PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Major League Baseball 2K10
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
Is anyone else...

Getting severely pissed off at the King of the Hill achievement for beating the Best of the Best HomeRun Derby? I took Carlos Lee and made everything a 99 and took all the opponents in the Derby and made them the lowest possible. Somehow they are still hitting homeruns. I will be beating them by any number with the tiebreaker then we go into the last round and they always manage to tie it up and steal the tiebreaker. Not to mention that until the final 5 hitters I was hitting 40 Homeruns per batter and now I am scraping 10 if I am lucky. This is just garbage to me. I am getting tired of 2K and all the crap that goes along with them. No wonder they are going under. I really hope someone else gets the baseball franchise soon.

Last edited by McH2Oz13; 03-07-2010 at 08:08 PM.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
anthonyd46
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 843
Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
If you notice if you do this right as your entering the home run derby mode it says "defaulting sliders" and it goes away really fast. So it sends you back to default settings and yea i have gotten really pissed off at this mode. I was ibanez and i was against ortiz we both had 6 outs i finished my round and got 11. So im up 11-3 and he has 6 outs. He hits 15 home runs on 16 pitches then missed a couple in a row to win 18-11. Its like wow usually up 8 in a real home runs derby that never happens but 15 hrs on 16 pitches?
__________________
anthonyd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
I did not notice that. If I had I would not be using Carlos Lee and would have snagged one of the better hitters. They didn't do it in the past.

I was up on Howard by 12 going into the last four outs and had the tie breaker. After hitting 11 homeruns and only getting 3 outs his very last swing with one out left he hits a 498 foot homerun to steal the tiebreaker from 496. Just cheesy bull shit.

But I guess I will start this over and steal batters every five because Carlos Lee definetly cannot hack it.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Boosted08
 
Boosted08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 17

Boosted08's Gamercard
If you drop the stats of these players, it makes this achievement really easy.


1. David Ortiz (red sox)
2. Alex Rodriguez (yankees)
3. Andre Ethier (dodgers)
4. Chase Utley (phillies)
5. Ryan Braun (brewers)
6. Evan Longoria (rays)
7. Ryan Zimmerman (Nat's)
8. Miguel Cabrera (Tigers)
9. Derrek Lee (cubs)
10. Adam Lind (Jays)
11. Jayson Werth (phillies)
12. Jason Bay (mets)
13. Adam Dunn (Nat's)
14. Carlos Pena (Rays)
15. Mark Teixeira (Yankees)
16. Adrian Gonzalez (Padres)
17. Mark Reynolds (D Backs)
18. Ryan Howard (phillies)
19. Unknown
20. Unknown

I havent played in a couple days so I'll post 19 and 20 when i get a chance.
Boosted08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
anthonyd46
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 843
Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It defaults the rosters when u start the game..
__________________
anthonyd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
Boosted08
 
Boosted08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 17

Boosted08's Gamercard
So you mean to tell me A Rod managed to hit only 1 home run? I don't think so, when im using jason varitek(sp) and manage to hit 40+ HRs every time?


Yeah I'm 100% sure the rostors are what you set them at.
Boosted08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
anthonyd46
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 843
Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted08 View Post
So you mean to tell me A Rod managed to hit only 1 home run? I don't think so, when im using jason varitek(sp) and manage to hit 40+ HRs every time?


Yeah I'm 100% sure the rostors are what you set them at.
For me it flashes defaulting rosters when i start the mode and no matter how many home runs i hit whether im up by 1 or 10 they come back in the last out every time
__________________
anthonyd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #8
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
I have to agree with the fact that they are not reset. I made Russell Branyan a 99 and when I went to pick him it said exactly that. I think the flashing you are referring to are the default sliders for the difficulty not for the players. The last round is still tough though when it is dumbed down.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #9
MADasaHatter
 
MADasaHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jerk, NY
Posts: 2,200

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
wai wait

The best of the best ladder in the derby is just the regular derby or what? I've played and beaten the derby with Pujols and I never got the cheev. I thought it was a different gametype I was missing.
MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #10
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
You played the classic mode. You want the one where you go head to head with 20 different batters. Pujols will not be an option to pick because I believe he is the last batter.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #11
anthonyd46
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 843
Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McH2Oz13 View Post
I have to agree with the fact that they are not reset. I made Russell Branyan a 99 and when I went to pick him it said exactly that. I think the flashing you are referring to are the default sliders for the difficulty not for the players. The last round is still tough though when it is dumbed down.
Russell Branyan isnt even on the list of players i can pick because he was a top 20 hr hitter
__________________
anthonyd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
You can pick Russell Branyan. It is because you do not have the updated live rosters set to on. He is on the FA when you purchase the game. The live rosters update places him on the Indians.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #13
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
Has anyone even verified if you can get this achievement? Has anyone legitimately unlocked this? Because I wouldn't be suprised if 2K screwed up another list of achievements like they did with NBA2K10. This is honestly the last 2K game I will buy and I am a diehard baseball fan because I am so tired of 2K blowing balls.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #14
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is bulls*** I edited Jason Bay's batting attributes and he still hits 8 HR's in the round. Are you kidding me 2k?
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #15
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
Just wait until you face the final 5 batters. No matter how many homeruns you get whether its 3 or 19 they will top you by one in the final at bat or they will grab the tiebreaker and beats your by 5 ft or less. Have fun! (under breath mumbles stupid 2K)
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #16
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McH2Oz13 View Post
Just wait until you face the final 5 batters. No matter how many homeruns you get whether its 3 or 19 they will top you by one in the final at bat or they will grab the tiebreaker and beats your by 5 ft or less. Have fun! (under breath mumbles stupid 2K)
Well unless someone figures something out, no one will be getting 1000 on this game.
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #17
SilverSluggerMZ
 
SilverSluggerMZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx.
Posts: 884

SilverSluggerMZ's Gamercard
I haven't tried for this achievement yet, but if it's the same as last year, it is possible to do this. Tough, but possible with editing the players stats.
__________________

100% All Call of Duties.


Completed Retail: 36
Completed Arcade: 7
SilverSluggerMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #18
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSluggerMZ View Post
I haven't tried for this achievement yet, but if it's the same as last year, it is possible to do this. Tough, but possible with editing the players stats.
The problem is we edited all their stats and their still managing to best whatever you get every time.
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
SilverSluggerMZ
 
SilverSluggerMZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx.
Posts: 884

SilverSluggerMZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
The problem is we edited all their stats and their still managing to best whatever you get every time.
Did you manage to get the achievement from last years game? Just wondering how hard this year's King of the Hill achievement compared to last years.
__________________

100% All Call of Duties.


Completed Retail: 36
Completed Arcade: 7
SilverSluggerMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #20
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSluggerMZ View Post
Did you manage to get the achievement from last years game? Just wondering how hard this year's King of the Hill achievement compared to last years.
Yes, I did on my old account, I'm pretty sure I edit all of the players stats but they would never slug it out like the A.I. does this year last year with all the sliders down they would hit 1 or two now they are just clobbering everything, and even worse for some reason your player you are using can't hit any out for some reason either.
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #21
GTAVC3
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 53
I should have looked at this site before trying this !! In my mind, This is impossible. I was on the 11th batter ( Facing Jayson Werth ). I had Big Poppy from Boston. I played that round over and over for 7 hours. No matter what I tried, Jayson beat me every time. I also read something on another site, that this has to be done IN 1 SITTING. I wonder if this is true. You are able to save your progress, after you beat someone. It does NOT have any warnings about losing achs. or anything like that. So, I'm not to sure about it. I totally understand why everyone in mad about this ach. .. I don't think it is possibly. If someone gets this ach. , please send me a message on Xbox to ... GTA VC 3 ... Thanks ....
GTAVC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #22
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAVC3 View Post
I should have looked at this site before trying this !! In my mind, This is impossible. I was on the 11th batter ( Facing Jayson Werth ). I had Big Poppy from Boston. I played that round over and over for 7 hours. No matter what I tried, Jayson beat me every time. I also read something on another site, that this has to be done IN 1 SITTING. I wonder if this is true. You are able to save your progress, after you beat someone. It does NOT have any warnings about losing achs. or anything like that. So, I'm not to sure about it. I totally understand why everyone in mad about this ach. .. I don't think it is possibly. If someone gets this ach. , please send me a message on Xbox to ... GTA VC 3 ... Thanks ....
Seriously I don't know how anyone is going to unlock this achievement.
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #23
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
I like how everyone keep stating things like "it is easy if you adjust the sliders" or "you have to do it in one sitting". Why is it that people just do not grasp the concept that you CANNOT beat the computer on this for the time being. No matter what you hit, either 1-100 homeruns that with the final 5 batters it is impossible. Because they bat second, they trump everything you hit no matter what it is. I am going to stay idle on this for a while until I get rumor that it was patched because doing this over and over is nothing but frustrating and a waste of time. I am sure eventually someone will figure it out or it will be patched. I coach varsity baseball and obsessed with baseball so it isn't like I am an average player playing this. I play baseball video games constantly as well. Just everyone accept the fact that as of right now it is impossible. Like I stated in one of the other threads, it is impossible to get 1000gs until July so you might as well use your time elsewhere for the time being until it is possible. Have fun.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #24
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McH2Oz13 View Post
I like how everyone keep stating things like "it is easy if you adjust the sliders" or "you have to do it in one sitting". Why is it that people just do not grasp the concept that you CANNOT beat the computer on this for the time being. No matter what you hit, either 1-100 homeruns that with the final 5 batters it is impossible. Because they bat second, they trump everything you hit no matter what it is. I am going to stay idle on this for a while until I get rumor that it was patched because doing this over and over is nothing but frustrating and a waste of time. I am sure eventually someone will figure it out or it will be patched. I coach varsity baseball and obsessed with baseball so it isn't like I am an average player playing this. I play baseball video games constantly as well. Just everyone accept the fact that as of right now it is impossible. Like I stated in one of the other threads, it is impossible to get 1000gs until July so you might as well use your time elsewhere for the time being until it is possible. Have fun.
what batter are you currently against? I'm against Adrian Gonzalez. The biggest thing for me is I can't even hit any home runs anymore the most I could get in a round is like 5 now I can't even hit 1.
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #25
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
Last time I tried it I was against Ryan Howard. Once you get to the final 5 I believe you have you use the hit stick but I am not certain.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #26
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McH2Oz13 View Post
Last time I tried it I was against Ryan Howard. Once you get to the final 5 I believe you have you use the hit stick but I am not certain.
Yeah which is weird because the only way I was able to beat Bay, Dunn, and Teixeira, was if I hit A and the LS up simultaneously every other pitch would result in an out. How to you beat Adrian Gonzalez did you just get lucky.
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #27
McH2Oz13
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 77

McH2Oz's Gamercard
I dunno really I just basically beat him. It took alot of tries. In fact I beat whoever is after him too. Howard is the third from last.
McH2Oz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #28
DarkManX
 
DarkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C-Town/In Audrey Bitoni
Posts: 1,742
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McH2Oz13 View Post
I dunno really I just basically beat him. It took alot of tries. In fact I beat whoever is after him too. Howard is the third from last.
Oh so your probably on Prince Fielder if you beat Howard, I'm starting to think this achievement is still possible because sometimes when I'm playing I'll get lucky and they'll only hit a couple of home runs.
__________________

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 AM.