Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:40 AM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
January Subscriber Tournament

The tournament kicks off on Sunday, January 31 at noon PT/3pm ET/8pm GMT. This is a single elimination tournament so aim to be number one every single race! Prizes for the top two places and badges for the final four!

Overall Rules: Tuning is allowed with no restrictions as long as the final product meets the permitted vehicle type. Collisions are turned off. Track length is short.
Round 1:
Vehicle: Mini Cooper
Track: Fujimi Kaido, reversed
Laps: 1
Racers: (top 7 advance to next round)

Cru x360a (host)
Steve50013 (alternate host if Cru is unavailable)
VI JimJam
Matt x360a
LSM Spartan
DudeWithTheFace
JB x360a
Madhatters13
Gooner Keano

Round 2:
Vehicle: Any Class S Vehicle
Track: Iberian Circuit
Laps: 2
Racers: (top 5 advance to next round)

Round 3:
Vehicle: Any Class A Vehicle
Track: Rally Di Positano
Laps: 4
Racers: (top 4 advance to next round)

Round 4:
Vehicle: Any Maserati
Track: New York, reversed
Laps: 3
Racers: (top 3 advance to next round)

Round 5:
Vehicle: Any C Class
Track: Road America
Laps: 3
Racers: (top 2 advance to next round)

Final Round:
Vehicle: Any S Class
Track: Twin Ring Motegi, reversed
Laps: 1
Racers:

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 01-31-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:46 AM   #2
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Good Luck to all those who enter. Can't wait to see all the smack after the tourney is over.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
damn this is way more extravagant then i thought it was gonna be. Tuning allowed? well that pretty much eliminates me...

Do any of these tracks require you to use the second disc?

Last edited by MattDB87; 01-31-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Nice variety of tracks and cars there Creech. I just have one quick (and probably quite silly question). In the first race can we use either of the two available Mini Coopers?

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ I'm Radioactive! Radioactive! || Shiny orange MCD awards! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Keano

Location: The sinking ship that's full of shit and someone's nicked the oars
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Third Place   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Surely if it were any Maserati that would make it extremely unfair for those who've rarely played the game. I mean you could end up with people with R1 cars while others are stuck with S.

Or are we not allowed upgrades?

Last edited by Keano; 01-31-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatters13 View Post
Nice variety of tracks and cars there Creech. I just have one quick (and probably quite silly question). In the first race can we use either of the two available Mini Coopers?
Yes, either one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano View Post
Surely if it were any Maserati that would make it extremely unfair for those who've rarely played the game. I mean you could end up with people with R1 cars while others are stuck with S.

Or are we not allowed upgrades?
Who said life is fair? Any subscriber could see it was Forza 3 for at least two weeks, and it was pretty obvious for a week before that. If you were concerned about cars that would give you 3 weeks to play the game, and it only takes 100 hours to get the full 1000, less to unlock, buy, and upgrade all the cars you want.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Third Place   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Who said life is fair? Any subscriber could see it was Forza 3 for at least two weeks, and it was pretty obvious for a week before that. If you were concerned about cars that would give you 3 weeks to play the game, and it only takes 100 hours to get the full 1000, less to unlock, buy, and upgrade all the cars you want.
Fair enough, I'm not complaining. I've had the game since launch so it's not gonna affect me.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Fujimi Kaido, reversed is 10min a lap with minis.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 01-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
The first track (Fujimi Kaido) has no short version. And the full takes 12 mins, might need to lower that lap count or something.

EDIT: ya what steve said lol
Old 01-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Well shit, don't worry I guess guys, I didn't have time to Tune anything. and I can't now cause of this NBA LIVE 07 stuff. *cries*

<--Click to follow me on Twitter
Old 01-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da CRU Mughhh View Post
Well shit, don't worry I guess guys, I didn't have time to Tune anything. and I can't now cause of this NBA LIVE 07 stuff. *cries*
You have a good hour between the end of the NBA deal and the start of the Forza tournament. If that isn't enough time, well...too bad I guess. Keano will just have to kick your ass.

Thanks for the feedback on the tracks guys, I dropped that to one lap. A forty minute race isn't really the best experience I think.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
You have a good hour between the end of the NBA deal and the start of the Forza tournament. If that isn't enough time, well...too bad I guess. Keano will just have to kick your ass.

Thanks for the feedback on the tracks guys, I dropped that to one lap. A forty minute race isn't really the best experience I think.
LOL 40min race would be great

Old 01-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #13
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:

Maybe not in stupid mini coopers (thanks matt *rolls eyes*).

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #14
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
Maybe not in stupid mini coopers (thanks matt *rolls eyes*).
My Class A Mini Cooper is actually kinda fast
Old 01-31-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
Smashing Impacts

lsm warrior's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is going to be funny, I have only been playing this for an hour.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano View Post
My Class A Mini Cooper is actually kinda fast
The first race we aren't racing for first, we are racing to not be last

Old 01-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #17
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
The first race we aren't racing for first, we are racing to not be last
Fair point. I just hope everyone else is as clueless as me when it comes to tuning cars. I mdidn't think they made much of a difference but by what Cru's been saying it sounds like they actually do.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #18
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
This is definately going to be a good laugh. Best of luck everyone.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ I'm Radioactive! Radioactive! || Shiny orange MCD awards! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
Old 01-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #19
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

Well shit i can't seem to find my forza 3 disk. I'm still looking, but my head is SPINNING from this NBA LIVE 07 shit. argg give me a bit. I better find it i really really really want to race.

EDIT: Still can't find it, and I'm about to shoot someone This is the tourney i have been waiting for since well over a year. and now i can't find my fucking Disk.

Last edited by Da CRU Mughhh; 01-31-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #20
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Quote:
Well shit i can't seem to find my forza 3 disk. I'm still looking, but my head is SPINNING from this NBA LIVE 07 shit. argg give me a bit. I better find it i really really really want to race.

EDIT: Still can't find it, and I'm about to shoot someone This is the tourney i have been waiting for since well over a year. and now i can't find my fucking Disk.
I'll give you until 10min after the hour like we usually give people until I start inviting people. (so about 20min)

Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Smashing Impacts

lsm warrior's Gamercard

Quote:

You are hosting too!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #22
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

This is fucking unbelievable. I still can't find it. This is what i get for not practicing yesterday!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #23
Smashing Impacts

lsm warrior's Gamercard

That was funny, the Bugatti Veyron is awful.

I would have stayed but someone on my friend's list offered me the 10th place for the achievement on Fifa 10. At least I didn't finish last.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM Spartan View Post
That was funny, the Bugatti Veyron is awful.

I would have stayed but someone on my friend's list offered me the 10th place for the achievement on Fifa 10. At least I didn't finish last.
That Veyron was shit and next time i will bring a mic to the party.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #25
Smashing Impacts

lsm warrior's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB x360a View Post
That Veyron was shit and next time i will bring a mic to the party.
The first corner lost me the race, awful car.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
I was doing ok and i didn't realise that the bottom three went out, hit the bloody bollards and that was me done. lol
Old 01-31-2010, 09:08 PM   #27
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

First Round
Elimination:
Cru x360a (No Show)
VI JimJam (No Show)

Round 2:
Elimination:
7th LSM Spartan
6th
JB x360a

Round 3:
Elimination:
5th Dudewiththeface

Round 4:
Elimination:
Tournament 4th place: Matt x360a

Round 5:
Elimination:
Tournament 3rd Place Gooner Keano

Final Round:
Elimination:
Tournament 2nd place Steve50013

Tournament Winner:
Madhatter13

Last edited by Steve50013; 01-31-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #28
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Good stuff guys. Tournament was good fun except the bloody Mini's lol. Shouldn't have picked the Infiniti in the penultimate race though, shocking acceleration.

I'm happy with 3rd, thought I'd do a lot worse tbh. Congratulations to Madhatters on winning and Steve for second.

EDIT* Loving the pretty colours in your post, Steve

Last edited by Keano; 01-31-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #29
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

If only I didn't flip my Maserati, i would of won.... I WOULD OF WON!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:37 PM   #30
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Sounds like good times were had! Steve, thanks for taking charge. I will get the badges out this week, but they are queued up behind all the NBA Live 07 badges, so it may be a touch longer than normal.

Madhatter and Steve, prizes can be selected from the following:

Halo 3 ODST Sgt Johnson Redemption Code
Boggle
Madballs
Sorry Sliders
Texas Cheat 'Em
Football Genius - The Ultimate Quiz
Inferno Pool

PM me your choice and I will get you the appropriate code.

Closed Thread