PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
CANNONFODDER52

CANNON FODDER52's Gamercard
Whats the point of +2 veteran status?

I just went on the battlefield Veterans site and got up to level 5. I know that at level two you get the m1, but what do you get for higher levels?

CANNONFODDER52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNONFODDER52 View Post
I just went on the battlefield Veterans site and got up to level 5. I know that at level two you get the m1, but what do you get for higher levels?
What?! The M1?! For what game?! O_o'

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
up to rank 5? im rank 6 and am missing the 2142 expansion and 1943. i think it's a bit higher than rakn 5

and it just shows who is a battlefield vet. no extra goodies outside the m1 unlock
Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
What's the point of any "rank" really? Nothing. Bragging rights to someone that cares I guess. -Dont confuse this for hating on your vet status.

Never played PC games until recently on my vista MAC, felt I missed out on some great Battlefield games though, then again I'd have to of owned a PC then too. Yuck. Thought I was a 2 with Battlefield MC, 1943 which doesnt count still, Bad Company demo, and Bad Company. But says I'm a 1 still. Oh well, guess I dont get that M1? Might have to fire up Battlefield Heroes and see if that adds a vet status. Looks fun, like Team Fortress.

Yep- heroes counts- A 2 I am.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
So, op, you're talking about that Grand gun as an unlockable from BFBC2 in multiplayer, just for being a vet. rank 2? (that same gun from 1943, right...?)

'cause someone said you only unlock it by having 1943...? Where'd you get this info from?

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #6
Copyright
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumMelanin View Post
So, op, you're talking about that Grand gun as an unlockable from BFBC2 in multiplayer, just for being a vet. rank 2? (that same gun from 1943, right...?)

'cause someone said you only unlock it by having 1943...? Where'd you get this info from?
You are correct, according to the menu on the BFBC2 demo and DICE. You get the M1 and Thompson for being a 1943 vet. You could be vet rank 10 and if you don't have 1943, you don't get the guns.
I should be a 5 right now, 6 tomorrow when I put BFBC2 in. The site says I'm a 3 though, with 4 games showing. #5 is 1943 which no one has gotten credit for yet.
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:37 AM   #7
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright View Post
You are correct, according to the menu on the BFBC2 demo and DICE. You get the M1 and Thompson for being a 1943 vet. You could be vet rank 10 and if you don't have 1943, you don't get the guns.
I should be a 5 right now, 6 tomorrow when I put BFBC2 in. The site says I'm a 3 though, with 4 games showing. #5 is 1943 which no one has gotten credit for yet.
What i dont get is when I go to the veteran site to claim my GT for 1943 the site isnt working right. And ive had 1943 since that deal of 400 points. So ive noticed the site acting up for two months. How can i get my veteran rank up if its not working correctly ? EA needs to get to it.

Nvm sorry just read the rest of your comment lol XD But still idk why it isnt being fixed.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #8
Hustlinonradio

HUstlinonradio's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
What i dont get is when I go to the veteran site to claim my GT for 1943 the site isnt working right. And ive had 1943 since that deal of 400 points. So ive noticed the site acting up for two months. How can i get my veteran rank up if its not working correctly ? EA needs to get to it.

Nvm sorry just read the rest of your comment lol XD But still idk why it isnt being fixed.
DICE or EA has not update to allow people who own 1943 to obtain veteran status for it. maybe if you just wait a few days probably after the 4th when everyone gets the game and then it try again and it will authenticate.

I am a Veteran Level 2 because i have BC1 and Heroes and tommorow i am getting BF2, all the expansion packs and BC2 so i will be sure to rise in level
Hustlinonradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
iCondemned

iCondemned's Gamercard
I got the M1!!! ;D
iCondemned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
Apexeus

Apexeus's Gamercard
They were supposed to fix the BF1943 veteran status just after the game came out, anyone remember how many months ago that was now?

If we see a fix in the next few weeks i'll be gobsmacked. I should by rights be Veteran 7 when i get my hands on BC2, but, my 1942 code won't work, and 1943 is still screwed.

Apexeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
IncensedCape

IncensedCape's Gamercard

I hate Dice for releasing this game on Friday in England I'm so jealous of you guys in the US. Oh well, at least I get the M1 and the Thompson on release day.

IncensedCape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #12
Rolyatkcinmai

Send a message via AIM to Rolyatkcinmai

Rolyatkcinmai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have every game on the Veteran list so I should be rank 8, but I'm still rank 6 because 1943 and BC2 don't work.

100%: 50 PS3 Trophy Level: 6
If you use "cheevo" in place of "achievement" I will completely ignore your post.
100,000 hit May 23rd, 2010.
Rolyatkcinmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
CRAPYKAUH

Send a message via AIM to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via MSN to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via Yahoo to CRAPYKAUH

CRAPYKAUH's Gamercard
Ok may I ask what the hell?
Battlefield BC lights up as does Battlefield Heroes yet my veteran level is still a 1?
this really bites...

Most Recent ~50~ Halo Wars

CRAPYKAUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
Apexeus

Apexeus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAPYKAUH View Post
Ok may I ask what the hell?
Battlefield BC lights up as does Battlefield Heroes yet my veteran level is still a 1?
this really bites...
Thats how it works mate, the first game doesn't count, the second puts you up to Veteran 1, the third game = Veteran 2 etc etc.

Apexeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Umm some people are running around with Garands right now. Yet on the veteran website I still cant select it... How did they get it?
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #16
IncensedCape

IncensedCape's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Satyr View Post
Umm some people are running around with Garands right now. Yet on the veteran website I still cant select it... How did they get it?
I was thinking the same thing...I'm currently watching a stream and the guy is switching between various weapons, including the Thompson and the Garand. Wtf?

IncensedCape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #17
CRAPYKAUH

Send a message via AIM to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via MSN to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via Yahoo to CRAPYKAUH

CRAPYKAUH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexeus View Post
Thats how it works mate, the first game doesn't count, the second puts you up to Veteran 1, the third game = Veteran 2 etc etc.
well that sucks...
does BFBC2 count?
I have 1943 but as we all know we can't get that to work...

Most Recent ~50~ Halo Wars

CRAPYKAUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #18
Thelorn

Thelorn's Gamercard
I was reading on the battlefield forums that you can have your BF1943 linked to your account by asking for help in the support chat. It will not light the badge up on the veteran page but it will register and show your new number. I did not try this as I don't really care if I raise one more number. support.ea.com/chat

"I don't bring my family with me, back in the day, a ninja didnít have his girlfriend sitting in the tree waiting to kill shit.Ē

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Thelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
II M1CK3H II

II StrikeR x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelorn View Post
I was reading on the battlefield forums that you can have your BF1943 linked to your account by asking for help in the support chat. It will not light the badge up on the veteran page but it will register and show your new number. I did not try this as I don't really care if I raise one more number. support.ea.com/chat
Cheers for that, gonna try

Also people may have the M1 garand and thompson already because the game doesnt specifically state that you need 1943 to unlock them (on the demo's/beta's that is). All it says is "You must be a Battlefield Veteran to obtain this item", and it only says it for the M1 garand. The Thompson is a normal unlock according to it (the LIMITED EDITION contains a code for an EARLY unlock for the Thompson too, so I'm guessing it isnt only for Vets.

I'd check but since I downloaded the PC version (untill my 360 version arrives on Thurs) I can't access any multiplayer features on it.

II M1CK3H II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #20
Thelorn

Thelorn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by II M1CK3H II View Post
Also people may have the M1 garand and thompson already because the game doesnt specifically state that you need 1943 to unlock them (on the demo's/beta's that is). All it says is "You must be a Battlefield Veteran to obtain this item", and it only says it for the M1 garand. The Thompson is a normal unlock according to it (the LIMITED EDITION contains a code for an EARLY unlock for the Thompson too, so I'm guessing it isnt only for Vets.
Yeah I'm only showing up as a 2 veteran and my 1943 is not linked to my account/veteran page. However I do have the M1 Garand,Thompson and M1911 pistol. Pre-ordered and Limited Edition. So I'm not sure on the 1943 giving it.

Chat Note: I tried doing the support chat to ask about the 1943 weapons already being unlocked but not being credited for 1943 on veteran status. However after waiting for 20mins and it finally being my turn I got this message. "The chat request has been canceled, No agents are currently available" I may try again later but since I already have the weapons unlocked I'm not to worried about it. Let me know if you have any luck.

"I don't bring my family with me, back in the day, a ninja didnít have his girlfriend sitting in the tree waiting to kill shit.Ē

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Last edited by Thelorn; 03-02-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #21
II M1CK3H II

II StrikeR x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelorn View Post
Yeah I'm only showing up as a 2 veteran and my 1943 is not linked to my account/veteran page. However I do have the M1 Garand,Thompson and M1911 pistol. Pre-ordered and Limited Edition. So I'm not sure on the 1943 giving it.

Chat Note: I tried doing the support chat to ask about the 1943 weapons already being unlocked but not being credited for 1943 on veteran status. However after waiting for 20mins and it finally being my turn I got this message. "The chat request has been canceled, No agents are currently available" I may try again later but since I already have the weapons unlocked I'm not to worried about it. Let me know if you have any luck.
Damn, I'd be pissed if that happened to me. It probably will now

Position 51 and counting, will get back to you.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
II M1CK3H II

II StrikeR x's Gamercard
"Scott: I am sorry I am not able to receive any text from you due to some technical fault, please contact us again.

As I am not receiving any text from you, please log out and contact us again. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Exceptional EA service as usual....

Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #23
Thelorn

Thelorn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by II M1CK3H II View Post
"Scott: I am sorry I am not able to receive any text from you due to some technical fault, please contact us again.

As I am not receiving any text from you, please log out and contact us again. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Exceptional EA service as usual....
Yeah, sounds about right. Be nice to get some kinda word on this. :/

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #24
M49907

Send a message via AIM to M49907

m49907's Gamercard
I have every Battlefield game + most expansions, except the Modern Combat and there is a MC2 right? They never apealed to me very much. I had Bad Company 1 but I sold that, and don't know if I registered it. It is a community thing, because the Battlefield community is one of the best in gaming. This is how us vets identify eachother.

Last edited by M49907; 03-03-2010 at 12:26 AM.
M49907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #25
garrett007

garrett007's Gamercard
I am a rank one with modern combat and bad company 1 and the bad company 1 demo. Will EA ever fix 1943 and bad company 2? Why doesn't the demo count as a rank?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #26
Thelorn

Thelorn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by M49907 View Post
I have every Battlefield game + most expansions, except the Modern Combat and there is a MC2 right? They never apealed to me very much. I had Bad Company 1 but I sold that, and don't know if I registered it. It is a community thing, because the Battlefield community is one of the best in gaming. This is how us vets identify eachother.
If you played Bad Company 1 online at least once you can register it to your status. veteran.battlefield.com goto bad company 1 and it'll ask for your Gamertag.

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #27
Rolyatkcinmai

Send a message via AIM to Rolyatkcinmai

Rolyatkcinmai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett007 View Post
I am a rank one with modern combat and bad company 1 and the bad company 1 demo. Will EA ever fix 1943 and bad company 2? Why doesn't the demo count as a rank?
Why would the demo count as a rank? That's absurd.

Expansion packs and booster packs (BF2) also don't add ranks unfortunately, or I'd be about rank 15.

100%: 50 PS3 Trophy Level: 6
If you use "cheevo" in place of "achievement" I will completely ignore your post.
100,000 hit May 23rd, 2010.
Rolyatkcinmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #28
garrett007

garrett007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolyatkcinmai View Post
Why would the demo count as a rank? That's absurd.

Expansion packs and booster packs (BF2) also don't add ranks unfortunately, or I'd be about rank 15.
I thought it might because they have it listed on the veteran page.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #29
Thelorn

Thelorn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett007 View Post
The 1943 has been broken since it first came out. We've been told it's going to be fixed for Bad Company 2 so time will tell. As for Bad Company 2 working, I doubt it'll work until they fix the 1943 problem and I'm guessing they will fix both at the same time. As for demo's I dunno, maybe because it's a demo? You can get credit for Bad Company 1 demo but it doesn't count toward your rank, just a badge. Maybe they will add a badge for Bad Company 2 in the future, but don't plan on getting a rank for it.

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 AM   #30
II M1CK3H II

II StrikeR x's Gamercard
Update: Just got through to the live chat after trying for the fourth time because of 2 dc's -.- But anyway, the guy who responded asked for which console i owned 1943 on and what my email address was so he could assign veteran status to it

So I assume this is gonna work, cant thank you enough for the chat suggestion mate