PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Ivo

dutchMau5z's Gamercard
Question Questions regarding Research Master achievement!

Hi!

I've got a few questions regarding the Research Master achievement ("Max out research on all 9 research subjects.").
Do you get this with ease if you research every enemy you see (before killing)? Or do you have to get A+ a lot?
Also, there aren't many Big Sisters, are there? Do you level up the Big Sister subject anytime you kill one (so you only need four)?
Please share your findings on this achievement, haha!

Another question: I've seen a few Big Daddy's without Little Sisters... can you miss Little Sisters in a level if you kill all Big Daddy's? Or do they respawn again if you have a new goal?

Thanks!
It is much appreciated!

PS. What's the trick to get an A+ a lot? The shotgun maybe?
Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Ivo

dutchMau5z's Gamercard
Alright, you can actually get this with ease if you research just every enemy, and use the right Tonics!
Haven't found any Alpha Series yet, but I don't think it'll be an issue.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Hi!

I've got a few questions regarding the Research Master achievement ("Max out research on all 9 research subjects.").
Do you get this with ease if you research every enemy you see (before killing)? Or do you have to get A+ a lot?
Also, there aren't many Big Sisters, are there? Do you level up the Big Sister subject anytime you kill one (so you only need four)?
Please share your findings on this achievement, haha!

Another question: I've seen a few Big Daddy's without Little Sisters... can you miss Little Sisters in a level if you kill all Big Daddy's? Or do they respawn again if you have a new goal?

Thanks!
It is much appreciated!

PS. What's the trick to get an A+ a lot? The shotgun maybe?
Researching the enemies before killing them or takin' a picture after they died doesn't add too much to the progress so better to kill them while the camera is active. Try to make combos everytime, for example: freeze the enemy, shoot him with a weapon then incinerate etc. Another good methods to lure them into the water and shock them there with electrobolt, also hacking a bot and let him attack the enemy while u attack as well.
If u save all the little sisters, u will be attacked from the Big sister several times, if u use combos u can get at least to level3 research. Then in Fountaine Futuristics and Persephone u will finish the research definitely bcs they will attack again, for example 2 of them at the same time in Persephone.
If u see a Big daddy w/o little sister, u can kill him or just let him go without trouble, it doesn't ruin yr progress, but check the achievement guide u can see there how many lil'sisters u must find on each level.
A+ helps a lot, u can get it with the combos, but environmental or hacked security kills are also helpful. Try to finish the research on thuggish splicers (or get to level3 at least) before u leave Pauper's drop bcs only a few of them will appear later and they will come together with other tougher enemies u need to research and u can research only one enemy at a time so u can miss it easily.
Alpha series appear first in Fountaine futuristics but there are a lot of them from that point so no worries, btw they are a lot weaker enemies than the normal big daddies.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
BabePoop

BabePoop's Gamercard
Easy

This achievement can be done with easy as long as you remember to do it. Do not forget to keep up the picture taking through out the whole game.
BabePoop is offline   Reply With Quote