Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #61
NINERS2KX

NINERS2KX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkaiah View Post
Game is still fresh in my mind, there aren't a load of puzzles really, just bits of timing and clever use of items that you're already given, more like mild Zelda-type puzzles than what I call a puzzle. Silent Hill grade puzzles I'm meaning, Darksiders has very little in the way of tough puzzles in my opinion.
yeah, its just like zelda

arena fight > search dungeon > puzzle > boss > repeat

NINERS2KX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #62
Action!

TrueDevilHunter's Gamercard
A quick look at the games that you've played reveals quite a few games that are genuinely horrible, yet this game which in my opinion is quite solid gets your scorn?
I mean obviously I am not the only one confused by your stance judging by the rebuttals in this thread, but I still cant help but be confused
I agree that it has its issues, including mediocre combat and derivative gameplay mechanics, but I still found the game to be quite fun despite these issues.

It has like an 83% on metacritic so I guess not many reviewers share your negative sentiments.
Action! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #63
BuzzerBeater911

buzzerbeater911's Gamercard
Honestly I think you were just angry when you wrote this, because the cons that you listed didnt apply to me at all. This game is fun, cool, and interesting.

52 Games completed

Watch my 50 completed games celebration video here.
BuzzerBeater911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #64
drunkdaddy69

hes just a troll. he did finish the game. hes played LOTS of games and most of them he quits early.
drunkdaddy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #65
MrFrost

The MrFrost's Gamercard
I just finished this game. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess.

I thought the story was downright awesome. The end totally left you salivating like a dog for a few sequels.

Graphics were crisp and nice, I thought.

Decent hack and slash gameplay. A little collecting, a little exploration, an all around great game I'd say.

I suggest you give it another try.

Frost

MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #66
Bahaumaut

Bahaumaut's Gamercard
I played through it, and unfortunately the 'hardest' difficulty is an issue of Way Too Hard early on, and middling in the late game. Not sure if you can keep some of your stuff and restart on apocolyptic difficulty (weapon levels and skills unlocked) or not. I got angry several times because of a sheer lack of health and a lack of ways to get health back early on, particularly in dungeons. Late game, you get ways to harvest it, and as enemies are easier to kill, you can easily buy health 'potions' as well.

The controls are a bit sluggish and unresponsive. Not incredibly so, but after encountering the problem mentioned with ledges, I tried playing around. Sometimes, there's a noticible lag between a button press and the character's action, particularly jumping. Lag is something you'd expect in an online shooter, not with a console game with a wired remote. Between that and the combat (probably also part of the lag), I had too much of a bad taste from this game. A shame, because it tries to be a good Zelda clone with a Soul Reaver / Legacy Of Kain mythos to it (more heaven/hell than vampires).

AM WILLING TO HELP WITH ACHIEVES WHERE I CAN

Send messages to inquire. Some games I no longer have. Ones I have I can help with.
Please include information in the message, and not just a friend request.
Gamertag: "Bahaumaut"
East Coast, USA (EST/EDT timezone)
Available gaming/boosting times:
Weekdays: 7:00PM - 12:00PM (EST/EDT)
Weekends: Generally all day (EST/EDT)
Bahaumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:27 AM   #67
Kougoe

Send a message via MSN to Kougoe

Kougoe's Gamercard
Unoriginal? I havent seen another game that brings in the whole four horsemen buisness before. The gameplay though is very similar to Viking Battle for Asgard.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #68
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kougoe View Post
Unoriginal? I havent seen another game that brings in the whole four horsemen buisness before. The gameplay though is very similar to Viking Battle for Asgard.
There used to be a game about horesemen coming to Xbox1, GameCube, PS2 and PC. It was canceled in 2003. For few more details go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fou...8video_game%29

About Darksiders - great game, I really enjoyed it. I really liked puzzles, especially one where you have to redirect the beams (room with cages/elevators was awesome). For me its 8/10 (it's very high by my standards.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #69
oXo DEEZY oXo

Send a message via Yahoo to oXo DEEZY oXo

xBigDEEZYx KinG's Gamercard
i actualy liked it but w/e i dont see what you're saying i never got any engine lag but the controls were bad and it was awfully repetitive
oXo DEEZY oXo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #70
scoonmillar

BRITPAC SCOON's Gamercard
loved this game and hope a 2cnd is coming
scoonmillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #71
vvalentin85

The Punish3r 06's Gamercard
Man you really suck,hey,please close this topic,because everybody here love this game,it's the best i have played of this genre.

It was better a poll,not this thread.
vvalentin85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #72
TF141 ECHO

TF141 ECHO's Gamercard
IMO this game had one flaw, there was too much too unlock and no New Game+. Had to spend waaaay too much time killing the same 15 guys in the desert whilst riding Ruin. Other than that, loved it.

"CLICK ON SIGNATURE"
TF141 ECHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #73
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvalentin85 View Post
Man you really suck,hey,please close this topic,because everybody here love this game,it's the best i have played of this genre.

It was better a poll,not this thread.
Being as it hadn't been posted in for a couple of weeks, if you hadn't posted that it wouldn't need to be closed as it would of just disappeared down the board.

But now you've gone a bumped it back up. Congrats!

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #74
iLLMATICxKiNG

iLLMATICxKiNG's Gamercard
This is one of my favorite games.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #75
entropic

entropic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
Hi

I have gamefly and I usually visit a games' forum and do a little write-up if the game is horrible. I'm just going to share a short list this time, though.

Pros:

- Interesting characters
- Environments are convincing
- Good soundtrack

Cons:

- Dated graphics
- Repetitive, uninspired gameplay
- Unbalanced combat
- Lack of creativity (unoriginal game)
- Bad checkpoint / saving system
- Extremely clunky controls
- Engine lag (you will often walk off every platform you try to jump from due to the engine's latency)
- Broken dodge / block system
- You have to load a game to refill your health

My score: 3/10

The game is almost unplayable. It's plagued with issues, is not fun, and seems like an unfinished product. Try it or buy it at your own risk, not recommended.
Did you seriously just write the fact that you have to reload the game to refill your health as a CON? I also assume you are so bad at gaming, that you complained about it in almost every other Action/Adventure platformer that does this? If my health refilled after running away from combat, this would be the easiest game in the world. Whoever said the quote about the youth of today wanting nothing but a straight path to the boss and a mega guns was dead on.

I play games because they are engaging, and challenging (which this one is) - clearly you do not.
entropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #76
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
It's been said before and I'll say it again, the guy who posted this was obviously trolling. All this is doing now is bumping up a troll thread that is best left forgotten. Stop posting here and let the stupid troll thread die already, we all know this game is awesome and the OP has a bad opinion of it, it's been said over 3 pages now. There is nothing new to add anymore, so just please. LET. IT. DIE.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #77
Brako(BVD)

Brako Von Doom's Gamercard
I have to disagree with the OP, and say that Darksiders has to be the best casual hack & slash since Viking : Battle for Asgard.
Brako(BVD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #78
theAnomie

I know a lot of people have already constructed great arguments, but I had to put in my piece because this is a great game. It builds on the now tired foundation of Zelda games with a fresh and interesting approach and is deserving of any action/adventure fan's time.

In response to the OP:

Dated graphics - Alright, it doesn't look like Gears of War, but the environments are huge, detailed, have practically no load time whatsoever and you're often fighting dozens of enemies at a time with little or no slow-down. That's no small feat.

Repetitive, uninspired gameplay - Not quite. This game contains exploration and collection elements of Metroid, dungeons ala The Legend of Zelda and combat based on God of War with nods to Devil May Cry. Not to mention the game continually shifts pace pace with the flying section, shooter sections and more.

Unbalanced combat - The combat becomes sameish after 30-40 hours, but in no way is it unbalanced. Any enemy can be blocked, dodged or countered with correct timing. The game gives you the opportunity to learn enemy movements by facing one on its own and then adding others to the mix. The weapons have specific functions aswell, the sword is great for ploughing through a tough enemy and aerial combat while the secondary weapons aid in crowd control.

Lack of creativity - Just walk through the different settings and look at the characters. The artwork is great. Andin terms of mechanics, what game is truly new? Most FPS's are the same mechanics with different scenery and a unique gimmick such as bullet time. This game doesn't hide the fact it has borrowed ideas from others, but the developers chose some brilliant games to emulate and combined them into something that works.

Bad checkpoint / save system - You can save whenever you like. It autosaves every time you enter another area. Don't bitch because it sends you back to the beginning of a fight.

Clunky controls - Occasionally War doesn't block or you miss a platform. Sometimes it's a little confusing as to what you should press because he has about 5 million actions. And what? In a game that does so much, a missed jump here and there means nothing.

Engine lag - Have you seen the size of the game? With little or no load time. I think it earns the right to slow down for a couple of seconds once every few hours. And the platforming isn't a problem, simply adapt to it.

Broken dodge/block system - Noob.

You have to load a game to refill your health - I would imagine it's an intentional idea so you actually use your health items and fight defensively. Other games in the genre do precisely the same, why should it be such an issue here?
theAnomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #79
mad4ra

mad4ra's Gamercard
I think i played through all hack&slash games that were released the past years (i havent played Nier yet) and i in my opinion Darksiders is in the Top 3 next to NGII and Bayonetta... hell it was damn fun and the Zelda genre mix in was brilliant..the story was refreshing and something new and i actually cared about it

Repetitive...oh i love this word, of course THIS game is repetetive but every game is hell u cant change the gameplay every 2 minutes that would be ridicilous...but i bet youre one of the Halo and CoD Players that say "ooooh this game is soo good, its so much fun online" of course FPS are never repetetive, NEVER...

And besides in my opinion Dantes Inferno wasnt as good, the story, graphics was nice but the gameplay was a cheap broken NGII fake, but maybe im too sensetive because the NGII gameplay response was godlike it never betrays you, when you are making a mistake you gonna feel it!

Im done.
mad4ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #80
Livid Metal

Livid Metal's Gamercard
I thought the game was pretty awesome.
Livid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #81
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Originally Posted by Oinkness

- Dated graphics - Might be abit, nevertheless, it's still a good looking game.
- Repetitive, uninspired gameplay - As "uninspiring" as any hack'n'slash gameplay I would say. This is really how the genre is. If you don't like it, you know what to do.
- Unbalanced combat
- Lack of creativity (unoriginal game)
- Bad checkpoint / saving system This I don't understand. You can save at any point and checkpoints are regular.
- Extremely clunky controls - I've heard ppl complaining about controls, but I have no problem with em.
- Engine lag (you will often walk off every platform you try to jump from due to the engine's latency) - If you often walk of every platform you try to jump from you need to work on you're timing
- Broken dodge / block system - The block system could have been better, but the dodge is ok.
- You have to load a game to refill your health - What's wrong with this?

My score: 3/10

The game is almost unplayable. It's plagued with issues, is not fun, and seems like an unfinished product. Try it or buy it at your own risk, not recommended.

-----------------

Really can't understand things as "the game is almost unplayable". I really really really really canno't understand it.
I love the game. Really I do. What I didn't like was Bayonetta.

I recommend it!

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #82
DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
Banned User

gqxshadow's Gamercard
the guy who posted this is a fuckin retard and couldnt tell a good game from a bad one!!! dante inferno was not that good it was decent, how you say this game is so bad and dante is great is beyond me but if you got a problem with a game please do not post this game is bad stay away cause your god awful taste may not be the same as others, FYI dantes inferno graphics were not that good Darksiders is a 100x better
DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #83
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn View Post
the guy who posted this is a fuckin retard and couldnt tell a good game from a bad one!!! dante inferno was not that good it was decent, how you say this game is so bad and dante is great is beyond me but if you got a problem with a game please do not post this game is bad stay away cause your god awful taste may not be the same as others, FYI dantes inferno graphics were not that good Darksiders is a 100x better
Woah! My eyes are bleeding!

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #84
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Weeeell, Darksiders sure is a better game and more fun to play in general compared to Dante's Inferno. But I can't agree that the graphics are supposed to be 100x better in Darksiders

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #85
phenominality

Phenominality's Gamercard
I feel most of the OP's points are valid, but then it all comes down to perspective. Did those issues really damper my experience with Darksiders? Not really; those are all small issues (based upon perspective and the extent of each problem) for a solid game. I would give it a 7 or 7.5.
phenominality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #86
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I just bought this game and hope the OP is just clueless...

I've been wanting to play this and just hope it's awesome.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #87
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I just bought this game and hope the OP is just clueless...

I've been wanting to play this and just hope it's awesome.
As has already been mentioned MANY times in this thread, the OP was trolling, trying to incite a flame war by tearing down an excellent game. Don't be put off by what he said, Darksiders is a magnificent game.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #88
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkaiah View Post
As has already been mentioned MANY times in this thread, the OP was trolling, trying to incite a flame war by tearing down an excellent game. Don't be put off by what he said, Darksiders is a magnificent game.
cool...I didnt read everything, so Im glad to hear that.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #89
El Stupido

El Stupido rus's Gamercard
It's a one of the worst games i played on 360. Very annoying gameplay and frustrating puzzles and bosses. Maybe i am complete newbie, but i cant defeat Tiamat after 50+ attempts.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #90
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Stupido View Post
It's a one of the worst games i played on 360. Very annoying gameplay and frustrating puzzles and bosses. Maybe i am complete newbie, but i cant defeat Tiamat after 50+ attempts.
Afraid you can't really comment on the frustrating puzzles and bosses when you're still on the first one.

As for getting past Tiamat, it depends on which stage you're at, but either way the Crossblade is your way to victory. First stage grab a bomb growth when she stops moving, throw it at her, then target a flame and the bomb then let the Crossblade fly, that should be all for stage one. Stage two you mainly need to keep away and use fully charged Crossblade shots until she collapses, then go full power and lay into her, then keep back and use the Crossblade again. Should get you through.