Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #31
Roose91

Send a message via MSN to Roose91

Roose91's Gamercard
Tried again today-went through the entire game on easy on a memory card with no Bioshock data on it whatsoever and used this method at the end-worked no problem. Probably took 3-4 hours to run through though.
Thanks TpYourHouse and if you cannot get it i would advise doing what I did-start a new game with no related saves whatsoever i.e. on a seperate storage device, start a new game, make sure that difficulty is set to easy and disable vita chambers set to ON. Then quit out and start another new game and run through the game and use this great method to get the two cheevos.
Good luck.
100% Retail: CoD 2, Hitman:Blood Money, Bully, Just Cause, Assassins Creed, Gun, CoD 4, Oblivion (1250), Bourne Conspiracy, OFDR, Fallout 3 (1550), Halo 3:ODST, Godfather (1250), Godfather II, Qauntum of Solace, MW2,Assassins Creed 2, Viking, Fable II (1350), Borderlands (1250), The Saboteur, Lego Batman, Batman:AA, Bioshock (1100).

100% Arcade: Battlefield 1943, Zombie Apocolypse.
Roose91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #32
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose91 View Post
Tried again today-went through the entire game on easy on a memory card with no Bioshock data on it whatsoever and used this method at the end-worked no problem. Probably took 3-4 hours to run through though.
Thanks TpYourHouse and if you cannot get it i would advise doing what I did-start a new game with no related saves whatsoever i.e. on a seperate storage device, start a new game, make sure that difficulty is set to easy and disable vita chambers set to ON. Then quit out and start another new game and run through the game and use this great method to get the two cheevos.
Good luck.
You say you didn't have any Bioshock data on that memory card at all, what about the DLC? was that on it?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #33
Sean 94

x iSkiRMishx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Shame this doesn't work for me
Sean 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #34
fonzycore

fonzycore's Gamercard
Can anyone confirm that this glitch still works? Was thinking about running through this real quick since BS2 just came out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Also - just to clarify if it does still work, I basically just need to delete all my current save games, put it on easy, and turn off vita chambers?
fonzycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #35
DogPoloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzycore View Post
Can anyone confirm that this glitch still works? Was thinking about running through this real quick since BS2 just came out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Also - just to clarify if it does still work, I basically just need to delete all my current save games, put it on easy, and turn off vita chambers?
To clarify, yes it still works.
DogPoloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #36
Nightwasp

nightwasp82's Gamercard
Oh my god. I decided to finally check this forum again after trying this a ton of times like a year ago and saw this thread. Thanks so much for saving hours of my time
Nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #37
gxnxr

Wow.... everyone that did this, needs to get some skill and stop cheating.
gxnxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #38
Spawn 0f Hell

Jamie Russell 1's Gamercard
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnxr View Post
Wow.... everyone that did this, needs to get some skill and stop cheating.
Wow... everyone that does this (yes, you gxnxr) and post negative comments on a thread meant to help people, need to get some life skills and not read threads about glitches if they know that they're going to get worked up about it.

Spawn 0f Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:32 AM   #39
bryandagamer

bryandagamer's Gamercard
So let tell me if this work for getting the achievements.

1. Download the DLC
2. Start up a new game
3. Turn off the Vita-Chambers
4. Start up a new game on easy difficulty
5. Go through the whole game without dying up to Atlas
6. Save and then load a save titled Fontaine
7. Battle Atlas until he has one jar left
8. Once I press A to take his last jar, pause
9. Change difficulty to hard and then resume the game by pressing start
bryandagamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #40
Spawn 0f Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandagamer View Post

1. Download the DLC
2. Start up a new game
Sorry, I know this is a stupid question but I don't have this yet, (I'm getting both in a few days if the posties do their job...) but is the DLC an extra level or a patch and how much is it?

Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #41
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yup,i finally got this to work

i deleted all my old saves so not to get mixed up(kept the DLC on there for those who were asking)(EDIT:the DLC are extra Plasmids that are available at Gatherers Gardens)

and this time on easy i didn't use any vita chambers(whether that was a factor or not i don't know)...and i did the method and the two achievements popped up

i didn't touch the options for the vita chambers,i just didn't use them and i got the achievements,without trying to reload the game from a 'fontain' save...i just did it all in one go

i also got the avid inventor achievement,with this run..so 1100/1100 baby!!!

thanks for your help

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended

Last edited by metallicorphan; 02-17-2010 at 02:17 PM.
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #42
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:

1. Download the DLC
2. Start up a new game
Yeah, you nailed it.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #43
warhammer666
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard
AWSOME!! Thanks for posting this. Got my 100% in this game in little over a full day. Thank for for posting this!
warhammer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #44
Caramel Cardinal

CaramelCardinal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn 0f Hell View Post
Sorry, I know this is a stupid question but I don't have this yet, (I'm getting both in a few days if the posties do their job...) but is the DLC an extra level or a patch and how much is it?
dlc is extra plasmids (if you don't know what they are you will soon ) and i'm fairly sure it's free
Caramel Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #45
Caramel Cardinal

CaramelCardinal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I personally had no need to use the glitch, game isn't exactly super hard (just save often) and it's definitly fun enough to want to play again
although my brother still needs his big brass balls achievement adn seen as i can't be arsed with watching and waiting for him to do it for days on end think i'll direct him here
Caramel Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #46
warhammer666
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel Cardinal View Post
I personally had no need to use the glitch, game isn't exactly super hard (just save often) and it's definitly fun enough to want to play again
although my brother still needs his big brass balls achievement adn seen as i can't be arsed with watching and waiting for him to do it for days on end think i'll direct him here
I agree the game is not that challenging on hard. But for the purpose of getting the achievement as fast as possible and as easily as possible is great! You only need to play one playthrough to get 100% on this game. Which saves you time! After all, isnt that what this site is for, finding ways to get the achievements the fastest and easiest way possible? Correct me if I am wrong
Old 02-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #47
Rjb1984

rjb1984's Gamercard
Guys,

I tried the above guide... didn't work at first. I didn't have the 'disable Vita-Chambers' options available.

I got it sorted by doing what this guy said in this link;
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=203602

I tried the above method again, and it popped up at the point where the little girl gives you the key to the city.

Thanks lads. Good effort.

I think this guide could be made a sticky now... As so many have found it to work!
Rjb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #48
Orion1377

Orion1377's Gamercard
I can confirm this works also just did it as instructed and when they gave me the key both achievements unlocked. Thanks
Orion1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #49
Spawn 0f Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel Cardinal View Post
dlc is extra plasmids (if you don't know what they are you will soon ) and i'm fairly sure it's free
Thanks, didn't come today...

Old 02-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #50
dylanmannen

dylanmannen's Gamercard
wow got it on my first trie xD got the Brass balls achievement with no problem thx
dylanmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 AM   #51
warhammer666
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion1377 View Post
I can confirm this works also just did it as instructed and when they gave me the key both achievements unlocked. Thanks
its not just plasmids. It also add the option to disable the vita chambers.

Also, the DLC is FREE
Old 02-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #52
DevilMaster18

MikeCOYS's Gamercard
I've watched the video few times, tried this trick about 10+ times but doesn't seem to work, everything is followed as the guide said but still nothing...

I also tried as soon as i gain control of my character i switched it on Hard and beat Fontaine on hard but still nope...

I've turned off Vita-chamber, press A then START straight after, changed from Easy to Hard and hit the START button, done this 10+ times also watched the cutscene 10+ times but nothing... Only thing popped up was my friends, that i keep thinking it was the achievements lol

S
tyleZ
|To Dare is to Do

孫子 - Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
DevilMaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #53
warhammer666
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMaster18 View Post
I've watched the video few times, tried this trick about 10+ times but doesn't seem to work, everything is followed as the guide said but still nothing...

I also tried as soon as i gain control of my character i switched it on Hard and beat Fontaine on hard but still nope...

I've turned off Vita-chamber, press A then START straight after, changed from Easy to Hard and hit the START button, done this 10+ times also watched the cutscene 10+ times but nothing... Only thing popped up was my friends, that i keep thinking it was the achievements lol
by any chance, did you die during any point on your playthrough on easy and spawned in a vita chamber
Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #54
DevilMaster18

MikeCOYS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhammer666 View Post
by any chance, did you die during any point on your playthrough on easy and spawned in a vita chamber
Possibly, i'm unsure. The reason being is, i've completed BioShock 2 couple days ago and thought "hey let's give my BioShock 1 that's covered in dust another playthrough" (i haven't played it for couple of years i think or longer).

So anyways, i put the disc in, updated and when i was on there wasn't an option of "Vita-Chamber" but i figured it out by re-installing the Plasmids download.

After, i switched it to OFF for the Vita-Chamber, load Fontaine and followed the trick but nuh-uh, nothing...

Also, many times i played it on Hard when facing Fontaine but it is still on Easy as all his attacks are weak and i can kill him pretty easily, but there is one occasion when i thought him on Hard and got my ass handed to me on the last Adam drain...!

Is that the reason? The game didn't change to Hard when i switched it (it displays Hard, but gameplay is actually on Easy Mode still)?

S
tyleZ
|To Dare is to Do

Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #55
Bomber v4

Frosty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
I did this trick last night and it worked for me the first time. Make sure you turn the " Disable Vita-Chambers" option to ON, and when changing the difficulty to hard make sure you press start and NOT the b button.

Bomber v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #56
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Quote:

1. Download the DLC
2. Start up a new game
Confirmed just now. Instead of playing through and defeating Atlas then reloading the save back at the main menu, I just played through on Easy the first time and switched difficultys right at the last jar after hitting A to drain it. Worked like a charm. Extremely useful tip, great find guys.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #57
DevilMaster18

MikeCOYS's Gamercard
I finally got it worked, been reloading saves but it didn't work.

This is what i've done to made it work, and get that 140G

1. I re-downloaded the DLC plasmid but i downloaded it on my other silver account.
  2. Start BioShock and load any previous save and change "Vita-Chamber" to 'OFF', just remember not to die... But on easy, you won't unless you just suck very bad... (I healed when my life is about 40% health remaining, just incase huge explosions hit me)
  3. Exit after you done that change on Step 2.
  4. Start a NEW game, on EASY.
  5. Go to Options, make sure it's on Easy and Vita-Chamber is OFF, if not redo the previous steps.
  6. Rush through the game, took me from 5pm to 12pm but i had 2 hour dinner break, so only 5 hour-ish to complete on Easy and also i was doing my Research Phd achievement, so you could do it less than 5 hour.
  7. Once you get to the end (before taking the elevator to fight Fontaine) SAVE.
  8. Make sure you're ready, take elevator up and prepare to fight him.
  9. Once you've drained 3 of his 4 ADAMS, and on your last drain hit A button and QUICKLY hit START button straight after.
  10. Now in OPTIONS, scroll left once on Difficulty Setting to change it to Hard Mode.
  11. NOW, HIT START BUTTON to submit your changes and watch the cutscene
  12. When the little sister hands you the key, VIOLA! Achievement of 140G, if you followed this correctly.
Just make sure not to die and restart in Vita-Chamber, otherwise you'll need to restart this strategy again.

I'm just saying what i've done (to whoever that had the same problem as me before, of not getting the achievement from reloading the Fontaine save) but kudos to the founder of this glitch!

S
tyleZ
|To Dare is to Do

Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #58
lilkris00

Copied the method above and can confirm this works 2 for 140g popped up just as the little sister gives you the key. Thanks m8!
lilkris00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #59
CRAZY 7

CRAZY 7's Gamercard
This really works I Just did it today in about 4 hours
CRAZY 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #60
RyMercer

RyMercer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TpYourHouse View Post
If this thread helps you in any way at all, rate it 5*.

I found this in a different thread where everyone (including me) was claiming that the glitch method to get "Brass Balls" and "Seriously Good At This" were not working, the reason it has not been working for you guys is simple, you MUST press the start button after changing the difficulty to hard after you stab Atlas for the last time, both achievements will unlock on the cut-scene where you are in the submarine with the girls surfacing out of the water, then you will get 2 for 140G. I hope this gets added to the main guide or something so people will stop getting confused and wasting their time with this. I am going to make a video and upload it to Youtube to prove that this method works once and for all.

Here is a video showing you how to get Brass Balls and Seriously Good At This. Just follow the red annotations in the video:
YouTube- Bioshock Brass Balls guide

If anyone had trouble getting it to work you either:

1.) Died during the game.
2.) Didn't turn off the chambers.
3.) Didn't have the dlc and updates.
4.) Didn't change the difficulty to hard.
5.) Cleared the system cache and played it off-line
6.) Didn't press the start button like you were supposed to do.
7.) Played through the whole game, died, then turned the chambers off.
8.) Some or all of the above.

Some people are saying after they made sure none of the above was the reason it wasn't working that they still couldn't get the achievements, the only thing left for you to do is to start a new game.... But I wouldn't give up, keep trying to get it to work, you may surprise yourself and get it right. I was about to start a brand new game and I did it the right way and saved hours of time. I am in the process of making a new video that copies the video above but shows the achievements popping up as even more proof that this glitch actually works.

I did this method and it work! None of the other methods worked for me so many thanks TpYourHouse

GT: RyMercer

LOTR: BFME II
Halo 3
Scene It? BOS!
Guitar Hero III
Call of Duty: World at War
Fifa 09

100%
retail:11
arcade:2
RyMercer is offline   Reply With Quote