PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two: The 40th Day
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
NightListenerUK

The Cosmic Duck's Gamercard
Lightbulb Thought Id provide some multiplayer achievement experience!

Hey guys,

Just got my last multiplayer achievement today and I know about a week ago there was some serious confusion with the multiplayer achievements so I thought id just throw a few tips out there for people still needing the annoying achievements.

Basically for the achievement to win every game type on every map I was lucky enough to get host 3 times. One time I was playing a game and there was only me and the host left, the host quit and thus I got host. The second time I was searching for quick matches and it chucked me straight into a match by myself and the third time the host lagged out surprisingly.

Id say being host is pretty important for getting these wins down quickly, as its rare that you will lag out of a game and you have an advantage over other players. I made a chart on which gametypes I had won on each map and let the server cycle me through all the maps on each gametype until I knew I had done everything.

For extraction, again you really need your own server with a few other competent players as it gets tough - you have to be IN THE LOBBY BEFORE THE GAME STARTS to earn the achievement for passing all 16 waves. I was playing with a guy who joined in wave 1 and didn't get the achievement at the end because he wasn't present at the very start.
Again it helps to have a party of people, once one of you gets the server - invite your friends. To get the server (host) on extraction one of my friends was using the quick match function and it chucked him into his own match.

Other tips when trying to get a server (host) was when I was playing a game, and the host lagged out and took everyone back to the main menu - quickly jump into quick match as there is then an empty match available for you to get host on if you're quick enough.

Another useful tip! When it comes to the heavy guys in extraction - I'm not sure if its been posted on here yet but you can infinitely reload ammo from you're partners. We did this ALOT, it also means that one guy can cover on something, and the other two or three can reload infinate grenades off him and throwing them at the heavies over and over until they die.

I would also definitely recommend using the shotgun classes for both versus and extraction, stick together and good luck! Once you have host there really isn't anything to worry about!

Last edited by NightListenerUK; 01-23-2010 at 03:57 AM.
NightListenerUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Dark Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightListenerUK View Post
Hey guys,

Just got my last multiplayer achievement today and I know about a week ago there was some serious confusion with the multiplayer achievements so I thought id just throw a few tips out there for people still needing the annoying achievements.

Basically for the achievement to win every game type on every map I was lucky enough to get host 3 times. One time I was playing a game and there was only me and the host left, the host quit and thus I got host. The second time I was searching for quick matches and it chucked me straight into a match by myself and the third time the host lagged out surprisingly.

Id say being host is pretty important for getting these wins down quickly, as its rare that you will lag out of a game and you have an advantage over other players. I made a chart on which gametypes I had won on each map and let the server cycle me through all the maps on each gametype until I knew I had done everything.

For extraction, again you really need your own server with a few other competent players as it gets tough - you have to be IN THE LOBBY BEFORE THE GAME STARTS to earn the achievement for passing all 16 waves. I was playing with a guy who joined in wave 1 and didn't get the achievement at the end because he wasn't present at the very start.
Again it helps to have a party of people, once one of you gets the server - invite your friends. To get the server (host) on extraction one of my friends was using the quick match function and it chucked him into his own match.

Other tips when trying to get a server (host) was when I was playing a game, and the host lagged out and took everyone back to the main menu - quickly jump into quick match as there is then an empty match available for you to get host on if you're quick enough.

Another useful tip! When it comes to the heavy guys in extraction - I'm not sure if its been posted on here yet but you can infinitely reload ammo from you're partners. We did this ALOT, it also means that one guy can cover on something, and the other two or three can reload infinate grenades off him and throwing them at the heavies over and over until they die.

I would also definitely recommend using the shotgun classes for both versus and extraction, stick together and good luck! Once you have host there really isn't anything to worry about!
That would explain my extraction struggles then thanks!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Sentok

Sentok's Gamercard
Thanks for the info i was planning on going for these later today, this should help a lot.
Sentok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
fear30x

Fear30x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentok View Post
thanks for the info i was planning on going for these later today, this should help a lot.
bumpbumpbump
fear30x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Cheers for the info dude. and congratz.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote