PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands > The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #31
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Could you be much more of an arsehole Mr. daninthemix?
Although the descriptions here are lacking in... everything, there's no need to throw a fit.

Just experiment with the cliff, I managed it once and I tried a ton of times.
BanditBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #32
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
ok so i eventually found out that it's indeed the cliff that you can fall off of and nothing you have to climb. now do you get near the rock formation on the left and close to the edge or a little ways down from the rock
Old 02-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #33
xTKWxCanadaEhx
Banned User

Canadian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great trick. I'll use this to fight Craw when I get to him.

I wonder why some people see these little tricks as "exploits".

If it was put into the game on purpose, as this was, then it's not an exploit.

Here's a random quote from this thread:

Quote:
first of all why the exploit? ha beat him on the second play through LEGIT mind you with 4 people when he was 64 ill try the exploit i didnt need a "glitch" to kill him
1. It's not an exploit. It's a little area you can jump into that helps you be defensive against Craw.

2. You did it LEGIT with 4 people? And you don't need a "glitch" to kill him? Wow. Congrats. Want a medal? I'm gonna do it LEGIT, by myself.
xTKWxCanadaEhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #34
Agent CH

Agent CH's Gamercard
Would this be your hiding spot? (That's a link.)

Agent CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #35
NathAttack

NathAttack's Gamercard
That's the one.

Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #36
Eskim0 Hybrid

Send a message via AIM to Eskim0 Hybrid

Eskim0 Hybrid's Gamercard
Wait so are the Pearlescents real or fake? And wouldnt you think they would come from Crawmerax because he drops so much and hes the last boss?

GAMERTAG::: Eskim0 Hybrid
Eskim0 Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #37
StRiKeRX220

StRiKeRX220's Gamercard
So I've managed to get into the cliff spot a couple times now, but I have problems shooting the spots on his back. I manage to take out his eye and limbs but get rocked the second I try to get an angle on his back. Any suggestions for those who've done this solo? I'm a level 61 support gunner if that helps
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #38
NathAttack

NathAttack's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskim0 Hybrid View Post
Wait so are the Pearlescents real or fake? And wouldnt you think they would come from Crawmerax because he drops so much and hes the last boss?

GAMERTAG::: Eskim0 Hybrid
Just weighing in, I've killed Crawmerax about seven or eight times with different teams now to help people get the achievement, and I am yet to see a Pearlescent weapon for myself. They ARE real, but they are incredibly rare. Don't expect a guaranteed Pearl drop just because you killed him.

Most people who have found these seem to agree that Craw is the way to go, but I've also heard a few people on the Gearbox forums say that they've gotten them from Drifters too...

Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #39
D3anz1

I D3anz I's Gamercard
Don't think i stand much of a chance at level 54 lol!...If there is any kind members on this forum who would like to help me get the achievement for killing him would be much apreaciated, and they can have the loot

GT: I D3anz I
Old 02-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #40
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Wow that picture really doesn't help me
I definatly need some sort of in game picture or video to manage to do this.
BanditBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #41
Eskim0 Hybrid

Send a message via AIM to Eskim0 Hybrid

Eskim0 Hybrid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathAttack View Post
Just weighing in, I've killed Crawmerax about seven or eight times with different teams now to help people get the achievement, and I am yet to see a Pearlescent weapon for myself. They ARE real, but they are incredibly rare. Don't expect a guaranteed Pearl drop just because you killed him.

Most people who have found these seem to agree that Craw is the way to go, but I've also heard a few people on the Gearbox forums say that they've gotten them from Drifters too...
Okay thanks. Ive beaten him 3 times but, ive only used the rock glitch once. And you would think you would have a better chance getting a Pearlescent weapon from him. Common sense.

TIP::::: IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE ROCK SPOT IS GO TO THE SECRET OF GENERAL KNOXX FORUM AND GO TO THE SECOND PAGE. GO TO xDMWx Burgess'S THREAD: THE ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE. YOU WILL FIND IT THERE.

And does anybody know if you are still able to duplicate weapons?:P
Eskim0 Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #42
WhiteDragon2501

WhiteDragon2501's Gamercard
You can still dupe weapons... They didn't take that out...
WhiteDragon2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #43
Agent CH

Agent CH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskim0 Hybrid View Post
TIP::::: IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE ROCK SPOT IS GO TO THE SECRET OF GENERAL KNOXX FORUM AND GO TO THE SECOND PAGE. GO TO xDMWx Burgess'S THREAD: THE ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE. YOU WILL FIND IT THERE.
Okay that helped.

One thing: Does this work well for soloing? Or is it totally necessary to have another player to distract the boss while you shoot from the hiding place?

Agent CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:49 AM   #44
M49907

Send a message via AIM to M49907

m49907's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtr1gg3r View Post
wow, no ones gonna buy that, nice find if it works tho, cuz someone else will find it and share it so you can keep it, and besides no one has got 9999999 left now cuz of the largest bullet =P
I still have 9999999, I just quit to dashboard after it unlocked im no sucker!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #45
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
Look you stupid prick the cliff is many times longer than your brain, and I've stood in just about every square inch of it. You don't own a fucking camera? Or a camera on your phone? You point it at the screen and click.

That is helpful. Your drivel isn't.
lol this kid is retarded, look at all the other peoples posts. They found it out easy, maybe it isn't my brain that is the problem.. ever think of that douche

ANYwho Let i update up top, ill get a pic with my phone, and if anyone that has the video thing, send me a msg and will make one up for the dummys like daninthemix =]

*also like i said in the first post.. i said message me and i would help you locate and show you like i have for about 20 people instead of getting all pissed at nothing*

Last edited by Powerman1469; 02-27-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #46
xTKWxCanadaEhx
Banned User

Canadian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman1469 View Post
lol this kid is retarded, look at all the other peoples posts. They found it out easy, maybe it isn't my brain that is the problem.. ever think of that douche

ANYwho Let i update up top, ill get a pic with my phone, and if anyone that has the video thing, send me a msg and will make one up for the dummys like daninthemix =]

*also like i said in the first post.. i said message me and i would help you locate and show you like i have for about 20 people instead of getting all pissed at nothing*
Just ignore the idiots like daninthemix and zombified 502. People like them contribute nothing to this forum, other than bitching and whining (daninthemix) and claiming to be better than everyone else (zombified 502. Hell, he apparently even "reported my gamertag to Microsoft for modding" just because I had 4 modded weapons and a modded shield that I got from some random guy online, and used to beat Madd Moxxi with. Newsflash: I'm not banned )
xTKWxCanadaEhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #47
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman1469 View Post

Sorry, I got pissed off I couldn't beat him and then even more pissed off I couldn't get your method to work. So yes I am a douche and I'll be the first to admit it.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #48
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I wouldnt bother updating the vid, you can clearly see where you are sitting.
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #49
Sigz

GsA SiggoZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCzarX View Post
I was trying this solo a bit i kinda got it to work once out of 5 trys . I can see how it would work with more people.

Also Purple Worms = Use Corrosion

Green Worms = Use Fire

Big Guy = Hit the Purple spots =) lol

There you go thats my guide P
I'd say:
Armored = Corrosive
Green = Fire
Little Guy = Shock
Big Guy = Shock (Hit the Purple spots =) lol)

Tried to get on that legde after watching your video. As long as I was crouching he wouldn't see me, but I couldn't see him either, so I'd had to get up, that when he started spitting his corrosion and downed me in two times. Now I'm pretty sure I was at the exact spot you were standing, but you you already said, the quality isn't stunning. but what am I doing wrong, cuz like this it's still not easy.

My Favorite Completed Retails:
Call of Duty 2, Far Cry Instincts, Tomb Raider Legend, Hitman: Blood Money, MotoGP 06, Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, TMNT, Colin Mcrae DiRT, Overlord, The Darkness, Tenchu Z, TimeShift, Call of Duty 4, Assassins Creed, KUF: Circle of Doom, Soul Calibur IV, Fable 2, Dead Space, X-men Origins: Wolverine, Overlord 2, Terminator Salvation, Borderlands
Unable to add m all!!
Sigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #50
BLADE THE BEAST

im new here and i have a 61 support gunner and can get him down to a sliver of health by myself but need another person to help me if someone could do that (i might b in the wrong spot thread)
my GT is the same as my name message me if u want to help
BLADE THE BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #51
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Worked like a charm for me. I found that crouching in the corner worked best. I did it with a 2 man team. 1 Hunter and 1 Siren. Me (Hunter) went to the left cornet spot and my buddy (Siren) went to a V-Shaped Ledge on the right immediately exiting the elevator with a phasewalk so he didn't get any agro. I take out the 4 legs and the eye with no problem, then my buddy phasewalks out of his spot to most inner rock spear with Craw facing him. I then quickly take his back out in 5 shots.

Rinse, wash, repeat. I've done it plenty of times and this is on Playthrough 2.

Sidenote: I have 5 pearls and my first was found off of a Drifter.

Edit: Here's a picture. (Not mine )

Last edited by Yannie Boy; 02-28-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 AM   #52
STRIKEpkgECHO

STRIKEpkgECHO's Gamercard
I've been having a lot of trouble with this. I'm referring to the video and everytime I get to that particular spot on the cliff, I duck down immediately afterwards. But, Crawmerax still keeps moving over to my spot and his minions keep annoying the hell out of me too.
STRIKEpkgECHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #53
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIKEpkgECHO View Post
I've been having a lot of trouble with this. I'm referring to the video and everytime I get to that particular spot on the cliff, I duck down immediately afterwards. But, Crawmerax still keeps moving over to my spot and his minions keep annoying the hell out of me too.
maybe your too close to him, try ducking down and not shooting at him right away, backing up to the end of the cliff then once you hear him start yelling out he should be in the spot. Shoot him a few times and see if he stays

Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #54
RebornKiller666

Send a message via ICQ to RebornKiller666

RebornKiller666's Gamercard
help

i need directions to get to him
RebornKiller666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #55
STRIKEpkgECHO

STRIKEpkgECHO's Gamercard
Thanks for the help, I managed to finish him off once and for all. 50G higher now =)
No pearls though, but I will try again soon. Got some nice shields and oranges though. I can't complain.
STRIKEpkgECHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #56
darkkloud23

Kloud1123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTKWxCanadaEhx View Post
Just ignore the idiots like daninthemix and zombified 502. People like them contribute nothing to this forum, other than bitching and whining (daninthemix) and claiming to be better than everyone else (zombified 502. Hell, he apparently even "reported my gamertag to Microsoft for modding" just because I had 4 modded weapons and a modded shield that I got from some random guy online, and used to beat Madd Moxxi with. Newsflash: I'm not banned )
I hate elitist. BTW nice find OP
darkkloud23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #57
Pandaman9200

Pandaman9200's Gamercard
took me awhile but i found the spot lol i can get him down to his back and kill everything thats out but when i step out to turn him around i get mobbed badly XD Almost got him once tho 1 shot off then he downed me and wouldn't turn
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #58
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
yeah there is other YouTube videos out there, some use rocket launchers and try to get splash damage. Some guy was using the SMG that bonces off walls to hit him. But it is better to fight him with more people. 4 people you get alot more loot, which then you have a better chance to get better stuff

Old 03-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #59
SpliCer261

SpliCer261's Gamercard
i'm gonna take Yannie Boy's picture and amend it to show what myself and a friend did..

told my friend (Player 1) to go to the following location, myself (player 2) dashed to the other location

that was it..once we were there, it was easy..he started firing like a nutjob and i had the beast with its back to me, i started pummeling it with shotgun blasts, rockets, pistols..you name it

before you know it, crawmeax fell, we were both level 61 and playing on playthrough 2..

infact, after we killed crawmy, my friend's connection was cut off and the game didn't save, we did the same tactic again and it worked.

specs:

i was a hunter, he was a siren, we didn't had to use any powers, just took those corners and shot like 2 mad rabbits, crawmy fell..oh yes he did..
SpliCer261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #60
Stevilinho

Send a message via MSN to Stevilinho

stevilinho's Gamercard
i can get him down to the last spot on his back but then im fucked on solo

havent got the mongol launcher if thats what its called and i also dont have the richocheting(sp) bullets either

so am i fucked on solo and need another player or can someone suggest anotherway other then the alucnher or rico bullets, im a 61 soldier if that helps, also hide in that 'glitch' spot aswell

Stevilinho is offline   Reply With Quote