PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands > The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #61
Bullseye281

Bullseye281's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevilinho View Post
i can get him down to the last spot on his back but then im fucked on solo

havent got the mongol launcher if thats what its called and i also dont have the richocheting(sp) bullets either

so am i fucked on solo and need another player or can someone suggest anotherway other then the alucnher or rico bullets, im a 61 soldier if that helps, also hide in that 'glitch' spot aswell
Buddy, I feel your pain--I was in the exact same boat for hours and hours (solo 61 soldier) until I finally (Yahoo!) figured out a way to do it.

So, like you, I was without any of the recommended ricochet weapons to be able to back-door his final weak spot from the ledge "Hide Spot". Another suggestion I saw was to use the Nidhogg missile launcher for its area damage, but I could never bring Crawdaddy in close enough to make it work, as that also let him see me hiding, at which time he would make me extremely dead extremely quickly.

Finally, out of sheer desperation, I tried using a different launcher on for size (I had an orange-level missile launcher that caused over 2700 dmg per shot.) My strategy, using much trial and error, was to try and time the missile's point of impact between Crawdaddy's bucking up and down, so that that the missile detonates on one of his back spines as he is down on the ground, trying to hurt the back spot using splash damage.

If this sounds hard to accomplish, believe me, it ain't easy. It was a real pain in the ass to time it just right, so that the missile passes just over his back as he's down on the ground, and harder still to get it to hit a spike and detonate. But even after all that, I would only get actual damage once for about every 20 or 30 "bullseyes" but, other than using a high-level siren (that I don't have) it was the only thing left I could think of to try, solo.

Unless you're a way better shot than I (or way luckier) you will be there a while (for me, like, 5 min< on his front five soft spots [shock machinegun] and easily 30 min> for his back)--I would highly suggest that you make sure that you have an ammo-regen perk installed. It actually only took 4 or 5 damage-causing hits for me to take out his back spot but, without a way to replenish my ammo, I would have run out long before I had hurt him enough to finally take him down.

I'm also thinking that you'd be better off with a single warhead launcher vs. a multiple--if he's facing you straight on (as he was pretty much every time for me) it's a pretty tight spot to get in far enough over his back and make the money shot, and the bigger impact area of the multiple warheads might make that way more difficult, if not outright impossible (just a thought.) And the higher magnification the scope, the better (if you've got a lower 1.9x scope, might as well bring your lunch with you.)

Good luck, man.

edit: Okay, so, since posting this I found out that there's a Youtube vid that a dude put up a couple days ago, in which he's using pretty much the same finishing move I described here to take down Crawmerax...only he did it waaaay easier than I did (he's got it right down to a science, versus my "Hey, let's see what this'll do.")

So, I'm not a fluke--it can be done, and done quite easily, apparently (just not by me.)

"Dude... It's just a game"

Last edited by Bullseye281; 03-02-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Bullseye281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #62
Frangster NL

Cool

I must admit, at first I felt bad when using this trick. It is pretty cheap. Then again I knew that my girl and I would never have the skills to defeat this beast on Playthrough 2 (or 1) alone!

Thanks to this trick, we have defeated the Crawmerax more then 4 times yesterday! We love the loot that thing drops! It's amazing! We play split-screen all the time and it just makes this trick so much easier, because we don't have to worry about the spot on his back.

My girlfriend's Siren goes up and phasewalks to the "glitch spot". The Siren shoots on all the limbs and the eye. At the last moment my hunter goes up, rushes to the back of the Crawmerax and then the Siren can shoot it in the back for the final push!

Thank's for this trick!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #63
Joker0fLife

Location: Inside of a location's local locality of localness locationally located locally

Joker0fLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I find the far right of the cliff to be easiest. He just gets close and swings, but he doesn't hit you. All you have to watch out for is his acid spit (if your a siren, just Phasewalk) and then he'll burrow underground with his back turned and you can hit him in the back. Took me about 5 minutes after I knew what I was doing
Old 03-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #64
Its Fooga
Banned User

Fooga's Gamercard
I try to do the trick but his worms and range attacks still hit me. Is that supposed to happen?
Its Fooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:48 AM   #66
cptmorgemaker

cpt morge maker's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I got the same problem Still get hit doing anything

Anyone want to try this hit me up I'm a 61 Hunter
GT: Cpt Morge Maker

Last edited by cptmorgemaker; 03-04-2010 at 01:51 AM.
cptmorgemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:49 AM   #67
96skyline

Boost King's Gamercard
I did this and almost killed him, I was strangely hit and died right at the end. But everytime I go back to do this, he is no longer all the way back, but more in the centre of the map when we start, meaning I cant get to that hiding spot. I've tried quiting and restarting but to no avail.
96skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 AM   #68
Jokerz Wildcard

Jokerz Wildcard's Gamercard
Hey I need a good team for some farming Send me a message GT Jokerz Wildcard
Jokerz Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #69
Roose91

Send a message via MSN to Roose91

Roose91's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye281 View Post
Buddy, I feel your pain--I was in the exact same boat for hours and hours (solo 61 soldier) until I finally (Yahoo!) figured out a way to do it.

So, like you, I was without any of the recommended ricochet weapons to be able to back-door his final weak spot from the ledge "Hide Spot". Another suggestion I saw was to use the Nidhogg missile launcher for its area damage, but I could never bring Crawdaddy in close enough to make it work, as that also let him see me hiding, at which time he would make me extremely dead extremely quickly.

Finally, out of sheer desperation, I tried using a different launcher on for size (I had an orange-level missile launcher that caused over 2700 dmg per shot.) My strategy, using much trial and error, was to try and time the missile's point of impact between Crawdaddy's bucking up and down, so that that the missile detonates on one of his back spines as he is down on the ground, trying to hurt the back spot using splash damage.

If this sounds hard to accomplish, believe me, it ain't easy. It was a real pain in the ass to time it just right, so that the missile passes just over his back as he's down on the ground, and harder still to get it to hit a spike and detonate. But even after all that, I would only get actual damage once for about every 20 or 30 "bullseyes" but, other than using a high-level siren (that I don't have) it was the only thing left I could think of to try, solo.

Unless you're a way better shot than I (or way luckier) you will be there a while (for me, like, 5 min< on his front five soft spots [shock machinegun] and easily 30 min> for his back)--I would highly suggest that you make sure that you have an ammo-regen perk installed. It actually only took 4 or 5 damage-causing hits for me to take out his back spot but, without a way to replenish my ammo, I would have run out long before I had hurt him enough to finally take him down.

I'm also thinking that you'd be better off with a single warhead launcher vs. a multiple--if he's facing you straight on (as he was pretty much every time for me) it's a pretty tight spot to get in far enough over his back and make the money shot, and the bigger impact area of the multiple warheads might make that way more difficult, if not outright impossible (just a thought.) And the higher magnification the scope, the better (if you've got a lower 1.9x scope, might as well bring your lunch with you.)

Good luck, man.

edit: Okay, so, since posting this I found out that there's a Youtube vid that a dude put up a couple days ago, in which he's using pretty much the same finishing move I described here to take down Crawmerax...only he did it waaaay easier than I did (he's got it right down to a science, versus my "Hey, let's see what this'll do.")

So, I'm not a fluke--it can be done, and done quite easily, apparently (just not by me.)
Dude, funniest thing i've read in ages-"might as well bring your lunch"- classic.

Call me retarded but having tried him twice I only figured out that he could only be hurt by hitting his weak spots today reading this thread. I'm level 61 but reading everyone elses posts, my weapons must be utter shite-2700 damage rocket launcher-try about 55 % of that number and you got me. Seriously gonna need some help with this behemoth, even if I do try this glitch method.
100% Retail: CoD 2, Hitman:Blood Money, Bully, Just Cause, Assassins Creed, Gun, CoD 4, Oblivion (1250), Bourne Conspiracy, OFDR, Fallout 3 (1550), Halo 3:ODST, Godfather (1250), Godfather II, Qauntum of Solace, MW2,Assassins Creed 2, Viking, Fable II (1350), Borderlands (1250), The Saboteur, Lego Batman, Batman:AA, Bioshock (1100).

100% Arcade: Battlefield 1943, Zombie Apocolypse.
Roose91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #70
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

In case anyone didn't know, it's fully possible solo. All you need is a decent sniper rifle and a rocket launcher.

*Disclaimer* Despite the title of this vid, it is NOT possible with the Berserker, he is too big to hide.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #71
Parallax Demon

parallax demon's Gamercard
Though it's possible to do this on your own, I strongly suggest doing this with two. I've killed him over 50 times now, just to help friends level up or helping someone to get the achievement.
I always hide on the glitch spot to the left. When I'm lucky I can shoot it's back first, otherwise I shoot his claws and eye and tell the other player to come up and run to the right. Giving me a clear shot at it's back.
Parallax Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #72
Muck1ngFupp3t

I've tried this loads of times now and cannot do it, is anyone able to help?

Gamertag: Muck1ng

Thanks
Muck1ngFupp3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #73
RomerosSoldier

Romeros Soldier's Gamercard
Still can't find this illusive glitch ledge point. Went from god knows how many millions of credits down to 300K. For the first time on my 360, I've had to put the game in it's box on the shelf and not look at it for about a month. Shame, this was my favourite game of the year. Damn achievement hunting, forcing me to fight that utter bast4rd until I lost all my money!
RomerosSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #74
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomerosSoldier View Post
Still can't find this illusive glitch ledge point. Went from god knows how many millions of credits down to 300K. For the first time on my 360, I've had to put the game in it's box on the shelf and not look at it for about a month. Shame, this was my favourite game of the year. Damn achievement hunting, forcing me to fight that utter bast4rd until I lost all my money!
As soon as you get to the top, run left and run as fast as you can to the furthest corner of the rock ledge.

Once you get it down, it's well worth it. I've had respawn fees upwards of $150,000,000 (per respawn) just from farming Crawmerax.

Last edited by Drucifer82; 04-06-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:25 AM   #75
WheelieMcPete

Dardantuan's Gamercard
If anyone is still looking for someone to do this with, I am on most evenings. I still have not been able to kill Crawmarex... Send me a friend request

gamertag: dardantuan
WheelieMcPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #76
Law

Avisole's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If anyone needs help I can kill Crawmerax for you. Just send me a message and if I see you online and I am playing Borderlands I will send you an invite.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #77
tazaf

Tazaf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post
What did the guy who made this video do to have 63 spaced in his backpack ?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:57 AM   #78
Udam the Ogre

Send a message via AIM to Udam the Ogre Send a message via Skype™ to Udam the Ogre

Udam the Ogre's Gamercard
I had an update today and am wondering if this has been patched. Looking for some help on this mission alone, will be willing to give up all loot or cash dropped if someone can show me how to kill this beast. Thanks

Udam the Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #79
funman

ClassicalDonkey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udam the Ogre View Post
I had an update today and am wondering if this has been patched. Looking for some help on this mission alone, will be willing to give up all loot or cash dropped if someone can show me how to kill this beast. Thanks

Ok well I need to beat him and I will be willing to help out and see if we can do it from like 16:00 GMT?

I don't want the loot, just the kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaf View Post
What did the guy who made this video do to have 63 spaced in his backpack ?
I have 75!

"I am the master of your fate, I choose when you live or die, and you will not know when it comes, When I have you in my sights....just watch as the ..... bullet flies"
funman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #80
tazaf

Tazaf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
I have 75!
That's totally unfair ^^ I've only 45 slots in my backpack...

Anyway, I think i've got my answer. Two days ago, I've seen on the Borderlands Wiki that you can get more SDU from the first five Claptraps encountered in Playthrough 2 and the ones on the DLC's. I supposed that's how you and the video-guy ended up with so much slots ?

Still, a question remain... with only 45 slots, how could I possibly take all the loot dropped by Crawmerax ?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #81
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaf View Post

Still, a question remain... with only 45 slots, how could I possibly take all the loot dropped by Crawmerax ?

You could try selling what you don't want to the vending machine below and riding the elevator back up to collect the rest.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Old 04-18-2010, 02:46 AM   #82
Infinitism

AL1's Gamercard
Ok, perhaps a dumb question, but can't say I saw this directly addressed anywhere in these 3 pages. If you're in the right spot (either left or right side) can he still hit you with the projectiles? Or does the right spot hide you from those as well?

Do those spots hide you from the other worms/maggots/whatever also?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #83
Parallax Demon

parallax demon's Gamercard
He can hit you with his projectiles when you're in the save spot. 9 out of 10 times he doesn't do anything when I'm at the left spot. But especially when there is somebody else running around he suddenly starts spitting at me.
What I always do when helping people get the ach is let them stay below. I go up and start walking back and forth just to lure him away from those two rocks in the back. When he's comming to close for my own comfort, I phasewalk to the left and kneel down at the glitchspot. When I'm lucky I can shoot his back with my first shot and after that it's an easy kill. If I can't hit his back I shoot everything else after which I let one teammate come up and run to the right, so I can shoot it's back.
Parallax Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:11 AM   #84
tdgotgame95

definately need help. GT- tdgotgame95, lvl 61 soldier by now
tdgotgame95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #85
The Rook

X The Rook x's Gamercard
Here's another video of a single player killing of Crawmerax using Mordecai.

Not me killing it. I've still to try this with my Soldier.
The Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #86
hgroce15

flipflipadelfia's Gamercard
Solod him quite a few times, but can get boring after a while, still no pearls
Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 AM   #87
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgroce15 View Post
Solod him quite a few times, but can get boring after a while, still no pearls
Agreed. I don't even try to loot for Pearls anymore. I have a few really good guns, and I'll probably just stick to what I've got. I have no interest in fucking with Craw anymore, unless it's to help people get the achievement, or quest completion.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #88
b0neszero

Ugh crawmerax can kiss my ass... none of my friends play this game, damn near impossible to kill him solo with a soldier...
b0neszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #89
The Rook

X The Rook x's Gamercard
I killed Crawmerax solo as a Soldier. You can use the safe spot as show in the video I linked above. Didn't always work for Crawmy to get stuck but does happen if you are quick.

You can take out the claws and head pods, for the one on the back, I used a single shot rocket launcher to time it so I hit one of the point spines on he's back when he was on the ground. Does little damage so will take a few hits to finish him off. You can see the word 'Critical' flash up when you know you are hitting him. Zoom in to line up the shot and then zoom out to repeat fire.

I've killed Crawmy twice using this technique.
The Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #90
GRiMP02

MrGRiMP's Gamercard
I havent read the rest of this thread, and the video wouldnt play in the first post.

My easy way......Lilith...nuff said!!

GRiMP02 is offline   Reply With Quote