PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Aliens vs. Predator
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #31
Demon666

Jesus. NIGHTMARE is VERY hard! My god is it hard, I actually think I might just pass the Nightmare achievements up, I saved it & overwritten the old save. Even when I died I quit & went "Continue" and it still brought me back to the beginning of the level so I don't know wtf happened there. Also did you hit "New Game" or just Select Mission & change difficulty?
Demon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #32
Mikey1610

Mikey X83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How long do these levels take to do on nightmare difficulty? I'm not on about including including restarts, just wanna know how long you're expected to go for without dying.
Mikey1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #33
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
just finished alien on nightmare. what a pain...quite easy but the 3 preds in the end...

i use select mission and then choose the new difficulty for the level i want to play.

well alien levels are quite fast if you know the levels. hm something between 20-30min for mission 1-4 and 40+min for mission 5. alone the 3 preds took 20min to die. so i think that pred and marine take around 45min per mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)

Last edited by cra; 02-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #34
Jim Auh Thee

Jimmmy x360a's Gamercard
looks like a dec guide
Old 02-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #35
daninthemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra View Post
just finished alien on nightmare. what a pain...quite easy but the 3 preds in the end...

i use select mission and then choose the new difficulty for the level i want to play.

well alien levels are quite fast if you know the levels. hm something between 20-30min for mission 1-4 and 40+min for mission 5. alone the 3 preds took 20min to die. so i think that pred and marine take around 45min per mission.
Riiight...so I'm expected to risk 45 minutes with every attempt at every mission? I believe I'll pass on this game.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #36
Strongbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
Riiight...so I'm expected to risk 45 minutes with every attempt at every mission? I believe I'll pass on this game.
So you were only buying the game to get the Nightmare Achievements?
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #37
daninthemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
So you were only buying the game to get the Nightmare Achievements?
I'm a completionist and I own a console that has so many good games I'm not going to cry over one wanky little shooter

Old 02-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #38
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
getting the online exp does take muuuch longer than playing nightmare. only mission i had to attempt several times was mission 5 as alien...preds are just not fair^^

i hope i have as much luck with the other species.

Quote:
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #39
azzel bon

azzel bon's Gamercard
Quote:

Grim Reaper - 15
Harvest all available civilians in the Alien Campaign

- Mission 1 Research Lab:
Once you freed your brthers/sisters you enter some hallways with 2floors. You'll notice a civilian on the top level in a closed room. Haven't found a way in yet.
That guy doesn't count, you can't harvest people in the first mission (this is story related).
Fyi, if you miss somebody you can replay chapters, you don't need to get them all in one play. And you can change the difficulty. You get the achievement instantly when you harvest the last civilian, independent of the mission you are.
azzel bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #40
Doesel

Doesel's Gamercard
I started the marine campaign on nightmare, but after several unsuccessful attempts I started again on hard, which is a huge difference. I'm not dying very often, but to do the whole level again sucks a bit And the marine levels are really long, and I've come to several really challenging situations... I don't think I'll try nightmare soon
Old 02-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #41
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzel bon View Post
That guy doesn't count, you can't harvest people in the first mission (this is story related).
Fyi, if you miss somebody you can replay chapters, you don't need to get them all in one play. And you can change the difficulty. You get the achievement instantly when you harvest the last civilian, independent of the mission you are.
thx but updated it prior to your posting

Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #42
Mikey1610

Mikey X83's Gamercard

45mins? What the hell, there's challenging and then there's taking the piss. What the hell were they thinking?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #43
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

guess you haven't played AvP1 or 2 for PC. this mode is nothing new for veterans and i like it. you need skill and patience, some real achievement not a quick shit.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #44
Mikey1610

Mikey X83's Gamercard

I'm all for a challenge but trying to beat a level 45 mins long without dying sounds a little excessive to me. Getting towards the end of the level a couple of times and dying, I'll be pulling my hair out.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #45
daninthemix

I'd like to know what the differences are between the difficulties - for instance do the enemies have more health? On Nightmare do you have the same health as normal for instance, and the lack of checkpoints is the only change?

Cra can you elaborate?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #46
Doesel

Doesel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
I'd like to know what the differences are between the difficulties - for instance do the enemies have more health? On Nightmare do you have the same health as normal for instance, and the lack of checkpoints is the only change?

Cra can you elaborate?
Just finished campaign on hard, after trying several times on nightmare. There seems to be no difference in difficulty or health, but the missing checkpoints make the difference. There are some really tough and challenging moments where I died several times even on hard.
Some advices would be:
- play first playthrough on normal/hard to learn the levels (as cra already mentioned)
- always keep your distance! As long as the enemy isn't close enough you're fine. In close combat you seem to have no real chance, even with blocking. Exploding Alienheads make it worse
- always go for headshots

Hope this helps a bit
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #47
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

since i haven't played normal at all, all i can say that nightmare is the same as hard without checkpoints. maybe there are more enemies than on normal, but thats a guess.

@mikey
give it a try, it sounds worse than it is(alien experience). if you played the missions 3-4 times on hard you know how to get through without trouble and you get faster.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #48
retroboy

SuperDuperLiam's Gamercard
Achievements too hard eh?

Ok so skip this 'wanky' little shooter and we will see you on Avatar TBA TLE or whatever. Jesus does no one want to earn any points anymore?

Bring on the pain.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #49
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
It is really that hard? an 8 difficulty? thats higher than its average rating!

Deathr0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #50
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

what has difficulty to do with media rating? play marine on nightmare and tell me how hard it is^^

Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #51
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Quote:
what has difficulty to do with media rating? play marine on nightmare and tell me how hard it is^^
I keep hearing this from a lot of people, may have to bitch out on nightmare. (I was being sarcastic btw, hard to tell in writing)

Deathr0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #52
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

One thing I don't understand: If you say that the minimum of playthroughs is 1 per species, then your imlying that the difficulty stacks. So if the difficulties do stack then why would you play on Hard to get collectibles and other random achievements instead of playing on easy or whatever the easiest difficulty is. Then play on Nightmare after. Makes no sense to play on Hard instead of easy.

FYI: I wouldn't take 8/10 difficulty too much too heart, it's only one persons opinion, and the Bayonetta estimated difficulty was too high when you first made it.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #53
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
One thing I don't understand: If you say that the minimum of playthroughs is 1 per species, then your imlying that the difficulty stacks. So if the difficulties do stack then why would you play on Hard to get collectibles and other random achievements instead of playing on easy or whatever the easiest difficulty is. Then play on Nightmare after. Makes no sense to play on Hard instead of easy.

FYI: I wouldn't take 8/10 difficulty too much too heart, it's only one persons opinion, and the Bayonetta estimated difficulty was too high when you first made it.
one could do everything on a run in nightmare. of course that is insane and unrealistic but possible. i recommend hard to learn the levels as nightmare is as i've written several times nothing else as hard without checkpoints. so if you are familiar with the mission, number of enemies, how to fight them etc it is in your favor.

the estimated difficulty for bayonetta(i wrote that guide too) is for someone average with this type of game. if suck at FPS you will never survive nightmare as marine. i try to compare the games i play with NG2 on MN as 10/10. yeah bayonetta can be easy if you only use yellow lollipops even on normal, but thats poor imo.

if you can give me a better rating with good arguments i change it here FYI: time needed to reach all online achv. count in too for difficulty.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #54
HaxnBayer

HaxnBayer's Gamercard
Thank you very much cra for this great guide!
HaxnBayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #55
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Thanks for the guide, good job!

I (and probably lots of other people) would realy appreciate if you could point out the "cant be missed/missable" achievements

Danke und gute Nacht

Feel free to add,but please leave a note-no Randoms. Live - 360v - LastFM
Sabrelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:40 AM   #56
Madjackal

Madjackal WAR's Gamercard
Entry 1 in Colony is located after your first encounter with the alien on a table (Aquila, T.)
Entry 2 in Colony is located after your 2nd encounter, after the doors open there will be a body located to your left, it right on him (Rodriguez, P.T.)
Madjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #57
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You Have My Sympathies - 15
Help Van Zandt

You find him in a cocoon like the colonists in the 2nd Alien movie. Release him from his pain.
-----------------------------------------------------------

which stage?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #58
Doesel

Doesel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by goothgone View Post
You Have My Sympathies - 15
Help Van Zandt

You find him in a cocoon like the colonists in the 2nd Alien movie. Release him from his pain.
-----------------------------------------------------------

which stage?

what do you mean? You can't miss him if that's what you meant
Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #59
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesel View Post
what do you mean? You can't miss him if that's what you meant
ive finished the marine campaign and i didnt get that achievement?

Last edited by goothgone; 02-17-2010 at 04:30 PM.
goothgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #60
Kai Freefall

Kai Freefall's Gamercard
Wow, nightmare sounds like a b****, looking forward to the challenge sounds abit like the hell i went through on some of the COD4 veteran levels, only without checkpoints.

Still at the end of the day, once its done you will have something to show for it

If you send me a FR, please say where you got my tag and what games you want to boost, I don't add people randomly
Kai Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote