PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5 > Lost in Nightmares
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
TheBDanAbstract

TheBDanAbstract's Gamercard
Tips for beating "Lost in Nightmares" on Professional.

Anyone? I have every achievement but this one, and have yet to beat it on veteran either. Anyone have any tips, or want to co-op with me? I'm going to play the Assassins Creed 2 dlc, so in about an hour, hit me up with a message if interested.

TheBDanAbstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
iam_theghost

simon taneous's Gamercard
one thing i can say is if you can avoid the executioners do it!! Considering you won't have enough ammo to do kill them all anyways.

Most notably after typing the 3 codes in, run to the crank gate and get through before they can catch up. And after leaving the prisons, run and get the key, and proceed to collect the two emblem halves. It seems if you have one chasing you the second enemy doesn't spawn(may not always be true,) but regardless you can get through the gate without having to risk getting hit.

Just beat it on pro a bit ago, and even got S rank without killing those couple of enemies.

good luck
iam_theghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
hugh downz

Send a message via AIM to hugh downz

we is fish's Gamercard
My friend and I can rush through the first half no problem, but we cannot get past the crank/spike platform part to save our lives. Three fast moving executioners that you can't see the locations of on your map is pretty brutal. Anyone have any advice on routing these behemoths?
hugh downz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
ColdP1zza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh downz View Post
My friend and I can rush through the first half no problem, but we cannot get past the crank/spike platform part to save our lives. Three fast moving executioners that you can't see the locations of on your map is pretty brutal. Anyone have any advice on routing these behemoths?
Me and my friend did, and the trick is just to be very cautious, and if you have more than one guy on you at a time, just keep running until you lose them. Just be persistant.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
F TANK

F TANK's Gamercard
I only beat it on Veteran and it was frustrating at times. You can run post most of them but when I got to the part where you get chased by 2 of them while getting the jail key, I ran as far ahead as I could, cranked open the gate to let Chris get the key from the chest and then purposely took off, locking him safely on the other side.
As long as Chris has no ammo he'll be fine bc the only thig that will hurt him is the acidic blood spray. For the most part they'll even focus on Chris, allowing you to shoot them in the back, melee, & run if needed.

As for the dungeon/sewer area, all I can say is you will die a lot and you will get ****ing lost a lot, because you will have to kill 4 Executioners to obtain the 4 plates for the puzzle and the area opens up to about 3X larger
F TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
Caramel Cardinal

CaramelCardinal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 2   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I just did this in about 30 min with AI only dying 3 times (twice to wesker, well the woman made me use my first aid sprays on her ) and once in the sewers

In the mansion know exactly where your going and in what order this will mean you don't have to go back and forth and only have to dodge monsters the once
the first monster should appear after the piano room just run past him on the stairs when he goes to swing, the second should appear on your way back from Jill being trapped in the room with the password and lowering ceiling again just run past them

In the cells just run past the first one till you get to the wall, wait for the second one to break through (standing a few steps back obviously) and throw a grenade at him then run past throw Jill onto ledge then you run up stairs quickly turn the handle and wait for Jill to get the key from the chest, once she runs back out of the cage quickly turn around drop off and open the locked door
Next area run straight to the broken ladder where you can throw Jill again, then while she's up there backtrack round the side, getting second piece from the chest run up the stairs call Jill to you put the pieces in open the doors and too the sewers you go.

Sewers, you should smash open any crates you see to get flash grenades, run round open chests to get cranks then run to the valid place for them put the crank in and tell Jill to turn it (Jill cannot be harmed while doing this) then all you have to do is run away from monsters for a few seconds till the trap is large enough to run under and then drop it on a creature

Do this with all traps, if the creature stops it from falling use a flash grenade on them, also if you have enough and are stuck the creatures can be blinded temporarily with flash grenades allowing you time to escape

Finally wesker, shoot him a few times with pistol from other side of room and he should charge you, dodge that then hit x to hit him back do this a few time and you should be fine.

Couple of tips
Other than the ones in the sewer, don't bother trying to kill the monsters you'll just get killed yourself as you don't have enough ammo
Definitely need to know where your going in the mansion and where all the cranks and places to put them are in the sewer
Against wesker don't use health until you have the tiniest bit of orange health left or are dying also if you run out of ammo there's some scattered around the room on the bookshelves

Apologies if that's not easy to read, i was going to shove a walk through on YouTube but my capture card is broken
Caramel Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
Keep trying. You'll eventually get there with another player. It just annoys you a lot before that point.

Try getting the red and green traps first as they are the easiest. The pink/purple one should be left till last.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
Caramel Cardinal

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 2   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Keep trying. You'll eventually get there with another player. It just annoys you a lot before that point.

Try getting the red and green traps first as they are the easiest. The pink/purple one should be left till last.
Serious people found it easier with another player?
I honestly found doing it with the AI was easy as the monsters tend to ignore them and concetrate on you so you've only got yourself to worry about, unlike the actuall game professional isn't really harder than vetran on this except for the inclusion of like 1 more monster, the reason for this being is the monsters are near enough instant kill anyway no matter what difficulty.

Also i may be wrong but i think the first trap has to be the red one as the others don't open up till after then
I think i did it in the order red, blue, purple, green: green was last as it's the last crank i picked up
Contrary to popular belief this here is a forum signature, it is not however an advertising space, a place where i show off my gamertag or a giraffe skiing in the alps being chased by an army of penguin snipers and a polar bear

Gears of war's gridlock recreated in halo reaches forge and compatible with all game types can be found here
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal
Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
7/10 are you having a laugh???? 5/10 would be the most i would award it, it's very easy

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
ThingontheFloor

ThingontheFloor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel Cardinal View Post
Serious people found it easier with another player?
I honestly found doing it with the AI was easy as the monsters tend to ignore them and concetrate on you so you've only got yourself to worry about, unlike the actuall game professional isn't really harder than vetran on this except for the inclusion of like 1 more monster, the reason for this being is the monsters are near enough instant kill anyway no matter what difficulty.

Also i may be wrong but i think the first trap has to be the red one as the others don't open up till after then
I think i did it in the order red, blue, purple, green: green was last as it's the last crank i picked up

I did mine Blue, Red, Purple, Green, so Red doesn't have to be first. I'm not sure if there's a "correct" order. I do agree though, I did this solo on Pro and found it even a lot easier than when I did it on Veteran with a friend. Mainly because, like you mentioned, when your AI partner is turning the crank the Executioner won't go for them and you're free to take your time and bait them towards the trap. Every other Executioner before the 4 in the sewer you have to kill I easily ran from.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
Caramel Cardinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadloser View Post
7/10 are you having a laugh???? 5/10 would be the most i would award it, it's very easy
Wonders where the 7/10 came from, you sure your not looking for the achievement guide for dlc to post this in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingontheFloor View Post
I did mine Blue, Red, Purple, Green, so Red doesn't have to be first. I'm not sure if there's a "correct" order. I do agree though, I did this solo on Pro and found it even a lot easier than when I did it on Veteran with a friend. Mainly because, like you mentioned, when your AI partner is turning the crank the Executioner won't go for them and you're free to take your time and bait them towards the trap. Every other Executioner before the 4 in the sewer you have to kill I easily ran from.
I only ever get the red crank first hence why i assumed it has to be first, (perhaps my game just loves me ) the other cranks all changed boxes for me and kept moving around, have to do red and blue early on though as there both in the big are where you can maneuver, green and purple require you to be in close quarters so the less of them you have to fight the better
Contrary to popular belief this here is a forum signature, it is not however an advertising space, a place where i show off my gamertag or a giraffe skiing in the alps being chased by an army of penguin snipers and a polar bear

Gears of war's gridlock recreated in halo reaches forge and compatible with all game types can be found here
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal
Old 02-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #12
verybadloser

yeah wrong thread :0

Old 02-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #13
SpoonyFob

SpoonyFob's Gamercard
ok so to say this game is supposed to be a survival horror the main story wasnt particularly scary, but IMO lost in nightmares on professional has to be the scariest part, especially with the spike platforms section. All it takes is one wrong turn and BAM!, theres this lummox with a huge axe, they move too fast i tells yee!!

Me and my friend finished it by bracign through the yelps of terror (mainly from myself) and the frustration of dying just before youve killed one of them.

It can only be said to persevere and eventually the Ai throws you a bone and doesnt send two of the lumbering oafs after you at once.

But if this helps, this is the order of platforms we finished it with:
RED, GREEN, PURPLE, BLUE

blue seemed impossible until the end as there were two of the things patrolling that area until you'd al;ready killed three of them.

GOOD LUCK man, its a relief after youve done it seriously.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #14
verybadloser

eh??? they appear one at a time, one appears for every crank you go for, if you don't go stupi ways you will only ever deal with 1... + if you put the piece in the center you get a checkpoint after every one.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
Spikeyroxas

Wolfant777's Gamercard
Edit:
nvm i got it

Last edited by Spikeyroxas; 02-21-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Spikeyroxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #16
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Part 1: There are 2 enemies here, 1 after you pickup the Emblem and 1 after the Spike puzzle. The one after getting the emblem can be de-spawned by simply running away from him. The other enemy can be ignored, but you have to be quick. Make sure to pickup the fire grenades before initiating the spike puzzle so you can stun him.

Part 2: There are 7 enemies here, but if you play your cards right, you'll basically have those 2 not spawn and have the previous 2 chasing you down. The other 2 are the annoying ones on the ground. Basically kill the first enemy, then the 2nd enemy will break down the wall, and you want to move around him with the side passage on the left at the bottom of the stairs. When the next enemy spawns, fire grenade him and run up to the crank to get the key and just run for the door and jump down. If you don't die from here on out, you're clear, as you'll have 2 enemies behind you instead of in front of you as you get the 2 emblem pieces. Once you get those in place, run for the door and the next part.

Part 3 should be pretty standard. You'll go from Blue to Purple to Red and finally Green. After getting blue, there will be 2 enemies at once here. So my advice is to get Purple and Red at the same time so you'll only have one checkpoint instead of two. If you wait, the final part will only require you to face 1 enemy instead of 2.

Part 4 is simply the boss. My advice is to just run away from him and don't shoot at him because he won't charge you. He really can't hit a moving target...unless you move in his way.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #17
that505guy

That505Guy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
i would recommend running past all of those awesome axe dwellers
and we got lucky at the part when we had to crush the axe guys
we got to do the middle crusher first
then found it to be mush easier considering you arent trying to kill
3 at one time in the middle of the level

and when we got to wesker we found that he will do an attack if you shoot him 3 times you will dodge them you need to hit him

the combinations are simple a or x but you have to be fast

be shure to heal if needed wesker will do a double hit combo that will put you into dying then straight into death without you having to put in a combination...

if wesker does hit you when you miss the combination he will do a "finisher" your partner must save you or shoot wesker to save you or your partner
hope this helped
that505guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #18
iam_theghost

simon taneous's Gamercard
as far as the cranks go i think it changes depending on difficulty(considering on amateur you only acquire one.)

Also it may seem riskier but when my and a partner played on Pro mode in the sewars we lured 2 executioners into one trap! I must say it cut down time and difficulty considerably. Got em both with the Purple crank i believe.

Plus keep in mind when 2 executioners are around one of them still follows the beaten path he had in previous difficulties. Whereas the new one follows its own path that slightly alters at times, having him also jump up top near the Purple platform.
iam_theghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #19
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh downz View Post
I honestly found it much easier on solo play because the monsters only follow you and not your partner. This way when he's on the crank you don't need to worry about him getting attacked. With weaker just button mash x or a when he charges because if you wait for the prompt to come up, it's too late. For me it was x almost every time.

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
padraiglovesyou

Padraigx's Gamercard
Just run by everything, simple as.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
I must've gotten screwed by the AI gods, because the last time I tried and failed was when an anchor-axe dude took out Jill in one hit while she was manning the crank. After that I just put the controller down and said I'd try again later.
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade
11.29.2013 - 5000th achievement: The Challenger, Halo 4
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #22
optics

My advice, play as Jill. Sure you have to play the piano while Chris just stands there and doesn't bother shooting that red light, but there are few spots where Jill has the high ground where those anchor guys can't get to.

For example, the part with the spiral stairs where you have to crank up a gate to get a key. I have Chris boost me up, he gets chased while he climbs the stairs. I get a great view to shoot the eye balls on their backs. When Chris is across room and the anchor guy is almost at the top, I jump down so Chris can jump down. Have him boost me up again, rinse and repeat.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 AM   #23
halofan1989

Omega Weapon 7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by padraiglovesyou View Post
Just run by everything, simple as.
By everything, he means executioners. lol

halofan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
Jonlizardking

Jonlizardking's Gamercard
This sounds crazy, but have Chris as an AI partner. Don't have a human player as a teammate. Why? The executioner dudes just ignore them in the lower prison areas when they rise the wenches, so it makes it very easy to lure them into the traps. I didn't die until I got to Wesker.
Jonlizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #25
SXRXE

SXRXE's Gamercard
Umm...

Run.

Thats it lol

I don't accept random friend requests, at least send a message with it!
SXRXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #26
Long

Longxinus's Gamercard
I just wanted to share with you that Caramel Cardinal's guide worked perfectly for me. So if you're going for the achievement, use his guide. I breezed through the whole thing. Just remember to use explosives to slow them down a bit. Otherwise you will die a few times as I did.
Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #27
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlizardking View Post
Don't have a human player as a teammate. Why? The executioner dudes just ignore them in the lower prison areas when they rise the wenches, so it makes it very easy to lure them into the traps. I didn't die until I got to Wesker.
^This^

/10charr
Old 03-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #28
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam_theghost View Post
one thing i can say is if you can avoid the executioners do it!! Considering you won't have enough ammo to do kill them all anyways.

Most notably after typing the 3 codes in, run to the crank gate and get through before they can catch up. And after leaving the prisons, run and get the key, and proceed to collect the two emblem halves. It seems if you have one chasing you the second enemy doesn't spawn(may not always be true,) but regardless you can get through the gate without having to risk getting hit.

Just beat it on pro a bit ago, and even got S rank without killing those couple of enemies.

good luck
you said something about the part with the 3 codes/crank in the beginning. do they appear before you head into the prison in vet/pro mode?
Mgetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #29
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadloser View Post
eh??? they appear one at a time, one appears for every crank you go for, if you don't go stupi ways you will only ever deal with 1... + if you put the piece in the center you get a checkpoint after every one.
wow, this is an amazing tip. ill have to keep this in mind
Old 04-01-2010, 01:50 AM   #30
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
beat this just now, both vet and pro back to back. i have to say, keeping a few of the tips i read on here i mind, i had NO PROBLEM. thats not to say i didnt die a few times; i did. overall, however, it was very, very easy. some of the best tips i read are:

obviously, run past all executioners. the only one i killed (with guns) was the first one you meet in the basement. afterwards, the one who crashes through the wall and the one in the circular stairwell, they will follow you but by always boosting up your partner and running, they usually cant get to you. theres plenty of time to lift the gate and run to get the two plates.

when in the trap room, obviously go only after one at a time. this helped a lot. dont bother trying for two in one (unless it works out like that). after every new piece, insert it into the puzzle. it will checkpoint. and, very helpfully, only use flash bombs when the guys use their axe to stop the trap. it will stun them, then in a few seconds, they will collapse. if you get killed, dont worry because if you constantly insert the piece, youll only go back a little bit.

as for wesker, if you have trouble, just shoot him once and run. theres a timer, which will eventually run out. you dont really need to even fight him if you find it too difficult.