PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
RexDarr

RexDarr's Gamercard
Post Is this game worth getting?

I've been looking in to this game for the last few days. I have heard mixed reviews about it. Some people say its an amazing racing game while others say to save your money.
I've looked at a few videos on youtube, it seems that it isnt realistic (damage and drafting, etc), but is that true?
What are the pro's and con's about this game?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
Cubivore

Cubivore's Gamercard
I've also been looking at this. It indeed seems unrealistic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; arcade racers can be great if they're done right, and we haven't had a good oval track game this gen, so I'd take an arcade-y one over nothing.
Cubivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Wingman709

Send a message via MSN to Wingman709

Wingman709's Gamercard
The game is really hard to control but then again real Sprint cars are hard to control as well due to the very nature of the car. It is not the best game in the world, but then again it is only $20 brand new so really it is hard to say its bad when it is a budget game.

I like Sprint racing so it appeals to me. I say its worth the price, but just know you are getting a budget title.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Wingman709, Nice to see you over here in my neck of the woods.

To be honest unless you are a serious sprint car fan... skip it... even at $20 it isn't really worth it. it isn't a good game for achievements 30+ hour 1000 it is very frusterating, extremely difficult and hardly fun. On the other hand if you love sprint cars and know who these drivers are you may love the game.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
Trapshooter60

Send a message via MSN to Trapshooter60

Leg1tFru1tSn4ck's Gamercard
30+hours is a very steep time frame it does take about 10 to 15 but 30+ only if you cant figue out how do turn the corners right and once u get the achievements for getting points u can pretty much skip the rest of the career as u only need to complete events on every track ona actually win all of the events on only one (for me it was skagit) as for the gameplay it is a bit hard to control but i got used to it the difficulty gets harder buy unlocking upgrades for ur car i like thw World of Outlaws so i would enjoy this game more that the average racing fan i also loved world of outlaws sprint cars 2002 for the ps2 and this is alot like that not a comparison to racers like forza 3 or the dirt series but i tink a good buy with some faily easy achievements (they just take some time) for a cheap price

GT = Leg1tFru1tSn4ck
Trapshooter60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:50 AM   #6
Majick Bullitt

NO! Do not buy this game! It is horrible. I love sprint car racing, but this game is a complete joke. I don't care if it is just $20, save your money.
Majick Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
Atarii

Atarii II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I wouldn't buy it unless you're really hardcore about sprint cars. I only got it because it was cheap but now I'm wishing I had skipped it. It's actually quite frustrating and I'm not willing to invest the time to become proficient at it to complete the career mode.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Yeah, i would tend to agree with Atarii. I'm about 75% through career, so I'm sticking it out, and it's extremely frustrating, but if you're thinking about getting this game - AVOID IT.

BladeMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:37 AM   #9
RexDarr

RexDarr's Gamercard
^^^ I have beaten this game. I found it challanging then I found hints to every track. It doesnt take too long once you know how to set your car up for the different tracks. If you don't believe me look at my gamerscore
Old 03-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
tspires01

a giantsaxplaya's Gamercard
game is a ton of fun! i really enjoyed it. not to mention it is a challenge
tspires01 is offline   Reply With Quote