Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #91
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Filthy Goat View Post
Just finished, never upgraded a weapon the whole time so that I could do them all at once. The guide says "roughly" 100,000 tech points are needed, but I did the math for it and it's actually 141,600 tech points to fully upgrade everything. I consider that a bit more than roughly 100,000. It equals quite a few more 2-4 runs to reach that goal. Normally I wouldn't nitpick such a thing, but with such a glitchy achievement, I think it helps to be as exact as possible.

And I died plenty more than twice on hardcore. Heck, I died a few times just trying to figure out the rocket pack at first. It wasn't super hard though. I kind wish I had done a casual run first though, gotten my weapons upgraded first, then did my hardcore run, if only to have a chance to enjoy using the souped up weapons.
I think that what was meant was that after you have completed the campaign ONCE, you will need roughly 100,000 tech points more to get enough to buy everything, because after my first playthrough I had ~50,000 tech points. I know it doesn't read that way, but I think thats what was implied. Nevertheless a change is probably required.

Pootcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #92
IRELAND NO 1

IRELAND NO 1's Gamercard
Just starting this got it for a fiver so will give the guide a try seems like a mixed review some even hate it?
IRELAND NO 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #93
BigTimmyJim

DJsnachBlaster's Gamercard
look easy i might get this game.
BigTimmyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #94
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
Of all the achievements, I didn't manage to get the Dark Void achievement though I first playthrough it on hardcore and only got the ultimate bad ass cheevo instead. Has anyone got this problem before and do I need to gothrough another playthrough on any difficulty?

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #95
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
There's some room for editing, so hopefully Tailz is still checking this forum often.

- If you beat the game on casual first and had all upgraded weapons for hardcore, along with not going for other achievements, it's probaby best not to say how "easy" hardcore is and that you only died twice. You imply that you can just start on hardcore and that it's a walk in the park. Though it isn't hard, I've died 7-10 times just on specific checkpoints trying to go for certain achievements.

- For the Fireworks achievement I got it in the burning village the first time you encounter jetpack enemies. I would kill them and reload/die. I had to kill about 20-25 of them, and my achievement unlocked when I killed the next ground unit with a grenade (which could have possibly been a flying one).

- There is nothing simple about colliding with an enemy. 50-60 UFOs on chapter 2-4? Maybe, but only around 4-5 at a time! I imagined 50-60 all at once, so that is a bit misleading! It's very hard to crash into an enemy. You say easiest to highjack a UFO, so I can get this with the survivor planes? Which is extremely easy to get in (dont have to highjack) and has a longer wingspan allowing you to hit UFOs a little better. Just curious if they count.

- "Roughly 100,000 tech points to fully upgrade". I was also under the impression that was a total amount. I guess another user said it was around 141 thousand.

- You could mention in your achievement description for Squishy Center to make sure you do the kill action on the tail and not the head. Though I haven't tested the head, another post mentioned you had to do the tail and not the head. Also it's best to do all the Archon achievements on the first one you see, as it's shooting at the ship a lot and you aren't having to watch out for 3 of them at once! Not sure why you mentioned the 3 later.
There are just some things I would like to suggest changing or thinking about putting more detail. This isn't complaining, just trying to make sure everything is covered

- Blind luck literally was luck for me, I can barely tell the difference between most of the enemies, I was thinking they would be colored different which isn't always the case. The ps3 trophies side lists what guns they use, and that as well might be helpful. Also, if you Snipe someone in cover and let go of the zoom, it counts as blind fire becase the enemy is dying while you're in cover with your gun out. I got my achievement totally by accident, not knowing who I did or didn't kill. I sniped a guy (who I thought I've killed blindfire) and let go. Achievement unlocked. I was a bit surprised!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 07-07-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 AM   #96
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Episode 2 chapter 4

Once you get to the big wave there are only 40 UFOs exactly. What you can do is put it on hard mode and kill around 30-35 of them to get 3000-3500 tech points preferably while your turret is warning you to abandon. Once you get that amount, let the UFOs kill you. For some reason while in the turret dying, it will still save all your tech points. I have done this numerous times, and it's much faster then reloading the episode and doing it all over again multiple times.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 08-29-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #97
L16HTZ
Banned User

Nice Guide. Will come in handy since I just got this game on the cheap
L16HTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:24 AM   #98
zeroFerus

Send a message via MSN to zeroFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Talking

Thx for putting this guide up. Good job mate!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #99
Pine Reaper

Pine Reaper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Thanks for guide, came in handy
Pine Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #100
bombfirst885

II bombfirst II's Gamercard
There is no way this is a 12-15 hour game. I feel like maybe the campaign alone took me 15 hours, and mopping up took me another six. This was with following the horrendous collectible guide, and playing hardcore first.

bombfirst885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #101
evel ways

evel ways's Gamercard
Damn fine job on the mop up now maxingout weapons 2 left to go,and those damn elusive journals!!!
evel ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 AM   #102
evel ways

evel ways's Gamercard
Forgot to mention you can get the airborne enemy cheevo by throwing 'nades in vertical cover!
evel ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #103
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
As it is stated in another thread pointing out how the Achievement Fireworks is incorrect. I got the Fireworks Achievement with no problem on the 1st level, as soon as you get grenades, cook it and let it explode over their heads killing them. Now rinse and repeat until 10, its that easy.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #104
andimeadz

andimeadz's Gamercard
great guide thanks
andimeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 AM   #105
threeB

1000! Thx!
threeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #106
Lawrentz82

kirby lee's Gamercard
Is this game fun or even good...or is it just viewed as a quick 1000 points? I found it for six bucks but im skeptical based on what i see up here in the game forum...
Lawrentz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #107
SWi IVI IVI ER

Renting this game soon from blockbuster. Wanted to play it for while and am now finally getting around to it. Awesome guide btw.

SWi IVI IVI ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #108
Davisss666

wow i didn;t know that there was a pc version with achievements
Davisss666 is offline   Reply With Quote