PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #61
soundlessb00m

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
Well people are obviously lying. Just tried it 5 times in a row doing EXACTLY what th video said to do, and no luck.

No Brass Balls and no Seriously Good At This.
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #62
I Smoke Trees

Chief Trees's Gamercard
i wouldn't go so much as to say all these people are lying but i definetly am not getting it to unluck by doing it this way either....for sure never died, vita-chambers turned on, tried about 10 times last night (3 times the way it says) and the other 7 doing things a little bit different.....extremely frustrated seeing as how this was my 3rd/4th playthrough and i'm still stuck at 960/1100
I Smoke Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #63
AYeti

A YETI AHHH's Gamercard
i tried it a couple of times and didnt work for me. i think the problem for me is that in the beginning of the game i chose hard and then switch back to easy like 10 mins later. i also started that game with disable vita chamber off then switch it on once i got into the water at the beginning of the game. other than that i did everything correctly.
AYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #64
I Smoke Trees

Chief Trees's Gamercard
i started a new game turned the diable vita-chambers ON then quit and started a new game with them already on and the difficulty on easy....played the whole game on easy and switched at the very end when i hit A to draint he last adam....then reloaded and tried switching a few different points, still no achievements....now i'm scared to play through on hard with fear they might still pop up..

..once i tried switching the diffictuly to hard at the beginning of the battle and it seriously felt like there was no difference in health/skill of fontaine...like it was stuck on easy?
I Smoke Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #65
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlessb00m View Post
Well people are obviously lying. Just tried it 5 times in a row doing EXACTLY what th video said to do, and no luck.

Why would you think everyone here is lying, why would I lie? You need to chill out and do it the right way.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:35 AM   #66
DogPoloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlessb00m View Post

Your incompetence doesn't mean we are lying.
DogPoloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #67
Roose91

Send a message via MSN to Roose91

Roose91's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TpYourHouse View Post
You say you didn't have any Bioshock data on that memory card at all, what about the DLC? was that on it?
Well the DLC was still saved to my hard drive but im honestly not sure if that would have carried across to my memory card playthrough as I neither checked, nor used any of the DLC's benefits...
Roose91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:30 AM   #68
NewfieMan709

Send a message via MSN to NewfieMan709

NewfieMan709's Gamercard
hey i played it threw on hard with vita chambers off and still never got brass balls man i am so fucking pissed can anyone please help me?
NewfieMan709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:57 AM   #69
A F0XY GRANDPA

A F0XY GRANDPA's Gamercard
can u get your gamerscore reset for doing this glitch?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #70
DogPoloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by A F0XY GRANDPA View Post
can u get your gamerscore reset for doing this glitch?
No, that's for gamesavers.
DogPoloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #71
A F0XY GRANDPA

A F0XY GRANDPA's Gamercard
ok good cause after i did it i was like oh sheet hope i dont get suspended
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #72
I3acI sKiLLz

iLaZyDave x's Gamercard
I'm thinking about trying this while BF:BC servers are down as i need, a couple of photo achievements aswell as these two.

I loaded my save on fontain, switched the difficulty like you said but no achievement, however i did use a vita chamber once, so would this effect the achievement for doing the whole thing on hard?

My point is, i'm going to go through again but wanna make sure i do it right.

1) Delete all previous saved games
2) Get the DLC again
3) Start a game, disable vita chambers
4) Start a new game on easy
5) Run through game on easy
6) Fight fontaine on easy
7) after hitting A to drain last adam, press start
8) Hit right on the D-pad to change to hard, then press start
9) be patient

Is this about right? don't wanna go through again and mess it up for the second time!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #73
mindphluxnet

Mindphluxnet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just did this using the German version and got "Seriously good at this" without a problem (didn't have the DLC because I forgot it).

I just feel a bit dirty now, but oh well.

EDIT: Tried with US version, easy savegame at Fontaine, with DLC, no achievement after changing difficulty. I guess I might have changed difficulty from Normal to Easy back then because well, I wasn't seriously good at it.

100.000 GS - June 1st, 2011 - "Legend of the West" in Rango

Last edited by mindphluxnet; 03-12-2010 at 11:51 PM.
mindphluxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #74
I3acI sKiLLz

iLaZyDave x's Gamercard
Ok, i have done it!! This method worked well, although i had to go through it again as i musta died the first time
Old 03-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #75
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
It worked for me. Thanks for this.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #76
BIGeYes

bigeyes1's Gamercard
@I3acI sKiLLz

i started off with exactly the same setup and im super glad it worked for you. that gives hope. i hate wasting hours without even knowing it
congrats!
BIGeYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 AM   #77
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
ok besides the whole "timing" debate, I have another question (as always sorry if I'm repeating something that's been answered):

if I download the DLC and everything but then play OFFLINE (as in unplug the internet), can I still get the two achievements?
And if I play on Easy mode do I still have to make sure I don't die or can I die, turn the Vita-Chambers off before I fight Fontaine, save in the elevator and haul ass like the video?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #78
DevilMaster18

MikeCOYS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypticJoker View Post
ok besides the whole "timing" debate, I have another question (as always sorry if I'm repeating something that's been answered):

if I download the DLC and everything but then play OFFLINE (as in unplug the internet), can I still get the two achievements?
And if I play on Easy mode do I still have to make sure I don't die or can I die, turn the Vita-Chambers off before I fight Fontaine, save in the elevator and haul ass like the video?
Delete the DLC and install it on another account (just make another one as it's free) then log back into your main account you should have the DLC's, quickly start a new game change the DLC to "Vita-Chambers OFF" and exit the game and start a new game, now you should have "Vita-Chamber OFF" just after you've start a new game.

Finish the whole game on Easy without dying (if you've died, start all again) then do that glitch at the end but only change at the end, if you changed too early... Start the game again from scratch.

Also, you don't have to play OFFLINE to get the achievements, i've played online and still got it.

S
tyleZ
|To Dare is to Do

孫子 - Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
DevilMaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #79
ApocalypticJoker

i don't have XBL per se, i've gotta drag my xbox form my room (along with a tv) to hook it up the modem for my computer *sad face* so if I have to play online for the achieves i'm pooched...
and i started a game on Easy, as soon as I crashed I disabled the Chambers and am currently going through the game, collecting everything as I go. I'm in Fort Frolic right now so if I can unlock he achieves I'll repost a confirmation for the umpteenth time.

Last edited by ApocalypticJoker; 04-13-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: I CAN'T TYPE
ApocalypticJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #80
DevilMaster18

MikeCOYS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypticJoker View Post
i don't have XBL per se, i've gotta drag my xbox form my room (along with a tv) to hook it up the modem for my computer *sad face* so if I have to play online for the achieves i'm pooched...
and i started a game on Easy, as soon as I crashed I disabled the Chambers and am currently going through the game, collecting everything as I go. I'm in Fort Frolic right now so if I can unlock he achieves I'll repost a confirmation for the umpteenth time.
Just make sure - You don't and never died, do not change the settings whilst playing - only at the last boss and Vita-Chamber turned OFF.

S
tyleZ
|To Dare is to Do

孫子 - Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
DevilMaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #81
ApocalypticJoker

holy crap I got it with this method!
started a brand new game file on Easy, set the Chambers off blah blah blah and got it. Also, I got OFFLINE and it popped when the Little Sisters gave me the key to Rapture, NOT when the Bathysphere was surfacing...a little out of sync with th eother people but it DID work!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #82
Colllecionador

colllecionador's Gamercard
is this still working?
Colllecionador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #83
xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just got this yesterday , I haven't got the DLC but if I downloaded it now , went to the end , and did the requirements would it work , I haven't died yet ? thanks
xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #84
Herr Shaun

Herr Shaun's Gamercard
This is indeed still working. It's all in hitting Start to exit the Options menu both times instead of backing out with B. Just got it. Thanks so much!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #85
macadamianlu

macadamianlu's Gamercard
Finally Complete

Thought I'd chime in and say that this definitely works. Just popped in Bioshock, loaded Fontaine save, made sure Vita-Chambers were disabled, and right before the last needle went through paused changed difficulty to hard; exited by pressing START. Sure enough during the end cutscene BING 2 for 140G. Saved me a replay, although I wouldn't have minded if needed.

Lu
macadamianlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #86
CaptainFuture01

CaptainFuture01's Gamercard
Dayamn,just tried it,had an easy savegame of Fontaine and it worked right away,saved me another playthrough and a whole load of stress!

THANK YOU!!!

Greetz

Cap
CaptainFuture01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #87
ShadyShall

ShadyShall's Gamercard
2 questions...

Do you really ahve to play through all at once? if you save, shut off, then reload from that save you still havent died... right? Doesn't it count?

HOW DO YOU ERASE SAVED SLOTS???
ShadyShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM   #88
millionblades

Million Blades's Gamercard
Great Post TpYourHouse

I tried few other methods but yours sure worked.

I loaded my saved game before entering the elevator where the game saves automaticly once you're halfway though the elevator.

I changed the difficulty from EASY to HARD on the final boss as the video instructed and the achievements poped.

Before I began my 1st and only playthough I did Set the “Disable Vita-Chambers” option to ON. so if I died I didn't repawn in the vita chamber but I had to reload my last save point.

I did clear my cache twicebefore attempting your method for the 2 achievements worth 140 Points ( "Brass Balls" & "Seriously Good At This" )
so I believe cache doesn't effect the two achievements but if you died during the campaign with the Vita Chambers turned off you f#cked up.

Great thread bro.... saved me time from re-plaything this game. I'll replay it again since its a great game but not on hard :P

Call Of Duty 2, Call Of Duty 3, Call Of Duty 4, Call Of Duty: World At War, Gears Of War, King Kong, The Darkness, Turok, Unreal Tournament III.
millionblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #89
ShadyShall

ShadyShall's Gamercard
Again...

HOW DO I ERASE PAST SAVED GAMES?!?! There is no option to clear them in the LOAD menu.

Also, does playing offline at some point corrupt the whole game and any other achievements? I have collected ALL audio tapes (I kept a checklist and even went back and re-counted them all in the menus), but it didn't pop when I grabbed the last one.

I got Seriously Good on a previous game using the glitch, but I had been using Vitas. So in my last play through, I played on easy, collected the audio and turned off vitas. Last night, while playing, I realized I wasn’t logged into live. Coincidentally, both Brass Balls and the Historian chievos did NOT pop.

Any advice? I am really stumped here and don't ffeel like playing through AGAIN!!
ShadyShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #90
CaptainFuture01

CaptainFuture01's Gamercard
You don't erase savegames ingame,you do that through your system settings blade.

System settings --> Memory --> Hard Drive --> Games --> Bioshock --> pick savegame to delete --> Delete --> Done

And with your other problem,you should retry but see that you are online,then it should pop.It worked with my savegame so it should do with yours as well.

As for the Audiotapes,check them with the corresponding thread in this subforum and find out,which one you might have missed.It should pop right after you picked up the last audiotape.

Greetz

Cap
CaptainFuture01 is offline   Reply With Quote