PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5 > Desperate Escape
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Question Shoot The Messanger Achievement??

Were are the zombies with the microphones iv just ran through D.E and only noticed one right at the end but i didnt have enough time to get to him as the helicopter came and it went onto the cut-scene!!!

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
RuYi

Location: It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

Westraid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Check this video, the comments might be helpful too. It was already posted in another thread in this forum section.

Several people complain that the first Agitator Majini doesn't spawn, but I have no information about that, as I have yet to try to get that achievement.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I've had to the first one spawn, but I didn't go back and kill him (I thought AI Josh got him). I'm guessing he spawns depending on how many zombies you kill in the first part.

EDIT: Maybe you have to watch the opening cutscene.

EDIT 2: You have to climb up all 3 ladders in the first area to make him spawn where the video shows him spawning.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations

Last edited by KingBroly; 03-04-2010 at 07:14 PM.
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
mikeeeeeeeee124
Banned User

mikeeeeeeeee124's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuYi View Post
Check this video, the comments might be helpful too. It was already posted in another thread in this forum section.

Several people complain that the first Agitator Majini doesn't spawn, but I have no information about that, as I have yet to try to get that achievement.
what a terrible video that is. gonna try out that ladder idea
mikeeeeeeeee124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
Andy Kline

there is also a big man majini with a speaker like that? does he count or not ?
Andy Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
halofan1989

Omega Weapon 7's Gamercard
I still have yet to kill 3 of these guys, as well.

I haven't come across a single one, but I suppose I wasn't looking very hard for them.

halofan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Angrym0nkey

An9rYM0Nk3y 238's Gamercard
This achievement is weird their are times when I kill everyone in the beginning area and the first guy never shows up up or I'm on the last guy and kill at the very last second and it doesn't count. This is really annoying!
Angrym0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Kline View Post
there is also a big man majini with a speaker like that? does he count or not ?
Nah, these doesn't count.

@KingBroly - 10x bro. After climb up to all ladders this 'tard finally appear.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:49 AM   #9
Boss Kowbel

I did this by myself on Amateur. I killed all the enemies and then climbed all the ladders, like KingBroly suggested, and the first Agitator appeared. However, when I tried to do this co-op with a friend, he wouldn't appear. Just a heads-up if you attempt this in co-op.
Boss Kowbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:30 AM   #10
RedPyramidThing

RedPyramidThing's Gamercard
Just got him on co-op with a friend. Did you both go up the three ladders? We did, and that might be what triggers it in co-op.
RedPyramidThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
Craigimuss

Craigimuss's Gamercard
I cannot get the first majini to spawn. I've been up and down more ladders than a snake.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #12
silentbob0

Send a message via ICQ to silentbob0

UltimateAssault's Gamercard
Yeah, I don't get this achievement at all. On my first playthrough, the first Majini spawned after I went up the ladder as Jill, but I didn't get the achievement as the second Majini who supposedly spawns near the rocket turrets (who i've never seen btw) did not show up so I missed the achievement.

But now I can't even get the first one to show up, i've killed all the enemies and went up and down all ladders, tried different difficulties but he just won't show up. There must be something you have to do to get them to spawn, but I think i'm gonna have to give up on this for now untill there is more info about it.
silentbob0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #13
RedmptionDenied

RedmptionDenied's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Cross-Site MVP (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Same here. Tried maybe 10 times every way I can think of. Each time I get to the assist jump where he's suppose to spawn another group of enemies spawns instead. If it was just random I wouldn't mind but after this many attempts I figure there's gotta be something else to it.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
xLoCk 0nx

xLoCk 0nx's Gamercard
Follow this link exactly:

http://achievementhunter.com/archive/?sid=ah&id=1155

I got it first time trying this.

Thanks to Free Beer for posting it.

xLoCk 0nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
RedmptionDenied

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Cross-Site MVP (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Didn't really seem any different than the video posted earlier in the thread. I don't have volume on my computer currently though so did they say anything other than kill everyone and climb all the ladders?

I finally did get the first one to spawn after about 10-15 attempts, but then of course I get a gatling gun guy in the final minute of the finale who screwed me over from getting the last one to spawn. >_<

Really gonna suck if it takes another 10+ tries to get the first one to spawn again after all that.

Last edited by RedmptionDenied; 03-05-2010 at 06:53 PM.
RedmptionDenied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
xLoCk 0nx

xLoCk 0nx's Gamercard
It has commentary, while the first one has nothing. I followed it and got it first time - that can't be just chance alone. I played as Jill and did it on Recruit, so difficulty has no bearing. Regarding the last Agitator, I got a red executioner (probably worse than a Gatling guy) at 1 minute remaining before pickup. I killed him with about 30 seconds remainining, the Agitator appeared at 20 seconds, and I killed him with about 11 seconds remaining.

xLoCk 0nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #17
silentbob0

Send a message via ICQ to silentbob0

UltimateAssault's Gamercard
That guy in the video didn't do anything different than what I have already tried. This still doesn't seem very clear to me at all. Maybe he does just appear randomly and not very often.
silentbob0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
WackFiend

Send a message via AIM to WackFiend

WackFiend's Gamercard
The Achievement Hunter guys were the one who posted a video about the Score Stars in Lost in Nightmares a couple weeks ago that helped me out, so I'm inclined to trust them, but it still doesn't give EXACTS as to how to spawn the majini. I'll attempt this (again) in a few minutes.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
Jonlizardking

Jonlizardking's Gamercard
Okay, I had no idea climbing those ladders is what triggers the first one. The machine gun majini also appeared at the elevator with barely over a minute to go, luckily I had my rifle and enough ammo to kill him in time. The last Agiator appeared with 25 seconds remaining, and I almost didn't kill him in time.

This achievement isn't as easy to get as I thought.
Jonlizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
WackFiend

WackFiend's Gamercard
Ok, so I just tried to get this after watching the video. here is what I did step by step:

Loaded up the game on amateur. Selected Jill. Did not skip the cutscenes. Took Josh's handgun from him so I could kill all the enemies myself. Killed around 14 enemies total in the small area, then killed the guy in the tower. Jumped down the satellite dish, then climbed back up. Jumped down the boxcar and up the latter next to the satellite dish. Jumped down immediately in front and climbed up the last ladder that leads to the room with the safe. Picked up none of the weapons lying around. Picked up the key that was dropped. Killed five enemies behind the fence before I opened the door. Opened the door. No more enemies appeared before the checkpoint. Used the assist jump and the agitator appeared.

HOWEVER, I jumped back up, jumped across the roofs, down the whole, opened the door for Josh, turn around and two guys with rocket launchers fire, put me to dying and kill Josh. Hit continue, jumped back up the ladder, and no agitator. I have no idea if this counted or not, but I don't think it did because after I killed him I picked up all the weapons lying around (a pistol and a magnum, along with some incendiary grenades). When I loaded back up I didn't have them.

So I'm going to start over for about the 20th time.

EDIT: Did the exact same thing, minus the ladders. No agitator.

Last edited by WackFiend; 03-05-2010 at 09:24 PM.
WackFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:43 AM   #21
Mil

I didn't do ladders but i did check the 2nd door before assist jump and I get it everytime
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #22
RedmptionDenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoCk 0nx View Post
It has commentary, while the first one has nothing. I followed it and got it first time - that can't be just chance alone. I played as Jill and did it on Recruit, so difficulty has no bearing. Regarding the last Agitator, I got a red executioner (probably worse than a Gatling guy) at 1 minute remaining before pickup. I killed him with about 30 seconds remainining, the Agitator appeared at 20 seconds, and I killed him with about 11 seconds remaining.
Just b/c you got it your first time doesn't mean it's guaranteed. Too many people are having problems with this for it not to be at least somewhat random. If you get it to work 3-5 times in a row then I might believe it's a proven method. Listened to the video at work and even that guy said it was his 4th or 5th attempt at doing it. Tried checking the 2nd door as well after killing everyone and still nothing so that's not a guarantee either. Has to either be random or just glitchy. What's really annoying is that it takes about 10 minutes on every attempt to make sure everyone's dead.

And even after all that, the finale can easily be screwed up as well. Hopefully next time I get the first agitator to show I get the magnum and not the damned pistol which I seem to get 80% of the time now.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #23
WackFiend

WackFiend's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmptionDenied View Post
And even after all that, the finale can easily be screwed up as well. Hopefully next time I get the first agitator to show I get the magnum and not the damned pistol which I seem to get 80% of the time now.
I might be wrong about this, but I think there is only 2 different sets of weapons that can appear in your playthrough. If the key for the first section drops off an enemy, then a pistol and a magnum will be in the two safes and grenades will be in the bathroom (not sure what's in the locker. To be honest, never played after the first section when I got the damn pistol). If the key is in one of the safes, the other will contain grenades, the bathroom will have a rifle and the locker will contain a shotgun. In all my playthroughs I have yet to encounter a different weapon at any other location.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
padraiglovesyou

Padraigx's Gamercard
The first & second one appear no problem, its just to get the guy in the lift at the end I found horrible because, st00pid AI Josh did sweet fock all on the mini bosses that would come for us
But I got it eventually
Old 03-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #25
RedmptionDenied

Well I finally got it on my first try today. Didn't really do anything different than any other time. Someone in another thread suggested that one of the majini may get stuck or simply not spawn which may have been what throws it off but I can't say for sure. If you're one of the ones having problems just try everything until you get that first one to spawn, then make sure you've well prepared for the finale. That's what screwed me the first time, took it for granted on amateur, left Josh with the pistol and didn't get all the other weapons. This time I gave him the machine gun and a rifle and threw away the pistol and while I still didn't get the magnum I got 2 rocket launchers which made the finale a breeze.

I'm sure this achievement will come up a lot more in the coming week when all the people who were waiting for the gold edition get their hands on it.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #26
e_bigworm

BigWorm2005GT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I followed the video guide from Achievements Unlocked and got it first time. I didn't get the glitch where it unlocks after the second Agitator, though. Had to wait for the last battle. Got it with 5-10 seconds left on the clock. Whew!

It works, follow the guide and it'll unlock for you. Good luck!

BW

20,000 GS - 24 Jan 2010
30,000 GS - 18 Apr 2010
40,000 GS - 22 Jul 2010
50,000 GS - ?
60,000 GS - 2 Sep 2011
70,000 GS - 17 Mar 2012
80,000 GS - 6 May 2013
e_bigworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #27
WackFiend

WackFiend's Gamercard
I wanted to reiterate as well that the method in the Achievement Hunter video does work. Kill all the enemies, then climb all three ladders. Not sure if both people need to climb the ladders if in co-op, but did it anyway. My friend killed the first two and I killed the third, so you both can get it.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #28
Kikizosan

I can't say if these are the specifics for getting the agitators to appear; all I can do is recount what I did and maybe it will help others.

I'd played through once on normal, co-op, and only got the achievement for completing DE on any difficulty.

I then did a solo playthrough on amateur - going for the 150 kills and S rank - and managed to get all three agitators to spawn and got that achievement too.

The whole climbing up every ladder business sounds a bit arbitrary to me, but I did it anyway. I think it more likely that you've just got to kill EVERYONE in an area to spawn the agitator. But using every ladder doesn't hurt either.

The first area isn't too big - I got the first key, went through the gate killing everyone on the way, and the agitator spawned as I did the assist jump up (I was playing as Jill).

For the second, I'm pretty sure I killed everyone as I made my way through all the red doors (using the mounted weapons), and possibly used every ladder. Then again in the next area with the executioner. The agitator spawned when I used the two mounted weapons next to each other at the top - I used one; got Josh on the other. There were two bowgun majini on the walkway above the entrance - killed them, and that's where the agitator spawned with four other bowmen.

For the last, during the siege, I just killed everyone I saw, including one guy up high on some rigging, just below a big score star, two chainsaw guys and two gatling guys. The agitator spawned with about 20 seconds left on the clock with two big man majini.

Managed to get all three in the one playthrough; maybe I'm just lucky, but killing everyone (and hanging around to make sure no others spawned) seemed to do the trick. Just got Professional left to do now... :|
Kikizosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #29
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
I had the first agitator glitch out on me. He spawned outside of the fighting area and he had infinite life. I wasted all my ammo shooting him in the head, but he wouldn't go down. I should also mention that I was playing online with my friend and he couldn't see or hear the agitator at all.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #30
RuYi

Location: It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

Westraid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fohf View Post
I had the first agitator glitch out on me. He spawned outside of the fighting area and he had infinite life. I wasted all my ammo shooting him in the head, but he wouldn't go down. I should also mention that I was playing online with my friend and he couldn't see or hear the agitator at all.
Same thing happened when I was playing online co-op with a friend. After the Majini appeared in the cutscene, we went looking for him, and after a while he called me, saying he found it. He was aiming and shooting something behind a fence, but I didn't see anything, and I was too polite to ask him if it happens frequently that he sees things others can't >>