PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #61
Emerald Axer

Emerald Axer's Gamercard
thanx for the info Sithfloor, hope one day i get motivated enough to knock this crap out (i thought Chromehounds was a grind)
Emerald Axer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #62
MisterGuyMan

I'm glad some one got the achievement before they were blocked.
MisterGuyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #63
Olot

OLOT's Gamercard
Okay, I've read this thread about 6 times now and like many before me I'm contemplating making a run at these three cheevos...

Was hoping the experts before me could answer a few questions:
  1. Is there a way to not play the solo matches? I realize that they are being done in 30 second matches for 2-3 hours before deranking in team but is there an auto-pilot method for when you're not in the mood?
  2. Will the main account go up any quicker in solo if he's winning against say four opponents? (or does that logic only apply to "team" play?
  3. Are these guys that are blocking the leaderboard in universal using some sort of leaderboard hack and it is not possible to get by them or are they just getting number 1 and then continuing to rebuild the ladder and boost their "guy" higher...
  4. Is there a strategic method to which board to go for first? Or does it really matter?
thanks in advance.
Olot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #64
MCSS Aerocoupe

MCSS Aerocoupe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olot View Post
Okay, I've read this thread about 6 times now and like many before me I'm contemplating making a run at these three cheevos...

Was hoping the experts before me could answer a few questions:
  1. Is there a way to not play the solo matches? I realize that they are being done in 30 second matches for 2-3 hours before deranking in team but is there an auto-pilot method for when you're not in the mood?
  2. Will the main account go up any quicker in solo if he's winning against say four opponents? (or does that logic only apply to "team" play?
  3. Are these guys that are blocking the leaderboard in universal using some sort of leaderboard hack and it is not possible to get by them or are they just getting number 1 and then continuing to rebuild the ladder and boost their "guy" higher...
  4. Is there a strategic method to which board to go for first? Or does it really matter?
thanks in advance.
1. Only if you are working with another person. Only 1 (host) needs to be present. Loser can suicide in an elimination match and give other person the win. But there still has to be someone present to actually run the match.

2. Faster - no. More - yes. You can have a 4 way solo match on a single 360, 1 winner, 3 losers; by the time the losers drop 1 rank, the winner will have gone up 3. This will occur with the winner going up at normal speed and each loser only dropping 1/3 as fast as normal. You could also do an 8 way solo match, 1 winner, 7 losers; but that is not any more effective.

3. Unknown, but I believe they made it to #1 legit, so they probably are just continually rebuilding their ladder to push the #1 even farther up.

4. There is a strategy, but all depends on your situation. If working in a team of 3+ people, while the first person is working on Universal, the other 2 can help each other get Team/Solo when there is down time on ladder rebuilding or if they have enough 360's. For example, person 2 works on winning solo/losing team, person 3 works on winning team/losing solo. If they get their leaderboard achievements before the ladder is ready for person 2 to get Universal, they can switch and 2 works in team wins while 3 works on solo.

But for a single person working on it, do Universal first winning team matches, then derank in solo and get the rest of the wins needed for team, and finally win in solo to get that one.
MCSS Aerocoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #65
Olot

OLOT's Gamercard
So, if I understand you correctly, I could build my own ladder of 9 teams/18accounts, push myself up a bazillion times, and the get ultimate achievement.

Then, if i find someone that is going for the "solo" achievement, I could host a solo match and let/make them win over and over while I sleep. I would end up rank 1 in solo and could then auto-pilot wins on team while he/she auto-pilot loses on team. Then I host again and he wins solo, rinse, lather, repeat. Team achievement earned...

If only I had something to offer to "entice" someone to do most of the "solo" work.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #66
MisterGuyMan

I finally got the Universal. Thanks a lot for the guide, MCSS Aerocoupe. I definitely wouldn't have gotten it so efficiently without your information.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #67
Olot

OLOT's Gamercard
congrats!

I hope to join you one way or another, once the leaderboard reset debate is completed.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #68
MCSS Aerocoupe

Congrats Mister. Even if there is a reset, at least you can prove you got it when it still took dedication (date/time stamp).

Olot, If you get Universal by doing Team, it is best to get Team next, and save Solo for last. But if you get Universal by doing Solo, it is best to get Solo next, and save Team for last. Whichever mode you do to get Universal should be the mode you keep working on for its #1 spot, otherwise you will end up wasting more time... Get to Universal #1 while getting to top 100 in Team, just to turn around and get Solo #1 by dropping to about #65000 on Team before getting up to #1 first, that's bad time management...
Old 10-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #69
MisterGuyMan

For those who are wondering, the current #1 Sham isn't too far from #2 Cody. I had a low 23 derank to my main when I was ranked #3 and I woke up with the achievement. For now I'm not counting myself as the #1 anymore. I'll hopefull be deranked by Monday. I'm going for the Team leaderboard achievement so I can aim for the Solo achievement when the reset happens.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #70
Olot

OLOT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSS Aerocoupe View Post
Congrats Mister. Even if there is a reset, at least you can prove you got it when it still took dedication (date/time stamp).

Olot, If you get Universal by doing Team, it is best to get Team next, and save Solo for last. But if you get Universal by doing Solo, it is best to get Solo next, and save Team for last. Whichever mode you do to get Universal should be the mode you keep working on for its #1 spot, otherwise you will end up wasting more time... Get to Universal #1 while getting to top 100 in Team, just to turn around and get Solo #1 by dropping to about #65000 on Team before getting up to #1 first, that's bad time management...
Aerocoupe, I planned on doing it like you suggested. What I was referring to in my previous post is that once I get universal, I would need to win team matches but start losing in solo (deranking in solo). If I could talk someone into doing the work, (i.e. winning against me in solo), then he could go lose in team while I go win in team, rinse and repeat...

Once I have "team" and that person has "solo", I would use my built ladder to push him up on "universal". Once I push him up, I would do the work rebuilding the ladder, (auto pilot), rinse and repeat til he has "universal".

Once that person was "universal", at no personal expense, they would then be grateful enough to finish up and go for their "team". They would then lose to me in solo so that I get ""solo" and they get "team".

It's a little more time consuming this way as well as a little more expensive, but the trade-off for me is minimal grinding. The other person is doing the grinding work, but has no expense of building their own ladder. Ans it's fair because we're both benefiting equally.

But all of this is on hold til the leaderboard "reset" debate is over. Strategy to adjust accordingly.

p.s. - If nobody bites, I will do it exactly as you suggest which is most effecient.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #71
MisterGuyMan

How long does it take to go from being ranked #100 on team to #1? That's my current rank. I was thinking of doing a final push for the Team leaderboard before the reset but I'm not sure if I can reasonably be expected to reach it in time.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #72
Bl4ziN AK47

BlaziN M16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
hey man i am currently workin on the universal achievement and i was wondering since u only need two accounts to go for the team achievement(if u are going for it) would u be willing to let me borrow some of your dummy accounts to rank up as soon as possible???? P.S. i also would really like to kno the answer to the question u asked above. thx. My gamer tag is blazin m16. You can either post back here or just send me a message over live which ever is easier.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #73
MisterGuyMan

If anyone is interested in deranking me, please let me know. On my spare time I derank in solo and rank back up in team. Since I'm already deranking to dummy accounts that don't need them, I might as well offer to derank to people who might need it. The offer is only for deranking in solo mode by the way. It's monotonous and it can't be auto pilot. My current rank is 23 but since my 12 account ladder is in tact, I can rank back up pretty fast.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #74
Dx MaGiC

Dx MaGiC's Gamercard
I'll derank you I'm currently 12th. Send me a FR.
Dx MaGiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #75
NeoGeo18

Geo2911 xBBx's Gamercard
There are four of us praying for a miracle before the boards get reset this Thursday. Please could anyone with a high level account help us out.
NeoGeo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #76
MCSS Aerocoupe

I looked at the board last night, I don't see anyone high enough to make it unless they have a couple very high accounts able to push them up a lot first... Sorry, but I don't think anyone else will be able to get Universal #1 before the reset unless it gets postponed.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #77
ImpendIn_Agony

Impendin Agony's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The time approaches.
ImpendIn_Agony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #78
NeoGeo18

Geo2911 xBBx's Gamercard
Aerocoupe, Blazin M16 has made it upto 8th and has just started deranking the lowest 25, DX Magic is still 12th and I'm 18th but about to be pushed up by a friend of mine (should make it to 10th). If you were to derank to Blazin or DX Magic as soon as possible we should be able to create a chain effect and with the use of some secondaries I believe all of us can make it before the resest in 32 hours but only with your help so please at least give us a chance.
NeoGeo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #79
Bl4ziN AK47

BlaziN M16's Gamercard

Im just goin to be postin this every where i can so hoperfully someone at ubisoft answers me.(And yes i have posted it on the ubisfot forums alread)

Alright i think if any one should be pissed off to the max it is me. I was rank number 3 on the universal leaderbord when the bord randomly reset almost an hour after the supposed reset time. I invested quite some time and money just to be cut off short. But hey im lookin on the bright side cause i thought the leaderbord was gonna be reset properly and it wasn't. My main question to you is are u gonna fix this and do a proper reset or should i continue and try and get the achievement. PLEASE let me know ASAP because i do not want to get caught in the top ten again and not be able to get it. Also im not even too sure if anyone can pass these lucky few who got the achievement first because they are ranked number 1 with a level of 3 despite the fact that there is 20s and what not below them. So i beleive that it might not even be possible to have them get deranked because one of my friends is one of the lucky few who got it and he tried to derank with no such luck. So once again all im askin for is a speedy reply to the one question of whether or not YOU GUYS ARE GONNA TRY AND DO ANOTHER RESET OR SHOULD I KEEP AT IT AND GET THE ACHIEVEMENT BY CREATING ANOTHER LADDER??????
Old 11-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #80
The.Yoder

AlphaYoder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ziN AK47 View Post
Im just goin to be postin this every where i can so hoperfully someone at ubisoft answers me.(And yes i have posted it on the ubisfot forums alread)

Alright i think if any one should be pissed off to the max it is me. I was rank number 3 on the universal leaderbord when the bord randomly reset almost an hour after the supposed reset time. I invested quite some time and money just to be cut off short. But hey im lookin on the bright side cause i thought the leaderbord was gonna be reset properly and it wasn't. My main question to you is are u gonna fix this and do a proper reset or should i continue and try and get the achievement. PLEASE let me know ASAP because i do not want to get caught in the top ten again and not be able to get it. Also im not even too sure if anyone can pass these lucky few who got the achievement first because they are ranked number 1 with a level of 3 despite the fact that there is 20s and what not below them. So i beleive that it might not even be possible to have them get deranked because one of my friends is one of the lucky few who got it and he tried to derank with no such luck. So once again all im askin for is a speedy reply to the one question of whether or not YOU GUYS ARE GONNA TRY AND DO ANOTHER RESET OR SHOULD I KEEP AT IT AND GET THE ACHIEVEMENT BY CREATING ANOTHER LADDER??????
This is not a Ubisoft forum, nor does it even belong on this site, let alone this thread. Posting here isn't going to go you any good. Only thing posting it here is going to do is get people mad and/or get yelled at for posting it in the wrong section.

Retail 1000's+ (63)
Arcade 200's+ (12)
Too many to list, need to find a new way to list them. Guess it's time to launch my personal site.
The.Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #81
MisterGuyMan

The Reset didn't help anyone who wasn't already going to get the achievements anyway.

Frankly, anyone who has gotten the achievement, myself included, likely feels that a small inkling of envy. It's human nature.

Now having said that, no one will get the achievement that wouldn't have gotten it eventually anyway. One high rank 24 didn't reset for whatever reason so you still need multiple accounts. It's easier now, but the barrier of entry is so large enough to prevent any but the most diehard achievement hunters.

In regards to the Team leaderboard, one person unlocked the achievement with a single win. Some one recently passed him needed a rank 17 IIRC to do it. Given a few days, the requirement for Team is going to skyrocket as well once the regular boosters catch up with their ladders.

A lot of the top people in the Solo were reset but one person is still there with over 10,000 wins so that's close to as hard as it was before.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #82
Bl4ziN AK47

BlaziN M16's Gamercard

@ aerocoupe. If I boost my 24 off another 24 will that get me to a 25???
Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #83
MisterGuyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ziN AK47 View Post
@ aerocoupe. If I boost my 24 off another 24 will that get me to a 25???
You'd probably get a 25 and 21.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #84
FittedCab

FittedCab's Gamercard
Hey I'm currently 35 on universal leaderboard and lvl 20 but I ran out out of dummies! So I was wondering if somebody here could lend me a hand or a dummy to get me to lvl 25? I know I know it's kinda sad to come in here and ask this but my dummies are a couple of weeks on untill they're gold time runs out and I still need two more dummy accounts to get lvl 25 by myself. Of course once I get the leaderboard achievement for team I'll derank myself with whoever needs help!
FittedCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 AM   #85
Mike19x

lxDeadxAngelxl's Gamercard
what lvl do u hav 2 get 2 so u can reach the leaderboard achievements and what do u hav 2 do 2 get them and what helps u rank up fast
Mike19x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #86
CRDMUDRUNNER

CTDMUDRUNNER's Gamercard
currently #1 on universal. Looking to be deranked in solo. If possible I'd like to be deranked right down thru a ladder to low teens. But w/e works. GT: CTDMUDRUNNER
CRDMUDRUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #87
matdan1212

matdan1212's Gamercard
Anyone want to do some leaderboards?
GT: matdan1212
matdan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #88
TheFalcon

IXI FalcoN's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike19x View Post
what lvl do u hav 2 get 2 so u can reach the leaderboard achievements and what do u hav 2 do 2 get them and what helps u rank up fast
There's no such thing as fast when it comes to GRAW. To get all 3 leaderboards takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 (one thousand) hours. You'll also need around 12 gold accounts and nothing else to do for 6-8 weeks.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #89
NITEMARECREATOR

NITEMARECREATOR's Gamercard
Falcon's wisdom and knowledge are paramount when it comes to this game.

On a side note, the universal leaderboard achievement is no longer attainable. mazapantera is intentionally blocking that board.

Last edited by NITEMARECREATOR; 06-25-2011 at 01:42 PM.
NITEMARECREATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #90
Planet13

planet13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
7/14/11 Mazapantera is Blocking the Universal board.

However the Team and solo are still static at the moment.
Planet13 is offline   Reply With Quote