PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Chime
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Megaten

Send a message via AIM to Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Let's have a merry chat about Chime achievements :)

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10 (depending on puzzle-game skill)
-Offline: 12 (200)
-Online: 0 (0)
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 5-20 hours (again, very dependent on skill)
-Minimum number of play-throughs needed: 2
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No
-Glitchy achievements: Maybe (Ultimate Champion is still a little vague)
-Unobtainable achievements: No

Step #1: Fairy Godmother and Time Mode
As soon as you start the game up you'll be awarded a free 50 achievement for your purchase of this game. Once you're at the menu, select Time Mode and being trying to get at least 50% completion on all stages during any of the time limits (3, 6 or 9 minutes). Each stage unlocks when you've gotten that minimum on the previous stage.

Step #2: Free Mode and Achievement Clean-up
Once your first play-through of Time Mode is complete, jump into Free Mode and load up each level for a second. This will get you the "Explorer" achievement. After this is done, you can jump between modes trying to get the various other achievements. What is likely to be the easiest spot for most achievements is in the 9 minute Time Mode. By playing here you're assuring that all the points you'd be earning while making quads will count towards your "Big Bucks" achievement. "Ultimate Champion" is most certainly going to be the toughest achievement to get in the game as mentioned before. Getting 100% coverage on all the maps when starting with only 3 minutes is no easy task. A fair bit of luck will help with getting 'better' blocks at the right time, so keep practicing and trying until this achievement is yours.

Conclusion:
Overall, Chime is a very fun puzzle/rhythm game with some cool music and engaging gameplay. Even though some will have trouble getting the full 200 on this thanks in large part to the "Ultimate Champion" achievement, it's still a worthwhile purchase even for us cheevie whores. That your money is going to a good cause should be motivation enough to pick up this clever little 5 dollar game.

Fairy Godmother
- 50 - You've done a great thing and made the world a better place. Here's a little gift!
---------------

This achievement will unlock as soon as you load up the game and create your save data.

Quick Off the Blocks - 10 - Create a quad before the beatline has made its first pass of the level.
---------------

The basic idea of Chime is to create 'quads', block segments that are at least 3x3 blocks in size. Simply create a quad before the first beatline (the white line that scrolls over the board) passes through.

The Juggler - 5 - Have 3 active quads onscreen at once.
---------------

You must have 3 active quads going at once. An easy way to get this achievement is to go ahead and set up three near-complete quads next to each other that you'll be able to finish with one more shape each and finish them all in rapid succession.

The Musician - 15 - Find 6 different quad sounds on a level. Quads can be square, wide or tall, and either small or big.
---------------

To get this achievement, you'll need to create 6 quads of varying sizes. Just jump into the first level on 9 minute Time Mode and take your time making quads of different heights and widths and this should pop easily enough. Some people are having trouble with this. I've seen someone else mention writing down a list of varying quad sizes (3x3, 3x4, 4x4, 5x6) and crossing them off as you go along. I agree this may help some who are having trouble with this. If you play in Free Mode or 9 minute mode enough this should come naturally without trying most likely, however.

The Beast - 10 - Create a quad containing 80 cells or more.
---------------

A 'cell' is just one of the blocks that make up the grid. All you need to do is make one quad that's 80 blocks total. One way to do this is again on the first level or two. Try to make a long quad that stretches from the left side of the grid to the right. By focusing only one one side, you'll make the quad easier to manage. It's a lot easier to only worry about filling 3 or 4 cells to continue your quad's timer vs. expanding both sides and needing to worry about more than that. You'll actually very likely get this achievement while trying to get "The Snake" achievement, as that requires this exact method to unlock.

Composer
- 5 - Completely fill the grid in Free Mode.
---------------

Once you've tried a level in Time Mode you'll be able to go and play it in Free Mode. Keep filling up the grid with quads until the entire grid is marked and the achievement will pop.

Explorer
- 5 - Play all the levels in both Time Mode and Free Mode.
---------------

In order to move on to the next level in Time Mode you'll have to cover at least 50% of the grid using quads. Once you've gotten 50% coverage on all 5 levels in Time Mode you can jump over to Free Mode and play each one to unlock the achievement. In Free Mode you simply need to load up the level and play for a few seconds, then back out.

Ultimate Champion
- 35 - Get 100% coverage or more on every level in 3 minute mode.
---------------

This achievement requires you to get at least 100% coverage on each stage while playing in the lowest time limit, 3 minutes. This is easily the hardest achievement in the game as certain stages such as Ooh Yeah have more obscure shapes than others and the 3 minute time limit is very short. Keep practicing each stage, learning the most effective ways to use the various shapes on each one and eventually you'll be able to unlock this achievement. One tip for those who are having trouble seeing the coverage - if you hold the Y button, it will fade the current blocks out of the way and only show the coverage.

This achievement also seems to be glitched. I've received this achievement without doing the supposed requirements. Maybe what you need to do is get 100% on a song's grid over the course of many playthroughs - in other words, maybe clear one half of the grid during one playthrough, and the other half in another to get a cumulative 100%. The final song by Lemon Jelly tends to be the one most people haven't gotten 100% on and the achievement still pops, so it's fairly safe to say you'll need 100% on the first 4 songs at least still. Note that this is just speculation at this point, but myself and others have had the achievement pop under different circumstances so I'll be updating this as soon as the exact nature of the achievement is resolved.

Last edited by Megaten; 04-13-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Megaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Fast Mover - 15 - Create 7 quads on the grid in one pass of the beatline.
---------------

This achievement is fairly easy if you use the same method as seen with "The Juggler" achievement. Go to the first stage and set up 7 near-complete quads. Once the line starts over, quickly fill in the final 'cell' of each quad to complete the 3x3 shape.

Juggle Master
- 15 - Build up a score multiplier of 25 or more.
---------------

To get this achievement you'll need to make 25 quads in a row without breaking your streak. Your streak can be broken when you lose unused pieces to the beatline. Each time the beatline passes over a piece that isn't being used, it drains a bit of its 'health' away. If you notice a piece flashing, that means the next time the beatline hits the piece it'll disappear and take with it your multiplier bonus. I again suggest using Brazil for this achievement.

Big Bucks
- 15 - Score a total of 50 million points.
---------------

A cumulative achievement, once you've gained 50 million points throughout the course of playing the game this will unlock. You can check how many points you've scored so far when you finish a level.

The Snake
- 20 - Create a single quad that covers the entire width of the grid on every level.
---------------

You need to create one long quad from the left to the right side of the grid on each level in the game. As I suggested on "The Beast" achievement, try to only make this quad have a height of 3 cells. This makes it much easier to continue building upon.

Last edited by Megaten; 02-06-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
deathchant

T0rtureTactics's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
sorry if you take this the wrong way, i am not intending on attacking you...
what is with the early road maps/guides? you are still missing 3 achievements, yet you have rated it a 6/10 difficulty? as well as having 5-15 hours for completion? first off, i dont think its possible to do in 5 hours. im also not bragging by any means, but i am pretty good at puzzle games, and this is more difficult than a 6/10 for most gamers.

deathchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathchant View Post
what is with the early road maps/guides? you are still missing 3 achievements, yet you have rated it a 6/10 difficulty? as well as having 5-15 hours for completion? first off, i dont think its possible to do in 5 hours. im also not bragging by any means, but i am pretty good at puzzle games, and this is more difficult than a 6/10 for most gamers.
I thought this same thing but then i figured who cares. I do agree though that its not really indicative of how hard or easy the game is if you havent done all the achievements yourself. I hate puzzle games but i wind up playing them if i can get them on twitter and elsewhere for free. I usually don't give up on xbla 200s but since i don't have a puzzlers logic to see shapes I am giving up on this game's last achievement.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh, no offense taken! I only put the guide up because I came here looking for one myself but didn't see anything, so I just thought it might be helpful for some other users to see any tips I had come up with until this point. And you're right, I'm still missing the 50 million achievement and the 100% achievement, but those two sounded more-or-less straight-forward so I thought I'd go ahead and write about them a tad. As for the 5-15 hours bit and 6/10, I'd call those more placeholders than anything. I'd imagine there are great puzzle gamers out there who could do it in 5 hours - I'm averaging 1million points every time I play For Silence on the 3 minute mode, and that takes ~6 minutes for me. 6x50 being 300 minutes = 5 hours. I put that as the minimum because it sounds about the fastest you could do the 50 mil achievement, and I'm sure a few gamers out there could have gotten the 100% cheevie within that time too. Hell, lots on the leaderboards have 200 so far so I was just leaving that there as what I thought could be the absolute, bare bones time. 15 hours being the max was what I was just assuming would take to learn the levels and block patterns enough to get it for the rest of us. I wouldn't say those are all that off-base, a bit of an educated guess maybe.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
kookyscientist

kookyscientist's Gamercard
The 100%-ach is a real beast. I got it on the 1st level but the later levels seem nearly impossible. However, I gave up too Todaysforgotten. Thanx for the y-pressing-hint. That's a great help.
kookyscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #7
Todaysforgotten

Don't want to take it too much off-topic, but welcome to the club, kooky. It's frustrating because I can do the first two but then the next three hit me and hard all in sequential order. I just don't get it. I barely 100% percent 3-4 on 9 minutes. Kinda makes me feel retarded. I can breeze through droplitz but can't do this.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todaysforgotten View Post
I thought this same thing but then i figured who cares. I do agree though that its not really indicative of how hard or easy the game is if you havent done all the achievements yourself. I hate puzzle games but i wind up playing them if i can get them on twitter and elsewhere for free. I usually don't give up on xbla 200s but since i don't have a puzzlers logic to see shapes I am giving up on this game's last achievement.
I care, and I don't really agree with generalizations.
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
deathchant

the guides and roadmaps are supposed to help people gauge what they are in for. creating a random timeframe and difficulty will cause confusion. imo, there are way too many guides/road maps that are way off in difficulty/completion time. just adding my opinions of course.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
velho lobodomar

velho lobodomar's Gamercard
Quote:
I usually don't give up on xbla 200s but since i don't have a puzzlers logic to see shapes I am giving up on this game's last achievement.
don´t give up man, you´re a xbla legend!
last retail: Gears of War

xbla + dlc: 3
xbla: 52
last arcade: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
velho lobodomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
the guides and roadmaps are supposed to help people gauge what they are in for. creating a random timeframe and difficulty will cause confusion. imo, there are way too many guides/road maps that are way off in difficulty/completion time. just adding my opinions of course.
Well, if I knew people would be apparently offended by the mere existence of the thread I wouldn't have made it. If I could delete it I would. But you know, someone in the achievement discussion has already mentioned the game not being 'too hard' to complete and apparently got the full 200/200 in ~5-8 according to them. So they still don't seem too far off to me.

I really only even made it in this Roadmap format cause I kinda thought that was what you were supposed to do per the forum's guidelines. If you haven't noticed I don't exactly have that many posts on here, so forgive me if I mess up here or there. I'm really not expecting this to be the 'actual' Guide/Roadmap, so I don't know what the big deal is about a thread with what now seems to be a simple title mix-up. Again, there are maybe 4 threads on this entire board? It seems we're arguing semantics at this point...as far as I can tell even 'generalizations' can be helpful to some of us who are a little bit confused with the game. And considering my scores on the leaderboard aren't all that terrible, (for someone like deathchant to be below me on every 3 minute leaderboard and be a self-proclaimed 'good' puzzler tells me that maybe my opinions hold at least a little weight) I figured whatever input I could give might be worthwhile.

Bah, anyhow back on topic - just got the Big Bucks achievement. I swear over half my score came from me trying to get the 100% on that Moby song alone. I think this game hates me, every time I get to 98-99% and nearly have it, it starts spawning 4-5 of those ghetto "plus" blocks and basically stopping me dead in my tracks with only a few seconds left to go.

I think I'm going to try and draw up some diagrams for the first 2 posts to show a few of the techniques I've been using when certain blocks come up and how they can fit well together. To be honest, when each level loads up and they show you the various blocks that can appear in that level...they sort of give you some good hints on that alone. I know I started using certain combinations just because I noticed them pictured on the loading screen, so maybe take a look at those? Now that I've played that one level for so many rounds they seem a bit obvious but they were helpful at least at the initial bit.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
Xylon Uxkid

Xylon Uxkid's Gamercard
I kind of agree with deathchant , its not an easy game and I think it requires more than 5 hrs to get 100%, so maybe TC you should update at least that part.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #13
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon Uxkid View Post
I kind of agree with deathchant , its not an easy game and I think it requires more than 5 hrs to get 100%, so maybe TC you should update at least that part.
I agree on the difficulty and for now I'll leave that open until we can all suggest what we think it is here in a few days, although I still say that's fairly subjective. On the time however, again...there are people who have already said on this very forum that they got it in roughly the lower spectrum of that time...so I don't particularly see a problem...and saying 5-15 is quite a wide margin. If this were an incredibly mainstream game where people just glance at this and move on, maybe I'd try to use some maths and sciences to try to formulate this *pristine* number everyone's looking for...but as it is, most people who play this game (and judging from the leaderboards, there aren't many of us) seem to be reading all the posts in all the threads, so again it's more just for discussion than any kind of end-all-be-all gauge.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
deathchant

ok, see now you are attacking me megaten. i claimed to be pretty good at puzzle games. i didnt state that i was better than you at this game or any other game. im happy that you are ahead of me on all the leaderboards....get someone to pat you on the back for that one. all i am saying, especially for a puzzle genre game, which seem to be quite challenging on the xbox, maybe the time and difficulty should be re-thought. people who are good at first person shooters can do some of those call of duty games super fast, where it will take me forever because i suck at them. this is a skill based game. yes, some it will come naturally to and they will breeze through it to the 200. but for the majority of people, myself included, it will be quite hard to get the last 35gs achievement for 100% cover. so, call it whatever you want, but for the average gamer (not you of course because you are above me on all the leaderboards) this is more difficult than what you rated it AND will take longer than 5 hours to complete.

also, unless the person that said they completed the 200/200 in the other thread is named 'morfang123' or playing it offline, they dont actually have it complete. as the leaderboards show only 3 people with 100%+ on the last level. and two of those people dont have the 200

Last edited by deathchant; 02-05-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #15
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
ok, see now you are attacking me megaten. i claimed to be pretty good at puzzle games. i didnt state that i was better than you at this game or any other game. im happy that you are ahead of me on all the leaderboards....get someone to pat you on the back for that one. all i am saying, especially for a puzzle genre game, which seem to be quite challenging on the xbox, maybe the time and difficulty should be re-thought. people who are good at first person shooters can do some of those call of duty games super fast, where it will take me forever because i suck at them. this is a skill based game. yes, some it will come naturally to and they will breeze through it to the 200. but for the majority of people, myself included, it will be quite hard to get the last 35gs achievement for 100% cover. so, call it whatever you want, but for the average gamer (not you of course because you are above me on all the leaderboards) this is more difficult than what you rated it AND will take longer than 5 hours to complete.

also, unless the person that said they completed the 200/200 in the other thread is named 'morfang123' or playing it offline, they dont actually have it complete. as the leaderboards show only 3 people with 100%+ on the last level. and two of those people dont have the 200
It actually was morfang123 I was referencing. And I wasn't trying to be facetious with my previous comment, simply trying to defend the validity of my post in the slightest. It takes some nerve to come in here, derail this thread to the point of it being flamebait, and then say I'm attacking you. I suppose if you add, 'it's just my 2 cents or opinion' after making a statement that would directly call into question something I posted, if in a sleight of hand manner, then it makes it okay and not an attack on your part. That certainly shows no level of naivety at all... Anyhow, I do apologize if you took offense to that, both my previous and current posts...can we *please* get this thread on track now?
Old 02-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #16
MetallicaDan

Send a message via AIM to MetallicaDan Send a message via MSN to MetallicaDan Send a message via Yahoo to MetallicaDan

Un4g1v3N80's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. It's pretty straight forward but probably challenging to get 200/200!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #17
sweetvar26

ProGamer720's Gamercard
Anybody having the 'Musician' achievement glitched? I have been trying that yesterday and today, doesn't work, I played the game quite a lot and I am sure I created more than 6 different quad sizes.

Anyone care to explain what exactly am I supposed to be doing here?
sweetvar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
Todaysforgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by velho lobodomar View Post
don´t give up man, you´re a xbla legend!
Thanks, but this is just too much. Especially when I hate puzzle games. I like going for achievements but they are not that important to me.

I only know of one person who has 200 in this and another who got a glitched champion achievement. Its very hard to say a few people got 200/200 on this when the data is not there. Granted, I am only going by mygamercard. The game is def not easy and the handful of people who got it, does not skew the time and difficulty to that of a slightly above average game. I spent atleast 20 hours playing it and will not see 200. Look over my resume to weigh the value of my claims/opinions. FWIW.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
morfang123

Morfang123's Gamercard
The game is doable in about 5 hours, I got the Ultimate Champion achievement before the 50 million total score and all the other achievements except the snake on my way to 50 million. Then I just played free mode and got the snake.

I would say 6+ hours, but since it is skill-based, it might take 20 hours or more for some people. Geometry Wars 2 is listed as 5-15 hours, but it took me atleast 20 hours to complete.

For difficulty I would say 7/10, I thought that the Ultimate Champion achievement looked really hard at first, but it wasn't that bad after some practice.
morfang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #20
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfang123 View Post
The game is doable in about 5 hours, I got the Ultimate Champion achievement before the 50 million total score and all the other achievements except the snake on my way to 50 million. Then I just played free mode and got the snake.

I would say 6+ hours, but since it is skill-based, it might take 20 hours or more for some people. Geometry Wars 2 is listed as 5-15 hours, but it took me atleast 20 hours to complete.

For difficulty I would say 7/10, I thought that the Ultimate Champion achievement looked really hard at first, but it wasn't that bad after some practice.
Thanks for posting this in here. I'd just like to point out that yes, Ultimate Champion is glitched. Well, perhaps I shouldn't say 'glitched' but it most certainly does NOT require 100% on all the 3 minute modes. I have over 100% on the first four songs in 3 minute mode, but I can't seem to get it on the Lemon Jelly song. I just went and played on 9 minute mode with that song, and as SOON as I made my first quad to go over the 100% mark, the achievement popped for me. So now I have 200/200, yet haven't gotten 100% on all of em in 3 minutes. So it may be as simple as going over 100% on every song regardless of time...maybe getting over 100% on the majority of them...I don't know. I'll make a few spare accounts and test it out over the next few days. But just a heads-up to anyone having difficulties...try to get over 100% on other time limits and see what happens.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #21
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
Thanks, but this is just too much. Especially when I hate puzzle games. I like going for achievements but they are not that important to me.

I only know of one person who has 200 in this and another who got a glitched champion achievement. Its very hard to say a few people got 200/200 on this when the data is not there. Granted, I am only going by mygamercard. The game is def not easy and the handful of people who got it, does not skew the time and difficulty to that of a slightly above average game. I spent atleast 20 hours playing it and will not see 200. Look over my resume to weigh the value of my claims/opinions. FWIW.
Check my previous post as well as what I've written under that cheevie in particular on the guide...you may want to try to get 100% (if you haven't already) on other time limits and see what happens. If it does turn out to be the case that getting 100% on any time limit can unlock it, then I'd say the difficulty of this game is going to sink to a 3-4/10.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #22
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Okay, just thought I'd make a quick post to update everyone on the Ultimate Champion cheevie 'glitch'. I can for sure confirm it's not just 100% on any time limit...I got 100% on the first level in the 3 minute category, then 100% on all the rest in 6 minutes and it didn't pop for my other account. I'll keep messing around in it in the various times and see when/if it pops.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:15 AM   #23
Todaysforgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaten View Post
Thanks for posting this in here. I'd just like to point out that yes, Ultimate Champion is glitched. Well, perhaps I shouldn't say 'glitched' but it most certainly does NOT require 100% on all the 3 minute modes. I have over 100% on the first four songs in 3 minute mode, but I can't seem to get it on the Lemon Jelly song. I just went and played on 9 minute mode with that song, and as SOON as I made my first quad to go over the 100% mark, the achievement popped for me. So now I have 200/200, yet haven't gotten 100% on all of em in 3 minutes. So it may be as simple as going over 100% on every song regardless of time...maybe getting over 100% on the majority of them...I don't know. I'll make a few spare accounts and test it out over the next few days. But just a heads-up to anyone having difficulties...try to get over 100% on other time limits and see what happens.
What were the percentages on your other 2? It seems like you mimicked what happened with another guy. He had 4/6 and then went into 9minutes and got it. I have all 9 minutes (could have saved everyone time who thought to try this) at over 100%. I on the other hand only have 1 and 2 at 150+ percent and the others at 84 and 60 and 53. No poppy poppy for me.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #24
Xylon Uxkid

Xylon Uxkid's Gamercard
Quote:
Okay, just thought I'd make a quick post to update everyone on the Ultimate Champion cheevie 'glitch'. I can for sure confirm it's not just 100% on any time limit...I got 100% on the first level in the 3 minute category, then 100% on all the rest in 6 minutes and it didn't pop for my other account. I'll keep messing around in it in the various times and see when/if it pops.
Please dude keep updating this. That achievement is driving me crazy.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #25
Moogourou

Moogourou's Gamercard
Quote:
The Snake - 20 - Create a single quad that covers the entire width of the grid on every level.
---------------

You need to create one long quad from the left to the right side of the grid on each level in the game. As I suggested on "The Beast" achievement, try to only make this quad have a height of 3 cells. This makes it much easier to continue building upon.
For this achievement, I made a block which was only 2 squares high on the entire width of the grid (sometime 3 squares high for one or two consecutive cells, it's not a big deal). Once I've got those first two lines, I start to complete the third one as fast as I can.
Moogourou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #26
sweetvar26

ProGamer720's Gamercard
Quote:
The Musician - 15 - Find 6 different quad sounds on a level. Quads can be square, wide or tall, and either small or big.
---------------

To get this achievement, you'll need to create 6 quads of varying sizes. Just jump into the first level on 9 minute Time Mode and take your time making quads of different heights and widths and this should pop easily enough. Some people are having trouble with this. I've seen someone else mention writing down a list of varying quad sizes (3x3, 3x4, 4x4, 5x6) and crossing them off as you go along. I agree this may help some who are having trouble with this. If you play in Free Mode or 9 minute mode enough this should come naturally without trying most likely, however.
I did get 7 different quads but the achievement did not pop up. I made sure I wrote them down so that I do not mess up. Can you create a Quad over the already covered area or does it have to be somewhere brand new that has nothing to do with it? Sometimes I just want to get rid of some blocks I get and I might cross over the covered area, would this be messing my achievement?
sweetvar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #27
Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I did get 7 different quads but the achievement did not pop up. I made sure I wrote them down so that I do not mess up. Can you create a Quad over the already covered area or does it have to be somewhere brand new that has nothing to do with it? Sometimes I just want to get rid of some blocks I get and I might cross over the covered area, would this be messing my achievement?
I'm pretty sure it would require a new, clean area. I'm saying this because like the game's name and this particular achievement imply, it's about creating new sounds. And more or less, different shapes in different portions of the grid create those new sounds. So, they may not consider a new shape in an area already used a 'new' sound, instead maybe just a variation. I'll experiment around with it and see if I can't get a more clear description for this one, cause you aren't the only one who's been a little confused by this one. Another cheevie in this game that's vague, that's just great

Moogourou, I did the exact same thing! Ha, any chance I got to 'pre-game' an achievement I took, lol! I was so bad as to only wait for the straight-line blocks to make it a perfect 2xWhatever quad and junked the other pieces above and below it!

Todaysforgotten - On the first four they were all well over 170%, and on the last one I had 99%. I think my high score is only 96% though, so I couldn't tell you any specifics on that 99% run like points or anything. So yea, maybe you have to come pretty damn close before trying the 9-minute popping method? I'm starting to have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not gonna be able to duplicate this glitch, ha. Does anyone have a link to the guy that supposedly had the same thing happen? I'd like to see what details were the same with our glitches to see if that'll narrow it down.

Last edited by Megaten; 02-08-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #28
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just thought I would let everyone know I am currently working on 100% for 9 minutes. Then will move on to 6 minutes. Then 3 minutes if the achievement hasn't popped. So, I will let everyone know when it pops for me.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #29
Gold Rush NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Just thought I would let everyone know I am currently working on 100% for 9 minutes. Then will move on to 6 minutes. Then 3 minutes if the achievement hasn't popped. So, I will let everyone know when it pops for me.
I've got 100% in 9min. mode and 6min. mode, and no chievo. I've got 3 3min. completions. Just two to go. I don't think this achievement is glitched.

¤¤ I just want to finish all my games 100% ¤¤
Gold Rush NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #30
chuckiej

One of the musician pieces is definitely a 5 by 5 square because that was the last one I just did. I'd put 3 tall lines spaced 1 unit apart and wait for when you get two tall lines in a row to complete the square.

On the debate, I'd say just git rid of the stuff that you don't know like difficulty and time to complete and keep the achievement guides.
chuckiej is offline   Reply With Quote