Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #31
Smashing Impacts

lsm warrior's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well done guys. It was fun and as I said, I left to get a Fifa 10 achievement.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #32
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Thanks for the congrats guys. It was great fun throughout. Congrats to Steve, Keano and Matt for 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Could I have Madballs Creech. Thanks.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~

Last edited by HadMatters13; 01-31-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:26 PM   #33
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Congrats all,

I'll take inferno pool, if not sorry sliders.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2

Last edited by Steve50013; 01-31-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:43 PM   #34
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
First Round

Elimination:
Cru x360a (No Show)
I am new to these tourneys but has this ever happened before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
Round 2:
Elimination:
6th JB x360a
Very good fun, but i feel i could and will do better next time.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #35
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB x360a View Post
yes, all the time, ppl don't show, it happens.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #36
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:

Very good fun, but i feel i could and will do better next time.

It happens all the time

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 02-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #37
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Congrats to the winners.

again I'm very sorry that i couldn't' show up, I still have yet to find my forza CD. I have no idea where it has gone. I'm very upset at this, as i have been waiting forever to play this game as a tourney game, and I expressed my opinion about this game and how it should be set up hardcore, only not to find my CD. *sobs* If it wasn't for NBA LIVE taking up all my morning i would have went out and bought another copy. can't do that 10mins before the tourney starts

congrats again hope you all had fun

<--Click to follow me on Twitter
Old 02-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #38
Smashing Impacts

lsm warrior's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
It is bound to. For example, CRU not being able to find the Forza 3 disc and the problems Scrubs had.

Thanks to this tournament, I have 185g on Forza 3. Hadn't played it before tonight and have had about 2 hours gameplay.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #39
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM Spartan View Post
It is bound to. For example, CRU not being able to find the Forza 3 disc and the problems Scrubs had.

Thanks to this tournament, I have 185g on Forza 3. Hadn't played it before tonight and have had about 2 hours gameplay.
Yea, sucks that i wasn't able to join a tourney again. I think i was able to withdraw instead of being eliminated.
I just feel bad for Cru because i feel like I contributed to her being late for the tourney. I was in the room when she was trying to leave but so many people kept on coming in. Hopefully we can participate in the next tourney right?
Should be xbla game right? Should because i still have 800 msp

Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #40
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I wish I would have joined but I was still sorting through NBA live participants at Noon. I need to get involved in one of these soon.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #41
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
No 4th place badge? It was advertised at the start that there will be a 4th place badge, so it would only be fair for me to get one. I'd understand making this new rule at the start of the next months tournament, but at the end of this one with me having no idea?

Last edited by MattDB87; 02-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #42
Cacky

Send a message via AIM to Cacky Send a message via MSN to Cacky

True Intent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Runner Up   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDB87 View Post
No 4th place badge?
I was talking to Minty the other day, and he said that badges will only be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #43
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
No 4th place badge? It was advertised at the start that there will be a 4th place badge, so it would only be fair for me to get one. I'd understand making this new rule at the start of the next months tournament, but at the end of this one with me having no idea?
i edited above.

Last edited by MattDB87; 02-06-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #44
Cacky

Send a message via AIM to Cacky Send a message via MSN to Cacky

True Intent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Runner Up   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Quote:
i edited above.
If you're that worried about it, PM one of the Admins, or Creech.

Last edited by Cacky; 02-06-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #45
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Because 7 people turned out. Seven. A badge for over 50% of the people who enter isn't what it's about. Tbh, I was only going to give out a badge for first for this one. The badges have become a joke.

Due to inconsistant turn outs, there will be a change to the sub tournies. We won't be handing out badges every month for the sake of people turning up. We will be making the official tournaments less frequent, altho there will still be sub tournies each month, badges will only be every 2 or 3 months, if we get a better turnout.

If you feel unjustified, we can delete all 4th placed badges if you'd rather

Old 02-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #46
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I've only got one tourney badge, and it was for fourth place, but I wouldn't mind if you took it away. Badges should be given to top three only.

I do have an issue with these tournaments though, although I suppose nothing can really be done about it. I'd personally play in every tournament if I had the game being played, but for the most part I don't (which is really messed up considering I own around 70 games). I could rent the games, but if I'm playing against people who own the game and have had time to get good at it then it's not a fair match so I don't bother.

Also, please exclude games that involve luck. I guess someone could argue than any shooter includes luck (spawns) but I'm talking about games such Uno and the like.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #47
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Because 7 people turned out. Seven. A badge for over 50% of the people who enter isn't what it's about. Tbh, I was only going to give out a badge for first for this one. The badges have become a joke.

Due to inconsistant turn outs, there will be a change to the sub tournies. We won't be handing out badges every month for the sake of people turning up. We will be making the official tournaments less frequent, altho there will still be sub tournies each month, badges will only be every 2 or 3 months, if we get a better turnout.

If you feel unjustified, we can delete all 4th placed badges if you'd rather
But don't you think if you say at the start of the tournament that there will be badges handed out to the top 4, that the top 4 should get badges? Not the top 3. Just deciding to get rid of the 4th place badge a week after the tourney doesn't seem fair. It would of made sense to announce this at the start of next months tournament and not have it affect January's. Or you should of told creech or something to say if there are less then 10 people there will be no 4th place badge before we did the forza 3 tournament. I just think i should get my 4th place badge then the rule will go into affect at February's tournament. It only seems fair, badges are a big deal to me.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:51 AM   #48
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
It seems the decision has been made, just get over it. I've never seen so much bitching about an award when you've done nothing that deserves an award.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #49
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
It seems the decision has been made, just get over it. I've never seen so much bitching about an award when you've done nothing that deserves an award.
Come on man i got nothing against you, but did you even have to post that. Its not your say on whether i deserve anything.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:30 AM   #50
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:
Its not your say on whether i deserve anything.
I always laugh when people say things like this. I don't need to be in a position of power to comment on the situation, and in this situation I feel an award for coming in 4th place out of seven people is unwarranted. Basically, I agree with Minty. And like I said, from the sound of it the decision has been made. You can either continue to complain, which doesn't look good on you, or just get over it- it's not a big deal at all.

I will say one thing in your defense though - a rule change should not come in effect until the next time. But then again, maybe it's "not my say" on that either.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #51
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I always laugh when people say things like this. I don't need to be in a position of power to comment on the situation, and in this situation I feel an award for coming in 4th place out of seven people is unwarranted. Basically, I agree with Minty. And like I said, from the sound of it the decision has been made. You can either continue to complain, which doesn't look good on you, or just get over it- it's not a big deal at all.

I will say one thing in your defense though - a rule change should not come in effect until the next time. But then again, maybe it's "not my say" on that either.
that was one of my points, at least do it next month and not for one that has already taken place.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #52
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Quote:
It only seems fair, badges are a big deal to me.
Well do something to earn a 'proper' one then if they mean that much to you. The awards are meant to be for helping the site, like submitting road maps or guides. If they mean that much to you, try doing those instead of spamming your way to 1000 posts

End of the day, I have chosen to stop doing the 4th place badges. As I said earlier- 2nd and 3rd only just survived this as well. I still think it's a joke that 40% of the people that enter get a badge. It's ridiculous. I warned a while back that something needed to be done, so now I've done it. Could it have waited? Possibly. Have I had a lot of subscribers complaining about it? Yep. Seriouly though, look at any sporting event. Have you ever seen a podium with 4th place on it? Or how about we say in advance if theres below 10 people, no badges?

No offense, but stop moaning about something so trivial. If you had a 1st badge removed, then yeah you may have a point. But 4th? Out of 7? Dakisbac pretty much summed it up entirely and yet you still moaned.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #53
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
So....what's the official word on the tourneys? Badges every few months or 1st, 2nd and 3rd place every month.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Old 02-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #54
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
So....what's the official word on the tourneys? Badges every few months or 1st, 2nd and 3rd place every month.
I think it's 1st 2nd 3rd as long as 10+ people participate.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #55
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
Well do something to earn a 'proper' one then if they mean that much to you. The awards are meant to be for helping the site, like submitting road maps or guides. If they mean that much to you, try doing those instead of spamming your way to 1000 posts

End of the day, I have chosen to stop doing the 4th place badges. As I said earlier- 2nd and 3rd only just survived this as well. I still think it's a joke that 40% of the people that enter get a badge. It's ridiculous. I warned a while back that something needed to be done, so now I've done it. Could it have waited? Possibly. Have I had a lot of subscribers complaining about it? Yep. Seriouly though, look at any sporting event. Have you ever seen a podium with 4th place on it? Or how about we say in advance if theres below 10 people, no badges?

No offense, but stop moaning about something so trivial. If you had a 1st badge removed, then yeah you may have a point. But 4th? Out of 7? Dakisbac pretty much summed it up entirely and yet you still moaned.
Its all about being honest. Everyone went into that tournament expecting the top 4 to get badges. Because thats what they were told and thats how its been. Whats the big deal that there was only 8 people. There would not of been one person that would of complained saying that there was only 8! 50% of the people getting badges is crazy! Thats just ridiculous. If tournament badges are not "proper" then why have them? Because tournaments don't really help the site, other then getting people to subscribe so they can participate in them. But i'm sure that will decrease with rules being implemented like this. Badges are just something to look at, you are making it sound like you and the site are losing out on money or something because your handing out sooo many because of tournaments. I love yuh minty and this site. I got nothing against you. I really don't want there to be any bad blood. I just wish this could of been told to everyone, especially me a little better. It just really sucks it had to happen to me. I do pay the site every month. I know its only 10 dollars, but i think i deserve a little better treatment then this... Now can i have a badge for complaining too much? Something? Anything to fill this void inside me? Alright, ttyl, Closed...

Last edited by MattDB87; 02-07-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #56
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
If tournament badges are not "proper" then why have them?
Hmmm, good point. Maybe we should delete them all

Quote:
Badges are just something to look at
Exactly, so why are you moaning like a 4 year old? Seriously, we did the badges and you've bitched non-stop since. If there's a way to get something you're after....it's not that way, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter
Well, I can't be arsed to go through this again . So do a major retail game that everyone has every 3 months and we'll do a badge for that, rest of the time it's for bragging rights. We'll see how that goes for a while, and what happens to the awards in general.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #57
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
Hmmm, good point. Maybe we should delete them all

Exactly, so why are you moaning like a 4 year old? Seriously, we did the badges and you've bitched non-stop since. If there's a way to get something you're after....it's not that way, trust me.

Well, I can't be arsed to go through this again . So do a major retail game that everyone has every 3 months and we'll do a badge for that, rest of the time it's for bragging rights. We'll see how that goes for a while, and what happens to the awards in general.

So what way should i go to get what i'm after? Don't you think doing this will make even less turn outs for tournaments? I think it will.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #58
Sirius

Sirius x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
I'm guessing there will be an announcement of sorts when the official tournaments start? *cough* official halo 2 tourney in march *cough*

But seriously matt, it's a damn 50x50 pixel graphic for Christ sake. Just drop it and stop badgehunting. It's not your decision and bitching to the admins and then saying it's going to ruin turnouts is not the best way to present your case. Let it go.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #59
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Anyone want to place bets on the races?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #60
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Quote:
So what way should i go to get what i'm after? Don't you think doing this will make even less turn outs for tournaments? I think it will.
Quote:
Posting the same exact think a half hour later definitely won't get you what you want either.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Closed Thread