PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Lips > Party Classics
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
elsmitmyster

elsmitmyster's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Party Monster achievement glitched?

Okay, I've been through all 40 songs (got a trophy on 38 of them), checked my ranking on each and I have points either in single player or co-op, but the PARTY MONSTER achievement for scoring points in all 40 songs has not unlocked - anyone else experienced this?

elsmitmyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
DivinityCycle

Send a message via AIM to DivinityCycle Send a message via MSN to DivinityCycle Send a message via Yahoo to DivinityCycle

DivinityCycle's Gamercard
Yeah I am having a similar experience. I'm actually plowing through all the songs in Solo mode right now, since I have already covered all of them in Co-op.

There are two things that may have messed me up:
-Most of the time when playing this game I was not online. Apparently for a bunch of the stats-related stuff to happen you do need to be on Live.
-My friends played a bunch of songs using the Short version as opposed to Full version. I have no idea if this actually matters...
Old 03-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
It happened to a friend as well, so he went back to the start of the list and sung them all solo and the achievement unlocked. Hope that helps.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
DivinityCycle

Send a message via AIM to DivinityCycle Send a message via MSN to DivinityCycle Send a message via Yahoo to DivinityCycle

That's what I'm doing, this time keeping a written list of which ones I have done. What's messed up is that the "Sing 20 songs" achievement unlocked while both me & a friend were playing Co-Op. So could it be that the 40-song achievement requires you to be solo? That would be pretty stupid, but would also explain the behaviors seen so far.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
BR4DY

BR4DY's Gamercard
I managed to get the achievement with no problems, played a mixture of vs and coop to get it and it unlocked on the 40th song as expected.
BR4DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
EcT Felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinityCycle View Post
That's what I'm doing, this time keeping a written list of which ones I have done. What's messed up is that the "Sing 20 songs" achievement unlocked while both me & a friend were playing Co-Op. So could it be that the 40-song achievement requires you to be solo? That would be pretty stupid, but would also explain the behaviors seen so far.
It sang every song in co-op or duell and got the achievement
Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
elsmitmyster

elsmitmyster's Gamercard

Mmmm, looks like I'll try em all again then. Really strange though because I played all in full and my stats for each song compare my stats with friends. Oh well, need a shed load more stars and medals anyway. . .

Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
keightley1980

keightley1980's Gamercard
i just went through them one by one and then finishing off with the song i hate the most... doctor jones by aqua
keightley1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
DivinityCycle

I now have a trophy on every single song, still no Achievement. I just double-checked, and now I'm looking at My Lips, where I have 10 Gold, 25 Silver, and 5 Bronze.

I think it may be messed up because I played a bunch of the Party Classics songs while technically running Number One Hits. Would that matter? Like if I started #1 Hits and then swapped discs to play the Party Classics songs? Thats the last thing I can think of. Really annoyed at this
Old 03-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #10
DivinityCycle

WOW. uhh so I just started doing my Challenge Wins achievement, and the Party Monster achievement popped right after I ended my first Challenge song. I was doing Addicted To Love, a song I already have a Trophy for...
Old 03-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #11
elsmitmyster

elsmitmyster's Gamercard

Just finished my second run through of all songs and still no achievement. This is getting on my nerves now. . .

Old 03-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
EcT Felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinityCycle View Post
WOW. uhh so I just started doing my Challenge Wins achievement, and the Party Monster achievement popped right after I ended my first Challenge song. I was doing Addicted To Love, a song I already have a Trophy for...
That happend to me as well.. After singing "Addicted to love" twice i got it.

and btw you HAVE to use the Party Classics disc to sing EVERY song, you cant disc swap! And you cannot sing short version too.!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #13
elsmitmyster

elsmitmyster's Gamercard

Well I finally got it. . . Decided to look at my stats for co-op and sing the songs I'd not done that mode yet. Got it by the fifth one in, thank God. What a pain in the ass.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
My wife and I had no problems getting this. We played through every song in VS Mode in alphabetical order. It unlocked after we finished You're Beautiful.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #15
Darth Trom

Darth Trom's Gamercard
I got it! I think you have to start off on Party Classics and not on Number one hits or the original Lips for each song.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #16
Ravenousguy

HYBRID HIVE's Gamercard

I didn't have any luck doing every song co-op either.
Right now im running through it single player and hopefully that will solve the problem.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #17
PhoenixAndy

PhoenixAndy's Gamercard
Yep, suffering the same problem.

Done a mixture of Solo & co-op, got points on all of them, did them all from the PC disc, was logged into Live the whole time.

Guess I'll go back through the ones I've only done co-op (which is most of them) and do them again solo to see if that helps any.

Stupid glitch
PhoenixAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #18
PhoenixAndy

PhoenixAndy's Gamercard
Now I've done every song solo, still no achievement.

Judging from what people have said here, I have 2 things left to try before I start a new save (after backing up the current one to a usb stick):

Do all songs in co-op.
Do challenges.
PhoenixAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #19
Sandalfoot

For people who are having trouble with this achievement you might want to check to see if you happened to download the song as DLC and sang it before the Party Classics disc came out.

My friend had this issue, but then when she went back though the song list, she realized 3 of the songs were purchased as DLC before the disc was released. After she sang those three songs with the Party Classics disc in, the achievement popped.

Just something else to look at.
Sandalfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
MusePT23

MusePT23's Gamercard
I'm having trouble with this one too... but I discovered what the problem is... I just can't solve it...

I don't know why but with my GT when I load the game it only has 35 songs... there are 5 songs missing...

I loaded the game with another GT and the 5 missing songs are there :s

The songs that don't show:
Aqua - Doctor Jones
Whitesnake - Is This Love? (this one and the aqua song I know I sang them before)
REM - Shiny Happy People
Lynyrd S... - Sweet Home Alabama
Cameo - Word UP

How can I solve this???? I already cleared the Memory Cache but it didn't solve it
MusePT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #21
Purple montu

Hey guys I am having the same problem, basically, I have sang all 40 of the songs now but the 40 song achievement wont unlock. The 20 song one unlocked, but now, for some reason the achievement screen is saying I have now completed the game? and have 58 out of 58 achievements, yet the gamerscore is showing 1380 out of 1750. Now when I put in I <3 the 80s it shows on the achievement screen as 58 out of 70 achievements unlocked but when I go back to party classics its going back to saying its completed when it obviously isnt. It is also shsowing lips as completed on my completed games screen along with other games I have completed. I have tried clearing the cache for my xbox but that didnt work, and I dont really know what else to do, so any ideas? As I really want this to unlock as its valuable gamerscore that I technically have earned already!
Purple montu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #22
MusePT23

MusePT23's Gamercard
well, what I did was move my saved game file to a pen and started the game... it then showed me the 40 songs instead of the 35 it shows when I'm with my saved game file... I played the 40 songs... didn't sing them, just scored some points in the beggining of the song and them let it finish while I was doing something else cause the medals and stars won't count for me because I wasn't using my saved game...

Played the 40 songs... achievement unlocked... exited the game... moved my savegame back to the HDD loaded up the game and it still only shows the 35 songs but now I have the party monster achievement...

So check if you have all the 40 songs available from the disc with your save game file, just sort it by disc and then count them... maybe you have the same problem as me and it doesn't show all the 40 songs
MusePT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #23
lynnegrunt

lynnegrunt's Gamercard
I can't unlock any of the 10, 20, 40 (party) song achievements

Can anybody help me unlock the achievements for party starter, party animal and party monster? I have every lips game but I bought number one hits first and I have 1135 points on them and 48 achievements. However the actual amount of achievements I can earn varies between 49, 58 and 70 in total depending on what disc I have in at the time. I'm finding this very strange and I think it may have something to do with the original lips disc.
lynnegrunt is offline   Reply With Quote