PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Aegis Wing
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #61
YuriSoldier

YuriSoldier's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasupfoo View Post
can those sperm things get you?
No, if your ship is bellow the black they will only circle your ship
YuriSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #62
TheSaferHouse

TheSaferHouse's Gamercard
Thank you, finally got Veteran and Ace! This glitch really does work like a charm.
TheSaferHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #63
DaRKSWeeNeY

thebloodymurder's Gamercard
Got the achievement! Thanks!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #64
PureEvil x21

Man, I was up to 120k and the boss on level 5 got me. Gonna do this again but move to the right for him this time.
PureEvil x21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #65
StW

I StW I's Gamercard
Did this, worked great
StW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #66
MajorC0rruption

MajorC0rruption's Gamercard
Got this a few moments ago thanks for posting this and thanks to everyone who posted tips
MajorC0rruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #67
rcf1235

rcf1235's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerrr View Post
guide works great, just got 195k easy.

just make sure you kill the first wave on level 3 before doing the trick, and make sure you stay to the right of the screen on level 5 boss and it is cake!

thanks

thank you everybody for all tips
now i could get my achievo that was stuck hehehe

this quote is basically what you need to do!!
make sure you dont make mistakes and its gonna be ver eazy :0

thanks again
rcf1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #68
gonzo22

LLL GREYFOX LLL's Gamercard
question

does this glitch still work?
gonzo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #69
Salut Allo

salut allo's Gamercard
Yes it does

If you want me to help you out with aegis wing, send a friend request to allo salut. Thanks!
Salut Allo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #70
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I litterly just screamed out in victory after I hit 185,000 points. I reached the final boss and I'm guessing I wasn't low enough or something because he did manage to kill me...THANK GOD I MADE IT BEFORE I BEAT HIM! I don't care about leaderboards ;>__> I'm happy with what I achieved...200/200 in Aegis Wing FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #71
theirishmagnum

A DarkSim x360a's Gamercard
Boosting is one thing! But glitching...The game's a good challenge and should play it for more than 10 minutes, doesn't one get satisfaction from putting some skill into it ?

GOOGLE+ ( ALL BAND LINKS HERE )
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111421712472205257809/about
Currently ON TOUR with:
http://bobbycleveland.bandcamp.com/
TIED WORLD RECORD !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhueKUHUKg
TIED WORLD RECORD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H23AXyTXuSA
theirishmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #72
Salut Allo

salut allo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishmagnum View Post
Boosting is one thing! But glitching...The game's a good challenge and should play it for more than 10 minutes, doesn't one get satisfaction from putting some skill into it ?
Depends. If one has been trying for lots of time and started getting tired of the game; using glitches to your advantage may become helpful.

If you want me to help you out with aegis wing, send a friend request to allo salut. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #73
theirishmagnum

I 100% disagree( In a respectful manner of course! ) I mean, some people( and myself ) have at times, spent hours on certain parts in video games! So when this part finally gets beat, you get satisfaction! Not beacause of some weak glitch... As long as one can understand glitching takes no skill, and that one doesn't brag and lie about how they got that cheevo, ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPAIRING LEGIT TO
UN-LEGIT. That sums up glitching in a very respectful manner! AGree or disagree. no anger was put into this comment, please take note!

Currently ON TOUR with:
TIED WORLD RECORD !!!
TIED WORLD RECORD
Old 09-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #74
Salut Allo

salut allo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishmagnum View Post
I 100% disagree( In a respectful manner of course! ) I mean, some people( and myself ) have at times, spent hours on certain parts in video games! So when this part finally gets beat, you get satisfaction! Not beacause of some weak glitch... As long as one can understand glitching takes no skill, and that one doesn't brag and lie about how they got that cheevo, ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPAIRING LEGIT TO
UN-LEGIT. That sums up glitching in a very respectful manner! AGree or disagree. no anger was put into this comment, please take note!
I do agree with you. I do not like people that glitch an entire game, and then lie about it, and act like they're awesome and beast. A bit like people that mod their multiplayer ranks and/or boost.

But I can understand why using glitches can sometimes really help AND still be able to be proud. A bit like me and Left 4 Dead 1. At first I loved the game. I played the crap out of it with friends, got most legit (and a few that randomly popped for absolutely no reason), but ended up missing that one "Dead Harvest" mission on Expert. I spent countless hours trying to get it, ended up hating the game itself and just couldn't seem to unlock it. So I finally ended up using a glitched spot to survive.

I still am proud to say that I completed it, considering the amount of hours I put in it, but won't lie about the fact that I used a few glitches.

Also, there's a difference between glitching all the way through, and using a glitch to get that final achievement you've been trying to get since forever. There's a time where you get tired of trying, and just want the game out of your way once and for all!

That's why I think this one thread we're in right now isn't all that bad :P

Old 09-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #75
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
^What Salut said. I've already served my time for insanely difficult achievements in my past (Metal Gear Solid 2's VR missions as a prime example) but I horribly, horribly suck as space-shooting-whatchamacallits like Aegis Wing and I along with others failed multiple times trying to get Ace. So yeah, I admit it...I used the silly glitch. I'm not exactly proud of it but I didn't want to leave this game incomplete on my tag.

I very rarely will ever use a glitch to finish a game. But if it's beyond insanely tedious and difficult, yes I will. And no, the satisfaction wares off eventually even if you muscles your way through the normal way. The pure frustration that comes from failing by just a sliver is what you remember the most...and is that a victory worth achieving? Where your sanity was put on the test because of the insane requirements for an achievement? I'm talking games that are punishing in the sense that if you fail later on the road, you have to start from a LOONG way back to even the beginning of the game to try again.

Games that are exceptions which are insanely difficult are MGS2's VR Missions, Super Meat Boy, N+, Splosion Man...all of these are in the form of missions you can try over and over and over until you've completed it, not a punishing ordeal where if you fail you're sent back to the beginning of the fucking game. I have never been a fan of such punishment...yet there it is, since the early days of gaming and still stuck to whatever genre of games Aegis Wing fits into. Hell something's similar in games like Dead Space 2..."limited saves". Or how about Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X HD? One save, that's it.

My point is that glitches are ok if they're within the confines of the game's development. Meaning, it's not occurring due to some software that is manipulating the game no it's there inside the game and you're taking advantage of it. I never feel proud of using a glitch but as I said I very rarely do it. I am damn proud that I muscled my way through every level of Super Meat Boy than taking the easy way out through that silly glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #76
theirishmagnum

I 100% agree with both of your opinions! I'm glad to see people not just bashing what I tried to explain, as we all have made this subject clear
Thanks for being respectful and having a logical conversation. This website has been good so far, due to people like you guys!

Currently ON TOUR with:
TIED WORLD RECORD !!!
TIED WORLD RECORD
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #77
medieval75

medieval75's Gamercard
There are good glitches and bad glitches. I know the ones I prefer.
medieval75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #78
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I just got Ace and completed the game. My last achievement was in June of 2007... it took 6 years to complete this game apparently
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #79
EgorXX

EgorXX's Gamercard
Really hard on level3
EgorXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #80
Juun

Juunanagou's Gamercard
tAfter 7 years I managed to finish this game hah. Tried it legit many times but I just dont have the patience. This took me a couple of times aswell since for some reason in level 5 my ship popped above the black bar again. And had a few times where I didnt went far enough down.
Juun is offline   Reply With Quote