Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Iron Man 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #1
srf_1999

MrSawedOffSlim's Gamercard
Do You Like The Last IronMan Game?

I Do...I Fucking Loved It...BUT On The PS3...The 360 Version Sucked...The Sound and The Graphics And Everything...I Have Both Systems And I Played Both Versions...Shit I Still Play The PS3 Version
srf_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
IxI Dempsey IxI

iD a n S u f c's Gamercard
Being honest, I never played it, nor have I ever taken an interest in Ironman, but this game looks cool so I'll have a go at this maybe.
25k Gamerscore reached, 24th Feb '10.

100%GS Club-

Modern Warfare 2, Fight Night 3, NBA 2k6, FIFA 06, FIFA STREET 3, Fifa 09 , Halo 3
Working on:Fifa 10
IxI Dempsey IxI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Experiment21

Experiment21's Gamercard
it was good for the first time i played it then it just got a little bit dull doing the same thing protect this attack that hopefully this one will be a worth while game
Experiment21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
ethanl2k7

Ethanl2k7's Gamercard
the first game gave me herpes it was so bad.

RIP George M. Steibrenner III owner of the world renowned baseball team of the Bronx.
ethanl2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #5
Skully B

Skully B's Gamercard
The first was a blast i had fun flying around and the achievements were fun too hopeing this one will be better though
Old 03-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #6
darquesyde

Darquesyde's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hated the first due to the lack of in-game save points. It was fun to a for a bit, but seemed to be lacking way to much on the customizations and the unique missions since it was pretty much the same. Hope the next one is better.
darquesyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srf_1999 View Post
I Do...I Fucking Loved It...BUT On The PS3...The 360 Version Sucked...The Sound and The Graphics And Everything...I Have Both Systems And I Played Both Versions...Shit I Still Play The PS3 Version
I at least sampled both versions and you must be on a high regiment of euphoric drugs. The game was tolerable at best - on all counts - sound, graphics but most importantly it had some pretty shoddy controls. Game Play is a key factor to any Licensed product since that's where they show the least amount of dedication. Iron Man was a decent flight simulator compared to the likes of HAWX or even Superman Returns. The combat was a veritable mix of flying high to low either running away and coming back or ducking behind something for cover. You never felt like Iron Man in that you would take a small pounding and come right back for more.

It's like how some people bitched about Dead Space that you felt a little "too helpless" which I disagree with. That was the point of Dead Space. Iron Man should make you feel like a superhuman armored master blaster. It didn't. It played out ok plot-wise.

Looking forward to the second one though as footage actually looks decent and story should be tolerable as well.
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Madfrog0

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
it was alright, not the best.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
JuCaMo

JuCaMo's Gamercard
Maybe it's because I liked the movie so much that I actually enjoyed the first one. The controls do feel a little awkward at first, but it's not long before you get used to them. Most levels play out like a sandbox game but there was a lack of detail that made them feel repetive and uninteresting.

What I couldn't overlook was the poor visual and sound effects. You could light people up with your flamethrower and they would just fall over and die without screaming or going crazy trying to put the fire out. Explosions from your rockets, shockwaves from crash landing on top of a tank, even punching a foot soldier; all these things lacked oomph.

From what I've seen in the trailers for the sequel, there is more variety to level design, larger scale boss fights, and more weapons. If they give the sound and visual effects a little more polish than the first one it could actually turn out to be a pretty decent game...or at least I hope so.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
Svenndarkheart

svenndarkheart's Gamercard
Ironman was a good game tough at spots
Svenndarkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
Kyanite

Send a message via AIM to Kyanite Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanite

RCPD Zombie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuCaMo View Post
Maybe it's because I liked the movie so much that I actually enjoyed the first one. The controls do feel a little awkward at first, but it's not long before you get used to them. Most levels play out like a sandbox game but there was a lack of detail that made them feel repetive and uninteresting.

What I couldn't overlook was the poor visual and sound effects. You could light people up with your flamethrower and they would just fall over and die without screaming or going crazy trying to put the fire out. Explosions from your rockets, shockwaves from crash landing on top of a tank, even punching a foot soldier; all these things lacked oomph.
I love how you say you enjoyed the game and then proceed to trash it.

I loved the first movie but hated the first game. I'm not sure if I'll even bother to eventually get the full K on it.

As for the sequel, I don't have any hopes for it. The developer has already been shut down by Sega after failing with the first game and with "Golden Axe: Beast Rider." I may GameFly the game if the achievements are easy to get, but I'll pass otherwise.

100% Arcade Achievement Completion: 23

Last edited by Kyanite; 04-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Kyanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #12
AV0STEAR

AV0STEAR's Gamercard
I'll wait till the guide comes out to see if the achievements are easy. Due to the last game, achievements are the only reason I would play the sequel.
AV0STEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
Madfrog0

the flying was really hard for me to do
Old 04-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
I'm an Iron Man fan and I liked the first game very much. It was cool, but not like game of the year cool.

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #15
AV0STEAR

AV0STEAR's Gamercard
Flying was the main issue I had with the first game, it was almost as bad as Superman Returns.
AV0STEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #16
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
I at least sampled both versions and you must be on a high regiment of euphoric drugs. The game was tolerable at best - on all counts - sound, graphics but most importantly it had some pretty shoddy controls. Game Play is a key factor to any Licensed product since that's where they show the least amount of dedication. Iron Man was a decent flight simulator compared to the likes of HAWX or even Superman Returns. The combat was a veritable mix of flying high to low either running away and coming back or ducking behind something for cover. You never felt like Iron Man in that you would take a small pounding and come right back for more.

It's like how some people bitched about Dead Space that you felt a little "too helpless" which I disagree with. That was the point of Dead Space. Iron Man should make you feel like a superhuman armored master blaster. It didn't. It played out ok plot-wise.

Looking forward to the second one though as footage actually looks decent and story should be tolerable as well.
You didn't use the Hulk Buster Armor did you? I read why some didn't like the game I loved it graphics and sound were average to me not good or bad. I liked wearing different suits and gameplay was a blast for me. But a little short on story. As for new one It has Warmachine as a playable character need I say more?