PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Aliens vs. Predator
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #61
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Well I for one am completely loving this game so far! Yes, I agree Nightmare is a bit of a bitch, but it's still fun regardless (I kicked the difficulty down to Hard for my 1st playthrough after I kept getting spanked up on the Marine campaign).

Online is fun for sure; some fellow x360a members and I got the Six Pack cheevo last night and a few others pretty easily (Let's Rock! and Scatter Shot). A few of us saw our hopes of the Very Tought Hombre cheevo get dashed, but hey...it's damn fun!

There are a few 'WTF glitches' though; I fell through the floor when I meleed an alien in the corridors on survival and I was basically under the floor grates; I could shoot the aliens and they could see me (as they just kept circling over my head), but they couldn't hit me...another of our guys got backed up into the pressure doors by an alien, meleed it, and slid right through the doors into the room behind. Weird biz...

Most of these cheevos are cuumulitive, right? Like Gunslinger?
Anyone know if you have to regenerate or heal *all* 30 blocks of health in survival for the Ain't Got Time To Bleed cheevo?
Thanks

Last edited by MadDogChad; 02-17-2010 at 04:01 PM.
MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #62
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goothgone View Post
You Have My Sympathies - 15
Help Van Zandt

You find him in a cocoon like the colonists in the 2nd Alien movie. Release him from his pain.
-----------------------------------------------------------

which stage?

Got it i forgot to shot him in the chest. Its missable if you dont shoot him
Old 02-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #63
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
ok thx i add that it it missable. didn't give it much thought as i believed that you have to shoot him to proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #64
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Hey guys, finished the marine on hard and omg the last mission will be insane on nightmare. i thinking on putting the completion difficulty up to 9 or even 10. before anyone complains, please play the last mission on hard an keep in mind to survive this without dying at any point. i look forward to your opionions.

Quote:
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
Old 02-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #65
Kai Freefall

Kai Freefall's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra View Post
Hey guys, finished the marine on hard and omg the last mission will be insane on nightmare. i thinking on putting the completion difficulty up to 9 or even 10. before anyone complains, please play the last mission on hard an keep in mind to survive this without dying at any point. i look forward to your opionions.
I got no probs with that, if your taking the time to make the guide, then im more than happy for the difficulty to be raised so we all have the heads up

Keep up the good work Cra.

If you send me a FR, please say where you got my tag and what games you want to boost, I don't add people randomly
Kai Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #66
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
how hard is nightmare

okay how hard is nightmare is it like Mw2 veteran hard or like Waw veteran or harder ???
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #67
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's Gamercard
You need to Update the MP Achievements.

You can only get the one's that say Deathmatch in a Deathmatch match.
I played a Team game first and nothing.

Played a free for all and got it
Old 02-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #68
HybridPK

Send a message via AIM to HybridPK

HybridPK's Gamercard
The guide also needs to be updated for the Grim Reaper achievement. For the Ruins level, there are 7 humans to harvest and not 6.

-1 straight ahead and down one level, from the level's beginning
-1 by the large pressure pad with the Alien statue
-1 by the large pressure pad on the opposite side
-1 on the opposite side of the first civilian
-1 on top of the middle temple
-2 inside the building, after activating the pads.
HybridPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #69
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridPK View Post
The guide also needs to be updated for the Grim Reaper achievement. For the Ruins level, there are 7 humans to harvest and not 6.

-1 straight ahead and down one level, from the level's beginning
-1 by the large pressure pad with the Alien statue
-1 by the large pressure pad on the opposite side
-1 on the opposite side of the first civilian
-1 on top of the middle temple
-2 inside the building, after activating the pads.
hm i will check this once i have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoenx View Post
okay how hard is nightmare is it like Mw2 veteran hard or like Waw veteran or harder ???
more like CoD2 on crack if you compare it with marine. alien is easy and pred, i'm on it this weekend. will post once i have more information

Quote:
Old 02-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #70
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Does anyone know (who has gotten the achievement) how many people need to be harvested for the achievement to pop? According to the guide it's 21, but the above poster said there are 7 instead of 6 in the Ruins level. Do you need a minimum amount for it to pop even though there are like say 40 civilians to harvest? I know the achievement says Harvest all available civilians in the Alien Campaign so I wouldn't think that, but I was just wondering.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #71
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ranked Multiplayer:

Welcome to The War - 15
Play and complete your first Ranked Match in standard Deathmatch mode

Just play a Deathmatch game. It has to be free for all and not any team deathmatch.

Killer Instinct - 15
Win your first Ranked Match in standard Deathmatch mode

Win a deathmatch free for all and not a team deathmatch.

Very Tough Hombre - 15
Kill 10 enemies in a row without dying in a Ranked Match

One of the easier tasks. I suggest playing either as Marine or Alien, if you are familiar with it. Superior speed is great to kill your enemies.

Persecution Complex - 15
Achieve Persecutor status more than once in any Ranked Match

To become a Persecutor you have to kill one player 5 times in a row without being killed.
I got the 2 Standard Deathmatch Achievements in the very first game I played. Then the 10 kill streak + Persecution Achievements I got in my second game. I actually got a 13 kill streak and 4-5 Persecutor Status awards. It actually isnt that hard.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #72
Doesel

Doesel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Does anyone know (who has gotten the achievement) how many people need to be harvested for the achievement to pop? According to the guide it's 21, but the above poster said there are 7 instead of 6 in the Ruins level. Do you need a minimum amount for it to pop even though there are like say 40 civilians to harvest? I know the achievement says Harvest all available civilians in the Alien Campaign so I wouldn't think that, but I was just wondering.
a guide which/how many civilians there are on each level would really be great. Redoing the alien campaign atm to harvest the civilians and collecting the canisters, but it's hard to keep track of..
Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #73
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesel View Post
a guide which/how many civilians there are on each level would really be great. Redoing the alien campaign atm to harvest the civilians and collecting the canisters, but it's hard to keep track of..
erm, it would be really great if some guys would actually READ the guide instead of posting. the ones who are missable are described with a way to harvest them. the rest is in plain sight and no problem. total amount of civilians is given next to the level.

i would like to verify if there are 6 or 7 in the last mission, but since i am on watch right now, i can do it tomorrow.

you can keep track of collectibles by viewing the statistics screen after a completed mission. a harvested civilian is worth 500 so you can do the math.

Quote:

Last edited by cra; 02-19-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #74
Doesel

Doesel's Gamercard
Quote:
erm, it would be really great if some guys would actually READ the guide instead of posting. the ones who are missable are described with a way to harvest them. the rest is in plain sight and no problem. total amount of civilians is given next to the level.

i would like to verify if there are 6 or 7 in the last mission, but since i am on watch right now, i can do it tomorrow.

you can keep track of collectibles by viewing the statistics screen after a completed mission. a harvested civilian is worth 500 so you can do the math.
It would be great if people would read my answer and understand it aswell..
I've read the thread multiple times, and yes you describe which ones are missable. Nevertheless am I missing a civilian, and therefore it would be great if there'd be a guide. I didn't say that this guide's missing it nor that it's your work to do. It was meant in general. And as you said, you can keep track of that after finishing the level, but therefore you have to play the whole level again to be sure you've collected them all (as well as with the collectibles). And as the progress carries over there might be only one civilian to harvest.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #75
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Exclamation Shoot 'em in the head

Quote:
Weapon Achievements:

This achievements can be boosted online in ranked match. Need confirmation if it works in private matches, too.

Gunslinger - 30
Kill 30 enemies with the pistol

Since you have a Pistol right from the Start and infinite ammo on the lower difficulties, farm the kills against single aliens.
For this achievement, I've just restarted my checkpoint, right before you get "Exit Strategy" when you have to espace through the elevator from C-Block.
Just shoot 'em in the head when they crawling straight forward over the barricade. They will explode right away, so it's quite easy to aim. Reload and repeat till you got it. It's done in less than 5 minutes.
Or just do it like "cra" already mentioned.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 02-19-2010 at 01:37 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #76
HybridPK

HybridPK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesel View Post
It would be great if people would read my answer and understand it aswell..
I've read the thread multiple times, and yes you describe which ones are missable. Nevertheless am I missing a civilian, and therefore it would be great if there'd be a guide. I didn't say that this guide's missing it nor that it's your work to do. It was meant in general. And as you said, you can keep track of that after finishing the level, but therefore you have to play the whole level again to be sure you've collected them all (as well as with the collectibles). And as the progress carries over there might be only one civilian to harvest.
Unfortunately, you're just going to have to re-harvest every civilian you see. Its a bummer, but you want that 15 gamerscore. The guide cra made will help you out, and to double check, I went through and tallied each harvest I made in each level. I can confirm that there are 3, 8, and 4 in levels 2, 3, and 4 respectively. I found 7 in level 5.
cra has some good strategies for the stubborn civilians you come across. A tip of advice: For level 3, Refinary, when you pry open the door to see a civilian run away...run past him and go straight for the other guy fixing the vehicle. I found that harvesting the guy in the hallway always made the vehicle man run off.
Harvest the vehicle guy and the man you ran past will summon two marines to kill you. Since you're replaying levels I recommend just playing on Easy mode. You can easily kill the marines and harvest this guy.

But yeah, just keep a sheet of paper out and start tallying each harvest you make. You'll eventually find the guy you're missing.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #77
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Does anyone know if Ain't Got Time To Bleed is cumulative for regenerating or healing 30 blocks of health in Survival?
...or does it have to be done in *one* match?

I've been healing/regenerating as many blocks as I can per match trying to find out of it's cumulative but nothing yet (I'm sure I haven't accumulated 30 yet though).
Thx!

*edit* and why isn't this thread stickied??

Last edited by MadDogChad; 02-19-2010 at 06:38 PM.
MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #78
Klebo

Klebo's Gamercard
Ain't Got Time to Bleed - 15
Heal or regenerate 30 blocks of health in Survivor

This can be done in single player survival, Let the aliens attack you then run away and heal, repeat 30 times. Can be done in 2-5mins

On a note for Nightmare, I am on the final mission for Marine on Nightmare and I am constantly getting raped x.x its sooooo gay, if I complete it I'll let you know

100,000 Gamerscore Reached: 25/10/12 at 20:53
Achievement Unlocked: A Dish Best Served Cold
Game: Lego Harry Potter Years: 5 - 7

Last edited by Klebo; 02-19-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Klebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #79
SA The Beast

ermm yeh's Gamercard
Help

By the time anyone replies I probably would have figured it out, but for everyone else, the last mission as the predator, what do you do be cause the room just floods with aliens and a couple of marines, and you can't seem to jump anywhere? P.S. I'm doing it on Nightmare which is why it's so hard to find out what to do. At the moment all I that I seem to be able to do is pin myself in a corner and prolong the inevitable.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #80
SA The Beast

ermm yeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoenx View Post
It's like MW veteran, you go through enough of the level and then just get to a point that you get stuck on for a while, and then after quite a few tries you figure out what it is that you are actually mean't to be doing, like bursting the water pipe rather than waiting for the flames to die down by themselves.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #81
HybridPK

HybridPK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA The Beast View Post
By the time anyone replies I probably would have figured it out, but for everyone else, the last mission as the predator, what do you do be cause the room just floods with aliens and a couple of marines, and you can't seem to jump anywhere? P.S. I'm doing it on Nightmare which is why it's so hard to find out what to do. At the moment all I that I seem to be able to do is pin myself in a corner and prolong the inevitable.
There are three switches you need to hit. Two of them are on platforms you have to focus jump to. One is in the middle.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #82
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Remove step 4, that isn't needed.

Add the EXP in single player trick. You start searching in multiplayer, quit out and then start a single player campaign, you'll get EXP for the kills you get.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #83
uno_master

how many times do u need to get persucter to get the persucter complex achievement
uno_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #84
Chaosdude

Diamech's Gamercard
After finishing it and getting all the points, I gotta say that was a real challenging and enjoyable game.

And the XP trick does not require you to search in ranked. It requires:
-Beat all three campaigns
-Play the Marine campaign on Hard or Nightmare
Just thought it might save the time of searching in ranked before you get to mowing down aliens.

Last edited by Chaosdude; 02-20-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Chaosdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #85
DocRevolt

DocRevolt's Gamercard
Hey, haven't gotten this game yet and not sure if I want to yet, I was just wondering, how's the EXP system online? How easy/difficult is it to level up and gain experience? The guide doesn't really detail the two experience achievements but together they make up 80 GS so I just was curious.

Proudest Retail 100%'s: AC2 + Revelations, Alan Wake, Afro Samurai, Battlefield: BC2, Bioshock 2, Borderlands (1750), CoD 2, 4, 5 + 6, Condemned 1 + 2, Dark Souls, Dead Space, TES IV + V, Fable II (1350), Fallout 3 (1550), Gears of War 2, Mass Effect (1200), Prototype, Star Wars: TFU 1 + 2 (1200), Singularity, WET

Retail 100%: 38
Arcade 100%: 10
DocRevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #87
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

thx for the guides, however once i enter copy the youtube url i don't get vid embedded. what do you do that it works properly?

Quote:
Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #88
EternalPredator

EternalPredator's Gamercard
nice guide will be using this soon pick up the game tomorow

I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle.
- PS3 (250GB Slim) -
- Xbox 360 S (Reach Edition) -
- Custom built Gaming Computer -

EternalPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #89
piedudething

Send a message via AIM to piedudething

Piedudething's Gamercard
For the regenerating 30 bloc of health as a Marine achievement does it have to be in one match of survivor or overall?
piedudething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #90
Tailz
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedudething View Post
For the regenerating 30 bloc of health as a Marine achievement does it have to be in one match of survivor or overall?
All 1 game, just kill all aliens till 1 is dead and let him kill you and keep using a STIM till it unlocks
Tailz is offline   Reply With Quote