Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The best Weapons and armour in mass effect

Okay i have looked and cant find anything on the thread

So i was wonder what are the best weapons and armour in the game and the locations of these

At the moment i have all spectre master gear just want to know if there is anything better
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
badboyreaper666

Alph4 Cent4uri's Gamercard
the spectre X weapons are the best in game and as for armour its the heavy armour collosus X which if your level 50+ and do the bring down the sky dlc you get it otherwise you might just come across it in game.

X as in roman numerals for 10,spectre weapons i think theres 2 levels 7 and level 10 weapons but you only get the level 10 ones after your level 50.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Light Armor
Predator L X
Colossus X
Phantom X

Phantom armor is only for Turians. Colossus is the only one of these that makes Quarian armor.
Colossus X has the highest damage protection, mid shield, and lowest tech/biotic protection
Predator L X has the highest shield, mid tech/biotic protection, and lowest damage protection
Phantom X has the highest tech/biotic protection, mid damage protection, and lowest shield

Medium Armor
Predator M X
Colossus X

Colossus X has the higher damage protection and lower shield and tech/biotic protection
Predator M X has the higher tech/biotic protection and lower damage protection

Heavy Armor
Predator H X
Colossus X
Battlemaster X
Berserker X
Rage X

Rage, Berserker, and Battlemaster armor have the same stats and are only for Krogans
Colossus X has the highest damage protection, mid shield, and lowest tech/biotic protection
Predator H X has the highest shield, mid tech/biotic protection, and lowest damage protection
The Geth Armory Armor has the highest tech/biotic protection, mid damage protection, and lowest shield.

These are the best armors for each respective category and weight. As for the weapons badboyreaper was right about the Spectre Gear.

Assault Rifle
HMWAR X
Crossfire X
Pulse Rifle X

HMWAR has the best damage and mid shots before overheat and accuracy.
Crossfire has the best shots before overheat and lowest accuracy and damage.
Pulse Rifle has the best accuracy, mid damage and lowest shots before overheat.

Shotguns
HMWSG X
Avalanche X

HMWSG has the higher damage and accuracy, but lower shots before overheat
Avalanche has the higher shots before overheat and lower damage and accuracy

Pistols
HMWP X
Brawler X

HMWP has the higher damage and accuracy, but lower shots before overheat
Brawler has the higher shots before overheat and lower damage and accuracy

Sniper Rifles
HMWSR X
Punisher X

Punisher and HMWSR have the same shots before overheat, but HMWSR has the better damage and accuracy.

This is a list of all the weapons and armors in the individual stats. Generally you would want the Predator L for light armor. Colossus or Predator M for medium armor. Colossus for heavy armor. And the Spectre Gear for weapons.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL
exit9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Thank you that a sweet list
Old 02-19-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
exit9500

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Light Armor
Predator L X - Armax Arsenal
Colossus X - Kassa Fabrication
Phantom X - Serrice Council

Medium Armor
Predator M X - Armax Arsenal

Heavy Armor
Predator H X - Armax Arsenal
Battlemaster X - Geth Armory
Berserker X - Geth Armory
Rage X - Geth Armory

Assault Rifle
HMWAR X - Spectre Master Gear
Crossfire X - Armax Arsenal
Pulse Rifle X - Geth Armory

Shotguns
HMWSG X - Spectre Master Gear
Avalanche X - Armax Arsenal

Pistols
HMWP X - Spectre Master Gear
Brawler X - Armax Arsenal

Sniper Rifles
HMWSR X - Spectre Master Gear
Punisher X - Armax Arsenal

This is a list of the manufacturer for all the items I list above. These are the four most expensive licenses to buy. You can also get one colossus armor (human L/M/H or quarian) when you complete Bring Down the Sky. You can also get some from your apartment you get in Pinnacle Station.

Sorry I didn't add this with my first post, but I didn't see your second question when I read it the first time and had to get to class.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Once again thanks i will be getting some of this gear ready for my insane run
Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
I have the HMWSR VII weapons, where are the HMWSR X weapons?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
exit9500

exit9500's Gamercard

Spectre Master Gear X weapons require you to have Rich achievement and be level 50. When you have met these requirements, the C-Sec and Normandy Requisition Officers will sell these. It is also possible to get these from your apartment after you complete the Pinnacle Station.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit9500 View Post
Spectre Master Gear X weapons require you to have Rich achievement and be level 50. When you have met these requirements, the C-Sec and Normandy Requisition Officers will sell these. It is also possible to get these from your apartment after you complete the Pinnacle Station.
Ive done pinnacle station (not lvl 50 yet) but when i hit level 50 will they just be waiting for me there? I did go over to a machine that gave me 3 options and i ended up paying 220000 for some armour for Wrex ..... is that just like an expensive lucky dip ??
Old 02-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
Im now lvl 50, so are these weapons free now that ive done pinnicle station and got my apartment? Or do i have to do that lucky dip thing in your messages ??
Old 02-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
exit9500

exit9500's Gamercard

Your apartment gives you a somewhat random item, there set items that you can receive, some of which are items that I listed above. This system in your apartment for all practical purposes is completely random.

You buy the spectre master gear from the C-Sec or Normandy Requisition Officer.

EDIT: You can get the Spectre Master Gear from your apartment, but you will probably end up spending less with the requisition officers

Old 04-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
grimkillah

grimkillah's Gamercard
You guys forgot Rosenkov Materials. Their weapons are second only to Spectre Master Gear. While Armax Arsenal's weapon have better SBO and accuracy rating, but with the right upgrade, Rosenkov wins every time.

You add frictionless materials and kinetic coil to the Kovalyov assault rifle, and it can fire forever without overheating or losing accuracy.

Two frictionless materials and sledgehammer rounds to Sokolov shotgun and you have a rapid fire shotgun that never overheats and knock enemy off their feet.

Two scram rails and high explosive rounds to Volkov sniper rifle, combine with assassination ability and you got yourself a portable mass accelerator cannon. Due to overheating, you got same rate of fire as the main cannon of Mako (and almost as powerful as the cannon too). But it kills most enemy one shot along with any of his friends nearby.

Kovalyov X Assault Rifle
Damage: 360
SBO: 69
Accuracy rating: 50

Sokolov X Shotgun

Damage: 354
SBO: 5.8
Accuracy rating: 80

Karpov X Pistol

Damage: 276
SBO: 26
Accuracy rating: 75

Volkov X Sniper Rifle
Damage: 315
SBO: 1.8
Accuracy rating: 69

So as you can see damage is the key, maximize damage and the overheating and accuracy can be solved with the right upgrade. So Rosenkov is the best alternative to Spectre Master Gear if you are not lvl 50 yet, plus you can find them in game (Feros and Noveria) for free. I did anyway.

Another thing is Biotic amps and Omni-tools. Serrice Council have best of both.

Savant X Biotic Amp
Duration bonus: 35
Power bonus: 40
Cooldown bonus: 40

Savant X Omni-tool
Shield bonus: 35
Tech cooldown bonus: 50
Med recharge bonus: 25

Even if you don't use them, give it to your teammates. great boost to their shield and biotic powers.
grimkillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
CPT_Pequet

sh0tty sh0t's Gamercard
ooooh sweet list! i think i'm going to use my lvl 50 soldier, do an insanity run, and hit up that c-sec requisitions guy. all i can seem to find are the HMWSG IX (9's). hopefully i can find the X (10's).

Completed Games: Dragon Age Origins w/ DLC, Dragon Age 2 w/ DLC, Darksiders, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 1 w/ DLC, Mass Effect 2 w/ DLC,Mass Effect 3 w/ DLC, Marvel vs Capcom Origins, Killer Instinct Classic, Castlevaina LOS w/ DLC, Castlevania LOS 2 w/ DLC, and Bastion.
CPT_Pequet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #14
exit9500

exit9500's Gamercard

You can only get Spectre Master Gear VII and X in game. The only way to get the others (IV, V, VI, VIII, and IX) is using cheats in the PC version of the game.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
WhenDrknssFalls

WhenDrknssFalls's Gamercard
Spectre Weapons & Colossus Armor
FTW!

X being the very best of course! You won't see X level gear until lvl 50 though.
WhenDrknssFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #16
CPT_Pequet

sh0tty sh0t's Gamercard
i like the predator H & M armors cause they look like actual military fatigues. i deck out my entire crew in those armors. they have a lower damage threshold, but the shielding is more than the colosus types.

Completed Games: Dragon Age Origins w/ DLC, Dragon Age 2 w/ DLC, Darksiders, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 1 w/ DLC, Mass Effect 2 w/ DLC,Mass Effect 3 w/ DLC, Marvel vs Capcom Origins, Killer Instinct Classic, Castlevaina LOS w/ DLC, Castlevania LOS 2 w/ DLC, and Bastion.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #17
WhenDrknssFalls

WhenDrknssFalls's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_Pequet View Post
i like the predator H & M armors cause they look like actual military fatigues. i deck out my entire crew in those armors. they have a lower damage threshold, but the shielding is more than the colosus types.
Ya I hear ya Predator armor is runner up and it does look sweet.

Basically you can use either and just apply upgrades to balance them out to be just as good as the other. All a matter of personal preference really.
WhenDrknssFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #18
CPT_Pequet

sh0tty sh0t's Gamercard
does anyone know if the polonium rounds come higher than level VII? i really like that ammo type cause it cause corrosive/toxic type damage. i went through my insanity run as a level 60 soldier and couldn't find or buy any. i just stuck with polonium VII rounds from my first playthrough on my assault rifle during insanity and hardcore runs.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #19
exit9500

exit9500's Gamercard

Polonium rounds stop at VII. Sledgehammer rounds do have toxic damage though. It should be noted that toxic damage doesn't actually damage the opponent, it makes it more difficult for the opponent to heal.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #20
Jakethemuss

Thepercenter's Gamercard
I have the most powerful assault rifle in the game (HMWAR X) however even that seems weak when fighting biotics on insanity, due to their regular immunity pimping. I'm using shredder rounds VII mainly for organics and tungsten for anything machine (the machines aren't really an issue however).

What kinda rounds are best for biotics/organic enemies in close quarter battles?

Currently looking to boost; Condemned 2, Crackdown co-op

Info for potential multiplayer pals; I am a UK brah so go by 'GMT'
Jakethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #21
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
In my opinion, the best armors are the Spectre models available at C-SEC dealer and the Colossius that are red and black, those can be purchase to any dealer or found in lockers. For the weapons, again are the Spectre models available at C-SEC and the models from Rosenkov Material, they all have russian like names, those can be purchased or found. But there are some pieces of armor that I've seen only once like the geth Battlemaster armor for krogans, it looks badass. For the things you find during missions, you must be lucky to get them.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #22
mortenl

apolli0n's Gamercard
Can anyone tell me where to get Predator H X armour?

I'm on my 3rd playthrough now and still haven't seen found it at neither merchants nor in crates/upgrade kits.
mortenl is offline   Reply With Quote