PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Unhappy Spinning MW2 10th prestige emblem ***New Updates!***

Ok don't jump on me, I know this is a popular topic. But I have done a lot of searching and I cant seem to find anyone that has gotten the gold 10th prestige spinning skull w/o hacking.

My question is has anyone know someone or have the emblem legit? I listed here two video proving that doing all prestige challenges doesn't work.

***UPDATE***
Got a bit of new info on the emblem. PLEASE READ!

Many people have been asking the developers how and if the spinning emblem is unlock-able, and they never responded till recently. Finally on April 3rd a reply came through from this question: "Is the spinning skull emblem unlockable yet?" and whala a response. "Yes, but I cant tell you how." This may seem like nothing, but it finally answers the question. Is it unlock-able legit? It is.

Our not so very friendly friends at se7ensins.com have cracked the code to the raw file that is the emblem to see what the unlockable text reads.

The File reads:

"level 70 and pr_marksman_ak47_4"

Credits to itchannel for cracking the .csv! Whats a .csv file? look here> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values

Meaning you need to be level 70 to have the AK unlocked, and to get marksman 4 (IV)... Unfortunately the Marksmen challenge only goes to 3 (III) .

This means that there is a hidden challenge within the AK47. Possibly.

I ask this to all my fellow COD'ers. Who here has all the prestige challenges for the AK47 finished and has used it continually after the fact? Meaning you could say you have many more kills then 2500, and more then 1000 headshots?
>There is recent speculation that you need like 5000 kills and 2500 headshots with this gun to unlock the emblem, but it is still not confirmed.

***UPDATE***
I have reviewed the .csv files, and came up with a interesting theory. the .csv exel file was made probably around the start of the making of the game, it was not updated to new challenges/ideas/emblems that were introduced later in the production. Therefore I believe that the challenge for AK-47 kills is false. It has been changed. Also reading the files there was supposed to be gold camo for all guns, excluding secondary's.

***UPDATE 06/05/10***
After through testing and reading the files of the game, a conclusion has been made that the Emblem is not unlock-able. Although people still speculate that there is something in the game is some way or format that will unlock this emblem. But as of now the emblem is not unlock-able with a challenge. I will keep you guys posted if anything new comes up.

***UPDATE 5/18/12***
The latest theory is this: To achieve this emblem legit you must complete all prestige challenges BEFORE you become 10th prestige. I find it highly unlikely that no one has tried this, but its worth a shot. If any of are still interested in this topic please post any information you might have on this.

My Guess is it is still not patched, therefore it us unobtainable unless you hacked earlier when Jtag lobbies were ramped.

Last edited by Gdubbz; 05-18-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Gdubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Coxy x360a

Coxymus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hmm, no idea :/
Ps, how did you get 'Warming Up'?
Coxy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Phate LLD

Phate LLD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Doesn't surprise me it's glitched and won't unlock properly.
Edit: enter a private match and get no accolades, at the end it will give you Warming up
Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
HopedZER0

HopedZER0's Gamercard
I have seen videos of people doing challenge lobbies and coming out of it with only the spinning 10th prestige emblem for MW2 missing.... I don't think it can be hacked yet (correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 02-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
DRCL

I Diablo D3E I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopedZER0 View Post
I have seen videos of people doing challenge lobbies and coming out of it with only the spinning 10th prestige emblem for MW2 missing.... I don't think it can be hacked yet (correct me if I'm wrong).
On the contrary.. It can definitely be hacked.
DRCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
What I'm trying to get at is what do you have to do? Is the only way to get it to hack?

Old 02-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
dynamik123

Nobody has gotten it without hacking. Even the boosters haven't found a way. For the hacking, even unlocking all the challenges in a hacked game (which isnt't detected by the game to block the unlock) will not give you the emblem, only manually inserting a code that would change every player's emblem to that, or editing your profile to have it unlocked will give it to you. It is most likely future DLC or something like that.

Team based shooter coming to XBLA soon, check it out!
dynamik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamik123 View Post
Nobody has gotten it without hacking. Even the boosters haven't found a way. For the hacking, even unlocking all the challenges in a hacked game (which isnt't detected by the game to block the unlock) will not give you the emblem, only manually inserting a code that would change every player's emblem to that, or editing your profile to have it unlocked will give it to you. It is most likely future DLC or something like that.
I keep hearing about the new DLC. Is there speculation that their will be new challenges, or be new emblems etc? There must be a challenge that would continue the "quest" to the spinning emblem if this was the case.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
Phate LLD

Phate LLD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
I'm pretty sure they didn't have the intention of unlocking the emblem via DLC. The DLC will probably just fix the glitch I don't think it was planned as such.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
There is a way to get it legit, I've seen one guy with it, and he was awesome at the game, so i don't know what to tell you.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #11
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
There is a way to get it legit, I've seen one guy with it, and he was awesome at the game, so i don't know what to tell you.
Is there any way of contacting him to see whats the specific things you need done. All prestige challenges is not it.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #12
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I can't remember his entire gamertag, I only talked to him for 2 games. I think his gamertag was xxspiffyxx or close to that.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
I can't remember his entire gamertag, I only talked to him for 2 games. I think his gamertag was xxspiffyxx or close to that.
I wish there was a way to search members. Or organize the leader boards by title or similar matches...

Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #14
Volzagia

Volzagia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It says on the Call Of Duty website you have to max out all of the challenges in Prestige section to obtain it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volzagia View Post
It says on the Call Of Duty website you have to max out all of the challenges in Prestige section to obtain it.
It would be nice if that was true.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
domn8rdom

Domn8rdom's Gamercard

I know one guy who had it and said he got it by having 500 kills with every gun (primary & secondary). This is the Veteran challenge after you prestige once.

I have the stinger, javelin, desert eagle, & model 1887 left. and then I can confirm this
domn8rdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
DRCL

I Diablo D3E I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domn8rdom View Post
I know one guy who had it and said he got it by having 500 kills with every gun (primary & secondary). This is the Veteran challenge after you prestige once.

I have the stinger, javelin, desert eagle, & model 1887 left. and then I can confirm this
Considering the video shows the person having everything completed, I'm pretty sure that's been ruled out.
DRCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
domn8rdom

Domn8rdom's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCL View Post
Considering the video shows the person having everything completed, I'm pretty sure that's been ruled out.
He did something wrong or hacked something. it said he has 20810 kills in his barracks and only 3597 headshots so how did he get 2500 kills and a 1000 headshots with each gun legit??
domn8rdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #19
Incompl33t

Send a message via AIM to Incompl33t

EAT 4 THE LOLZ's Gamercard
While nosing around, I found that APPARENTLY people are drawing to the conclusion it's something IW will award to people or their signature emblem, so, basically Halo 3's Recon.

I got 1000G on Sonic the Hedgehog. I didn't like the game, I'm just insane.
Incompl33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #20
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompl33t View Post
While nosing around, I found that APPARENTLY people are drawing to the conclusion it's something IW will award to people or their signature emblem, so, basically Halo 3's Recon.
Wow that would be a total bummer.

Like the guy who has the flaming helmet in Halo? Ouch that's only one person in the world.

The more I research the more I keep finding more false information. It appears that about 98% of the people who have it which is a very few we are talking maybe 100 people all used a J-Tag system and got it with a hack through a private match.

I think their might be a legit handful of people with a legit spinning skull, and those people are going to be hard to contact.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #21
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:

Keep us posted.

>>>In the video of the guy who got the emblem hacking the challenge award comes up and says "Completed all challenges" this conflicts with the other kids video where he has all the challenges done.

There's got to be a reason. The statement that you have to be chosen by IW makes more since now. Which would really suck.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #22
Thang Nay

Thang Nay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
Keep us posted.

>>>In the video of the guy who got the emblem hacking the challenge award comes up and says "Completed all challenges" this conflicts with the other kids video where he has all the challenges done.

There's got to be a reason. The statement that you have to be chosen by IW makes more since now. Which would really suck.
Maybe you can't hack it. Maybe it needs to correspond with his kills/headshots cause he obviously did not have enough headshots/kills to have all those challenges legitimately complete.
Thang Nay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #23
iBlessing 09
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thang nay View Post
maybe you can't hack it. Maybe it needs to correspond with his kills/headshots cause he obviously did not have enough headshots/kills to have all those challenges legitimately complete.
well he has all the emblems/titles for kills/headshots, wow!
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #24
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thang Nay View Post
Maybe you can't hack it. Maybe it needs to correspond with his kills/headshots cause he obviously did not have enough headshots/kills to have all those challenges legitimately complete.
Well he obviously did the hack to where it does all these challenges for you as seen in this video>

Old 02-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #25
dynamik123

Quote:
He did something wrong or hacked something. it said he has 20810 kills in his barracks and only 3597 headshots so how did he get 2500 kills and a 1000 headshots with each gun legit??

Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #26
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamik123 View Post
Ha he still doesn't have spinning skull....

Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #27
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCoxyyyy View Post
Hmm, no idea :/
Ps, how did you get 'Warming Up'?
Warming up is for getting 20 deaths with no kills. That's what was posted at callofdutywikia. Search emblems and it's at the facts at the very bottom.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 AM   #28
xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
Warming up is for getting 20 deaths with no kills. That's what was posted at callofdutywikia. Search emblems and it's at the facts at the very bottom.
no its for getting no accolades in a private match
xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #29
dynamik123

Quote:
Ha he still doesn't have spinning skull....
Exactly what I said a few posts ago... Except he does have it now, by editing his save file manually.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #30
Thang Nay

Thang Nay's Gamercard
Quote:
Well he obviously did the hack to where it does all these challenges for you as seen in this video>

YouTube- Modern Warfare 2 Xbox360 Unlock All Mod After Patch (With Spinning Skull) also 10th Prestige
My point was that his stats don't add up to how many kills/headshots he should really have in comparison to how much the challenges really require legitimately.
Thang Nay is offline   Reply With Quote