Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
worst collectables guide ever

the collectable guide linked to the guide on this site is by far the worst i have ever had to follow , terrible dark low res small pis that could litterly be anywhere in the lvl and descriptions that are as bad as the pics, there are 2 collectable on the level 'protecting the arc' good luck finding them using the guide it will make u waste so much time looking in the wrong places u will want to never play this again. i still need to find these two and am looking for better pics.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Tailz
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
the collectable guide linked to the guide on this site is by far the worst i have ever had to follow , terrible dark low res small pis that could litterly be anywhere in the lvl and descriptions that are as bad as the pics, there are 2 collectable on the level 'protecting the arc' good luck finding them using the guide it will make u waste so much time looking in the wrong places u will want to never play this again. i still need to find these two and am looking for better pics.
I agree they can be difficult but if you follow the guide closely and look out for things in the opictures that stick out you will be fine.
Tailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
MXR5150

Send a message via AIM to MXR5150 Send a message via Yahoo to MXR5150

MXR5150's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Are you talking about the gamesradar.com guide?
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/dark-voi...11918285376055
If so, you have to be kidding me. I can't even begin to go into detail of the bad guides I've seen elsewhere. I've had no trouble finding any one of these using this guide.
MXR5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Wallbanger

I am Wallbanger's Gamercard
Im having extream dificulty finding Frenelli 1 useing this guide the description apears to make no sense
Wallbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
Mopey

Mopey Pi's Gamercard
Okay guys, I think that's a bit harsh.
First of all, it's the first guide out there, yet. Someone actually took the time and found all those ridiculous placed journals and made some pics. He could have been a little bit more detailed, that might be right. But remember: As soon as you play through the game, you can see them in your radar. Not that awesome, but at least you know in which area to look. This guide is better than nothing, and I doubt someone would want to make a new one.
End.
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
KillboxAlpha

Alastair Black's Gamercard
Quote:
I could not agree more, some of the descriptions make no sense or are somewhat of a riddle to decipher, the pictures help out in the sense that you are able to actually have a reference point (sometimes), but I have lost a lot of time so far just trying to figure out where most of them are instead of being able to go to the location straight away.

My solution to this was to use the collectables guide posted on our PS3 sister site for some other descriptions of where things might be.

All in all, in my humble opinion it was a poorly made collectable guide that made me want to buy the official game guide instead.

Amazing Signature Created By: Rajeanero

Retail games completed: 84
Most Recent: Spec Ops: The Line (1000)

Live arcade games completed: 24
Most Recent: Deadlight (200)
KillboxAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #7
B3CKER

xB3CKER's Gamercard
Have you had any luck finding the two Journals on Defending the Ark?
B3CKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
Suki

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3CKER View Post
Have you had any luck finding the two Journals on Defending the Ark?
in a word no i wasted an hr on the first one before giving up all the guy who took the pictures needed to do was fly up as high as he could then take the picture looking down on the journal that way it would be easy to see where it is showing us a close up of a rock and saying its here is useless the whole level is rock. i will now get the advanced radar and find it that way i hope, all he also needed to do was be a bit more descriptive.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The Guide on gamesradar is a good one.

You see them on your advanced radar too, only as blue points but its still possible to find some of them. The guide leads you to the journals and the ones on defending the arc are pretty easy, you have to REMEMBER the area in the picture, thats all. I found all the journals i missed with this guide.

So, the game is brand new and there are people that are saying the guide is horrible? Oh my god, you mean you have to play a bit on your own? Just Remember the damn place on the picture and its easy.

If you donīt write a better guide, you have no right to say such a thing, donīt be so ungrateful just because you are not able to find the journals with a guide.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!

Last edited by CoregBlue1; 01-24-2010 at 11:36 PM.
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #10
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Hey OP. Why don't you do something useful and constructive and make a better guide instead of whining about the available one.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #11
demon legato

demon legato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Using that guide I found all the journals with no problem. Some descriptions are bad but if you use the pictures it's really not that hard lol. Definitely not the worst guide out there
demon legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
Darth Rankine

Darth Rankine's Gamercard
Did I miss something??? Where is the link for this guide? At this point I'll take all the help I can get. Poor help is better then no help I guess.

Darth Rankine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #13
B3CKER

xB3CKER's Gamercard
Hey Man... I found those two Journals.

Tuddlefingers #7- It is on the plateau where the AA guns sit across from, but I did not find it on the ledge you walk over to the left and look down on(the area the guide showed). I found it further back. Once you see the plateau(this is the large one that sits level with the AA guns) land on the left side and head around the left wall working your way towards the AA gun placement...it's just around the first crevice bend.

L.M. - I found this one close to the center piece on the plateau which the Archon sits upon. It's very close to the three spires, almost just outside of its diameter. (still on the path towards the Archon)

Hope this helps.
B3CKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #14
reddevil63

Mumbo Jumbo UK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
Hey OP. Why don't you do something useful and constructive and make a better guide instead of whining about the available one.
Quality!

Every guide has someone moaning and whining, well if you don't like it then do it yourself!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #15
Suki

im not moaning and whining i am simply stating that if the guy gave better descriptios then it would be so much easier the one that got me wound up most was the first one on protecting the arc, all he need to put was 'as u approach the aa guns it is on the first small drop down at around 1 mtr deep drop down and on the left hand side in the corner as u look at the aa guns is the journal' , BAM would of found it in 2 minutes. Thats all im sayin.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #16
challinko

EPOSSTYLE's Gamercard
i need clarification.........after you beat the game and it gives you the advanced radar, are the journals showing up on this radar or are they still just hidden for you to find. only thing shows on my radar are the weapon caches and tech orbs.
i'm sick of playing this game i have all of the cheevs except this one.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
Suki

the radar does show the journals but not at distance u need to be basically quite close to see them on the radar.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #18
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
the radar does show the journals but not at distance u need to be basically quite close to see them on the radar.
I'm sure combined with the guide, it shouldn't be THAT hard.

Really not looking forward to finding them myself, they are placed in the craziest areas

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 AM   #19
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3CKER View Post
Hey Man... I found those two Journals.

Tuddlefingers #7- It is on the plateau where the AA guns sit across from, but I did not find it on the ledge you walk over to the left and look down on(the area the guide showed). I found it further back. Once you see the plateau(this is the large one that sits level with the AA guns) land on the left side and head around the left wall working your way towards the AA gun placement...it's just around the first crevice bend.

Hope this helps.
THANK YOU DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was having the hardest time finding this one, but you saved me.
ErmacVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #20
DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
Banned User

gqxshadow's Gamercard
I agree with a few people this dude had the decency to put a guide up it might not be perfect but atleast up there, if u dont plan to do one you should not lay bad remarks man.....
DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #21
Horwitz

MightyHorwitz's Gamercard
Though the pictures help, this descriptions are quite poor. I simply depend on the pictures to find what I need, and now I'm down to the last 4. Hopefully I can end this soon and get this overwith.
Horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #22
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
and it's spelled "collectibles"

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
i can't believe that after finding all the journals it won't unlock the achievement.

EDIT: got the last one, didn't see the single one i needed on the collector level.

Last edited by jason g; 03-16-2010 at 07:38 PM.
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #24
Suki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
and it's spelled "collectibles"
ppl like u make me litteralley laff out loud is this a spelling compation did u struggle to understund what u was reeding, why even post. All i was trying to say is if u r going to spend the time and effort to make a guide then just think for 1 minute the best way to describe where they r simple, if he had done that then loads of ppl wouldnt of wasted hours looking for badly described locations, when they can all be descibed very accurately and could of found them no problem without even looking at the pictures which were just as bad, mainly of rock, when all he needed to do was fly up as high as he could go and take an aerial shot looking down no confussion.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #25
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Quote:
Have you tried using achievement hunters guide?
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #26
Darth Rankine

Darth Rankine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONKER1182 View Post
Have you tried using achievement hunters guide? YouTube- Dark Void: Bookworm Achievement Guide Part One
Thanks Conker. That will help out once I get back to playing DV.

Darth Rankine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 AM   #27
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Rankine View Post
Thanks Conker. That will help out once I get back to playing DV.
UPDATE: Achievement hunter only made one achievement guide video for this achievement. This is the youtube achievement guide video that I`m currently using.
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote