PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5 > Desperate Escape
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #31
Satyr

After many tries I did it solo. I used the "run like a girl" strategy till the last part of the game. Surviving those 7:30 minutes is a true nightmare! Just camped inside the broken part of the building right in front of the elevator and killed everyone. In my honest opinion there are two key moments, if you survive those you'll probably make it. The first one is the first fat guy carrying a minigun and the second those crazy guys with chainsaws. After that I've waited for the second fat guy with a minigun to show and ran away from him till the end.

Last edited by Satyr; 04-04-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #32
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
ive been hearing mixed things about playing solo vs coop. anybody have advice on that issue?
Mgetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #33
tariqz118

I JUST CLEARED DESPERATE ESCAPE IN PROFESSIONAL MODE PRETTY HARD I GUESS!!!
tariqz118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #34
UndeadxCorpse

UndeadxCorpse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK1219KRAM View Post
With that said, for those who have beat Desperate Escape on Professional do you have any tips and/or tricks you would like to share with us lesser beings to help aid us in beating this little bastard.
Actually, i just finished it after almost 3 hours of playing this level. the easiest thing to do (that i have figured out so far) is to annoy the reapers as long as you can and continue along with the mission, occasionally placing mines on the ground.

p.s. just dont do this! Chris ----> <------- Reaper
its a waste of ammo and time
UndeadxCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #35
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
After 4 and a half hours of Pro with my best friend, we had the perfect gear set-up, the one you can only dream of : Shotgun with 100 shells, PSG-1 with 100 bullets, Magnum with 30 bullets, 2 RPGs, 4 Health kits, 5 Mines, 5 Frags. It was going to be a slaughterhouse for the baddies.

With 2 minutes left on the clock, my best friend died, and by mistake said "NO", when asked to continue. I haven't spoken to him since yesterday
Old 05-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #36
JustiBoy

JustiBoy's Gamercard
OH MY GOSH I FINALLY DID IT! It only took like 4 hours lol, would have been 2.5 but I had to stop on one sitting and start all over again.

Anyway, here's my tip: at the end part it's worth the trouble to try and get the Base Majini set (with the Reapers) because they're easier. At the beginning camp at the part across from the elevator where you climb up the ladder near the explosive barrel. When the big guy with the axe comes make it a priority to kill him but don't be too reckless. What I did was shoot the barrel near the elevator then melee him. Then I set a proximity mine and hit him. After wards I hid in the alcove under where I was camping and used the gas containers there. Then I shot/hit him until he died. Then I just ran around the roofs avoiding the Reaper (it's not worth the effort to kill him plus he serves as a reminder to keep moving). After the Reaper shows and as long as you keep moving not much can kill you. The only things that got me at that point were the shield guys who jump down onto the place where I camped and got me by surprise.

Hope this helps and congratulations on anybody who read all that.
JustiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #37
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
pro

When I finally beat this on Pro I took a walk and got head from my wife cause I deserved it.
DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #38
Chris is C00L

Chris is C00L's Gamercard
For me it wasn't hard really, just long.

- When you start the level, you're either gonna have all village enmies, or all industrial enemies. I highly recomend exiting out of the DLC (restarting won't change it, you need to actually exit it) and playing when you have all village enemies. This type of enemy will be the enemy you face during the entire DLC run and will determine what kind of mini-bosses you face.

- Use the rocket tourets as much as you can. Have one person trigger the next wave(s) of enemies as one person rockets the rest of them. If an Executioner is chasing you, have him chase one of you into the rocket's view and blast him with 1 hit.

- Go into the rocket towers and just knife the ladder. Throw in an occasional pistol headshot every now and then to speed it up, and when there's one or two guys left, both of you jump down and knife him/them. This saves a ton of ammo.

- For the ending, climb on the ledge. Have one person guard the ladder with a knife and the other person watch their back with a shotgun. Whenever a chainsaw/gattling gun guy came out, we just switched to our big guns (Magnum/Rockets/Rifle/Grenades) and killed them right away. It was really easy.
Chris is C00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #39
Jamoo 1

Jamoo 1's Gamercard
I find its best to use the Rocket turrets to your advantage I was doing this with my brother and he stayed on one of them while I lured the Enemies towards him, but just keep an ear out! Those sneaky buggers could sneak behind the turret user It happened to me but luckily I had a Sniper xD But anyway if you keep luring them they'll eventually stop Spawning then you both move up to the next one and the next one etc. When you reach the last 2 Turrets I highly recommend you use the right turret (Facing the giant door you blast open). Its much safer because you have less chance of being flanked!
Hope this helps. Here's my time... "2'22'16"

"So long sentiment it doesn't matter now."- So Long Sentiment
"Sing Hallelujah because you can't change anything."- Blackstar
Jamoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #40
Straylow

Straylow's Gamercard
Alright, this thread might be a tiny bit old, but me and my girlfriend both found something out during the last section of the game with the time counter that might help people that have trouble just running around and staying alive. And from what I can tell, I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet.

Right after the cut-scene turn around and climb up the ladder to get on top of the container (the blue one you can walk through). Have someone grab the grenades on top of the container and run to the corner over the on the roof of the connecting building. It's the corner right by the antenna with a hole in the roof. We both found that camping here made it very easy.
The only enemies you have to worry about are the two machine gunners that appear about a minute in, but you can kill them both with one hit. One climbs onto the container, the other drops from the watertower. At this time, an RPG guy should show up too. If you're standing as far back as you can, you will not get hit. Instead, the RPG will help you defeat the majini that try to jump up or run across the building.
All you have to worry about is throwing the grenades whenever the giant ax guy/bugs/giant majini (the ones that like to punch) show up. The grenade should stun them long enough for our now friendly RPG majini to shoot 'em.

This worked like a charm when we finally got it down. Took no damage and got enough ammo from the majini dying to try to get to us, which included handgun, machine gun, shotgun, and various grenades. If you end up taking damage, you should be close enough to save each other anyway.

Straylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #41
Quizabuck

Quizabuck's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straylow View Post
Alright, this thread might be a tiny bit old, but me and my girlfriend both found something out during the last section of the game with the time counter that might help people that have trouble just running around and staying alive. And from what I can tell, I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet.

Right after the cut-scene turn around and climb up the ladder to get on top of the container (the blue one you can walk through). Have someone grab the grenades on top of the container and run to the corner over the on the roof of the connecting building. It's the corner right by the antenna with a hole in the roof. We both found that camping here made it very easy.
The only enemies you have to worry about are the two machine gunners that appear about a minute in, but you can kill them both with one hit. One climbs onto the container, the other drops from the watertower. At this time, an RPG guy should show up too. If you're standing as far back as you can, you will not get hit. Instead, the RPG will help you defeat the majini that try to jump up or run across the building.
All you have to worry about is throwing the grenades whenever the giant ax guy/bugs/giant majini (the ones that like to punch) show up. The grenade should stun them long enough for our now friendly RPG majini to shoot 'em.

This worked like a charm when we finally got it down. Took no damage and got enough ammo from the majini dying to try to get to us, which included handgun, machine gun, shotgun, and various grenades. If you end up taking damage, you should be close enough to save each other anyway.
This worked like a charm! Got it on the first try with my buddy Thanks
Quizabuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #42
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
This annoyed the crap out of me and my friend. Good thing we only died 4 times and none during the finale.

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #43
Eimii

Send a message via AIM to Eimii Send a message via Yahoo to Eimii

Sakura Yosei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizabuck View Post
This worked like a charm! Got it on the first try with my buddy Thanks
i'm glad to see my bf and i's strategy worked for you. it took forever for us to notice it. only other thing i can add really is to hold onto your grenades and possible prox mines for the reapers and executioner majini. sometimes they come up right after the rpg guy has shot and it'll take a second or two for him to shoot again. throwing a grenade is always a nice little way to stun them for a brief time so they get hit before they get to you.
Eimii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #44
8BitSoul

xX 8BitSoul Xx's Gamercard
Just finished a playthrough on Veteran with a friend. This game doesn't fuck around. The biggest problem were the Reapers, but we found a tip ("glitch", if you will), to make it a bit easier. I would imagine this would apply to Professional as well:

We got to a checkpoint where a Reaper was coming for us. We died a couple of times, then Reaper suddenly didn't appear. We found out that we could pause the game, restart the checkpoint, and sometimes the Reaper didn't appear. Seems to be random, but could be useful in some areas. This was especially helpful in the areas with the Rocket Launcher Majini's. Note: This shuffles the items you find in boxes as well.

There were only two areas where the Reaper's appeared as we got a checkpoint. So don't know if this will be much help. Good luck to everyone going for the Pro chieve. It's hardcore, but worth getting if your a fan of the Resi series
8BitSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #45
ReapingEcho

ReapingEcho's Gamercard
This shit was very hard on pro! Way back in April or whenever the dlc came out me and a friend attempted it for 4 hours straight! We finally get to the last stand part and we just kept getting fucked up over and over because it was just ridiculous hard! We die again then my bro calls to tell me to pick him up at end of my shitty private road and I didn't know that the damn game was going to kick us out of session because I didn't choose continue! Fuck that lol 4 hours wasted between me and friend and we never got back to doing it cause we basically gave up. In May I finally find a vid for solo runthrough and it worked wonders cause I did it solo in about 1 and half hours from that vid tutorial and only died couple times and that was mainly the last stand. I jumped for joy and smiled when I finally did it! Solo is way easier in my opinion especially if you watch vid guides.
ReapingEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #46
defiant4eva

x UKe x Lyall's Gamercard
My mate and I finished this off last night and it was pretty tough, but not impossible. A good combo we used was one person(Josh/me) with pistol and sniper and the other(Jill/mate/friend) with machine gun and shotty.
First two areas take it slowly and retreat if needed. Josh(me) takes care of the high level enemy with sniper and uses the pistol to shoot smaller enemy in the legs so you can melee them to save ammo.Jill(mate/friend) with machine gun to use on mass groups that rush you and shotty in case high level enemy get to close.
The area with the rocket turrets once the level starts, pick up the two health cans on the left, there in a safe over two jumps. Now we pretty much just ran from turret to turret, ignoring most of the enemy. We killed them with the turrets or when we got next to a turret, knief them on the ladder.
The last double door area you blow up to open. We sniped the crossbow and turret guys. Then ran to the assist jump ladder, Josh(me) should stayed over to the left, this stopped the enemy gathering and blocking the door Jill needed to open, I raided the tent for what I could.Jill (mate/friend) opened the door and we both ran towards the escape door.

The part that is most like Left4Dead, but capcon won't admit area. We sat on the roof with the broken part. It was the one building that was next to the helicopter landing zone. Josh(me) with sniper took out minigun guys and chainsaw guys. jill(mate/friend) kept the normal enemy at bay with MG and shotty, until the level ended. Took us about 40 minutes, but will be looking to set a better time this weekend.

defiant4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #47
willkenshin

This gave me a headache.Me and my boy played this twice in one day because the first playthrough we got to the end and the lights went out in the neighborhood.The second playthrough...we got it but we didn't get the same score as we would have gotten in the first one because we rushed it.Once I got it,I never touch professional again but sometimes I do it with others but then they quit when they can't take the intense action in Desperate Escape.
willkenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #48
Neutral

Send a message via AIM to Neutral

TeH Neutral's Gamercard
I found it incredibly easy until I got to the very end.

Yeah, the end took about 45 minutes (multiple times getting to the last 10 seconds), but before that I had no deaths or other annoyances...

It was a real bitch to say the least.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #49
MadCold

madcoldald's Gamercard
phew, just beat it with friend!
now the only thing i want to say: desperate escape on professional, suck my balls!

10000 - 1th December 2010
MadCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #50
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO5 View Post
When I finally beat this on Pro I took a walk and got head from my wife cause I deserved it.
Haha! I felt the same
This is some serious shit on pro.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #51
Kash Howard

Send a message via AIM to Kash Howard

Kash Howard's Gamercard
It's a pain in the ass to beat. I finally beat it last night with my nephew. Not enough ammo and health items is what makes this a big pain to beat. All we did was cover each other and stayed behind cover killing as many enemies before advancing. At the final battle we stayed in that shack and since we divided all the weapons between us, we covered each other no matter who came in or through the doors.

Kash Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #52
Ibiki Morino

Ibiki Morino's Gamercard
I beat it yesterday solo at almost 6 hours and my strategy way run in circles when the chainsaw guys would show up and only stop to shoot if their was someone in front of me and the things that would mess me up where when I would try to go up a latter I keep on picking up thing on the ground.
Ibiki Morino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #53
crackedeggs1

crackedeggs1's Gamercard
I played through this with my sister, and found that the rush strategy is the best for Professional (while staying back and sniping all spawns worked for Veteran).

The final segment is where we had most trouble, mainly because we always ran out of ammo with 2 minutes left.

We found that the best place to stand is up the ladders on the shipping containers in the middle, way in the back.

We finally beat it when our game obviously glitched - the enemy AI just got stupid and they forgot how to climb the ladders to where we were. After about 10 seconds, we realized what was happening, and decided not to kill anyone or move a pixel for as long as possible. So with 2 minutes + the timer reset we just stood around watching the enemies run in mindless circles revving their chainsaws until the achievement popped.

Not sure if it's possible to get this glitch to occur consistently by standing a certain way and killing certain enemies... I don't think it's possible solo because the partner AI probably won't stand still.
crackedeggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #54
RobertxxArias

Send a message via AIM to RobertxxArias
Looking to finish Desperate Escape on professional... I can't even pass this on veteran. Beating the regular disc storyline on pro wasn't so hard because of the great weapons you have...however this shitty dlc gives you the worst possible. I'm looking for someone to host. I can help getting the VS achievements and any other game you need help on. Please add me: Ecuadors Force
RobertxxArias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #55
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertxxArias View Post
Looking to finish Desperate Escape on professional... I can't even pass this on veteran. Beating the regular disc storyline on pro wasn't so hard because of the great weapons you have...however this shitty dlc gives you the worst possible. I'm looking for someone to host. I can help getting the VS achievements and any other game you need help on. Please add me: Ecuadors Force
First of all, it is not a shitty DLC, as it better than the game itself in many ways. The fact that you cannot pass it even on veteran, doesn't make it bad.
Second of all, you might want to use the proper thread for this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=212482
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #56
LolipopGuild

Earthbound Cory's Gamercard
I've beaten this on Professional several times with friends, so I know it pretty well. Here are some tips that I have thought of to help make it easier (and I said easier, not easy...this DLC is far from a cakewalk).

1. Find a human player, preferably with a headset. While this is possible to beat with the computer player, it will make is much easier if you have someone to communicate with so you are on the same page.

2. Don't worry about healing unless you need to run fast. As most people know, most hits are instant death, so healing is pointless unless you need to run fast (which you will at parts).

3. Stick together for most of the time. You will have to revive each other many times, and probably die many times in the process, but sticking together not only makes it easier if you come across some of the more difficult enemies, but you will also be right there to revive your partner.

4. Conserve your ammo. You will need it for the holdout at the end. Your melee attacks and knifing are key. Shoot an enemy once or twice in the legs and then run up to melee them. You will save so much ammo doing this. For the big, black guys, shoot them until you can melee them, and you and your partner can double team with 3 melee attacks to finish him off. Also, as someone mentioned, when at the rocket turrets, have Josh on the turret and Jill knifing the ladder (she knifes faster).

5. First section: Do not worry about killing all of the enemies. Since this is a fairly quick section, you and your partner should split up and check all of the buildings for the key. However, once you get the key, hurry up and check the other rooms/boxes for ammo and guns. YOU WILL NEED THESE LATER. Do not worry about picking up stars for your score...it's only a waste of time. Only pick up ammo, health, and guns. Once you collect most of the stuff, run to the door and open it and run ahead to the checkpoint. As you have not been focusing on killing the enemies before, you should be surrounded. Intentionally die and restart the checkpoint.

6. The next section involves Josh throwing Jill up a ladder. Do that, but have Jill jump back down to kill a couple of enemies. Then, throw her up again and try to go as quick as possible. This can be challenging, but is probably the easiest checkpoint of the game.

7. The next section can be trouble. You'll want to stay together and just kill guys accurately and quickly. The chainsaws/fat, black majini can be tricky, but together you should be fine. Once you collect the key from one of the enemies (I think it's random), RUN to the door. Preferably, you will have quickly checked the small building for a gun. Do not worry about throwing Jill up the ladder for supplies. While they would be helpful, it is not worth the trouble. This part is too challenging.

8. The next part is the rocket turrets...which everyone hates. Some people suggest taking this slow, and that does work, but you'll be more frustrated when you die because of the time it takes you to get some place. I have had the most success going quickly. You will die a lot, but it isn't that bad. Run to the first rocket together. Have Josh take the turret and Jill knife the ladder. Once you have cleared the guys near the turret (they will keep coming, so don't sit and wait for them), have Jill run ahead to the next one while Josh stays at the turret to cover Jill across the bridge (no friendly fire). Once Jill is almost there, have Josh start his run while Jill covers him (while checking the ladder behind her). You CAN kill the Executioner by shooting the rocket turret at him while Josh/Jill melees him, but he isn't worth the time. He's pretty easy to dodge for the most part. From here, stick together. Run to the turrets, destroy the door, and then just keep running. Don't worry about knocking down enemies unless they are right in front of you. It's easier to run around them. This is where full health helps, as you run faster.

9. This part can be trouble, but you need to move quick. Do not focus on killing enemies (as the rocket turrets are shooting at you). Just run to the broken ladder to help Jill up, and then have her quickly unlock the door. There is an Executioner here, but don't attack him. Have Josh run through the tent and pick up all the ammo there as quick as possible before running to the door that Jill is unlocking. There should be one crossbow enemy that Josh should kill. After the door is unlocked, run to the cutscene and immediately after the cutscene, run to the door to the checkpoint.

10. The final part isn't as difficult as it can be if you don't follow these instructions. First, gather up all of the ammo from boxes (and just lying around). Make sure you trade with Josh/Jill so you only have ammo for guns you are carrying. Really, the rifle is pointless. You should have plenty of shotgun ammo for Josh and machine gun ammo for Jill. Preferably, Jill (or Josh) should have picked up a magnum along the way (it's random, I believe) which makes the chainsaw enemies SO MUCH easier. As for the battle itself, there is a small building with lockers that have one doorless doorway, one doored doorway and a small hole in the roof. This is where you will stay the entire match. Josh and Jill should both be camped underneath the hole in the roof (you will see when enemies jump down). Make sure you cover the doors and revive each other when needed. Melee attacks are very useful here as they can take out several enemies at once. Use handgun primarily (unless there are many guys) until the chainsaws/heavy weapons guys come in. They can be tough since you are in a small space (and the chainsaws are automatic deaths sometimes), but if you revive each other and switch to your shotgun/machine gun/magnum then you can do it. ONLY USE MAGNUM ON CHAINSAW GUYS. Aim for the head and use your group melee attacks whenever possible on the heavy weapons guys. Yes...you will die a couple of times on this part...and you will also get hit and need revived, but with good teamwork, this building is by far the best spot to be because you won't have to worry about the crossbows.

I know this is late and most of you have already beaten this/given up, but I had just played this again last night and thought I would give some tips.
LolipopGuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #57
Juri Han

S I N Juri Han's Gamercard
This was rather easy. I just ran through the entire thing until I got to the end then hung out ontop of the small room that is missing a roof. If you stand in the corner up top it glitches the enemies and cuases them to run around in circles. If someone need's help with this achivement send a friend request to me and we will get it done.
Juri Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #58
Capt AwesomeDP

Capt AwesomeDP's Gamercard
It was such a pain for me, a friend and I did it on a whim one night and all we got was the 2nd pistol, 2nd machine gun, and shotgun. I went through the game up until the end with only the handgun and we died a LOT. When you do this on pro remember 2 things:
1) The game gets harder when there are 2 human players, and
2) Make sure you know where to look for the better guns/RPGs

Either way, it's done now and I'm so very thankful I will never have to do this again on pro.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #59
leleog

this DLC in professional is extreme, can't get it ;/
leleog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #60
Jordan64

Jordan64's Gamercard
Anybody want to give this a go? All of my DLC data got erased so Idon't have pro unlocked but it should still work if someone else sets it to pro

GT:Jordan64

preferably aussies
Jordan64 is offline   Reply With Quote