PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
g4m3r7ag

Send a message via ICQ to g4m3r7ag Send a message via AIM to g4m3r7ag Send a message via MSN to g4m3r7ag Send a message via Yahoo to g4m3r7ag

g4m3r7ag's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UNO - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievements Discussion

Topic for achievements discussion

http://xbox360achievements.org/content/view/19/50/

Last edited by g4m3r7ag; 05-05-2006 at 10:09 PM.
g4m3r7ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:09 AM   #2
thieflordgamer

Send a message via AIM to thieflordgamer Send a message via Yahoo to thieflordgamer

thieflordgamer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Re: Achievements Discussion

id say this is one of the easiest games 2 get all of them in. took me like 2 weeks to beat the game on easy and veteran. fun game. little replay value, may play it through like every 2 or 3 months just to reminisce about my first 360 game.
thieflordgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
graf1k

Send a message via AIM to graf1k

graf1k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Funniest thing for me is that the mission that frustrated me the most was the repair the telephone wire Russian mission on Vet., particularly that one part where there are 3-4 Germans on 2 floors in front of you, then this one guy comes running down the stairs on your right, and at the top of those stairs is 2-3 more Germans. For whatever reason on Vet. that was a real bitch for me to beat. After that, it was pretty smooth sailing.

graf1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
thieflordgamer

Send a message via AIM to thieflordgamer Send a message via Yahoo to thieflordgamer

thieflordgamer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver

yes! i remmeber that part! i was stuck on it for like a day and a half! damn those telephone wires....
thieflordgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
RoughOutline

RoughOutline's Gamercard

Just how hard is Veteran on Call of Duty 2? Would I possibly be better off playing through it on an easier difficulty first?
RoughOutline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
DaveWilma07

Mr_M0on's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughOutline
Just how hard is Veteran on Call of Duty 2? Would I possibly be better off playing through it on an easier difficulty first?
I wouldnt go for easy, after all, this is war soldier! Nothing is easy!
I started off on Hardened and then went through them again on Veteran. Dont forget, you get bonus points for completing all the missions on hardened, not easy or normal.
DaveWilma07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:44 AM   #7
ocfp

OCFP gr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze

Veteran is almost impossible. I'm playing the game on harden so I can at least get that achievement and i am having such a hard time with it. I dont know how u guys did it so fast and easy.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:44 AM   #8
DaveWilma07

Mr_M0on's Gamercard

Its not easy mate, takes a lot of patience (especially on some of the campaigns like Hill 400). I found the best way to complete the game on Vet was by using prone an awful lot, keep advancing and staying behind cover, and of course, over using my smoke grenades. Those smokes will save your life on countless occasions.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:34 AM   #9
nestler16

NOODLEU's Gamercard

yea i beat it on normal in like a week and tried it on veteran and could barely move i would die so fast
nestler16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
DaveWilma07

Mr_M0on's Gamercard

Beating on Vet takes patience and a combination of staying prone a lot, whilst moving in and out of cover and using lots of smoke grenades. Dont forget to take advantage of your team mates as well.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #11
segs gsi

segs gsi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Poker Final Table

u aint kiddin mate u need the patiance of a saint to do this game on veteran.i've just finished the russian campaign and have gone grey with all the stress only to b told that these are the easiest levels .at least the checkpoints are quite close together but still this is 1 hard muther.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
doadea

doadea's Gamercard

I made it to the American campaign. I have found that playing veteran while it is frustrating, it just take patience. If it was not for checkpoints, then it would be impossible.

On another note, does anyone do this (as I do) ... when I hit a particular checkpoint for the first time, I am so happy I made another check point that I normally charge in to the next area with no regard to my safety shooting everything and throwing grenades, and on more than one occasion, I have made it to the NEXT checkpoint doing this. It's quite fun, and I don't get pissed if I die because hey, I just made it to that new checkpoint back there.
doadea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #13
graf1k

Send a message via AIM to graf1k

graf1k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by segs gsi
u aint kiddin mate u need the patiance of a saint to do this game on veteran.i've just finished the russian campaign and have gone grey with all the stress only to b told that these are the easiest levels .at least the checkpoints are quite close together but still this is 1 hard muther.
I would disagree with that. At least for me, the British Campaign was the easiest unless I'm forgetting something. All the tank missions were cake.

graf1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #14
DarkLif3

DarkLif3's Gamercard

I had an easy time with the tank missions as well. The only problems I had on vet were D-Day.
DarkLif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #15
porker con

Send a message via MSN to porker con

porker con's Gamercard

veteran is prety easy so ive got most achivements
porker con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #16
doadea

doadea's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLif3
I had an easy time with the tank missions as well. The only problems I had on vet were D-Day.
Yeah I just started D-Day and it took me over 2 hours last night to get over the cliff, through the trenches, then through the couple houses to destroy the 4 guns and now I was forced to backtrack to clear out the 4 bunkers, and I got one finished. 2 hours to do that.....arrgggg! It is much harder than previous levels.
doadea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #17
nestler16

NOODLEU's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doadea
I made it to the American campaign. I have found that playing veteran while it is frustrating, it just take patience. If it was not for checkpoints, then it would be impossible.

On another note, does anyone do this (as I do) ... when I hit a particular checkpoint for the first time, I am so happy I made another check point that I normally charge in to the next area with no regard to my safety shooting everything and throwing grenades, and on more than one occasion, I have made it to the NEXT checkpoint doing this. It's quite fun, and I don't get pissed if I die because hey, I just made it to that new checkpoint back there.
hell yea i do taht im just so estatic that i made it to a checkpont i just run as fast as i can shooting wildly... good times
Old 03-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #18
Major Stuart

Hi
I let my little bro play on my 360 too, When I play I take things nice and smooth never rush in whilst he runs in like a loony. The annoying thing is if there are no snipers he does pretty ok.
For me on Veteran the ambush british mission was the hardest to do. I died for like 30 mins, the 360 was so close to becoming airborne.
Major Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #19
DaveWilma07

Mr_M0on's Gamercard

lol, an airbourne 360. Would have made for heavy lifting
Old 03-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #20
nestler16

NOODLEU's Gamercard

ive pretty much doing this on vet i just dont have the skill
Old 03-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #21
EvilChunt

Sound obvious, but just don't get shot. Unlike games like Halo 2 the enemies don't get harder to kill, you just die easier.

TIP - On the d-day beach landing don't bother working your way through the trenches. A few well placed smoke grenades will let you just run across the top until the next checkpoint!

Found this game quite easy on Veteran, I'd say do normal first to get used to it then try Veteran
EvilChunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #22
NitrousPeak

Send a message via AIM to NitrousPeak

KBI Nitrou5p34k's Gamercard
I got 1000 in this (not bragging). For the most part it was easy, but D-Day bugged me the most, especially the first part of the three parts. My final solution was well-placed smoke grenades like someone else said. In the third part of the mission, 'the Silo', I breezed through most of it, but while on the silo, they made me the worst possibly timed checkpoint. -_-

For the second part of the tank squadrons, I was stuck the first two tries because of some invisible force killing me. I restarted and my allies actually beat the whole mission for me o_O

Hill 400 was the second hardest, but I found out you could get on the roof of the last bunker in the second part of the mission, which pretty much solved everything.

I don't remember having any trouble with the Russian missions on veteran.
NitrousPeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #23
jchapman

jchapman's Gamercard
I agree that getting from the cliff to the houses on D-Day is a pain. Personally, I turned left and went through the trench to kill the 6 Germans coming up to kill me from the rear, and then returned to the starting point. From there, I hopped out of the trench and took out any visible Germans using the tractor as cover. A quick crouch-run straight ahead from the tractor leads to a very deep crater that's safe from enemy fire when crouching (time to heal). Crawl on your belly up the far side of the big crater midway between the bunker on your left and the German machine gunners on your right. Toss a smoke grenade left to hide yourself from the bunker, and another one right to hide yourself from the guys in the trench, and make a standing run (and jump) over the trench and into the next deep crater on the other side. Or drop into the trench and take out the Germans on the right when they're obscured by smoke, and then pop over the side.

In my case, my allies wouldn't follow me into the houses beyond until I'd cleared the bunker too, but that was eay from the rear (and may have been a one-time thing).
jchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #24
squirreltakos

Apparatjik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by graf1k
Funniest thing for me is that the mission that frustrated me the most was the repair the telephone wire Russian mission on Vet., particularly that one part where there are 3-4 Germans on 2 floors in front of you, then this one guy comes running down the stairs on your right, and at the top of those stairs is 2-3 more Germans. For whatever reason on Vet. that was a real bitch for me to beat. After that, it was pretty smooth sailing.
meh I hate that part too. I have done 100% of the achievements now.. that was prolly the easiest to get all of them cause all you have to do is beat it... I like to play on the hardest difficulty anyways.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:07 AM   #25
MikeS437

Send a message via AIM to MikeS437

Mike437's Gamercard

man i really need help with the mission on veteran of battle for caen, i am stuck on the second to last mission where you have to tke the german house hq i always die!
MikeS437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:09 AM   #26
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
im stuck on the D-day level. i take out one of the turrets but then the other one gets me. maybe i should throw smoke grenades

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:02 AM   #27
ExtremePabs

Send a message via AIM to ExtremePabs Send a message via MSN to ExtremePabs

ExtremePabs's Gamercard
Cheers JChapman thats exactly where i am crrently stuck so I will give your method a try!!
ExtremePabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #28
AJJets107

AJJets107's Gamercard

My hardest mission on veteran was the Silo or whatever but that was really hard. I got it in a day though. Hill 400 was easier than I thought it would be.
AJJets107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:04 PM   #29
GhostWalker72

GhostWalker72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS437
man i really need help with the mission on veteran of battle for caen, i am stuck on the second to last mission where you have to tke the german house hq i always die!
MikeS437...here's my advice cause that's where I'm at too:

1. Hopefully you've passed it by now and don't even need help
2. There is a nice sticky on the board for a walkthrough...I'm going to try that way tonight.
3. My approach which has taken me to the very last part of taking over the upstairs in the HQ is this...1st, break right and go around the hedges not left and taking it straight on...2nd, wait for support troops to take a knee right at the edge of the field to the right of the HQ. They will start (successfully I might add) to pick off the German troops coming out of the HQ in multiple waves. Within a couple of minutes with your help you can clear out most. 3rd, approach the rear right side of the HQ along the fenceline and take cover behind the brick half wall behind the HQ because out to the right a series of German soldiers will try to advance and pick you and your team off. Once you have done that you can enter the HQ from the back. I go in the left door and do two things throw a frag...cross the threshold...and then back out to the fenceline or around the back of the HQ. Three or four german soldiers will run out after you. You may have to dispose of them yourself or hopefully get help from you battalion to clear them. Once that is done there shouldn't be anyone left on the first floor. Where I keep getting stuck is on the last part which is taking over the 2nd floor. I get picked off by the soldiers upstairs every time even trying to clear it with frags. I can get you that far...but unfortunately I'm useless after that. Good luck!
GhostWalker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #30
GhostWalker72

GhostWalker72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonkey Monkey
im stuck on the D-day level. i take out one of the turrets but then the other one gets me. maybe i should throw smoke grenades
Fonkey,

This level was brutal. The hardest part to me was the beginning after climbing the cliffs. So here's is how I got past that:

1. After coming up the cliffs...run...don't crouch...run to the first trench line and jump in. Immediately to the left there should be an enemy soldier..take him out. In about 5sec another 3 german soldiers will come down the same trench from his direction. They're not expecting you so take them out too. That should leave you open in the trench. Take the middle path forward (you have the option of left, right, or middle). You'll come around a bend about half the distance in and there will be two enemy soldiers sitting on the top right of the trench just cutting people in half...including you. I used my scope rifle to take them out cause it was just easier. Once you take them out you come to the end of the trench line where there are two MG42s pointing out to sea. They will absolutely carve you up. Here's where opinions will vary but this is what I did. Throw a smoke grenade in front of the MG42 in the distance in front of you and then throw one in front of the MG42 up on the left. When you've smoke them out I have heard of people running straight through but I kept getting carved. I took out the two guys at the MG42 on the left and dropped into that trench line. As soon as you break right in there a truck load of enemy will continue to drop in the trench. Keep picking them off and pressing forward. At the end of the trench line you will come to a bunker house in front of you on the right with an MG42. I learned the hard way that as soon as I tried to come out I got plowed by three or four soldiers that run up on you kind of straight an to the left. They drop behind some bobbed-wire and sand-bagged bunker. Again I used my scope rifle to take them out. After that you can enter the MG42 bunker up on the right. There is one enemy soldier in there. Take him out then you should get a checkpoint. Sounds hard but it could only take you 10-20minutes once you get into it. After that you should be able to go through it with some diligence. None of it is easy though. I don't know what some of these guys in here are talking about...this game is brutal on Veteran which is how I started it. I also struggled with the end of D-day when we took over the last bunker and I had to drop green smoke. Don't ask me why but I got peppered every time I climbed the front of that damn bunker. I finally made it crouched and then prone on the 2nd series of steps. Not easy bro but doable. DON'T GIVE UP!

Late.
GhostWalker72 is offline   Reply With Quote