PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #31
x IF L ii P

x if l ii p's Gamercard
5 panzers 2 flak 88 and no one to back me up
x IF L ii P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:08 AM   #32
dr ratlehead

Near the end of one of the levels playing as the americans you get on a mounted gun in a barn to defend it against the counterattack. One of the AI guys kept running in front of me so I would kill him then I get the "friendly fire will not be toloerated" and have to start over.
dr ratlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 AM   #33
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edw211 View Post
For me, it would have to be the Silo level where you have to clear out 6 buildings. I managed to clear out building A and duck behind the stone wall and got engaged in about a (I shit you not) hour-long firefight with the constantly respawning Nazi's... problem was... I didn't realize they respawned until I looked at the clock and realized I hit the 60 minute mark... I had thought that I could just bait them out of all the buildings and blow them away, making clearing out the houses easier... so yeah.

That single realization that I just wasted the past hour of my life and still had just as many Nazi's to kill compounded upon all the previously bottled up frustration I went through with that game on Vet to produce a wave of pure, unadulterated fury.

Thankfully, that's over now, and I can count COD2 as another notch in my still-bare 100% belt. Overall, not too frustrating an experience. Nowhere near as difficult as finishing COD: Classic on Vet was. I'm working on Vetting COD3 right now, which seems to have ramped up the difficulty a tad from COD2. Getting General is gonna be a bitch though.

I'm interested in hearing what your single most infuriating moment is/was. Think of it as that oh-so-rewarding "good laugh about it afterwards" you probably kept promising yourself in between cursing your balls off like I did.

Happy cheevo hunting,
-Edw211
Same here, the Silo level killed me, I swear I tired it at least 100 times, until finally getting it

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #34
Smolex

xsmolexx's Gamercard
My most annoying part was the ambush at Matamata, didnt realise until like the 15th try that i had smokes loool
Smolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #35
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
The Silo. That was a tickle-and-a-half. All I can say is smoke grenades, are your best friend for getting across to a building. I didn't realize that once you enter the building, the respawn rate seems to drop.

My tactic was to shoot any germans in the opening, then toss a smoke, shortly followed by a grenade, then run towards the door of the building i wanted.
Either camp outside and toss another grenade in, or run in blazing and my squad would follow and do the same thing.

I enjoyed the mortar part, simply because i was fast with the Kar.

GLAD it's done now!!

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #36
Quasi Mojo

Quasi M0j0's Gamercard
I personally didnt find the game too bad on veteran.....The only bit that i found truly difficult and frustrating was the silo. Twice I managed to get right through all the buildings and got up ontop of the silo, and managed to get a checkpoint a split second before a mortar blew me to pieces, so I had to try again and fight for hours to get through the sodding level again..for a 3rd time
Quasi Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #37
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
Everything pissed me off.

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #38
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
the ambush part I had to redo that level three times

I got past the ambush then I deleted my save like a tit

I then restarted got to the aa gun to find it was impossible for me to get to it
as the planes had glitched and came early

The stupid trench on point de huc pissed me off (until I went left instead of right

Hopefully get the game finished off soon its been stuck in a draw for a year
(due to the stupid aa gun glitch )..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #39
Jamieironmaiden

JAMIEIRONMAIDEN's Gamercard
All of it, no contest
Jamieironmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #40
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Idiotic ai im at c in silo trying to get in yet they shoot and stay at b I get in c
They ask me to check all rooms then bugger off back to d pissing me off ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #41
Ante79

ante79's Gamercard
One of the hardest part so far, Stalingrad 1943 - Downtown Assault (I think). When you have to destroy a panzer at the end of the mission, I went right and then in the middle, somehow managed to do it after many tries. Are you supposed to go left? Any easier way perhaps?

Also D-Day 1944 - Retreat? We're Advancing in Another Direction

When you have to defend for 5 minutes, I tried to find a safe spot but enemies kept coming from all directions, took some tries.

Last edited by Ante79; 12-31-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Ante79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #42
Rey Punisher

rey punisher's Gamercard
i really hate this game
Rey Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #43
MentalSplatter

mentalsplatter's Gamercard
Angry Ack

Tried getting all the vet achs and I started on the first stage, after I beat that, I hit 'go to next level', which popped me to the last level on vet difficulty.... I hadn't played the game in a loooong time, I have to say the first and last suck, and it's a bit of a nightmare now thinking to go back through the bulk of the game... and I have to finish it today, guessing it'll take about 9 hrs.
Ach hunting really sucks sometimes.
MentalSplatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #44
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
the hardest part for me of the whole veteran campaign was the beginning of d day. the checkpoint where you start after you climb the rope. getting to the next checkpoint was by far the hardest part of this game. the silo, hill 400 were nothing. i spent more time trying to get past this one checkpoint then completing both of those levels combined.
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #45
playman1

LeeroyThornhill's Gamercard
The mission where you cut the wire (or something like that) is really annoying. The enemy repeatedly spams grenades at you over and over.
playman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 AM   #46
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Yes, the silo level. A million, bloody, swear filled, tear inducing yes's.

It never ended, just reloading the same checkpoint again, and again, and again.
There were bodies everywhere man...I didn't know what to do! They were dead! All dead! I JUST WANT TO GO HOME! MOMMY!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #47
O Captain My Captain

CoolieKr0n1c's Gamercard
The very first mission on the American Campaign, where you have to disable the guns. Took a few hours to figure out I needed to chuck a smoke and then make a run for it.

Thankfully I'd beaten COD4 on Veteran before this, so this wasn't that infuriating as it could have been.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #48
gamefreakx89

gamefreakx89's Gamercard
sane part as the OP for me. funny thing is i quit the game because of the part, came back a few month later and ran past it like it was nothing.
gamefreakx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #49
retroboy

SuperDuperLiam's Gamercard
Easily the Silo level. Trying to just capture a first checkpoint took me well over 2 hours. After that it was all a bit easier.

I found that defending the bunker in the American campaign was not so bad as I would hide in the bunker front but not inside as the GAME and not the NAZIS auto throws grenades inside! WTF!

The whole game was very good but very hard. COD2 veteran is no easy 1000 and not everyone can do it. Massive respect to people who have! I now do and am glad it's over. I want to replay the game to see how hard it is on easier difficulties.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #50
COMMANDO626

XxCRABKINGXx's Gamercard
The river crossing, never again.
COMMANDO626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #51
Vladster

Vladster's Gamercard
I'm stuck at the bit where you land on the beach....i can climb up the cliffs ok but once i'm on the open field, i get my arse handed to me big time

That's my most infuriating moment so far

Last edited by Vladster; 08-11-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Vladster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #52
GoodTimes l Nik

GoodTimes l Nik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by edw211 View Post
Yeah, I'd really like to complete all the COD games on my gamercard, which would be pretty easy if it wasn't for god damn COD3 and it's ridiculous General achievement.

I finally beat COD3 on Veteran the other day, which I've heard is the worst, so I'm hoping it's smooth sailing from here. Still debating if I want to bother 10th prestiging on World at War. Though, I don't have to worry about that for awhile, since I'm still working on COD4: Modern Warfare. Gonna leave COD3 and its horrible multiplayer for later.

I absolutely love this series for its Nintendo-hardness on Veteran and it's innovative gameplay. I just picked up WAW today and completed my collection, so now it's just a matter of finishing them all.
Unless you get at least 5 mates to joined a ranked match with you, you will never, NEVER get the multilayer achievements, there is a max of 3 people online these days..
GoodTimes l Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #53
joe joe

AlmightyPlacebo's Gamercard
if you have 100% on any of the newer cods you will find this game really easy to do on veteren
joe joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #54
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
I'm on this one right now on veteran.
I'm on top of the silo misson.

Yep i died alot... mostly of unfair/cheating AI and glitchy gameissues.
And u can't run or throw back grenads... great...

Last edited by Ehrenfried; 10-12-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #55
Suki

for me the clearing the silos where the hardest part by a long way
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #56
rcscruff

RCScruff's Gamercard
Man reading this thread really takes me back. I loved playing this game! Super hard but totally achievable at the same time. I never had any problems with the silo mission. Luck I guess? And I really loved the part of clearing the 5 houses. The stupid ambush had me stumped for a long time and finding that darn checkpoint after climbing the rope on DDay was by far the most frustrating moments.
rcscruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #57
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Assault on Matmatma, probably just me being impatient and I've been playing for a few hours straight so might just need a break to relax but i keep dying on the same part where the dude throws smoke and you got to clear the area and a tank appears. I've shouted "F*** off d*** head" several hundred times at my tv tonight. pfft!

Edit - Couple hours break of watching Only Fools and Horses, I return to the game and finish the level with ease, most cock ups to do with gaming is overwork, being tense and trying to rush through it.

Last edited by Frazerz1990; 02-14-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Frazerz1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #58
BKS37

BKS37's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeuup View Post
the hardest part for me of the whole veteran campaign was the beginning of d day. the checkpoint where you start after you climb the rope. getting to the next checkpoint was by far the hardest part of this game. the silo, hill 400 were nothing. i spent more time trying to get past this one checkpoint then completing both of those levels combined.
I couldn't agree more on this one. I was playing this game during school months, so I sat down at 4:00 to play D-Day thinking that one level shouldn't be that hard. 5 hours later I was finishing. That checkpoint at the beginning was teh only part I would die at though. I tried everything - including going through the bunker, multiple times - but eventually had to resort to throwing all three of my smokes and sprinting across no-mans-land and praying.

Retail games 100%

1,000th Achievement: A Monument to All your Sins (Halo: Reach)

10,000 Earned: Jan 2, 2010
20,000 Earned: June 28, 2010
30,000 Earned: May 30, 2011
40,000 Earned: March 17, 2012
50,000 Earned: June 10, 2012
BKS37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #59
napoearth

napoearth's Gamercard
Pretty much any part where you have to clear a house, basically by yourself.
napoearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #60
BabyJawz 666

Send a message via AIM to BabyJawz 666

BABYJAWZ TK 666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
The 3rd part of D-day on Veteran. I still haven't got the achievement for D-day because I have taken a break and haven't returned yet lol Pissed me off that at the end when you have to snipe the mortor crew. There is a spot right after one of the checkpoints you have to shoot two mortor crews and if you don't kill them on time you get killed, so when you start at you last checkpoint you have 2 seconds to kill both or your dead totally impossible therefore you have to start the mission all over again.
BabyJawz 666 is offline   Reply With Quote