Goat's Gamercard
Just finished, never upgraded a weapon the whole time so that I could do them all at once. The guide says "roughly" 100,000 tech points are needed, but I did the math for it and it's actually 141,600 tech points to fully upgrade everything. I consider that a bit more than roughly 100,000. It equals quite a few more 2-4 runs to reach that goal. Normally I wouldn't nitpick such a thing, but with such a glitchy achievement, I think it helps to be as exact as possible.

And I died plenty more than twice on hardcore. Heck, I died a few times just trying to figure out the rocket pack at first. It wasn't super hard though. I kind wish I had done a casual run first though, gotten my weapons upgraded first, then did my hardcore run, if only to have a chance to enjoy using the souped up weapons.

*100,000 hit on 5/17/10, only took 3 years and 144 games...*
The Filthy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote