PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > BioShock 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #91
Jeff

Capture the sister doesn't seem to unlock. Does have to be the vent listed meters away?
I grabbed her and made a dash for it and placed her in any of the vents found... no achievement.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #92
MADxMONK3Y NL

CkY Avenger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Capture the sister doesn't seem to unlock. Does have to be the vent listed meters away?
I grabbed her and made a dash for it and placed her in any of the vents found... no achievement.
You mean 'Mother Goose'?

If so:
When you capture the little sister, you got to bring it to the vent that is marked on your screen. Hold 'A' to capture it and the achievement is yours!

My question is:
I just completed the story and still got some achievements to deal with (Trap Master, Look at you hacker). Do they still count when I start a new story on Hard?

I don't think so. But..maybe?

People who still have questions, message me!

MADxMONK3Y
- UT3 (Ranked 500 matches achievement) / Prey
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Born: 1992
Still Alive: 2011
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
R*Games fan since '98
MADxMONK3Y NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #93
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Fizz you may want to proof read this guide, I found an extreme amount of grammer problems. At least 5 or so and all I have read was the road map. Spell check won't help you, you have errors like "to" instead of "too" and some words are completely off. It's almost as if you wrote this on a phone with T9!
Yep i need to proof read the road map . Unlike most people i just write then go back and re-read what i wrote and correct my mistakes. I find it easier that way.

I shall be proofing it today and finishing off the final touches to the guide as well.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #94
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard
just finished the game and let Grace,the reporter and Gil all live and rescued all little sisters.....no achievement

maybe one day i will give it another go,dunno when though with AvP out next week

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #95
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMONK3Y NL View Post
You mean 'Mother Goose'?

If so:
When you capture the little sister, you got to bring it to the vent that is marked on your screen. Hold 'A' to capture it and the achievement is yours!
The odd thing is it counted as a win. I'll give it another go ahead and btw the stats on a new save are reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicorphan View Post
just finished the game and let Grace,the reporter and Gil all live and rescued all little sisters.....no achievement

maybe one day i will give it another go,dunno when though with AvP out next week
You probably offed Stanley. I don't blame ya but for next time...
"Saved every Little Sister and spared Grace, Stanley and Gil."

Last edited by Jeff; 02-11-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #96
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard
Stanley being the reporter...i had just forgotten his name,i left him in the station booth

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #97
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMONK3Y NL View Post
You mean 'Mother Goose'?

If so:

My question is:
I just completed the story and still got some achievements to deal with (Trap Master, Look at you hacker). Do they still count when I start a new story on Hard?

I don't think so. But..maybe?

People who still have questions, message me!

MADxMONK3Y
To the answer to your question, unfortunately no. I had the same problem, but I started a new game on easy. I hacked everything and always had a bot (if not two) with me. Every time I got to an enemy I let the bot do all the damage.
With the traps just fire the traps at the enemy instead of laying them on the ground. You can get them both quite quickly. I wouldn't do it on hard, it would be very difficult to get 50 kills from ONLY hacked security as you cannot damage them. Try buying the decoy plasmid so they don't attack you whilst your bot damages them.

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #98
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i have a stupid question. my english is horrible. to get brass ball do you have to have the option Dissable vita-chamber: [on] or off. does it start ass bieng off does taht mean dissable? or do ou have to do it manually?
guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #99
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo316 View Post
i have a stupid question. my english is horrible. to get brass ball do you have to have the option Dissable vita-chamber: [on] or off. does it start ass bieng off does taht mean dissable? or do ou have to do it manually?
You don't need to disable them but if you want them off turn the settings to ON. Seeing as it's called turn off vita chambers.

What they should have done is have the options setup as Vita Chambers: ON - OFF rather than calling it disable vita chambers.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 02-12-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 AM   #100
guillermo316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
You don't need to disable them but if you want them off turn the settings to ON. Seeing as it's called turn off vita chambers.

What they should have done is have the options setup as Vita Chambers: ON - OFF rather than calling it disable vita chambers.
thank you for the answer, when i re-read my post, i was like no one is going to be able to understand this, thank
Old 02-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #101
corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost's Gamercard
I think I'm beyond pist at the developers right now. Again, they fuck me over by stopping the appearance of an enemy type before i can max the research track. I'm guessing once you're in Fontaine Futuristics (or even the area before it) that the "Brute" Splicers just disappear forever?

corrosivefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:28 AM   #102
guillermo316

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosivefrost View Post
I think I'm beyond pist at the developers right now. Again, they fuck me over by stopping the appearance of an enemy type before i can max the research track. I'm guessing once you're in Fontaine Futuristics (or even the area before it) that the "Brute" Splicers just disappear forever?
idk if you played MP, but once it frezzes on you, you'll be pissed that they havent patched it yet!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #103
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
I haven't seen the brutes at that point in the game. If you're careful you can get full research out of 5 enemies if you keep up a good combination of attacks. The only enemy you should have real issue researching are the big sisters.

All i can say is if you have a previous say revert back to it, if not you will need to start over and be more careful the second time around.

*EDIT*

After i typed that a Brute popped up, so yeah you will run into them later on.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 02-12-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #104
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Quote:
Fuck.

I went through the whole of Dionysus Park last night and didn't see them and I was thinking it was just that area. I only need 1 more to max out the research.

Luckily I've got a save at the end of Siren Alley so hopefully I'll be able to find another one, just pissed that I'll have to go through that whole Dionysus Park area again.

Also, with the Big Sisters do you NEED to photo every single one of them or can you afford to miss one or two when they turn up? I missed one in Siren Alley that turned up after I rescued a little sister, and my save is after that point.

Any hints about getting the most from the research? Does attacking them with the ammot ype they're weakest against gain you more points? Does it make a lot of difference if I switch weapons and plasmids and get a few shots with everything?

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #105
deathreaper99

Location: A place were less than 500 people live and located far away from shitty society

deathman99's Gamercard
Counterattack - 5

for that one instead of the rumbler I found one of those rocket turrent and destroyed it in one shot instead of the rumbler. Just adding if the rumbler to hard for people.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #106
Mohabus

Mohabus's Gamercard
To clear up any possible confusion regarding the research achievements, alpha series aren't big daddies (they never appear with little sisters, and are only referred to as "alpha series"). Also, include rumblers alongside rosies and bouncers, as they count towards big daddy research.

Again, great guide, and I'll add anything else that comes to mind.

Edit: Seeing as someone will surely disagree with my first sentence, let me clarify: Alpha series, as pertaining to research, are not *classified* as big daddies.

Last edited by Mohabus; 02-12-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Mohabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #107
Spawn 0f Hell

Jamie Russell 1's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post

Grand Daddy - 25
Defeat 3 Big Daddies without dying during the fight.

If you are playing on the easier difficulties you shouldn't have any issues killing three Big Daddies. Keep moving and use your Plasmids with your main attack to take down a Big Daddy. If you dye while fighting a Big Daddy you will need to start over.
Should say "If you die while fighting..."

Minor point I know but the guides so good it seems a shame to have a little mistake like this.

Spawn 0f Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #108
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
A few suggestions on addons to this.

+ Details on when plasmids are gifts (where/how you get them)

+ Where enemies stop appearing in the game so people don't miss research

+ On hard mode w/out vita chambers I must use bots/hacks constantly giving me the 50 bot kills in level four, very easily. You just make sure you know where a bot shut off is, and get a cameras attention or hack something in the red/orange on purpose. Bots are sent after you, run to turn it off and hack them. If they die, go do it again. Its infinite. You can gain machine gun ammo this way too if you don't hack them.

+ Details on ADAM. I see lots of cool powers and such, will I have enough ADAM to get most/all of them if I am saving the sisters? Also, on hard mode what are the best tonics and upgrades to get?

+ Tips/best ways of defeating big daddy and big sister? There are achievements for them without dying. I had to do this on hard mode without vita chambers. I have not found any tips on beating them easier. My method has been electric zap and drilling them.

+ Maybe add that you can save up atom and buy all slots for plasmids then reload if you didn't really want them (didnt need power)

+ The collectibles guide is a godsend and its the only thing I've been needing to use. Link that in the Power of People since they have those in that guide as well.

+ Clarity: does colleting adam from the little sisters when you harvest/save them count as "gathering"
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #109
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Yeah those jerks for making making research in this game an achievement! I mean really what's an achievement anyways!? I'm going back to backyard football and avatar, now those developers are awesome! They know how to please us gamers! Screw you Bioshock 2 and your achievements for actually being achievements!

If you want to be mad consult whatever guide you've been reading and take it out on them for not including the info. It's not up to the developers to make your achievement gaining their priority. If you're frusterated, there's more contstructive ways to show it in a thread, such as replying in the guide section and suggesting an update on when research subjects stop appearing.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #110
koopi

koopi's Gamercard
Quote:
They come again a little later in the game! I was afraid of that too, but I maxed out Brute research a bit later ...

But I still need Big Daddy! I only need two lines in level 4 research of Big Daddies, but I can't seem to find any. I have dealt with every little sister, but I can't find the LAST Big Daddy I need for full research!

koopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #111
WOBBLY LEG MAN

WOBBLY LEG MAN's Gamercard
Easy way to defeat big daddy/big sisters is to freeze them and drill them. Rinse and repeat, they can hardly move.
WOBBLY LEG MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #112
Corallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopi View Post
They come again a little later in the game! I was afraid of that too, but I maxed out Brute research a bit later ...

But I still need Big Daddy! I only need two lines in level 4 research of Big Daddies, but I can't seem to find any. I have dealt with every little sister, but I can't find the LAST Big Daddy I need for full research!
There are no more Big Daddies in Outer Persephone and inner Persephone with the exception of the Alpha series

Corallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #113
Einchy

So in what gametype can I get the Disgusting Frankenstein achievement?
Einchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:35 AM   #114
WereTh3Massacre

WereTh3Massacre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Yeah those jerks for making making research in this game an achievement! I mean really what's an achievement anyways!? I'm going back to backyard football and avatar, now those developers are awesome! They know how to please us gamers! Screw you Bioshock 2 and your achievements for actually being achievements!

If you want to be mad consult whatever guide you've been reading and take it out on them for not including the info. It's not up to the developers to make your achievement gaining their priority. If you're frusterated, there's more contstructive ways to show it in a thread, such as replying in the guide section and suggesting an update on when research subjects stop appearing.
Please spare him the sarcasm. You have Avatar and dozens upon dozens of easy, shitty-ass, bargain-bin games on your profile. Clearly him wishing that research wasnt an achievement is not much different than you thanking the Gaming Gods that things like Avatar exist.

As they say, anyone with Avatar automatically makes their GS null. Kudos for the high GS, but with Avatar in the batch it all becomes void to me.

Anyway, I agree with including information on whether or not we will find FREE plasmids/tonics. Instead, OP lists the "first time" we will stumble upon a plasmid. I wanna know whether or not Decoy is worth buying, or will I regret it and find out that later we can find it for free?

And definitely include some tips on research. Maybe what weapons/plasmids give you the most research points for each enemy, etc.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 AM   #115
ShadowedIce

shadowedice's Gamercard
Ughh! Darn you 9-irony. I actually saw the golf club in the corner and shot it at the mechanical Adam as a joke. Unfortunately he was already partially destroyed at not at his head.
ShadowedIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #116
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Brilliant guide for such a short time, I'll be using it muchly when my copy of the game arrived.

Seraph Xii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #117
WilliamRLBaker

Send a message via AIM to WilliamRLBaker Send a message via MSN to WilliamRLBaker Send a message via Yahoo to WilliamRLBaker

williamrlbaker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereTh3Massacre View Post
Please spare him the sarcasm. You have Avatar and dozens upon dozens of easy, shitty-ass, bargain-bin games on your profile. Clearly him wishing that research wasnt an achievement is not much different than you thanking the Gaming Gods that things like Avatar exist.

As they say, anyone with Avatar automatically makes their GS null. Kudos for the high GS, but with Avatar in the batch it all becomes void to me.

Anyway, I agree with including information on whether or not we will find FREE plasmids/tonics. Instead, OP lists the "first time" we will stumble upon a plasmid. I wanna know whether or not Decoy is worth buying, or will I regret it and find out that later we can find it for free?

And definitely include some tips on research. Maybe what weapons/plasmids give you the most research points for each enemy, etc.
the official rules of achievement whoring are that such games are perfectly valid, boosting is valid, the only real rules in achievement gaining accepted on a universal scale is you have to get them your self, and no achievement hacking.
WilliamRLBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #118
Ionus

Nezron's Gamercard
Thanks for the excellent guide
Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #119
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
tis a great guide i only wish all guides had to be split into the different catagories headings such as Story, fighting/kills / multiplayer and collectables instead of them all being mixed through all over the place
Old 02-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #120
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

[QUOTE=WereTh3Massacre;2782483]Please spare him the sarcasm. You have Avatar and dozens upon dozens of easy, shitty-ass, bargain-bin games on your profile. Clearly him wishing that research wasnt an achievement is not much different than you thanking the Gaming Gods that things like Avatar exist.

I don't care if Avatar existed or not. The point wasn't about easy games, it was about complaints and profanity against a company that worked hard on a great game. I was sarcastic because it's better than insulting people directly. I know I have some lame games on my list a lot of people do. You liked Dash of Destruction enough to get 200 in it or were you going for achievement points ? I enjoy having some easy games inbetween the tougher ones. Everyone has an equal oppurtunity for points when it comes to games, so Avatar does not void anything. I beat ME2 on insanity first playthrough all points, then I got 1000 in mini ninjas. Then Godfather 2 1000, now I'm working on Bio2 hard no vita chambers. After/inbetwene guess what? It's Ben 10 time then on to Darksiders. It doesn't matter what games people play they just shouldn't be so vulgar. For one, I got the Brute Splicer researched and then killed 5 or 6 more after. It's not the companies fault he didnt have his camera. 2nd, he's probably gonna run through it again anyways to pick up the other achievements.