PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Virtua Tennis 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
LLC2003

LLC2003's Gamercard
Virtua Tennis 2009 Mini-Games Achievement Guide

After searching through forums it seems information is fairly sparse and wide spread on the ‘Mini-Games’ based achievements in Virtua Tennis 2009. Due to me spending several hours unlocking them all I thought I would provide some general tips to help.

I’ll start with by far the hardest....

Arrrrr!
This requires you to destroy 3 Galleons while playing a game of ‘Pirate Wars’ in Play mode. At first this may seem impossible but once you get the hang of it you will quite easily get to 7000-8000 points per round.

When you start simply move to the net and volley – this should easily see up to around 3000 points without even breaking a sweat. Once you get above 4000, more ships appear and therefore more cannon balls. The real key here is always keep moving. The technique I used was to stay fairly near the net and constantly move left and right, forward and back. Due to Nadal’s speed he is the only player to use.

The only way you will get this achievement is to ensure you never, NEVER hit a ball clean – wait until you can run and volley the ball or just clip it. If you stand and hit like you would normally (charged shot) you will always get hit by 1-2 cannonballs. (You only get 5 lives)

Providing you follow the tips above you will always get to the 5,000 point mark and large ‘Galleon ships’ will start to appear (They can appear earlier). You can tell these straight away as they have a flag and birds nest on top with a big skull and crossbones on the sail. When you get to this point just follow the points above: Keep Moving and Never hit a clean ball.

As the Galleons take up the majority of the screen most balls will usually hit them without any aiming required. Using this strategy with a bit of luck the Arrrrr! achievement will be yours.

Perfect Frame
This required you clear the whole frame of balls playing Pot Shot on Play Mode. I found this fairly easy but it seems a lot of people are having issues. Due to his serving power the best player to use is Andy Roddick. When breaking the balls, move slightly the right and aim to hit the number 1 ball full in the face, make sure you hold forward on the left analogue stick to apply Top Spin. 9 times out of 10 this will pot 1-2 balls straight of the break.

The next part is down a little bit of luck – hopefully the number 2 ball is easily potable. If not you will have to improvise and aim to hit the number ‘2’ ball onto another ball to create a plant (combination shot). You will have to repeat this process for the rest of the balls and as more balls get potted the easier it becomes.

Just a few tips – remember to press the back button (this gives you a better view of the table), when potting always aim for the far corner (I have potted 7 balls no problem and then overcut a simple shot)

Ham & Eggs
This requires you to get a ‘Turkey’ or three strikes in a row on Level 6 Pin Crusher. This is the only mini-game based achievement that you have to do in World Tour. There is no real tips I can provide you here as the pin placement is completely random. All I can say is always move to the centre and take your time placing your serve, the longer you hold the direction the more angle you will get.

To save time I played pin crusher In between tournaments; this way even If didn’t get the three strikes I would try and complete the game (65 points) in an effort to raise my ‘Serve & Volley’ stats. Overall it took me about 10 attempts.

Cherry Picker
Simply pick 10 cherries in a single game of Avalanche. This can be quite frustrating when playing 1 player as you have to usually complete 2-3 whole cycles of the game. It becomes a lot easier when playing a 2-player game in Play Mode. You get a time limit of 120 seconds and you will easily get the 10 cherries within the time limit.

Dr. Doolittle
Feed all animals in a game of zoo keeper. Again this has be done in play mode, providing you can clear level 7/8 in World Tour this achievement won’t be an issue. Just start a game of Zoo Keeper in Play mode and start by feeding the first 2 animals, as the levels progress you should hopefully feed all animals by the time you get to level 6/7. In total there is 8 Animals – Lion / Elephant / Zebra / Giraffe / Gorilla / Penguin / Panda / Hippo

Block & Roll
For this simple achievement you have to clear a 15-combo block in Block Breaker. Just start a game in Play mode and you get a 120 seconds time limit. Take your time and use your slice to remove the single blocks of colour. After a while you will have a wall made up of about 50-60% of 1 colour – break this and the achievement is yours. Took me just 2 attempts. The easiest of all the Mini-Games.

If you have any easier or quicker way to do any of these achievements please post below and I am happy to update this guide.

Last edited by LLC2003; 02-09-2010 at 01:53 PM.
LLC2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Tweekfu

tweekfu's Gamercard
nice guide. very good info in it.

Tweekfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Freddie Bateman

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks alot, much more detailed than any other guides on here I might try and finish some of these off now.
edit - You've helped me with 2 achievements I didn't think I'd get =]

Last edited by Freddie Bateman; 02-17-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Freddie Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
Any idea why the cherries in Avalanche rarely appear for me? Is it to do with my progress in World Tour?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
LLC2003

LLC2003's Gamercard
It has nothing to do with your progress. When playing level 8 in SP you usually only see 1-2 cherries max. As I said in the guide above play the game in play mode using two players (controllers) - you will get all the 10 cherries required easily on your first game.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:51 AM   #6
stevie vip 99

stevie vip 99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLC2003 View Post
It has nothing to do with your progress. When playing level 8 in SP you usually only see 1-2 cherries max. As I said in the guide above play the game in play mode using two players (controllers) - you will get all the 10 cherries required easily on your first game.

I've played about 15 games or so in 2 player and I've only ever seen 2 cherries, I will keep trying though. Anyone want to help me with 10 player and ranked games?
stevie vip 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
AOSKINS

Master AO's Gamercard
Great guide, I've been going back since they fixed the glitched cheeves and this will help with some others.

"Worse than some, better than most."

XBL GT = Master AO
AOSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
Dogeatr00

Dogeatr00's Gamercard
GREAT guide! Thank you!
Dogeatr00 is offline   Reply With Quote