PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5 > Lost in Nightmares
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
eviltb

Send a message via MSN to eviltb

eviltb's Gamercard
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview
+ Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10
+ Offline: 5 (100)
+ Online: 0 (0)
+ Approximate time: 2 hours
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
+ Glitched achievements: None
+ Cheats: No Cheats

As with the main game Co-Op does not affect achievements, anything that you can unlock in single player will work exactly the same in Co-Op. Speaking of which it is probably recommended you play on co-op, so check the Trading thread for a partner. You need to play on Veteran to unlock Professional! You cannot use any of your weapons unlocked in the main RE5 game, which means no infinite anything. There is a section where you lose your guns and have to really on your knife and flash-bangs. Work together, use the map and lure the executioners into your trap. The amount of executioners you have to kill varies on difficulty (1 on Amateur, 3 on Normal, 4 on Veteran, 4 on Professional. Additional to Prof, the executioners will NOT appear on the mini-map so you really have to be careful). Once you play the game through once, you should know where everything is so you can zip through it in around 30-40 mins on Professional.

Must've Got Lost 15G
Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on any difficulty setting.

Simply complete LiN on any difficulty and you'll get this when you get to the mission report screen

It's Just a Bad Dream! 15G
Complete "Lost in Nightmares" with an S rank.

Believe it or not, this is possible on any difficulty. This is is based on how quick you are getting through, how many enemies you kill, how much treasure you collect and how accurate you are when shooting. Use the Stars guide to collect the Stars, kill rats/spiders to get more treasure, aim carefully with your weapons. You can run past most of the executioners as long as you kill a minimum of 4 it seems to count. Playing on Veteran will mean 4 executioners when you do the trap section will get you the kills you need. I played this on all 4 difficulties in co-op and got S, A, S, S, so it is possible to S rank! Cheevo will pop on the mission summary screen.

Night Terrors 40G
Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on Professional.

You have to complete on Veteran first to unlock Professional. See advice for It's Just a Bad Dream!, the biggest challenge will be the trap section as the executioners do not show on the map and they can use their big anchors to stop traps from falling! When they do this, throw a flash-bang which are found around the section in crates/barrels then perform a melee attack and get the hell out the way! This should spring the trap. If you are lucky and you have 2/3 executioners chasing you at once, then one trap can take out all those under it! Dont try and get all under one trap cause thats impossible, try and do 1-on-1. If it happens, it happens! When fighting Wesker, just be really quick on the dodge and spank that guy, or run around the pillars until it times out and he legs it. Cheevo will pop on the mission summary screen.

Kung Fu Fighting 15G
Inflict a set amount of damage to Wesker in "Lost in Nightmares."

See here - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=208951 - thanks to KingBroly, easiest done on Amatuer as you dont take as much damage but can be done on other difficulties as well. You know you are doing well when Wesker calls you cretins or doesnt want to be beaten by you. If you get a Large Score Star as a reward then you're good and the achievement will appear when Wesker goes to the window by the wheelchair.

Wish Upon a Star 15G
Destroy all 18 of the Score stars found throughout "Lost in Nightmares."

Stars Guide - http://residentevilnews.com/342/lost-in-nightmares-score-star-locations-guide.php - thanks to projectego for posting it, has good text description and images! Can be done on any difficulty and they really arent that hard to find.

"I got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer

Last edited by eviltb; 02-23-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: cosmetic changes
eviltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
HellCreeper666

HellCreeper666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
good job mate
HellCreeper666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Fergy2k8

Good and helpfull guide. Thanks.
Fergy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
a blind beggar

a blind beggar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i'm dreading the sewers on pro,thanks for those tips though man
Old 02-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Eviltb you forgot one tip for Veteran and Professional... that we found out by accident.. lol

At the part where have to walk up an circular ramp to where theres is a chest with a key behind some spiked bars that you have to raise up. On vet and pro you'll have 2 executioners chasing you around a small dangerous area with no real space to move. but if you trap your co-op partner behind the bars where the chest is. then jump out of the window to the lower level. you can walk back up the ramp and the executioners should be to occupied with the trapped player and not notice you until you get too close. they will just keep trying to get to the trapped player. and the free player can easily shoot them in the eyes on there backs and uppercut/kick them before quick turning and running away for 1-2 seconds.. if done correctly the executioners will ignore the player thats free and just keep trying to get the trapped player.
the player behind the bars is completely safe and cant be harmed. and can shoot the executioners in the eyes when they turn after being uppercuted/kicked. rinse and repeat till there dead. then you can free the trapped player and move on.

Last edited by Deadly Moves; 02-20-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Granny Smith 07

Granny Smith 07's Gamercard
I don't really understand the 7/10 difficulty, compared to other games that get a difficulty rating that high this dlc is a cake walk, to new player maybe it's super hard, but to people with full 1000 or 1200 already this dlc seems incredibly easy even on PRO the only part you'll really die at is Wesker

Granny Smith 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Yeah i would have to agree.. 7/10 is too high. I'd say its about a 5/10
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
That's a nice job there, but I have one complaint. My name is all one word, no spaces :P

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
Krunk Fu II

good guide

just a heads up for anyone who might run into this

The 16th score star was completely not showing up for me at all on multiple difficulties (tried all except Pro). Fortunately the issue was resolved after deleting and than reDLing LiN

Just trying to help anyone who might run into this

EDIT: I still haven't unlocked this achievement. I got the 16th star to show up last night by using the above method but I must've missed another

I was running through again and that damned 16th star is missing again

Anyone else run into this?

Last edited by Krunk Fu II; 02-21-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Krunk Fu II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #10
Sparda

Send a message via AIM to Sparda Send a message via MSN to Sparda

DemonLordSparda's Gamercard
I have to add. On Professional when the Executioners use their anchors to hold up the trap, you only need to flash them, you DO NOT have to melee them. Meleeing them is incredibly dangerous and certainly not needed. I played Professional 4 times in a row on XBL and didn't even consider going under the trap.
Sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:15 AM   #11
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
This is a pretty good guide, will have to give this a go on Professional mode soon. One question, do you need a co-op partner for this on Professional or can you go solo?
Old 02-22-2010, 04:40 AM   #12
Granny Smith 07

Granny Smith 07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson View Post
This is a pretty good guide, will have to give this a go on Professional mode soon. One question, do you need a co-op partner for this on Professional or can you go solo?
going solo is extremely easy, if you avoid an executioner so will jill, she's pretty good about not stopping and shooting them or anything stupid like that, having a partner would make wesker a little easier but I can't imagine that it would help much, I think either way would be about the same

Granny Smith 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:42 AM   #13
Ibanez V7

Ibanez V7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson View Post
I got it solo. Not real hard at all. Difficulty should be 3 or 4/10 at the most.

Last in the World to 1K Avatar: TBE
Ibanez V7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
daviduk2000

daviduk2000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i agree, good guide but

took me 45 mins on veteran to start
took me just under an hour on professional.
then 25 minutes on ameteur for the achievements.

this is not a 7 for difficulty maybe a 4
Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
dd316

eltedd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk Fu II View Post
good guide

The 16th score star was completely not showing up for me at all on multiple difficulties (tried all except Pro). Fortunately the issue was resolved after deleting and than reDLing LiN

EDIT: I still haven't unlocked this achievement. I got the 16th star to show up last night by using the above method but I must've missed another

There are 18 stars, you're missing two.

Also should note - you have to get all 18 in a single runthrough. You can't get some one time and the rest another.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #16
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
I don't think it says in the road map that you have to beat the game on veteran difficulty to unlock professional difficulty. That should probably be noted, since it will likely cause most people to do a 3rd playthrough.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:25 AM   #17
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Smith 07 View Post
going solo is extremely easy, if you avoid an executioner so will jill, she's pretty good about not stopping and shooting them or anything stupid like that, having a partner would make wesker a little easier but I can't imagine that it would help much, I think either way would be about the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez V7 View Post
I got it solo. Not real hard at all. Difficulty should be 3 or 4/10 at the most.
Alright thanks for the tips. Professional on the main storyline is tough enough solo let alone for the DLC. I got killed over 50 times trying to get past El Gigante alone!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
eviltb

Send a message via MSN to eviltb

eviltb's Gamercard
Thanks for the comments everyone. KB, name adjusted spunyun, it says it right there in the road map, second sentence. I'll highlight it so it stands out. Not done this on solo so cannot comment on how hard it is playing it lonesome. I thought 7/10 was reasonable for someone who could be new to the game and jump straight to the DLC or when playing the Gold edition go straight into the extra missions.

"I got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
eviltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
DigiLuigi

DigiLuigi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk Fu II View Post
good guide

You probably thought number 16 was number 15. You can see 16 even before you run into the zombie breaking the wall, just before going up the stairs. So I guess you missed 15 after shooting 16.
DigiLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #20
PolaSoup

PolaSoup's Gamercard
Thanks for the help on all of the star locations I always miss 1, now i can get my final achievement.

A good guide, I didn't use is as I completed the game on release but i needed the Star locations, so thanks.
PolaSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #21
beskurrd

Send a message via AIM to beskurrd

Spitffire's Gamercard
Excellent guide, thanks for putting it together!

I'm just reading through the star guide and it seems some of them (or maybe just the one) need to be found as Jill. Can you just do a playthrough as Jill and get them all or does Wish Upon A Star need to be unlocked in Coop?

EDIT: Nevermind, I read through the rest of the guide and found you can get them as Chris too.

Last edited by beskurrd; 02-27-2010 at 05:47 PM.
beskurrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #22
foxxdie

foxxdie's Gamercard
I'm having a hard time defeating Wesker on professional (playing solo). Jill, my A.I. partner, is too slow and dumb and gets caught up by Wesker!
foxxdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #23
ModernViking

Send a message via AIM to ModernViking

ModernViking's Gamercard
S Rating

Good guide except it would be helpful if you had the requirements for the S rating playthrough.
ModernViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:05 AM   #24
halofan1989

Omega Weapon 7's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, bro.

That star guide worked like a charm, too.

halofan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:04 AM   #25
chanman

oCH40T1C CH4No's Gamercard
Excellent guide!

chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #26
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
All I need now is Professional. Nice guide for the stars.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #27
scandle6161

scandle6161's Gamercard
thanks needed help wiv 1 of the stars an can always trust x360a to have the answer for me cheers
[/IMG]
scandle6161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Finished professional last night. I thought it was easier then the 7/10 difficulty. If LiN was a 7, Desperate Escape is gonna be about a 9, haha.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #29
Derpcrawler

Derpcrawler's Gamercard
Thanks for grat guide!
Derpcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:53 AM   #30
RASISIMMORTAL

Nice guide got all achieves. Beat professional on solo
RASISIMMORTAL is offline   Reply With Quote