PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > TMNT 1989 Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #31
zebatov
Banned User

Location: 45 minutes north of the only desert in Canada. Also where forest fires get people high.

zebatov's Gamercard
This doesn't really seem like a "guide" to me. I destroyed everything in the game, (or what I thought was) yet I did not get an achievement for it. It would be nice if before making a "guide", these things were found and listed. So I'll add to this guide because I'm sure there are people out there who are stuck on these achievements with nothing telling them how to get them easily.

The strategy for General Traag is essentially the same as Krangs (below). Also, don't run into the electric beams in the doorway.

An easy way to beat Krang without using a second player is to use Donatello. As soon as Krang comes through his screen, hit him from his left side, tap left, then tap right and attack him again. Donatello can attack from farther distances than the rest and I suggest using him to get Krang's and General Traag's achievements if you don't wanna be cheap about it.

Shredder is also easy with one person. Using Leonardo, move to the bottom left corner and make sure both Shredders are there. Just keep mashing the X button and be sure to hit either Shredder if you see them start to attack you with the blue lasers.

Also, Smokes strategy for beating Rocksteady won't necessarily work, as on the 4th attack you make against him, he will kick you. It takes 5 to down him. On the 4th hit move away and then move back to attack once more. He should start blinking. Repeat this process, moving up and down to dodge bullets. If this wasn't the crappy arcade version, I'd suggest using the jump kick. But it seems to me the jump kick which is in the NES version is almost impossible to complete when you want it to because of the two other air attacks that are triggered at different heights.

Last edited by zebatov; 03-15-2007 at 01:04 PM.
zebatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #32
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
For the freeze traps, jump up and forward, they'll come out of the ground and fire forward, but since you're jumping up the screen and pas them, they won't hit you. (I didn't know where this part was, so I got railed by the first one, but I got past the rest this way.)

So, does anyone know if these can be done in co-op yet?

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #33
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
So, does anyone know if these can be done in co-op yet?
Only in public matches, not private.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #34
Smokez

Send a message via AIM to Smokez Send a message via MSN to Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Zeb: l dont kno how it doesnt work for you, because it did for me and yes you can beat shredder with one person but the achievement is for online so that part u added about him doesnt really matter

Last edited by Smokez; 03-15-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Smokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #35
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So the freeze traps still get me while I'm in mid-air. It's really annoying. Also, for Krang, won't that damn robot kick you? i find that insanely annoying.

And for the destructible objects, there aren't too many. Just the street signs, pylons and barrels. I don't remember seeing any 'hidden' ones.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Spot2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #36
Forrest2b

Forrest2b's Gamercard
I dunno if it can be done online, but after destorying the signs and cones, I had to beat the game, then it unlocked.
Forrest2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #37
Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
ill go thru the game later tonight and count the objucts n where they are that i break

Old 03-16-2007, 12:58 AM   #38
d00mgaze

Clockeye's Gamercard
superhero didn't unlock the first time for me, the second time i did it it unlocked as soon as i beat shredder...im pretty sure i destroyed the exact same amount of objects both times
d00mgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:08 AM   #39
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Ok, so all I need is the Shredder achievement. This one is REAL hard. I've gotten Turtle-d the second he died once.. Man it's annoying.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Old 03-16-2007, 01:54 AM   #40
Demon Ninja

Demon Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The onlky hard part about the turtle soup achievement is the fact that's glitched. Ive beet him 5 time without geting hit by that turtle ray and no achievement.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:05 AM   #41
d00mgaze

Clockeye's Gamercard
the krang achievement is easy, use donatello. hit, step back. hit, step back. just beat him without even getting close to getting hit, i think the only time he even attacked was one time missing w/ the lasers.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:08 AM   #42
d00mgaze

Clockeye's Gamercard
just verifying that the shredder achievement is glitched for me as well, didn't get hit by his laser but no achievement in single player
Old 03-16-2007, 02:25 AM   #43
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Ninja View Post
The onlky hard part about the turtle soup achievement is the fact that's glitched. Ive beet him 5 time without geting hit by that turtle ray and no achievement.
Same. This achievement is glitched somehow. Unless it is only online. We will need to do it online to make sure. I did it in Single Player and didn't get it.

Or maybe you have to do it w/o dying.. I doubt it, though.

Anyways, cheap tip for Shredder. Put all of the Shredders into the top left corner and you should be able to attack them without them retaliating.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Old 03-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #44
SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip's Gamercard
For the freeze trap one, I suggest having a co-op buddy move ahead of you and take out all of five of the freeze traps for you. You'll get the achievement once you step on the lift.

Also, does anyone know with the General Tragg and Shredder achievements if you can get knocked out, stay out of the game for a bit, then come back in once the enemy is about to die and get the achievements that way? Feel free to test this method out. (lol why don't YOU test it out, Phil?)
SuperPhillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #45
KloudStrife

KloudStrife's Gamercard

Can't believe the best Arcade game to come out this year has a glitched achievement

KloudStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #46
MRT TERMINATOR

MRT TERMINATOR's Gamercard

Today i finished shredder on single player without dying and therefor without getting hit by the ray and no achievement.

Later this day i played online in a public match and defeated shredder again and still dident get hit by the ray. So off or online it doenst matter this thing doenst work a shame for all the hard work.

I only need the 250 pts achievement except for the shredder achievement offcourse

1st on DOAX2, Wallace & Gromit #1.
2nd on Assassin's Creed, Crystal Defenders, OF 2 Dragon Rising, Totemball.
So Far 100 %
Retail: 34/38
Arcade: 27/33

Achievement Percentage: 97%
Points Percentage: 96%

MRT TERMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #47
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT TERMINATOR View Post
Today i finished shredder on single player without dying and therefor without getting hit by the ray and no achievement.

Later this day i played online in a public match and defeated shredder again and still dident get hit by the ray. So off or online it doenst matter this thing doenst work a shame for all the hard work.

I only need the 250 pts achievement except for the shredder achievement offcourse
Yep. A lot of people are complaining about this achievement. I have also been attempting for this, but I have had no luck. I've beaten him w/o getting turtle-d and didn't receive it. It's a shame indeed.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Old 03-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #48
JBong6

EliteAchievr420's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez View Post
Evade 15
Defeat General Traag in the Technodrome, losing 20 or less health.

Use Raphael and stand right below him, if you stand in the right spot you can hit him and he won't be able to hit you. (Thanks To Razzleson)
Wheres the right spot below him? I got hit no matter where I stood below him

JBong6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #49
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

My advice is to use the up-down method, which means you hit him in the legs (directly below him) and then move up past him, and hit him, then move down. You should be able to do it w/o getting hurt too much. I did it on my first try w/o dying once at all.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Old 03-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #50
chewy

Chewy027's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
How To Get Turtle Soup

Step by Step guide on how to get Turtle Soup:

1) This method only works in single player and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account(s) that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.
2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.
3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal
4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk
5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello
6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off
7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray
8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself but they will now all have their helmets off and not use the shrink ray
9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement
10) Enjoy your new achievement

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

Edit: Apparantly you do not need 4 players to do this. You can do it with just 2 if you like. Just follow the same steps but use only 2 controllers. Thanks to those who have pointed this out.

I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

100k on 3-10-08
155 100% Retail Completions
100 100% Arcade Completions

Last edited by chewy; 04-09-2007 at 05:09 PM.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 AM   #51
TacticalChaos15

TacticalChaos15's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMollywhopper View Post
The secret achievement is for falling into manholes 5 times... I'm so ashamed.

EDIT: As for the "guide" part... You can fall in the same hole 5 times in a row to get the achievement (I'm ashamed to know that as well...)

I think that achievement is glitched because when I beat lvl 2 I got it and I hadnt even fallen in a manhole once, so.............. I dunno.

My beloved Xbox...... May you rest in peace December 24th 2006- September 8th 2007
TacticalChaos15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:47 AM   #52
omegamustard

Send a message via AIM to omegamustard Send a message via Yahoo to omegamustard

OmegaMustard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
i only need 3 more. yay.

omegamustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 AM   #53
Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

Sorry i havent replyed or edited the guide, but my pc has been crapped out bc of some spyware i got without my pc being on. But webb what should i add for the Turtle Soup Achievement? The thing chewy wrote?

Last edited by Smokez; 03-21-2007 at 04:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 AM   #54
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Yeah, what Chewy said is tried and tested on numerous accounts and is a big success

Then when you are happy with everything, just make a new thread in the Submit forum and post the link here

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:49 AM   #55
Cause

Send a message via AIM to Cause Send a message via MSN to Cause Send a message via Yahoo to Cause

Ninersfan666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 4   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Hey i dont know if this got posted i looked for it but you can still get achivements if you do the multiplayer from home with a friend. You just dont get the online ones.

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #56
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Smokez when did you submit this guide? If it is not gettting put up I will make one.
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #57
Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

I Submitted it on March 20th. What would be the point of making a new one the site is busy

Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #58
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Oh didnt know you were submitted it.
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:47 AM   #59
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Which one is Krangs robot again? Is that the one right before the General Traag fight? Or is it in the sewer and the thing drops the little chompers out?
Arcade Completed Games 71
Phrozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:19 AM   #60
EBIL CHICKEN

Send a message via MSN to EBIL CHICKEN

BAILDONS 360's Gamercard

I believe you have General Traag mixed up with Krang. Traag is the first one, I believe he has a green helmet? Krangs Robot is the stupidly tall one which comes out before Shredder.
EBIL CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote