PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5 > Desperate Escape
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Professional Difficulty End Stategie

Stay very close to your partner (very close) that way you can press "B" to save them when you need to constantly run around the edges of the map and run! And if you get time here and there shoot a guy or two. Remember to use the gas tanks and explosives around the map shoot them when the Ax guy spawns and when he gets near to them. Avoid getting hit at all costs! Wait for the five minutes and you should be able to beat it.
Aqua18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Yeah it is pretty easy, I think most people struggle cos they stand and fight, instead run like a little girl, it works!!!

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Yeah dude it certainly does unfortunately my friend had to leave last night so i left my xbox on all day and all night cant wait to go home and beat that part. Because were at the last part we ran out of time last time so im sure we can beat it.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
Mil

I finnally got the achiev! Tip, you can use rocket launchers to blow up doors. Saves a lot of time.

Some people didn't believe me ~_~
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
You people who are getting Ax men are extremely lucky - we're getting minigunners instead and running around the map doesn't work at all with them.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #7
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

That video definitely helped me get the Achievement (but I did take a few hits). I'd say it's easier to do by yourself than with a friend because you probably get an easier spawn at the end. I did it by myself first with no problem at the end. With a friend it took about 8-10 tries, but we had to deal with 2 turret guys and 3 chainsaw guys.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Me and my friend had an executioner and a bug dude and machine gun guys on the roofs but we managed to kill everything but the bug and then just kept running around and shooting explosives when we could
Old 03-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
Chojin

Send a message via MSN to Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
made it to the end part solo (with full health, and 98 bullets on the machine gun) but I couldn't get an executioner spawn a single time.

Every time it was a gatling gun, which absolutely rapes you. Decided to call it day. Dunno if I can find the willpower to play it again and again until I get an executioner and then hope I can survive 7 minutes.

Edit: may have been because I started on co-op and my friend dropped out at the start. Wank.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #10
DigiLuigi

DigiLuigi's Gamercard
What enemies you get is random, but it's decided as soon as the battle starts. Maybe even before that, but I don't know. So once you make it to the end, you can't change the set of enemies that spawn by simply restarting from last checkpoint or dying. For the minigun wielding majini, I started out by going up the ladder opposite from the elevator. Blew up the gas tank behind me so half of the majini died, continued to kill off the rest until about 4:12 is left on the clock. Then the minigun guy spawns. I, still being in the same place, then shoot the guy in the face. He usually gets out of the elevator and starts shooting at you, but if you position yourself well he'll just shoot the floor you're standing on. Then he usually jumps up. Go stand on the little bridge connecting the part where you were standing with the part where he just jumped on. Use the metal plates beside you as cover. He'll hit you eventually since he starts shooting low and ends up shooting higher, but if you're fast and make some headshots you'll be able to stun him before that happens. Then go smack him in the face, hopefully your partner will do the same. After that just jump down, circle around the area and climb the same ladder again. He only has to be shot a bit more before he explodes. Then just keep the majini away from you. Around 2 minutes left, Doug says something again and additional enemies spawn. For me it was 2 chainsaw majini. Just run around the map now, with a bit of luck the A.I. won't get hit while he's following you. If you don't kill any more enemies, nobody else should spawn from the elevator.
DigiLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #11
WackFiend

Send a message via AIM to WackFiend

WackFiend's Gamercard
I just finished a Professional run with a friend. What I suggested we do is go the the ledge above the elevator and hold up there. This seemed to work pretty well.

I would like to go on record in saying that running from badguys through this entire campaign is a bad idea. When me and my friend tried running through the whole thing, we died constantly. When we moved slow and killed everything, not only did we survive, but we also got all the weapons and a ton of ammo.

At 4:15 or so, just as DigLuigi says, the elevator will open for the first time. Everytime I've played this it has always been a chaingunner. I would use my rifle and my friend would use his magnum. He went down pretty quick.

At 2:00, just as Doug (?) talks, two chainsaw majini would climb up onto the bottom level. Again, I used the rifle, friend used the shotgun. One would always go down, but not die, and then would get back up and flail violently.

At 0:45, Doug will say he is being attacked by flying BOW and will reset the timer back to 2:30 or so. At this point, a chainsaw majini jumps down from the satellite dish onto the ledge above the elevator. He again will go down once, stand back up and flail about.

At around 1:20 the elevator will open again. This was also a chaingunner. Same thing as before, except my friend used the shotgun because he was out of magnum ammo. This guy was a pain because we kept getting swarmed. When he died, at around 0:25 the agitator spawned with two big man majini. Kept on them with my rifle, killed them with 0:15 to spare. Held everything else off with the machinegun, and success!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #12
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
My problem is the whole "getting killed while having full health" crap.

I am generally fine the whole time, but randomly, one Majini will kill me in one hit, without me getting into Dying Mode first, so I don't even have a chance.

This is basically what's keeping me from getting this achievement.

EDIT: Nevermind. I beat it. Just took a lot of practicing doing the same thing and basically running away halfway through.

Last edited by MoldyClay87; 03-07-2010 at 06:58 AM.
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #13
Ninja x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Not being mean, as this is a good stragety, but it's a fairly obvious one, and it's not survive 5 minutes, it's survive around 7 minutes
Ninja x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #14
PeRFeCK

PeRFeCK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i beat it on professional with an AI partner, on the hardest enemy set...2 chaingun guys and 2 chainsaw guys. i can definitely say that you MUST to kill the big enemies if you are on this enemy set because the chaingun crap hits u from across the map.

its not hard to kill the chaingun guys, sniper their heads twice to stun, takes like 12-14 bullets though (hopefully your partner has bullets). i ran for the last 2 minutes because i ran out of ammo, and luckily got it.

as someone else said, the worst bs is getting 1 hit killed because i had saved 2 first aid sprays for that part and they didnt really help.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I haven't attempted it yet. Would everyone say its easier to run through, or actually kill shit??
Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #16
Ninja x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI View Post
I haven't attempted it yet. Would everyone say its easier to run through, or actually kill shit??
Kill what is only absolutely neccesary. You really want to save ammo, and me and my partner just ran past most of the guys. Until the end, at the end you kill shit.
Ninja x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #17
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
My brother and I made a stand in the back corner of the map, behind the small room with ammo and crates. He looked right facing the elevator, and I looked left covering the building's door and the other corner. When the minigunners showed up, he took them out with the two rocket launchers we had found along the way. We took down the chainsaw guys with hand grenades and the shotgun/machine gun.

We killed a lot of majini, and only ran out of ammo in the last 10 seconds.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #18
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
I can run, the AI can't.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #19
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiLuigi View Post
What enemies you get is random, but it's decided as soon as the battle starts. Maybe even before that, but I don't know. So once you make it to the end, you can't change the set of enemies that spawn by simply restarting from last checkpoint or dying. For the minigun wielding majini, I started out by going up the ladder opposite from the elevator. Blew up the gas tank behind me so half of the majini died, continued to kill off the rest until about 4:12 is left on the clock. Then the minigun guy spawns. I, still being in the same place, then shoot the guy in the face. He usually gets out of the elevator and starts shooting at you, but if you position yourself well he'll just shoot the floor you're standing on. Then he usually jumps up. Go stand on the little bridge connecting the part where you were standing with the part where he just jumped on. Use the metal plates beside you as cover. He'll hit you eventually since he starts shooting low and ends up shooting higher, but if you're fast and make some headshots you'll be able to stun him before that happens. Then go smack him in the face, hopefully your partner will do the same. After that just jump down, circle around the area and climb the same ladder again. He only has to be shot a bit more before he explodes. Then just keep the majini away from you. Around 2 minutes left, Doug says something again and additional enemies spawn. For me it was 2 chainsaw majini. Just run around the map now, with a bit of luck the A.I. won't get hit while he's following you. If you don't kill any more enemies, nobody else should spawn from the elevator.
I was able to complete the ending with the AI with this method. Worked pretty well. Use the one side to kill the chaingun guy then run in circles for 4 minutes as soon as the chainsaw guys show up.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #20
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja x360a View Post
Kill what is only absolutely neccesary. You really want to save ammo, and me and my partner just ran past most of the guys. Until the end, at the end you kill shit.
I used this strategy. Pretty much avoided any necessary battles, and saved ammo. The end was frustrating at first. I think the worst part was my Co-Op partner didn't have a mic =]
Old 03-24-2010, 03:54 AM   #21
optics

A friend and I got this the other week. It was rather easy. First thing we did before starting the final stand is try to take everything we could from that side of the map to save time from having to look for ammo. Also, it would help to place a mine in front of the elevator. We camped on top of the ammo room (?) with crates, opposite side of elevator. He would pick off the guys that came up the side and the ones that tried to cross the bridge. We had the 2 Minigun Guys and like 3 Chainsaw Guys. For the Minigun Guy, I would snipe his face which would cause him to fall to one knee. Unloaded the remaining 5 rounds, did a quick reload through the inventory. Waited for him to gain full consciousness and shot him in the face again. As for the chainsaw guys, there were 2 that came from the hole on the right side (facing elevator). They're pretty stupid cuz they would tend to jump in and out of the hole. I threw grenades down the hole whenever they get there. There is also a transformers you can shoot, its good for saving ammo and if there are like 2 or more enemies together. The other chainsaw guy came from the tower, my friend took care of him by shooting the tanks. Save ammo when you can, if you have an enemy in front of you, shoot his leg and go for a melee attack. If you aim at him while he is on the ground and notice your laser doesn't go through, use your melee attack. Sometimes you'll also push nearby enemies back by doing a melee.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #22
UltimateAuron32

AzzTheStickman's Gamercard
oh god, im not liking what im reading... the enemies are random, and can include REAPERS, which always kill me...

oh well, need unlock Professional first anyways, vetran difficulty, here i come.

Banner Credit... ME!!

1000+
Final Fantasy XIII: 1000/1000, Borderlands: 1625/1750, Resident Evil 5: 1310/1400, Gears of War 2: 1365/1750, Halo: Reach: 1230/1400

50'000: 17:27 on 19/02/2013, Resident Evil 4, We're Going Home.
UltimateAuron32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #23
KarmaDog214

It's not random.

If you get base majinis, you get gatling majini, red gatling majini, and reapers. Here, you want to keep an eye out for majinis with AK-47's (2) and rocket launcher (1), which spawn in particular locations. The first majini with AK-47, I believe, spawns from a hole and climbs up a ladder near the center of the map. The second one jumps down from the communication tower and camps near the area just above the elevator. The rocket majini will be at top of the communication. Take these guys out and you'll only have to worry about the reapers and gatling majinis.

If you get town majinis, you get red executioner majinis and chainsaw majinis. You want to keep an eye out for majinis with cross bows. He's at the top of the communication tower, where the rocket majini would spawn. The majinis with molotovs won't so much as touch you if you camp near the elevator, but it's safe to take them out just in case, when you need to grab a grenade. They spawn in the same locations as the AK-47 majinis.

Also, if you want to survive the onslaught, be sure to give your partner any weapons you don't need. For instance, if you have two pistols or two machine guns, don't be stingy. Give one to your partner and some ammunition so they're better equipped. Also, if they're lacking any powerul weapons such as a shotgun, sniper rifle, or magnum, give at least one of those things to them. Help manage eachother's inventory so that you're both prepared during any situation. And Jill player, if they have one, should give a rocket launcher to their partner before getting on top of a structure with the second rocket launcher (near third checkpoint). If their inventory is full, just exchange it for something unnecessary and discard it, i.e. incendary grenade/flashbangs.

Here are a couple of items you will want to have in your inventory: Proximity Mines (5), Rocket Launcher (2), and First Aid Spray (1). Make sure you place the Proximity Mines before triggering the cutscene, use the Rocket Launcher on whatever boss character you think is the biggest threat, and have a First Aid Spray in case something goes wrong.

Last edited by KarmaDog214; 04-03-2010 at 03:52 PM.
KarmaDog214 is offline   Reply With Quote