PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > Penny Arcade Adventures > Episode 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
wlpetty1971

xxx Bill P xxx's Gamercard
part 3 & 4?

when will the next two sequals be released?
wlpetty1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Not for a while. Part 3 might be shown at PAX, but that's the latest news I've heard.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Voxael

Voxael's Gamercard
Tycho posted on the Penny Arcade website saying that 3 and 4 weren't going to be made any more. Apparently he intends to finish off the story though comics similar to The Cardboard-tube Samurai and Lookouts.
Voxael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
tarekegypt

tarekegypt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Member of the Month   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlpetty1971 View Post
when will the next two sequals be released?
Penny Arcade Adventures discontinued, 'there won't be an episode 3'

We preemptively apologize for kicking off PAX East with a real downer, but a job's a job ... so here goes: "There won't be an Episode 3," Penny Arcade's Mike Krahulik told Joystiq this morning. "We're actually not making a third episode of the game." Penny Arcade Adventures was originally unveiled at PAX 2007 in Seattle as a four-part episodic series, marking the webcomic duo's first foray into video game creation, as opposed to video game critique. With the first two episodes following in fairly rapid succession Episode 1 was released in May 2008 with Episode 2 following just five months later in October 2008 the prolonged absence of Episode 3 has been notable. Coupled with the news that Episode 2 only earned "one-third the sales of Episode 1," things didn't look promising for the series.

"[The game's developer] Hothead has DeathSpank and they have a chance to do something really cool with it," Jerry Holkins, the other half of the duo, said. "And they need to have an opportunity to make it incredible." With a recently announced EA Partners ... uh, partnership, DeathSpank certainly has some weight behind it. But why not create both titles? Holkins says, "They definitely could've done both games. I think they could've made DeathSpank and Episode 3 but I think Episode 3 would've suffered. I mean, I know it would have suffered. So we'd rather not do it than do it half-assed and so we're going to finish that story but it's going to be on our website."

"Right now my focus is on trying to create an episodic story-based version of the remaining games. It's going to be like a book that comes out," Holkins explained, comparing it to Dickens' illustrated episodic classic, The Pickwick Papers. "According to the traditional model of episodic fiction." Asked if the first two Episodes that did make it into video game form would be included in this episodic story, Holkins said, "I'd like to write them out, that'd be great. I hadn't considered that ... I fully intend for these episodes to include flashbacks and things of that nature."

When we compared the situation to the unfortunately terse close to the Shenmue "trilogy," Holkins elaborated, "Certainly if you played that second one and Shenmue is one of my favorite series of all time I feel that loss keenly, which is another reason I need to give people something unique."

Asked if the ambitious goal of planning an episodic series as your first video game development foray, Holkins said, "I strongly suspect there were many problems." Regardless, he continued, "Our main goal at this point is to make sure that people aren't left hanging on a narrative side, and to allow Hothead to do the best they can on their project."

We'll be honest, when Krahulik told us last August, "When you hear the announcement, you'll be like 'oooooh.' It'll make sense," this isn't quite what we had in mind. Holkins had added, "You'll feel vigor in all of your limbs." We're not sure this is what vigor is supposed to feel like.

Sorry Dude was shocked when i've seen the news on Joustiq couple of months ago

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/26/pe...be-an-episode/
Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Avenged Remains

Avenged Remains's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
That really sucks, I was just wondering about Episodes 3 & 4 (I got the first two on DOTWs and thought they were awesome) so thought I'd check if there was anything on here. I just hope I can at least get a copy of whatever they make the new episodes into over here in the UK, although it'll be rubbish compared to what two new games would've been =/
Avenged Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #6
TristanMike

Looks like I'm the only one who is relieved. Personally, I think both PA games sucked ass, but it's my personal opinion. I loved the art, music, story...everything except the freakin' battle system. Holy shit, what a terrible system and since the whole point of a game is to play it, in this case the mechanics blew goats. I had nothing but trouble with the so-called Counter/Block moves to the point that I really think they're just broken. I mean, at least in this one, you have an indicator of when to block, but it doesn't matter, because it doesn't work anyway.

Anywho, this is just my experiences with the games, maybe I'm soured on the price point, who knows, but I'll be glad when I can delete both these games off my hard drive.

Last edited by TristanMike; 07-30-2010 at 07:20 AM.
TristanMike is offline   Reply With Quote