PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dante's Inferno > Dark Forest
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
gotworms

gotWORMS's Gamercard
Thumbs down Rip off!!

I love this game, but this downloadable content is a rip off. Two achievements are nice, but 400 ms for 15 minutes, that seems a little bit expensive to me. If you don't care about 100% completion, I wouldn't waste your money.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
im glad i got this for free with the PS version because had i paid for it id be pretty pissed
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #3
Ev1l R4ptor
Banned User

Ev1l R4ptor's Gamercard
That's the problem, we do all care about our 100% completition, so we did all buy It!
Ev1l R4ptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
v_thorne

Verkolac Thorne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I love this game, so I will be getting it next week.

But it is a huge rip off...
v_thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #5
ARKeDGE

Send a message via AIM to ARKeDGE

ARKeDGE's Gamercard
400 points are a lot for something this short, but I really enjoyed the game so I will be buying it. I'm playing through the second time right now, and I just got back from Best Buy because I picked up the movie!
ARKeDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
ValentineOO1

ValentineOO1's Gamercard
I agree. 400ms is a bit pricey for this dlc, but its a must when ya want the 100% gs on it
ValentineOO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Didn't like the game overall, but I do LOVE the story and the way it's told, so I thought this would be great, but it explains NOTHING and offers 7 minutes of mind-numbing boredom with a drawn-out puzzle that reminds me a huge amount of a puzzle in DMC4.

Big rip-off, if you're hoping for more explanation into the story as to the identity of the murderer, watch Dante's Inferno: The Animated Epic, explains it all.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkaiah View Post
Didn't like the game overall, but I do LOVE the story and the way it's told, so I thought this would be great, but it explains NOTHING and offers 7 minutes of mind-numbing boredom with a drawn-out puzzle that reminds me a huge amount of a puzzle in DMC4.

Big rip-off, if you're hoping for more explanation into the story as to the identity of the murderer, watch Dante's Inferno: The Animated Epic, explains it all.
I think you're a bit too harsh toward this DLC (but that's just my opinion).
As far as the identity of the Muslim assassin goes... it's been revealed in the main game, it just wasn't completely straightforward.

SPOILER WARNING

When Dante had his way with the Muslim woman in Acre he thought hat her male companion was her brother (so she said), it turns out it was her husband. When Dante agreed to come through on his end of the bargain (freedom of the couple for sex) the guy left Acre in order to find Dante's woman and punish her for his actions (cause Dante, as the crusader captain/commander, was out of his reach).

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
HarperBird

HarperBird's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Complete rip off for me seeing as i had to rent the game in order to get the 2 lousy achievements and a rubbish story and rubbish graphics (thought DLC could of have better graphics like the rest of the game!) Seeing as renting the game cost 6.25 and about 2.50 for the DLC thats nearly 10 and all I wanted was 2 achievements to keep my completetion record for this game!!

Damn you EA............to HELL!! (see what i did there!?)

6 have had RRoD (one was also banned for being chipped)
1 E74 Error
1 Was given away

Sig by Nozza x360a/Breaking Bad= Best TV show ever!
HarperBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #10
Ev1l R4ptor
Banned User

Ev1l R4ptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperBird View Post
Complete rip off for me seeing as i had to rent the game in order to get the 2 lousy achievements and a rubbish story and rubbish graphics (thought DLC could of have better graphics like the rest of the game!) Seeing as renting the game cost 6.25 and about 2.50 for the DLC thats nearly 10 and all I wanted was 2 achievements to keep my completetion record for this game!!

Damn you EA............to HELL!! (see what i did there!?)
Sorry, but for the new expansion that will come out in April, the trials of St-Lucia, I do think that there will be some achievements with It!
Ev1l R4ptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #11
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
I'll pick up this DLC and rent the game again when St. Lucia comes out. Anyone know if there's more DLC after Lucia? I want to know if I should wait to rent the game so that I just have to rent it once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
I think you're a bit too harsh toward this DLC (but that's just my opinion).
As far as the identity of the Muslim assassin goes... it's been revealed in the main game, it just wasn't completely straightforward.

SPOILER WARNING

When Dante had his way with the Muslim woman in Acre he thought hat her male companion was her brother (so she said), it turns out it was her husband. When Dante agreed to come through on his end of the bargain (freedom of the couple for sex) the guy left Acre in order to find Dante's woman and punish her for his actions (cause Dante, as the crusader captain/commander, was out of his reach).
MORE SPOILERS

I thought the Muslim assassin also killed Dante. When we see the assassin's face in the final cutscene, it looks like the seducer's husband.
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei Debrusc View Post
I'll pick up this DLC and rent the game again when St. Lucia comes out. Anyone know if there's more DLC after Lucia? I want to know if I should wait to rent the game so that I just have to rent it once more.

MORE SPOILERS

I thought the Muslim assassin also killed Dante. When we see the assassin's face in the final cutscene, it looks like the seducer's husband.

Good point, I forgot about that (so apparently the assassin left Acre after backstabbing Dante- he waited till the rioting started so he could get to him).

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #13
Razzb3rrys

Razzb3rrys's Gamercard
40 gs points was ridiculous and most reviews said the dlc would last an hour lol, well it was kinda fun for the 10 minutes that it took, I didn't care though because I really liked the actual game so much and anything to make me play it again was worth the 400 points, I just wish we'd gotten more for it.

Hopefully the next dlc will be a lot better.
Razzb3rrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #14
edw211

Send a message via AIM to edw211 Send a message via Skype™ to edw211

edw211's Gamercard
400 MS?! Jeez... ugh I can't tell whether I'm more pissed that it costs that much, or the fact that I'm enough of a cheevo/100% whore to actually buy it.

Completed Arcade: Call of Duty Classic, Aegis Wing, Dash of Destruction, Battlefield 1943, Doritos Crash Course, Harm's Way

Working On: Battlefield 2, Bioshock

12/16/10: 10000 GS - Lab Rat, Dead Space
8/28/11: 20000 GS - Irony, BioShock
edw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #15
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
kinda sucks that we only got an hour (hah lol I know, im talking about a really slow person on the hardest difficulty) and 40gs for 5 bucks...we probably would have got more gs wise if they werent limited to 250gs a quarter, which I hope they have that 210 ready for the trials dlc
KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
SilverSluggerMZ

SilverSluggerMZ's Gamercard
It's EA. Did you really expect them to NOT rip you off?

100% All Call of Duties.

Completed Retail: 36
Completed Arcade: 7
SilverSluggerMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #17
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
Expect not to get ripped off? No. Hope not to get ripped off? Maybe.

I was a little disappointed that Dark Forest didn't really add anything to the story at all. Still, it alludes to St. Lucia, so the next DLC might do more in the story department.
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
II DaddyJut II

I wish I'd seen this thread before I brought the dlc. Got both the achievements, but sat there thinking "was that really it?" I know it was only 400 msp, but still, done it in 15 mins? Come on!
II DaddyJut II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bought it yesterday, too bad I'm such a achievement whore.
Totally a rip off. Did it it 15~ mins

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #20
eatenbyzombies

Send a message via AIM to eatenbyzombies

EatenByZombies's Gamercard
came with costume, which is cool, but its not like ill be doing another playthrough...

eatenbyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #21
HamsterLV

HamsterLV's Gamercard
400?! For real! That is STEALING! F**k you EA games! That's what's up!

1000+ points (42 games)

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME - 1050+

Want to boost
= COD 3
HamsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #22
BlocTaz

BlocTaz's Gamercard
You guys are so unbelievably pathetic!
Like holy crud you really are! It's GAMERSCORE! Since when does gamerscore even mean anything related to the quality of the game or the experience!? I only came on here to see what peoples opinions on it are, and it's only a rip off because you get 40G's. Really!?
The DLC also comes with a costume.
I guarantee you're all bitching about how they ripped you off but EA are grinning about it anyway, coz you complain yet you still go buy for gamerscore.
400 MS points for the game being extended and something to go back to is good. 400 MS points for Gamerscore is just.... pathetic really.
BlocTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #23
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
How is the costume that comes with this DLC? Not a big fan of Dante's normal outfit, and both the 160pts costumes available on XBL aren't much better.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #24
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The costume is meh. Don't get this dlc for the costume only

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #25
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlocTaz View Post
Like holy crud you really are! It's GAMERSCORE! Since when does gamerscore even mean anything related to the quality of the game or the experience!? I only came on here to see what peoples opinions on it are, and it's only a rip off because you get 40G's. Really!?
I guarantee you're all bitching about how they ripped you off but EA are grinning about it anyway, coz you complain yet you still go buy for gamerscore.
400 MS points for the game being extended and something to go back to is good. 400 MS points for Gamerscore is just.... pathetic really.
There's also the matter of it costing 400MS points for 15 minutes of gameplay and a costume. When you can pay that for a decent Arcade Game and it'll last you a LOT longer. Assault Heroes for example.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #26
HamsterLV

HamsterLV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlocTaz View Post
Screw you dumbass! You came to xbox 360 achievements, stay with me for this one ACHIEVEMENTS forum! That means that all people here care about gamerscore, this all website is all about that. Now you don't care about it, that's cool, I respect that, but screw you when you come here and talk s*** about us! Peace!

1000+ points (42 games)

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME - 1050+

Want to boost
= COD 3
HamsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #27
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
Yeah I have to agree with the general consensus here. I don't think it was a rip off as such, as I want to complete the story, and have the full game, so I was happy to pay that for it. I was just a bit miffed with the content - a crappy magic door puzzle, and some few enemy encounters, containing the enemies that I personally hated from the main game. I wish that side of it had been better. Not too sure about Lucia, but if it has some decent achievements, I might do.

wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #28
o0Grimmjow0o

o0Grimmjow0o's Gamercard
I think Lucia will be totally different. I would say it will be more expensive and have more achievements because it contains a whole Coop Multiplayer.

I think I wait for Lucia and a cheaper dark Forrest.
o0Grimmjow0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #29
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Honestly the biggest thing that irked me about this wasn't the achievements or the longevity of the game. Ok, maybe the length did annoy me a little, but still that's no matter. The AC2 DLC has no achievements and neither was amazingly long, didn't mind though.

The thing that Dark Forest gets me on is the fact that I paid 400MS points, and there was NO story progression at all, just a small event before the main game that doesn't even explain anything. Wasted opportunity if you ask me, I wouldn't have minded everything else if I had a nice bit of storyline advancement, but this? Nah. Terrible mistake buying it for me.

Not to mention the cutscenes were half-finished by the looks of things, no animation during the conversations between Dante and Beatrice, just a wavy effect on a still picture of Beatrice's spirit (which doesn't even get released until the main game anyway) and a convinient shot of Dante talking with his back to the camera so you can't tell his mouth isn't moving.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #30
Joshi 82 AT

Joshi 82 AT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbaab View Post
Bought it yesterday, too bad I'm such a achievement whore.
Totally a rip off. Did it it 15~ mins
hahahaha, I know how you feel. But hey, one more game completed (until the trials come out)
Joshi 82 AT is offline   Reply With Quote