PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dante's Inferno > Dark Forest
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #31
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSluggerMZ View Post
It's EA. Did you really expect them to NOT rip you off?
So true. So sadly true. It is a great game so I was really debating whether or not to spend 400ms on this just for 2 cheevs, until I found out it lasts basically 15 minutes. This should be illegal.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #32
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
I'm suprised at the number of people complaining about the 400ms for 15 minutes of gameplay, when we all spent $60 for 5-6 hours of gameplay for the game to begin with. Is it worth the 400 points for that amount of gameplay? Probably not. But was the game worth $60 for 5-6 hours of gameplay? Probably not :P

400ms = $5 for 15 minutes = 3 mins of gameplay for $1
$60 for 300 minutes (5 hours) = 5 mins of gameplay for $1

Shouldn't have really been that much of a suprise, huh?

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and the fact that I can sit down and play it from beginning to end in one sitting should I feel the need to relive the story is great. But if we're talking about the duration of gameplay versus dollars, this game was a rip-off from the get go.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #33
Ionus

Nezron's Gamercard
400 MS points is too much??

maybe... but think about it. That is only $5.00. Most people spend that much on morning coffee, and they don't even get any gamerscore

I don't even own the game (renting atm), and i still got the DLC for it.

It may have been short, but did get a couple more achievements for it, so I am not going to complain
Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #34
DayV3d

DayV3d's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
bought it yesterday, got both achievments on my first try without even realising what im doing... this dlc is nice and fun for 10 minutes, but i cant help myself... i feel really ripped off by ea
DayV3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #35
Vampire Spawn

Do these achievements unlock on the dashboard if I were to just play the game without the DLC? Or is it an automatic update that will put them there anyway, for example like Ninja Gaiden II does?

Edit: nm, found out here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=214874

Last edited by Vampire Spawn; 04-18-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Vampire Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #36
Madfrog0

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
yea. there isnt much to this level. and the disco outfit is horrid
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #37
Madfrog0

and yes, it is way to short.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #38
MyAbsolution

MyAbsolution's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I reckon/guess that this DLC will one day be on Deal of the Week for 240MSP or less.

When that day comes I will pick up Dark Forest. 400 MSP is too much. And since it is only 40G I think I can wait. I think people need to be a bit more patient with their spending habits. If something is too much money, wait for it to go on sale or something comes up.

Heck, I just bought this game for 25 dollars (used) and the previous owner only played the game once. The game is only two months old and already the value has depreciated significantly.

*First NTSC Console to Reach 1100G in North America*
*First Worldwide to 1250G in Enslaved: Odyssey to the West*
& 2nd Worldwide to complete 200/200 Vigilante 8: Arcade

Last edited by MyAbsolution; 04-27-2010 at 11:04 PM.
MyAbsolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #39
Juiceh

SuperJuiceh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Even 240 MSP is too much for 5 minutes worth of gameplay, this was a total ripoff and not even worth the 40G. I can't say I expect anything other from EA though, since they're just moneywhores like most multi-bilion dollar companies.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #40
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Yeah, it wasn't very long....at all....in any way, shape, form or parallel universe. I picked it up expecting it to be short and still paid the ungodly 400 points for it, which I need to have my head checked for.

Anyway, achievements done. Just wait for the new content tomorrow.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #41
Horwitz

MightyHorwitz's Gamercard
Sheesh, I like how they stay in tune with the start of the story, but this was just horrible, not to mention the fact that the Trials of St. Lucia isn't much better.
Horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #42
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlocTaz View Post
You guys are so unbelievably pathetic!
Like holy crud you really are! It's GAMERSCORE! Since when does gamerscore even mean anything related to the quality of the game or the experience!? I only came on here to see what peoples opinions on it are, and it's only a rip off because you get 40G's. Really!?
The DLC also comes with a costume.
I guarantee you're all bitching about how they ripped you off but EA are grinning about it anyway, coz you complain yet you still go buy for gamerscore.
400 MS points for the game being extended and something to go back to is good. 400 MS points for Gamerscore is just.... pathetic really.
400MS Points for basically 15 minutes of Gameplay and a costume! THAT'S what's pathetic, there are Arcade Games for 400 MS points that have HOURS of play value, and EA puts out this BS for $5. But, if really think about it, the game took me about 8 hours to play for the $60 so that's about $7.50/hour, so maybe if I play the DLC on the hardest setting and it takes me like 30 minutes it's still cost-wise the same as the regular game.

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #43
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

I agree. I'm surpissed a DLC of such a tiny quantity is even allowed to be charged for. It almost feels like ordering a pint to have the barman drink 3/4 of it first, lol.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #44
Mudplugger

Mudplugger's Gamercard
I thought the MS rules said that all games had to have 1000GS out of the box. Any GS from DLC had to be in addition to the 1000, weren't the rules clarified after the whole Fable II fiasco?
Mudplugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #45
Phobia47

amgfail's Gamercard
Ugh, I just rented this from Gamefly and got 940GS on my first playthrough and was hoping I could get the 1000 from the 2nd (maxing out Unholy and hitting max level Unholy) but saw the achievements for this as well. I didn't know it was DLC.. and paying 400MS for 10 minutes seems a bit steep. Decisions, decisions..

Currently Playing - AC4: Black Flag - Freedom Cry DLC, Powerstar Golf
http://www.whatsyourtagblog.com - An Xbox Gaming Blog
Phobia47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:56 AM   #46
Bobby v

Bobbyv24x7's Gamercard
So I haven't even got this DLC yet and now that I'm seeing all this complaining about it I don't really want to get it, OH BUT WAIT I have to get it for 100% completion because apparently now microsoft thought it would be smart to add achievements without having to Download the DLC. I got boned on RE5 because of this BS and now Dante's Inferno. Luckily I'm hearing the ach. are easy but still its BS I'm forced and yes FORCED because of my perfect score gamertag, to buy it. What a load of crap.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #47
Joshi 82 AT

Joshi 82 AT's Gamercard
I don't think 400MSP for 2 achievements is a rip off as I don't think someone should compare money to gamerscore.
But what just really, reeeaaally pisses me off is when the guys from the Dante's Inferno team claim that the DLC takes about an hour to complete. Shows that they are either stupid or not testing at all (after the trials DLC went online I stick with not testing (damn EA trials)).

Halo wars - Running the show,
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - The best there is

Austrian user. Timezone GMT+1
Vienna 3:00 p.m. -> New York 9:00 a.m.
Vienna 3:00 p.m. -> Sydney 11:00 p.m.

Joshi 82 AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #48
Bobby v

Bobbyv24x7's Gamercard
I say rip off just because 2 easy ach. for $5 and really no story add-on that we didn't already know is kinda lame. It took me 20 mins for 2 run's to get both ach's.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #49
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
massive rip off
seriously regretted getting this
couldnt even get my 100% on this cause of the trials dlc which looks almost as bad
Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #50
ubermensch2007

DaftBeowulf's Gamercard
I'm not saying anything new here, but wow. that was 6 minutes tops for both achievements on the first try. instant regret on buying this dlc... although I'm borrowing the game from a friend, so it doesn't rankle too bad.
ubermensch2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #51
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
I was about ready to break down and purchase this DLC pack, but I'm glad that I came here first. I'm still going to hold off and wait in the hopes that it comes down to about 160 MSP's. I was mad at EA and Visceral for giving this to N.A. & European PS3 owners and to European 360 owners as part of an no-extra charge Collector's Edition and they just now re-fueled that anger by charging so much for so little for this DLC.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #52
odysseus123

odysseus123 vtb's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Wasn't this DLC part of the pre-order package when it came out? I know EA did a similar thing with Mass Effect 2 and the Zaeed DLC. If you bought ME2 pre-order it came with the code to download it.
odysseus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:42 AM   #53
ViolatorX

Legendkilla X's Gamercard
Seemed a bit steep at 400ms especially considering I got the game new for £9. Seemed like it was something they could have just put in the game beforehand, though was nice to see a change of scene.
ViolatorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #54
Ridin Solo
Banned User

Location: Im Frm L . A . Cali for ni A Hot days got shade let me tell you right away. wanna hear mre hit me up

Forgottennn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionus View Post
400 MS points is too much??

maybe... but think about it. That is only $5.00. Most people spend that much on morning coffee, and they don't even get any gamerscore

I don't even own the game (renting atm), and i still got the DLC for it.

It may have been short, but did get a couple more achievements for it, so I am not going to complain

LMFAO that was funny man that was funny "Most people spend that much on morning coffee, and they don't even get any gamerscore " lmfao im still laughing hahahaha
Ridin Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #55
Kneecromancer

The dark forest was definently a waste of money. Hindsight is always 20/20
Kneecromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #56
Kizyrix

Kizyrix's Gamercard
Well just think this costs less than Cerberus Network for Mass Effect 2 and gives more Gamerscore. Cerberus Network is 1200 for 15G
Kizyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #57
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizyrix View Post
Well just think this costs less than Cerberus Network for Mass Effect 2 and gives more Gamerscore. Cerberus Network is 1200 for 15G
who cares about cheevos :P
I bet it was longer than this DLC

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #58
Jazzy201

Jazzy201's Gamercard
This is not a rant...just a bit of sense-

Look, I know I should be more empathetic because, for better or worse, I'm probably more of a completionist than most, if not all of you-

EA sucks. We all know this. Now some of us were unfortunate enough to buy this DLC unknowingly and paid 400 MSPs for what is agreed in consensus to be entirely too short to merit its pricing. This is indeed a rip off as the OP stated-

What I find disturbing though is the amount of people that researched the product, knew full well what a rip off it was...and then proceeded to purchase it anyway and then come here to complain!

Car salesmen sell crappy cars everyday and some buyers are swindled out of their money. Yes this is unfortunate. Yet, if you knowingly see the door hanging off, smoke billowing from the hood, and two flat tires before purchasing it for an exorbitant price, you really should place the blame squarely upon yourself.

Yes, the salesman is wrong…but the buyer is indeed quite foolish. Not only would buyers be hurting themselves, but they would be contributing to their own and future consumers misfortunes-

Now, to remain non-hypocritical, I am indeed DL’ing this DLC as I type this (and Trials of St. Lucia which is currently discounted at an unannounced 50% off oddly enough); but complain I will not. I understand the act for which I am committing for an ultimately meaningless completion and do so willingly-

If you do wish to complain, please do so in a constructive fashion...on the Electronic Arts forums for instance or even through an e-mail to their company. In this way, maybe changes will be made toward future situations like this-

Now, good day to you all and a belated Happy Holidays-

Game recognizes game playa...and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now-

Last edited by Jazzy201; 01-17-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Jazzy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #59
The Taymanator

The Taymanator's Gamercard
Total rip-off. But what to do? Gotta get the complete on the game! grrrrr...
The Taymanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #60
KillerChris8814

KillerChris8814's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy201 View Post
Look, I know I should be more empathetic because, for better or worse, I'm probably more of a completionist than most, if not all of you-

EA sucks. We all know this. Now some of us were unfortunate enough to buy this DLC unknowingly and paid 400 MSPs for what is agreed in consensus to be entirely too short to merit its pricing. This is indeed a rip off as the OP stated-

What I find disturbing though is the amount of people that researched the product, knew full well what a rip off it was...and then proceeded to purchase it anyway and then come here to complain!

Car salesmen sell crappy cars everyday and some buyers are swindled out of their money. Yes this is unfortunate. Yet, if you knowingly see the door hanging off, smoke billowing from the hood, and two flat tires before purchasing it for an exorbitant price, you really should place the blame squarely upon yourself.

Yes, the salesman is wrong…but the buyer is indeed quite foolish. Not only would buyers be hurting themselves, but they would be contributing to their own and future consumers misfortunes-

Now, to remain non-hypocritical, I am indeed DL’ing this DLC as I type this (and Trials of St. Lucia which is currently discounted at an unannounced 50% off oddly enough); but complain I will not. I understand the act for which I am committing for an ultimately meaningless completion and do so willingly-

If you do wish to complain, please do so in a constructive fashion...on the Electronic Arts forums for instance or even through an e-mail to their company. In this way, maybe changes will be made toward future situations like this-

Now, good day to you all and a belated Happy Holidays-
I knew what I was getting it's such a rip off arrrgh!!!! Just kidding it's not like it's that expensive. I spent like $50 on add ons this week.
KillerChris8814 is offline   Reply With Quote