PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
R a z z a

Send a message via MSN to R a z z a Send a message via Yahoo to R a z z a Send a message via Skype™ to R a z z a

CrowderPleaser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Question Best way to get high gamerscore?

Hi i was just wondering what the best way would be to get my gamerscore up. Atm i have been completeing the games i have. However what do you guys do to get your gamerscore's up? Do you just buy a lot of games or do you rent most of them?

Please give me a few tips Thanks.

R a z z a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Best way to get high...

Anywho, to answer your question.

Gamefly + http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=124704 = GAMERSCORE
Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
balance13

balance13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Rent lots of games like Avatar and follow the guides on this site.
balance13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Eiserner Juppie

Eiserner Juppie's Gamercard
If you just want to boost your gamerscore rent some of the "easy 1000" games which are listed in the thread posted above.

If you don't care about your completion percentage you can grab every game you want and get as much points as possible in a few days.
But if you are a completionist just look at the easy games thread and the guides on this site.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Get high with a little help from your friends. See if you can find someone to go halves on a game rental. Rent the easy 1000s, most of the time you'll get a two day rental, but sometimes it will be a 7 day.

My gamer score (aside from CSI) is all from games that I liked, though. I haven't hit the point where I have had to rent a gamerscore game yet, though.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #6
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
you dont have to 1000 a game, it would be easier for u to play thru games as most give u 700 odd points playing thru once, rather than spending a lot of hours replaying for those hard achievements. I personally like my completion but if you want it quick thats the best way
Old 01-26-2010, 03:50 AM   #7
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'm sure other people will post the same suggestions as the above ones... but I might try something else here.

Don't wory about it? Play games you like and if you like them enough, go for the 100% completion.

It's the only way to enjoy playing games rather than making them feel like a chore.

Unless, of course, you're in some kind of contest... then do what he, he, he, he, and he said. ^^^

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
Corporal Scar

Skorge 360's Gamercard
Just follow the information given by others.
Corporal Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #9
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Scar View Post
Just follow the information given by others.
Thank god for this post, without it, I'm quite sure the OP would be very confused as to what he should do.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
I M1K3Y B I

I M1K3Y B I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I generally buy the games that are going to take a while to finish and rent the easy ones.

The rental company i use is Lovefilm, and there 2 discs at a time, 4 in a month for £9.98 works out perfectly for me

| Games 100% Completed (Including All DLC): 358 |
| Retail: 199 | Arcade: 159 |

| Road To Seriously 3.0 |
| Level: 400 | Onyx Medals: 45/65 |
| Most Recent Medal : Leader |

| Completion Percentage: 90% |
| Most Recent Retail Completion: Robotics;Notes |
| Most Recent Arcade Completion: Bomberman LIVE |

I M1K3Y B I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #11
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I would recommend Gamefly and of course buying the games that you think you'll ultimately end up keeping for a while. Then use the guides here on the site, post to find people to help you boost online achievements that you need help getting in the Achievement Trading Threads, and check out the easy 1,000 games thread.

That's what I do!
BooseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #12
Sizzlebuzz

Cheating is a good way to get high gamerscore. Although, renting or buying cheap games also works well . Personally, I prefer the latter.

GHWT: Legit Bling Bling achievement .
Sizzlebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #13
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I never rented a game in my life.
Would have been 100K+ if I could though.

Just have fun in your games and complete the ones you like just as Skillet said.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #14
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Rentals and bargain bins are your best friend. Also try to borrow games, or go halves with someone. I don't know any real life people with consoles, so it works out expensive for me, as nobody to half with.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #15
Evil Blanka

SHINKU HAD0KEN's Gamercard
only way i know is to buy ,swap,rent or borrow as many decent games as poss and play them to death. it is poss to get a lot of g quickly my flatmate got nearly 15000 in a couple of weeks by playing a lot of my stuff but to buy them myself cost me a lot and i had to do so sporadically. if you got the cash buy second hand at shops boot sales or internet but try to play something you like. theres nout worse than playing a bunch of shit purely for g and hating yourself after. ive done that myself then if you got the games get a few mates in and boost for kills wins whatever you should start raking in g. the forums are full of people that will help with whatever you need, if you want any fighting game help message me if you want.
worms, street fighter 2 turbo, dash of destruction, virtual on, gunstar heroes, outrun online, soul calibur, portal still alive, golden axe, battlefield 1943, double dragon, super street fighter 2 turbo hd remix,
Evil Blanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #16
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
What I've started doing is I pasted the list of all-offline achievements games found HERE into Notepad and then organised it in order of completion time, instead of alphabetised. Now with my new lovefilm subscription I just pick a couple out of the 5-10 hours list and blaze through them, with no time wasted finding boosting partners

Beforehand I was just buying loads of pre-owned games, but that's definitely cost me more money than rentals and I now have a bunch of subpar games that need boosting because of it.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote